The Carroll, Adam, Henderson, Downing Support Thread

+4
RedOranje
Gil
stevieg8
poolsupporter
8 posters

Go down

The Carroll, Adam, Henderson, Downing Support Thread Empty The Carroll, Adam, Henderson, Downing Support Thread

Post by Guest Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:35 pm

these lads will be overanalyzed to death in pre-season and once the season starts, especially the English trio due to their prices......Every missed sitter, miscontrol, bad cross, etc will be followed by mention of prices and I genuinely hope those lads are strong enough to fight criticism like Lucas did 2 seasons ago.

So lets support our new lads who'll be under a lot of outside pressure this year....ultimate support, blind support, w.e you wanna call it...just a support group. I hope we get off to a good start and pressure eases off.

as for predictions for first league goals:

Carroll: Home vs Sunderland
Adam: Away vs Spurs
Downing: Home vs Bolton
Henderson: Home vs Man City

Back to top Go down

The Carroll, Adam, Henderson, Downing Support Thread Empty Re: The Carroll, Adam, Henderson, Downing Support Thread

Post by poolsupporter Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:46 am

Except Lucas didn't cost 35 million, let alone 20.

With that said however, I hope they do well for us. Downing is probably the one signing I want to see play the most.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

The Carroll, Adam, Henderson, Downing Support Thread Empty Re: The Carroll, Adam, Henderson, Downing Support Thread

Post by stevieg8 Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:47 am

I fully believe that with the help of Kenny, each and every one of these players will thrive. Of course there are always chances of flops, and everybody's going to have their fair share, Kenny showed to me that he was the best at getting the most out of each player, so I expect to see that he can help them settle and excel.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:34 pm

bUMP.

Carroll, Henderson and Downing are 3 of very few players that can come out of today's game with some dignity Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:24 pm

How many goals has he scored so far in Pre-season and have the press been constantly grilling him like they have done with Torres?

Even though these games are basically glorified training matches?
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:18 am

I can see why you're worried, Gil, considering Chelsea bought both players in this case.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:59 am

Gil wrote:How many goals has he scored so far in Pre-season and have the press been constantly grilling him like they have done with Torres?

Even though these games are basically glorified training matches?

He has scored 1 and assisted 2 in like 3 (45 min cameos) and tonight was his first full game.
but IMO, his best game was on saturday where he neither scored nor assisted, but he looked very sharp and a threat, n of course it correlates with the fact that he was getting movement and service behind him by likes of Hendo, Downing, Adam and Kuyt.

Tonight I felt really bad for him seeing the team sheet as the 3 supporting cast behind him were frakking Insua, Degen and Cole. I don't know why, but we've been using the friendlies as a shop window advertiser to put our deadwood in the see and actually haven't played any of the first team players really. I really hope it changes though, because it's doing my head in.

I think, we'll be able to judge him more fairly when he is supported by Downing, Hendo, Adam, Gerrard and Suarez probably...I liked what I saw on saturday, today however was just very frustrating for him.

I haven't watched all Chelsea's friendlies and don't know what supporting cast you've played behind Torres, so I won't be able to compare and judge tbh.

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:58 am

RedOranje wrote:I can see why you're worried, Gil, considering Chelsea bought both players in this case.

We basically rate(d) Torres at 15m then. confused
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:39 am

Bumpdsss
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:23 pm

We'll go to the High Court with Suarez, so there's going to have to have evidence from the FA. You can't just ban a guy and have him dubbed as a racist for his whole career judged on Evra's word ffs.

But, for time being. It's time for Carroll to step up. This is his time. I've supported him ever since he's been here but he needs to IMPROVE from now. We need him more than ever.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:54 pm

Just watch all of these guys score hat tricks now..

Carroll will be league top scorer come January..
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:57 pm

If Carroll scores atleast 4 goals by January I'll be happy...
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:04 am

ynwa wrote:If Carroll scores atleast 4 goals by January I'll be happy...

If Carroll plays 4 games by January...... Razz
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:11 am

Yeah, Carroll has to step-up. He just has to. It's so depressing. Just when Gerrard is on verge of coming back, Suarez gets banned :facepalm:
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:45 am

Suarez's ban is suspended until after the appeal, assuming the club lodge one (which they will). As such it's unlikely his suspension will start, should it be upheld, until two weeks from the day the FA release their "written reasons" for the charge.

He'll probably miss January, rather than December.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:10 am

RedOranje wrote:Suarez's ban is suspended until after the appeal, assuming the club lodge one (which they will). As such it's unlikely his suspension will start, should it be upheld, until two weeks from the day the FA release their "written reasons" for the charge.

From my understanding of the statement released by the FA, the ban will be suspended pending a result from the appeal process should Liverpool lodge one. (Which they will)
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:38 am

eight games?

EIGHT GAMES?!?!?!?!?!?????
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:20 am

Nishank wrote:Just watch all of these guys score hat tricks now..

Carroll will be league top scorer come January..

Dude he wasn't mentored by Rajni Sir! ! affraid

RedOranje wrote:Suarez's ban is suspended until after the appeal, assuming the club lodge one (which they will). As such it's unlikely his suspension will start, should it be upheld, until two weeks from the day the FA release their "written reasons" for the charge.

The way the FA have been dealing with this issue it might stretch upto March even Razz

But 8 match ban seriously! ! i mean wtf is wrong with this people! people get 1 match ban for shouting at the camera at fans infront of fan with thousands of witnesses & Luis gets f***ed based on the statement of a single guy who in his own statement did mention that he doesn't think Luis is a racist ! ! Evil or Very Mad

I mean this is worst misfortune then hitting the bar 17 times! ! He would be missing the major part of the 2nd half of our season! !

Our best two midfielders out! & our most creative player kicked out! ! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE! ! :brickwall:
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down