Ola Aina

4 posters

Go down

Ola Aina Empty Ola Aina

Post by Kick Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:30 am

He's been fantastic this pre-season, and with Ivanovic out injured and Baba out of favour, he suddenly has a chance to cement his place in the first team. I think it's about time he had his own thread.

Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Ola Aina Empty Re: Ola Aina

Post by RealGunner Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:31 pm

Chances of him starting?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:25 am

For the opener? 50/50.

It's between him and Ivanovic for starting RB spot, and of Terry is injured, then Bran will have to play CB.

Our depth in defence is so poor right now, we literally have 4 quality players (Azp, Terry, Cahill, Ivan) and two unproven back ups (Aina, Hector).

It's likely that the 4 regulars will start but Ivanovic has been rubbish again this pre-season that Aina should start over him. It's Conte's call, really.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:39 am

@Kick wrote:For the opener? 50/50.

It's between him and Ivanovic for starting RB spot, and of Terry is injured, then Bran will have to play CB.

Our depth in defence is so poor right now, we literally have 4 quality players (Azp, Terry, Cahill, Ivan) and two unproven back ups (Aina, Hector).

It's likely that the 4 regulars will start but Ivanovic has been rubbish again this pre-season that Aina should start over him. It's Conte's call, really.

Four quality players in defence isn't bad at all. Thumbs up
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:45 am

Quality was the wrong word, Regulars would be better.

Ivanovic has no business starting, Cahill has been inconsistent and Terry is old and becoming mistake prone, so it isn't great but it could be worse.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:01 am

@Kick wrote:Quality was the wrong word, Regulars would be better.

Ivanovic has no business starting, Cahill has been inconsistent and Terry is old and becoming mistake prone, so it isn't great but it could be worse.

Yeah. I knew, that's why I served it to you that way. Thumbs up

Regarding defenders, Conte will either up the form of the players you already have and max out their confidence, either you end up spending a lot of money on defenders of top quality (not sure who many are available). Your coach has a good eye for defenders.

I honestly believe the situation will somehow turn to be ok for you. Though, you slowly have to find a replacement for Terry if I think of it again.

Conte is a very good motivator, very ambitious, keen on working hard on a daily basis. The area where I can see him struggling a little bit is the tactics. Not that I know him that good but my friend, @Ion Creanga told me a few times that Conte isn't a very good tactician. He compensates with other things. I watched Juve's first seasons with Conte and I can say that in Serie A, he was top class. He struggled in UCL.

However, considering the level of tactical awareness in EPL, it shouldn't be such a big problem. And the championship itself it's a whole other thing. Can't rely on the past too much.

By the way, Ola Aina looks decent. But he is too young. It was very rarely given to me to see such young defenders performing with consistency at a high level. I think you agree with me on this. Thumbs up
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:11 am

I agree, but Chelsea will sign at least one defender before the close of the window, and we will have Zouma returning in December, so our problems are only short term.

I'd love for Aina to get game time throughout, because he only lacks cohesion with his team mates, and aside from that, vastly out performs Ivanovic.

I think if we gave him 6 months of game time, he'd prove to be a great option, but it remains to be seen if we'll give him that.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:24 am

Short-term or not, a month of weakened defense can prove to be fatal for the title challenge. Hopefully you won't have problems and go from equal to equal with us and City in a spectacular title fight.

The EPL needs to become again an environment which helps teams to have a chance at European success.

Honestly, I want as many teams as possible to play better and better and try to challenge for top table places.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:39 am

I think it will.

I think our only worry will be this weekend, hopefully Koulibaly will be signed soon and we can fix our FB issue.

Playing 4-3-3 will also fix midfield issues as Kante-Matic-Fabregas is a very well balanced midfield.

However, I think the season after this will be even better. More Money, Pep, Mou and Conte all going into their second seasons with their teams fully understanding how they want to play. Should be great.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:50 am

Koulibaly is an amazing defender from what I've heard. Were you linked with him? What about signing Hysaj too (can play LB/RB)?

Meh, I feel that I am disrespectful to Ola Aina by talking about anything else bar him in his own thread.

Should discuss these things elsewhere.

Last edited by Vlad the Impaler on Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:51 am

Heavily linked with him.

Our most likely CB signing.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:00 am

What's the estimated fee? hmm I can imagine a lot of money to pay Napoli because he is only 25.

A defensive line with Azpi, Zouma, Koulibaly, Aina would consist in three players of colour. Very nice! Smile
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:16 am

Napoli are doing everything they can not to sell Koulibaly. I think His agent said earlier in the transfer window that they were wanting or thinking about leaving. But since Napoli don't need the money (due to Higuain's fee) it will be hard for them to budge unless a really high fee.

Hysaj could be available but I think only if they sign De Sciglio, which is also unlikely. I think the only players likely to leave Napoli now are Valdifiori and Gabbiadini (if Icardi is signed).
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:53 am

@Vlad the Impaler wrote:What's the estimated fee? hmm I can imagine a lot of money to pay Napoli because he is only 25.

A defensive line with Azpi, Zouma, Koulibaly, Aina would consist in three players of colour. Very nice! Smile
According to the latest CdS, over 50m Euros.
@rincon wrote:Napoli are doing everything they can not to sell Koulibaly. I think His agent said earlier in the transfer window that they were wanting or thinking about leaving. But since Napoli don't need the money (due to Higuain's fee) it will be hard for them to budge unless a really high fee.

Hysaj could be available but I think only if they sign De Sciglio, which is also unlikely. I think the only players likely to leave Napoli now are Valdifiori and Gabbiadini (if Icardi is signed).

They are, but if he still wants to leave, they may as well let him, especially if they get Maksimovic.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:18 am

Aina gets interviewed, by his father Laughing
Kick
Kick
Admin