Casciavit
rincon
Vlad the Impaler
Kaladin
dostoevsky
35 posters

Page 14 of 39 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 26 ... 39  Next

Go down

Mercato Rossonero: Milan Transfer Activity Inside Out - Page 14 Empty Re: Mercato Rossonero: Milan Transfer Activity Inside Out

Post by IrasMaldinista Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:26 pm

OFFICIAL: Milan going berserk on the market.

Anthony Martial is the newest target, and obviously Milan is looking for loan.
If we loan Renato Sanches and Anthony Martial, we will out-depth Juve by a margin. Not only is Martial fast and agile, he's also a goalscorer; something that none of the wingers we've been linked with boasted.
As for Sanches, if I were him, I wouldn't choose Milan and go to a smaller German team. There is too much competition here and he has to acclimatize to a new environment all over again, with Kessie way ahead of him due to having been in Italy for much longer.

Meanwhile, take Belotti's absence from the new kit photo shoot seriously. I mean it. He's BY FAR Torino's best player, and his absence can only mean that bastard Cairo has sanctioned the move. Very happy hours as La Nazionale's first-choice striker is heading to Milan. When was the last time we were in the same situation? Vieri was already out of the national team setup when we got him, and Gilardino was the second choice. Somebody help.

IrasMaldinista
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Mercato Rossonero: Milan Transfer Activity Inside Out - Page 14 Empty Re: Mercato Rossonero: Milan Transfer Activity Inside Out

Post by IrasMaldinista Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:28 pm

GiancarloC wrote:I know you guys may still hate my guts and I know I'll probably be banned again right after posting this message...

But I'm literally shocked at what has happened this summer. I can't quite believe it. There has never been a mercato like this for anyone... it's literally a new team. I just hope they all succeed, including Borini.

I think Calhanglu should sit further back.

Anyways as far as Belotti... I'm not quite convinced that we should spend 80 million on him. It's a huge risk. Gilardino had 50 goals in 96 Serie A appearances for Parma (two excellent seasons with 25-26 goals) and 4 European goals in 14 appearances. Gilardino was 23-24 years old when we bought him. He never did that well for us.

I prefer Aubameyang certainly.

But I wouldn't be unhappy with Belotti. I just think 40-50 million + Paletta and Niang is more than enough.

80 million + Paletta and Niang is insanity. It's too much money for a player that hasn't scored once in any European club competition.

Anyways, I hope you all continue to have a good summer.
GianCarlo!!! Welcome back, dude! WhyTF would we hate you?
Plus, your nemeses are all gone, and you can peacefully get back to us.

You may not believe me, but I'm ecstatic to have you back.
IrasMaldinista
IrasMaldinista
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:36 pm

You are welcome to post here Giancarlo.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by GiancarloC Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:39 pm

I am not banned yet? My gmail was on the banned list, so I used my second one. I hope that isn't bad.

We're linked with Rachid Ghezzal... as a back-up I suppose. Free transfer.

Belotti seems so expensive to me, and while I love the major investment into this team... I'm wary of spending big on him.

GiancarloC
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by GiancarloC Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:09 pm

Milan has an agreement with Morata, but not with Real...

milannews.it/primo-piano/gazzetta-milan-morata-accordo-con-il-giocatore-ma-si-deve-trattare-con-il-real-261423

I wanted Morata earlier, but not sure how I feel about this one now. And aren't Real asking like 80-90 million for him? I'd have to pass..

GiancarloC
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by IrasMaldinista Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:15 am

If we can sign Morata for 70m, it would be, realistically speaking, better than the hilarious 100m that Cairo is demanding for Belotti. Let's not forget that Real need the money quick to raid Monaco for Mbappe before those PSG petrodollars bag him in the coming days. I'm sure Perez will be soft enough; too bad we can't give them Paletta and Niang to lower the cash portion  rofl (though, in all fairness, Vangioni owns Danilo and they'd be smart to suggest a swap).

Morata scored a goal every 86 minutes last year, which was better than the goal/game ratio of Diego Costa, Lewandowski, Aubameyang, Belotti, or whomever else you can think of. Though still young at 24, he has been playing in the UCL his whole career, including two finals, and is also taller (189cm) than all the available strikers on the market. Sure, he's not the aggressive presser Belotti is, nor as fast as Aubameyang, but in turn more skillful on the ball and more self-sufficient. All things considered, he is perfectly worth every Euro of the 70m we're reportedly paying.

