Lucifer
McAgger
Kebab
Kick
Valkyrja
80 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club III - Page 23 Empty Re: The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club III

Post by Harmonica Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:45 pm

So effortless.

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club III - Page 23 J5fMJl6

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club III - Page 23 G6aY4uY

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club III - Page 23 DtASC0Z

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club III - Page 23 KwRvOQd

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club III - Page 23 Ki7pw7j

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club III - Page 23 CUuKXI7

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club III - Page 23 JSGhEDo

Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club III - Page 23 Empty Re: The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club III

Post by Myesyats Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:57 pm

Why didnt you post the assist? Or does it not load for me?

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:45 pm

It's the first one.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:32 pm

Nice as usual Harmonia, thanks. These incredible passes week in week out Smile
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:41 pm

Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:09 pm

Lol, couldnt even see what exactly happened until that last ultra slow mo Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:33 am

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club III - Page 23 NcbW8iF
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:10 pm

Messi's assists for Suarez against Girona was his 300th career assist for club and country.

254 Barcelona
46  Argentina

180 Spanish League
35  Uefa Champions League
31  Spanish Cup
4   Spanish Super Cup
3   Uefa Super Cup
1   Fifa Club World Cup

16  Nt Friendly
13  Copa America
11  World Cup Qualification
6   World Cup

15  Levante
14  Real Madrid
14  Espanyol
14  Getafe
14  Sevilla
13  Valencia
10  Athletic Bilbao

5   Paraguay
5   Venezuela
3   Colombia
3   Mexico
3   United States

33  Suarez
24  Pedro
23  Neymar
15  Eto'o
13  Villa
12  Iniesta
11  Sanchez
10  Fabregas
9   Henry
9   Xavi
8   Rakitic
8   Tello
8   Bojan

11  Higuain
5   Aguero
5   Di Maria
4   Tevez
3   Crespo
2   Lavezzi
2   Riquelme
2   Mascherano
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:02 am

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club III - Page 23 NDvusbP
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:56 am

Godlike.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:43 pm

@Harmonica, whats the total no. of Freekick goals by Messi? I think he has overall the most number of freekick goals in top five EU leagues and highest this season too.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:05 pm

neuro11 wrote:@Harmonica, whats the total no. of Freekick goals by Messi? I think he has overall the most number of freekick goals in top five EU leagues and highest this season too.
Official career freekick goals 38, 32 for Barcelona and 6 for Argentina.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:06 pm

that's an astonishing number

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:13 pm

Harmonica wrote:The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club III - Page 23 NDvusbP

I thought Griezzman's free-kick was fantastic but the placement on this one is bambozzling :bow:

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:56 pm

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club III - Page 23 RbDv2ZX

First in 30 years to score freekick in Liga three games a row. Also currently leads Liga in goals, assists, pre-assists, thourghballs, shots on goal, chances created and dribbles. Laughing

Last edited by Harmonica on Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:03 am

Clubs should start fouling him in the box rather than give him a 20 meter FK
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:41 am

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club III - Page 23 Vij36ZF
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:55 pm

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club III - Page 23 KEPKR9r

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club III - Page 23 NohOIsW

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club III - Page 23 J27HW9W
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:46 pm

Messi's interview in Argentina. full interview translated by Juan Arango.

Messi: "Right now I leave all those pressures aside an know in my head that the World Cup is right around the corner and it will come quickly. But right now I am competing for big things in Barcelona. That has me focus on the moment, not in June." @AmericaTV "I have seen all over the world that there are many that want this to be a great World Cup for me. They want to see me win the World Cup. All over the world they are looking to see @Argentina become world champion." "Playing with my kids is the thing that distracts me that most. Being with my kids, my wife. When my first kid arrived, that changed my mindset. I stopped focusing on just my career. I still don't like losing or drawing, but I take it differently now." #FCBLive

"There are things that are much more important than a result. In the end, football is a game. We all want to win and be champions and be the best. It can't happen because the game is so filled with surprises. Sometimes the best doesn't win. I've just come to live with that." "One now realizes that there are other things in life outside of football. " "I got used to (the adulation). The key for me was to continue being myself. Be natural. You also have to be a little self-conscious at times because you have to know what you are doing because people are constantly filming you." "I don't have a psychologist. I always talk to the people closest to me- my wife, my father, my mother. You know, the people that have always been there for me." #FCBLive #FCBarcelona Messi: "I am conscious that whatever I say does have repercussions and can be interpreted in various ways. That's why I avoid getting into problems. I try to be careful with what I say, to prevent there from being any type of confusion." "I don't know what I am going to do when I retire yet. I've been told it is very difficult, I imagine that will be the case because you begin to worry about not having the routine that you have established already- the games, the practices, the travel...

"I honestly haven't those of what I will do or where I will be when the time comes. I would like to be able to do the things I have not been able to do because of my profession. My everyday life doesn't allow me to do certain things. I'm not sure if it will be in (BCN) or Rosario Messi: "I suffer seeing Argentina the way it is. There is a reality that surrounds the country. There is insecurity, especially the insecurity. I look to someday go back to live and enjoy my city, Rosario, like I was unable to as a kid because I had to move here... I don't regret doing that. I am worried about the lack of safety in Argentina. The fact that they will kill you for a watch or a bike, a motorcycle. Burglaries happen everywhere, but to go outside or have to be looking over your shoulder to prevent from being robbed ... ... or even have something worse happen is crazy." "There are many other problems plaguing Argentina, but that is one of the biggest ones. The inability to live in peace. To be able to go out with friends. To be out in the street, like I was able to back in the day. It seem like it is impossible for it to be like that again

"I remember when I was a kid that during summer vacation I used to go out and would not come back until 9pm. it was like that all over Argentina. Now that is impossible (for kids) to do." "It's difficult but we can do it. When things got tough for us Argentines, we've united and have been able to achieve great things. I hope that (battling crime) is something we can achieve." Messi: "I've cried several times in finals we've lost because of what it meant, because we came so close. To have believed that we deserved it and not being able to make the dream of an entire country come true." "The last time I cried (of joy) was when Mateo was born. I was there when Tiago was born and that was a very complicated situation. Not everything went as planned. Mateo's birth was easier, we were more experienced by then."

"I was overflowing with joy when I was told about (Ciro), but not having two other ones I was more accustomed to how things went." "I hope all three play football But I won't push them. I know for sure that Tiago really loves to play football. He's currently going to the school that @FCBarcelona_es @FCBarcelona have set up for the players' kids. "They never ask me why I point to the sky after goals. They just started doing it one day. They just do it because they saw me do it." "I always have Celia in my thoughts. That is my gratitude towards her. Not just her, it's gratitude towards God for all that he has given me. Not just what he gave me through football, but I a blessed in life. But I always remember Celia at that moment." "This group that has been playing feels like this could be our last World Cup. It's also what people have made us feel. For many having gotten to three straight finals is worthless. We, unfortunately, depend on results." "That's why this group feels that way. We got to three finals but were unable to win them. Several things were said about us all. We believe that if we don't win the World Cup, there will be even more criticism coming our way." "We will probably have no choice but to leave @argentina. That's the overall message that this group is giving." "It's also like telling the critics that they are right. At the same time they will ask for us all to leave if we don't win. They did that before. This is something that was sold by sports journalists throughout Argentina and the people bought it."

"There is a very small group of journalists that think that way. What they have asked for and badmouthed several players on @Argentina, but at the same time, it's what we feel. Altho I wish things go well and we enjoy being on the national team." "I visualize being in Moscow on July 15, playing in the final, winning it and raising the trophy. That is my dream. Every time I get to a World Cup it gets stronger. That's why I cried in 2014, because we know how hard it was to get there and come so close. It was heartbreaking" "I ignore the insults, I know it's part of the game. I just try to ignore it, but I admit there was a time where the criticism did affect me. But I was able to thicken my skin through the years." "I did get upset when (journalists) said things that were totally inappropriate. Things that had nothing to do with football. People can opine about what happens on the pitch, if I play well or not. They started to get into our private lives and things that weren't true" "They just didn't say things about (Lavezzi) but about a whole bunch of others, and that was upsetting. That and the fact that they want to tell people those lies are true." "People can criticize whether I play good or bad, hell, I'm the first one to say it." "Whether I play well or not isn't even about the goals. it's about being participative on the pitch, getting the ball frequently, make good decisions, not lose balls, it's never about making goals. Scoring goals doesn't mean I played well."