We will, meanwhile, live to fight another day for the signing of Belotti. Something tells me he will, one day, wear his favorite no.7 here, even if not this year.

Last edited by IrasMaldinista on Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:27 am; edited 1 time in total
IrasMaldinista
IrasMaldinista
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by GiancarloC Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:27 am

Morata would be perfectly awesome in my book, and I'd be okay with Belotti too.... but I certainly see what you're saying about Morata. Some Milan fans don't like him at all, but he is definitely the right kind of player for us. I'd be happy with Aubameyang too who is currently my first choice.

But really any of these players would certainly provide us an upgrade over Bacca and Lapadula. Morata and Aubameyang are probably at the top, and Belotti is more of a prospect. I'd feel more comfortable if we could work out a deal for 50-60 million for Morata... it's not really the transfer fee that bothers me but the rumor about wages. There was a rumor that was published that we'd pay him 10 million euros a season... I sure hope not. 6-7 million tops I hope if we do sign him.

My issue with Belotti is he has only one proven season and hasn't played any European cup level matches. That's too much of a gamble for me and makes me uncomfortable. I remember Gila having 50 goals in 96 appearances for Parma and playing in the UEFA Cup too... he didn't quite work out for us.

We have our youth prospect in Andre Silva. If we play 3-5-2, we need a striker that complements him and I think Morata or Aubameyang would fit the bill. Belotti is too much of a risk at least right now. That being said if he does arrive, I won't be unhappy by any means. What has happened to Milan this summer still has left me in a state of shock.

Last edited by GiancarloC on Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : 3-5-2, not 5-3-2.)

GiancarloC
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by IrasMaldinista Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:43 am

Exactly. We can't help having a soft spot for Belotti because he's passionate, hard working, just plain lovable, and to top it all off, Italian. Sure, he's been great for Torino and Italy, but if it was my precious money in Fassone's hands, I'd be sore with him for spending THAT much on a league striker with no UCL or WC experience.

Transfermarkt.com has set Morata's price at 40m, and Belotti at 30m. One can't rely on such estimates by some website, but it gives you an idea of where the two stand. The lower price of Morata, in addition to the money we get out of selling our redundant scrubs, will give us the resources to sign the winger and the midfielder that we badly need.

On the technical aspect, Morata is a deadly finisher, knows Serie A defenses, and though not nearly as herculean as Ibra, can more or less play the role of imposing targetman.

In the meantime, as a Milanista, I'd love us to sign a former Juventus favorite to sprinkle some salt on Juventini's bleeding wound caused by the Bonucci transfer. Hurting opponents is almost as sweet as seeing our own success.
IrasMaldinista
IrasMaldinista
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by GiancarloC Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:46 am

I understand the feelings for Belotti, but I really need to see more in the future. 70-80 million plus two players for a striker with no European experience is too much of a gamble. Even Gilardino had some UEFA Cup experience.

Transfermarkt is way off. While they may say the market value of a player is a certain price, the club of that player may value him at something far higher.

If we do adopt 3-5-2/3-4-1-2, we won't really play with wingers, but my suggestion for an additional winger in the form of Rachid Ghezzal may work... and Ghezzal is free. He's a solid player, but perhaps more of a rotational player.

As for a midfielder my ultimate dream would be Goretzka, but he himself is a gamble to bring. A more established choice would obviously be Modric. Goretzka would be more long term.

My formation for 3-4-1-2 (similar to 3-5-2 obviously):

Dollarrumma::
Musacchio, Bonucci, Romagnoli ::
Conti, Kessie, Biglia, Rodriguez ::
Calhanoglu ::
(Morata/Auba??), Silva

I think having a three man defense with Bonucci now is more likely. If I have anything weird or awkward, it's my fault. I kinda wrote that in a hurry.

GiancarloC
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:21 am

Holy shit, Giancarlo is back Shocked
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Based Bonera Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:17 am

What I do like about Morata is that hes hungry to improve himself. He's still only 24 so he still has time to improve.
Based Bonera
Based Bonera
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:34 pm

Welcome back Giancarlo.

About Belotti and Morata and some things about Belotti being a Gilardino case for Milan.