"There have been times I've scored goals and played poorly. But goals cover everything up. Playing well is not about scoring goals. " "As you get older you learn new things on the pitch. Before I might have just gotten the ball and dribbled and made my play or try to. Today, I try to help the team play more. I try to get everyone else more involved instead of being the finisher." "I try to be less 'egotistical'. Inside the box, I look for the best option possible. I try to move the team around from another position. I still continue to run the way I always have, just doing it in another manner." I don't know what food made me vomit, but I just had so many things in my stomach back then. It was because of my poor nutrition for so many years. When I was 22,23 I could eat just about anything. I used to scarf down chocolate, alfajores, soda, everything." "Now I eat better. I eat salad, meat, fish, greens. I honestly eat almost everything, but in an orderly fashion. If I have to drink a glass of wine, I'll drink one." "There are moments where you are restricted, but you will have a moment where you are allowed to have a treat here and there."

"By changing my nutrition, I noticed a significant change, especially with the vomiting. There were many things said about what might have been But what happened is that I adjusted my nutrition and it never happened again." "Every night I used inject myself in the leg. Would inject myself in one leg and then on the other the next night. I was doing that at 11, 12, years old. "My mother and father used to inject me until I learned how to do it. It was very small, it was like a pencil. I would go put in the dose I needed and would inject myself." "It didn't hurt me and to me (injecting) became a routine. "The fact that I came to Barcelona wasn't that difficult for me, I adapted quickly. My siblings, they were older and they wanted to go back. they did shortly thereafter. My sister, she's the youngest, had a hard time adapting. It cost here a great deal." "My parents made the decision that my mother would return to Argentina with my sister so she could go to school and go back to her normal life." "I stayed with my father and he asked me, 'what do we do? You have the final say. Whatever you want to do, I'll do it'. I told him, 'No. I am staying.' I was (at FCB) knew it was going to be difficult but I saw the chance was real." #FCBLive
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:10 pm

National team goals (games) vs Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, England, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Uruguay

18 (41) Messi (playmaker)
13 (32) Suarez (striker)
12 (32) Neymar (playmaker)
1 (23) Fakenaldo (striker)
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:32 pm

Seven words Lionel Messi told Barcelona team-mate Paulinho to scare him off free-kick duty

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/seven-words-lionel-messi-told-12252698?utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fzen.yandex.com
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:57 am

rofl

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:33 am

Pedro PASCULLI, a World Cup winner in 1986 had this to say:

“Argentina today depend on MESSI 10 times more than we depended on MARADONA in 1986. MESSI won’t come in and fix everything. From midfield to attack, at best, yes but at the back, who’s going to fix that? This result is another problem for MESSI because now all the responsibilities will be on him when he plays.

“I didn’t understand the midfield that SAMPAOLI put out. He put BIGLIA, MASCHERANO and BANEGA to take the ball from the Spaniards and after that, what, to who do they give it to?

“When HIGUAIN puts on the blue and white, he doesn’t see the goal… I don’t know, there’s a lot of doubts. This isn’t only a friendly match, this is an international fixture. If you see that HIGUAIN isn’t giving you anything, you have to have the personality to take him out.

“Diego MARADONA solved our problems but he wasn’t alone: We were by his side.

“AGUERO and DI MARIA still haven’t shown with the National Team what they are with their clubs.

“DYBALA I would take to the World Cup. It’s true he plays in the same position as MESSI but he’s a young player that could fix a few problems. He’s not MESSI but he can make the difference.

“I don’t think CABALLERO is at fault for the goals. You have to see it from the back, the defense… They went in however and whenever they wanted.

“With all the respect, we are Argentina, we are not Peru. We have the best player in the world. We have to put our balls out there, go out and win. You have to have the personality to put on the sky blue and white shirt, to play a World Cup, to go out on the pitch and say “I want to win.

“I saw SAMPAOLI calm in the press conference but that’s alarming. Tomorrow, the 6-1 will be all around the world.

“I would have put Lautaro MARTINEZ from minute 0 for him to go up against PIQUE and Sergio RAMOS, world class defenders. Enough. PEROTTI is very good. Lautaro MARTINEZ is wanted by Inter and Borussia and he doesn’t get a chance.

“With all of my heart I wish Argentina wins the World Cup.”