Belotti won't be more expensive than Morata . And not just because of the price , but also wages. We were never paying 100m for Belotti , that much was always clear. Cairo may say what he wants really , he won't be getting 100m and he knows that very well now. Of course he will insist on playing hardball , but he has said more than once something which i never ever doubted if it was sincere. That he won't keep Belotti against his will. He knows the game , there are limits to the bs. Contrast that to Real and Morata , which Real genuinely do not want to sell him. Not unless for a premium.

They wanted 90m from Manchester and Morata's wages will be anything from 7-8 to even 10m if some reports are to be believed. Morata is very clearly the more expensive option , Belotti's wages would be Bacca's wages max . I think it could well be 3.5/4m plus generous bonuses for goals scored. Morata even 7m , i say with all calma , fk that . Not because i care for the money , because Morata getting dat makes me laugh really. Morata wouldn't even score 20 goals here . People bring up his stats and all , but we are not Real just yet , not everything will come to work as for him to score and assist on every opportunity . Contrast that against Belotti scoring left and right with Torino. And with variety unmatched.

Cairo not keeping the player against his will , this alone gives us great leverage especially when we know Belotti would love to play for Milan , we can hardly ask for more in this already difficult case. So i am confident after doing his best to get what he wants , Belotti worst case for Milan will cost 2/3 of his release clause value. 60m plus some bonuses and whichever player(s) are willing to join , he's not an idiot , he will accept something near that mark.

He has no room left to hardball . Once we're out , he gets nada. Nada. He won't willingly take the risk which is a frustrated Belotti missing out of his dream club stay there for another season , which is an eternity in football.. even the slightest drop in performance next season and he can kiss the big money goodbye. No , i believe if he won't listen to reason , he will at listen to his own words and let Belotti go for something which works for all parties.

As for the comparisons , or if you want , worries about a second Gilardino case.. whilst i get it , i don't agree it holds any ground against Belotti. Just because it didn't work as we expected once , doesn't mean it's going to be the same again. I remember Gilardino days . Gilardino wasn't what we wanted him to be but that said , he wasn't that bad for us really , it's just Ancelotti never really believed in him and that messed up with him in his head. Always prefered Inzaghi and always had him first in his plans , when it was between them at least. Even after Shevchenko left , he even changed ways and we played with an extra midfielder instead of trusting Gila. You may argue Ancelotti knew what he did and i won't disagree. But Gilardino was never really fully allowed to blossom at Milan .

Again, instead of Ancelotti trusting him 100% after Sheva at least , we even got Ricardo Oliveira lol. As if that wasn't enough , when it was obvious he wasn't Milan material , again Inzaghi was ahead of him. He didn't have the confidence anymore , he was messed up. I still remember Galliani saying (paraphrasing , it's been many years) , maybe it was a mistake buying Gilardino and maybe a mistake letting him go , something like that. Meaning is obvious , he was always worth it in essense , we just didn't use him as we ought to . I won't complain , always liked Inzaghi more , but really , we don't trully know what would happen if he was 100% trusted.

Which lets me return to Belotti , it is not the same , as a one season wonder or something. It's all about how far you intend to go with said player and Belotti would have absolutely zero of the issues Gilardino had at Milan. He would be our main guy up front no matter what. As for lacking international experience , i believe many in our team do and one CF won't fix any shortcomings that's coming our way. Belotti has a lot of time to rectify that and i sincerely wish it is with Milan . Don't know how much you've seen him play but i have this season and i have zero , absolutely zero doubts about what Belotti could do at Milan.

In fact , if we are going 3-5-2 / 3-4-1-2 , i sincerely don't want Morata playing with Andre Silva , they are very similar. They are players who will barely get into the ugly situations , players that lack balk to withstand hard defenders , they don't run nowhere near as much as Belotti does , they are best with the link up play and take delicate shots , make dummy runs to open up space etc , they are very similar in fact and we ideally need a different profile to Andre Silva next to him. You couldn't possibly ask for a better fit next to Andre Silva in Belotti . I am absolutely certain they would wreak havok in Serie A once they click.

Belotti's sheer dynamism to attack the space after Andre Silva makes a false lateral run , or simply Silva putting the ball down for Belotti to finish it , Belotti's heading is sublime too , Belotti is an animalistic force on his day which would play off of Andre Silva perfectly. Andre Silva-Morata could work too but i bet they would often step on each others feet.. Belotti's finishing is absolutely insane too and from what i've seen , he's a serious pain in a set piece or corners too. Hell with Ricardo Rodriguez-Bonucci-Calhanoglu-Conti crosses , i think it's almost imperative our CF option is a great hustler who can put the ball down anywhere in the attack and also great header , which Belotti is both . Let alone how often he got fouled in Serie A... think about it , we have excellent set piece takers again , we need someone who can get us fouls outside the box often. Belotti is a foul magnet , out of sheer strength and athleticism , people get to foul him very often , imagine Calhanoglu and the rest taking advantage of that every single game. It will be crazy .

anyway this is too long already , i'll post more later
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:39 pm

We already have one hybrid forward/whatever you want to call it in Andre Silva, not as prolific with 15 goals last season. The reason why some Milan fans dont want Morata is that we need a bonafide scorer. Someone to exectue the chances that Bacca couldn't last season.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by GiancarloC Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:36 pm

It still is still too much of a gamble for me to say we should spend 70 million on Belotti. And I think Aubameyang would be far better than Belotti or Morata, and would deliver what we need right away. Belotti is still a prospect. He is not a guarantee.

Andre Silva often plays as second striker by the way.

And Morata did score once every 85 minutes and if he had more playing time he would have had well pass 30+ goals last season for Madrid.

If we want a bonafide scorer then we really should go all out for Aubameyang, who has been proven on multiple levels including in European competition.

GiancarloC
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by IrasMaldinista Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:14 pm

GiancarloC wrote:It still is still too much of a gamble for me to say we should spend 70 million on Belotti. And I think Aubameyang would be far better than Belotti or Morata, and would deliver what we need right away. Belotti is still a prospect. He is not a guarantee.

Andre Silva often plays as second striker by the way.

And Morata did score once every 85 minutes and if he had more playing time he would have had well pass 30+ goals last season for Madrid.

If we want a bonafide scorer then we really should go all out for Aubameyang, who has been proven on multiple levels including in European competition.
Aubameyang, obviously and undeniably, is the best goalscorer (and the fastest one!) available on the market, at his absolute peak, and will be coming back here with a vengeance to prove to Milanisti whom they overlooked.

However, I suppose it's partly a question of age, too. Aubameyang is 28, Belotti 23, and Morata almost 25. Yonghong Li and Fassone have implied that the  players we SPEND on have to be young and guarantee at least 5-6 years of service until our Chinese Milan project bears fruit and we become a money-making machine like Man Utd. The Rossoneri must know that not every year from now on will be like this, and unless we sell someone, from next year onward, we'll have 50m a year for transfers until 2021 or so. Therefore, it's understandable that we're not impaling ourselves to get Aubameyang for the same price as Morata or Belotti. In my opinion, in any case, Aubameyang is doubtless worth 70m. But because in 4-5 years he will be declining while Morata and Belotti will be at their peak, it's recommended that we pass on him.

Meanwhile, I'd love to punch Florentino in the face with all my might; who does he think he's selling to us? Neymar? Morata was a benchwarmer for Benzema the whole season, and not even a starter for Spain. He cannot possibly be worth more than 40m. In this ridiculous, inflated market, however, it'd be perfectly normal to pay 60m for him if it means avoiding the 80m or so that jerk Cairo is demanding.

In the end, though, I guess the management will again outsmart us, also with a view to the midfielder and winger we need. I TRUST these guys like my family now! :wub:
IrasMaldinista
IrasMaldinista
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by IrasMaldinista Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:24 pm

Apparently De Sciglio is on his way out. Good riddance.
As a fan, I despise players who turn their backs to us for bullshit reasons. Mattia has been here since his diaper days; how on earth can he behave so disrespectfully? I hope he'll be a fixture on the bench there. I can assure Juventini: he ain't no Dani Alves.

There are examples of people who didn't leave happily: Kaka and Ibra were sold against their wishes, Sheva was forced to leave by his bitch, and Nesta had our interests in mind when he made way for younger people. Nothing against them, obviously.

But, whoever, no matter how good or big, wants to leave Milan, they better do it fast. We are a generation who witnessed the way Gattuso blocked shots with his eyes and nose out of love for this jersey; no need for spineless punks here.
IrasMaldinista
IrasMaldinista
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by GiancarloC Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:33 pm

I understand the issue with Aubameyangs age, but I think the management understands how imperative it is to have a striker that performs now and not a hopeful prospect. We have too much at stake and there is no way of knowing if Belotti will ever get to Aubameyangs level.