Jorge VALDANO, a World Cup winner in 1986 with Argentina:

“With this loss, Argentina will have to go through the cavalry until the World Cup. The result is terrible for Argentina, what happened today was a catastrophe.

“MESSI is the only reason for anyone to give Argentina a chance of winning the World Cup.HIGUAIN is haunted with Argentina. If MEZA’s level is that of today’s, then Argentina has a real footballer in him. I see him ready to make the jump to Europe.

“I wouldn’t like to be in SAMPAOLI’s situation.”

Mario KEMPES, a World Cup winner in 1978 with Argentina:

“Argentina’s first half made me enthusiastic. They didn’t play bad. Now the second half was acatastrophe. In the second half Argentina were 11 friends that got together to play football and they didn’t know anyone.

“You can play in the best teams in the world but defending Argentina’s shirt is another thing.

“The chance that HIGUAIN got today, had he gotten that with Juventus, 51 times out of 50, he scores it. I don’t know what happens to him with Argentina.

“MESSI can revolutionize a team by his presence but he can’t play as a goalkeeper, defender, winger, assist and score goals. There’s only one MESSI and football is played with 11 players.

“ICARDI is a player that can serve you and I don’t know why SAMPAOLI left him out. AgainstUruguay, he didn’t play bad.

“This National Team needs new blood. This World Cup is the last one for many of these guys and we need players for the change. In the first half, I liked MEZA a lot.

“For a lot of these players that are starters, theyneed a light hit for them not to sleep.”

Roberto AYALA:

“The 6-1 hurts but these matches define nothing. They are made for the coach to draw conclusions and to keep working on an idea. We risked a lot of the ball for nothing. Argentina wants to resemble Spain but they have had the same playing style for years. We’ve changed a lot of coaches who have had different ideas.

“Today was a big warning to know where we are and where we want to go. It hurts to let in a lot of goals but these things will be a warning.”

“SAMPAOLI is a coach that constantly looks at the opponents’ goal but Argentina doesn’t have the players for that. His players have othercharacteristics.

“If the defenders are attentive at every moment, you can play next to the goalkeeper. But you have to know how to manage space.”

Diego COSTA of Spain:

“When MESSI is not playing, Argentina transform into another team. Our style is different if we face MESSI.”

Sergio RAMOS of Spain:

“MESSI is a unique player and it’s clear that Argentina is more powerful with him.”

http://www.mundoalbiceleste.com/2018/03/27/jorge-sampaoli-conference-valdano/
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:01 pm

Agree with Ayala. Spot on assessment. Sampaoli needs to suck it up that we are not Chile, we have a different style and strengths so we need to play to those. This isn't club football where a Fraud can spend half a billion a season for his stylistically suited players. You have to find the right system for the players you have at your disposal. I'd blame Argentine FA for all the mess we have had with a succession of coaches. I believe Batista was the right guy for us and we should have kept him after Copa, but we went with Martino and Bauza instead. Total flops in every sense of the word.

And we need both Icardi and Dybala. What if Messi gets injured or suspended? Sampaoli will kick himself for not having called La Joya up.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:34 pm

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club III - Page 23 X6hJ57Q

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club III - Page 23 Z17rLoR
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:01 pm

danyjr wrote:Agree with Ayala. Spot on assessment. Sampaoli needs to suck it up that we are not Chile, we have a different style and strengths so we need to play to those. This isn't club football where a Fraud can spend half a billion a season for his stylistically suited players. You have to find the right system for the players you have at your disposal. I'd blame Argentine FA for all the mess we have had with a succession of coaches. I believe Batista was the right guy for us and we should have kept him after Copa, but we went with Martino and Bauza instead. Total flops in every sense of the word.

And we need both Icardi and Dybala. What if Messi gets injured or suspended? Sampaoli will kick himself for not having called La Joya up.

How was Martino a "total flop in every sense of the word". I get that you're salty about the two cup losses but tbf they were draws that could have gone any way. Under him we at least played football with a recognizable idea and tactics, we generally called up the best players available, and we pretty much made it as far as we could in both qualifiers and the copa americas, luck was just not on his side for the finals. Compare that with Bauza's tenure and you can't put them both in the same bag.

I wouldn't have minded if Martino stayed with us until this WC, but the AFA drama made that impossible.

Anyways agreed that we don't have the players to play "tiki taka", not with the Masche-Biglia-Banega midfield.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next