GiancarloC
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by GiancarloC Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:36 pm

De Sciglio may be sold for 12-14 million. We are scamming them.

We paid 42 million for Bonucci and now may get some of that back. We may pay in the end 28-30 million when it comes down to math.

De Sciglio is afraid of competition and he has been in poor form for several seasons now. Good riddance indeed. And if we get 14 million, we basically got Bonucci free for a year lol. The Bonucci deal was three payments.

GiancarloC
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by GiancarloC Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:10 pm

Milannews is reporting De Sciglio will have his medical shortly with Juventus. The deal is perhaps between 12-14 million euros.

Hahhahahhahahhahhahahhahahah

I'm tempted to post in the Juve forums, but I am a changed man and do not feel it would fair to taunt them.

28-30 million for Bonucci in the end lol. Owned.

GiancarloC
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:26 pm

Laughing

Always wanted De Sciglio to prove his worth by doing one simple thing.

Bench Abate. That's all i ever asked . Is all that i really wanted to be convinced about him. Not because i didn't like Abate , or that i rated Abate as some world class RB or anything.

But by doing that , he would prove his worth beyond doubts , we had nobody better all this time. And because i saw him as LB , i was never impressed ; i wanted another player , a solid LB , De Sciglio wasn't that. His best always came from RB. He never did it. Never. Abate was always pretty limited , but always fought hard for his place , no bs.  

I never hyped him , even when people went next this and next that , future captain etc i mostly remained silent or asked for calma. I also never wrote him off , even when many of us did later on , not necessarily here in GL , all over the internets and in the stadium too , boos and all . I wanted to believe in him , not because of silly hype , i was never about hype , but because i didn't forget his beginnings at RB .

There was a very promising player there who delivered at a young age. But to buy into the hype , a first step was necessary from me. Get that RB position home . He actually failed in this , in all his years at Milan , to be our main guy there. He failed , whenever Abate was healthy , he was the RB.

SO after almost giving up on him completely this season , he changes skin too . Oh well that was it. Nobody will miss him , not after this at least Laughing

Good luck to him.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by GiancarloC Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:35 pm

De Sciglio was never that good at RB and was far from great overall.

GiancarloC
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:41 pm

Far from great overall i certainly agree , didn't imply anything else

But never good at RB? You think he was better at LB Laughing

he was what he was , between RB and LB , he was better at RB

like i said , he would have proved his critics wrong by just even benching Abate , which he never did.

bye bye loyal De Sciglio
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by GiancarloC Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:58 pm

He was at best average at RB and poor as LB. That's what I meant.

Loyal? Not so much. He fled because he now realizes we have better players at LB and RB now. He can't compete with Conti.

Loyalty would be staying and fighting for the position. He seems more interested inJuventus.

Nothing more than an average player at most.... Good riddance.

GiancarloC
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:31 pm

So long and good riddance Thumbs up
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:00 pm

Worst case scenario for Juve in the end, 30m + De Sciglio. Giving our great defender away to a rival and buying their dross in return :facepalm:

ES, will you create Calcio Saga thread soon ?
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by IrasMaldinista Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:34 pm

The poll at Milannews.it proves Belotti is comfortably the most popular transfer target among Milanisti. Hm, obviously.

I actually can't remember the last time we had an all-action, swashbuckling striker up top in the same mold as Belotti. Sure, nobody can match Inzaghi's uninhibited passion and hunger on a football pitch, nor will we see a striker as elegant as Roby Baggio. Crespo seems like the "closest" to Belotti in terms of style, but he was never ever as good as Gallo on the ball. Belotti runs at defenses a hundred times every game. Really funny stuff happens when he does that; check YouTube for proof.

Frankly, I won't mind any of our options; that is, the main three, not Kalinic FFS.
Each has his own unique set of characteristics and abilities, but when it comes to sheer charm, Belotti is in a league of his own. He reminds me of my naughty, indomitable cousins when we were kids, two savage brothers with unlimited energy who set their basement on fire, cut girls' hair, and broke dishes on an hourly basis. Belotti is so sweetly undisciplined that he would've made the worst defensive midfielder in the world, so unabashedly street-y that he would out-red-card Paletta if used as a center-back, and so unbelievably energetic that I'm sure he can't help causing chaos in the best of defenses.

Love the guy.
IrasMaldinista
IrasMaldinista
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 39 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 26 ... 39  Next