The Midfield: From Hero to Zero?

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

The Midfield: From Hero to Zero? - Page 6 Empty Re: The Midfield: From Hero to Zero?

Post by Andrew on Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:18 am

I might be wrong but from what I remember he missed a good part of the season being out injured. Not 100% sure though.

Andrew
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Midfield: From Hero to Zero? - Page 6 Empty Re: The Midfield: From Hero to Zero?

Post by rincon on Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:50 am

Fit Asamoah is exactly the kind of player we need. He would be great.

I don't want to sign Matuidi, definitely not Sissoko. If Matic comes thats good, otherwise just keep the midfield as it is.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 on Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:20 pm

Andrew_p wrote:I might be wrong but from what I remember he missed a good part of the season being out injured. Not 100% sure though.
True, he was out for a while, but whenever he was fit, Allegri trusted him.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 on Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:05 pm

Bet on Marrone for the Regista position? Just an idea.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon on Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:07 pm

Pjanic and Marchisio there. He could be Bonucci's sub though
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew on Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:18 pm

Higuain - Dybala

Pjaca

Asamoah - Pjanic - Marchisio

I was thinking that Pjaca has all the potential in the world to actually win that starting spot and it actually won't be surprising at all considering how talented he is. That would mean though that we'd have to drop 3-5-2 and also regardless of what formation we use I'm not exactly sure whether Marchisio should play as a box to box or in the hole, swapping positions with Pjanic hmm

What do you gorgeous mofos think hmm

Last edited by Andrew_p on Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Andrew
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon on Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:24 pm

That looks awesome. With some Khedira in there, he is class too.

I don't think we will drop the 352 for the most part any time soon though. 5 CBs is too much for 2 spots. Allegri is flexible though and already commented about both back 3 and back 4, so we'll see everything.

Pjaca got me real hyped from that West Ham game, its just preseason though so we never know hmm Still though, he looks like too much of a beast not to be good.

There was some article on TuttoJuve about Allegri thinking about Pjaca on the left in midfield.

Higuain - Dybala

Pjaca - Pjanic - Marchisio

hmm unlikely, but cool

I think we'll usually start with the 352 and then throw in Pjaca to change things up.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 on Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:38 pm

@rincon wrote:That looks awesome. With some Khedira in there, he is class too.

I don't think we will drop the 352 for the most part any time soon though. 5 CBs is too much for 2 spots. Allegri is flexible though and already commented about both back 3 and back 4, so we'll see everything.

Pjaca got me real hyped from that West Ham game, its just preseason though so we never know hmm Still though, he looks like too much of a beast not to be good.

There was some article on TuttoJuve about Allegri thinking about Pjaca on the left in midfield.

Higuain - Dybala

Pjaca - Pjanic - Marchisio

hmm unlikely, but cool

I think we'll usually start with the 352 and then throw in Pjaca to change things up.

Yes, probably we will start with the backbone formation of 352 and change depending on the players up front and how impressive they become.

The good thing is that we got Pjaca instead of Cuadrado, because Pjaca is much more flexible in attack. We can play him anywhere in attack (SS-AM-LW/RW).

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew on Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:40 pm

Definitely, I don't expect Pjaca to be a starter so early on. Allegri will probably give him the Dybala treatment.

Andrew
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 on Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:59 pm

I change my mind about the Witsel VS Matuidi argument.

Even though Witsel is younger, Matuidi is more dynamic and can provide much more. I like his fighting spirit from the videos I've seen. He quite reminds me of Vidal. It also seems that Matuidi is at his prime.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon on Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:16 pm

Something I forgot about, don't if you guys took it into account, is that there is the AFCON this season.

So Lemina, Asamoah and Benatia will probably be out of commision for like a month or so between January and February. First time in a while we've had significant African players.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew on Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:07 pm

:facepalm:

Andrew
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister on Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:29 pm

*bleep* AFCON

Luke Harper wrote:We are the ones... the ones that you've been told about. And WE... are walking upright.

Studying about those good ol' days and who shall wear, the starry crown gooood lawd. Show me the waaaaay.

Unbeaten 2011/2012.

:bow: :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler on Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:33 pm

I think it was the AFCON which provided the most boring football moments that I've ever seen. What a wast of timee for players like Lemina, Asamoah and Benatia and many others from other clubs.

*praying for them

Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister on Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:37 pm

Asamoah needs to call NT football quits ffs

His career at club level has literally frozen still due to injuries, and he plays as a *bleep* left back for his NT he can't be wasting time trying to win the 115th most prestigious competition in football if he wants to have a great club career.

Luke Harper wrote:We are the ones... the ones that you've been told about. And WE... are walking upright.

Studying about those good ol' days and who shall wear, the starry crown gooood lawd. Show me the waaaaay.

Unbeaten 2011/2012.

:bow: :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 on Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:01 am

With everyone that we are linked to I would go for Isco. Even though we don't need a CAM now as much as we need a CM, we can accommodate and play Pjanic as the regista in a 4312, or use Isco as a CM in a 352.

I would go for a 3412 but it is very risky as Tom pointed out. Isco adds a lot of quality to the squad and technically is the perfect player for his age to replace Pogba.

My other option would be Matic, because a he is a solid CM and would do well alongside Pjanic and Khedira. Matic would be more suitable in that case, but in terms of quality I'd go for Isco.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon on Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:30 am

Buying Isco to play CM is pointless. His inability to play the role properly is the reason why he has little space in Madrid. He is alright at LCM, not good enough to be first choice. having a midfield 3 with Pjanic and Isco would just get us bullied in Serie A, not only is Isco he not very physical but he is weak defensively (cause he is an AM). Those two going against Nainggolan-De Rossi-Strottman would be such a contrast. Its up to personal preference but I prefer my Juve to not only be full of technical midgets but to be dominant physically. From the beasting of Pogba-Vidal to Pjanic-Isco (at CM) would be sad for me.

His quality is great but he needs to play his role. Buying random talents in random positions makes it harder to win trophies than properly planning the squad.

If we buy someone then its Matic all day for me.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi on Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:25 pm

New Juventus man set to be Pirlo’s heir...

For coach Massimiliano Allegri, Miralem Pjanic is the natural replacement for Andrea Pirlo and would allow Claudio Marchisio to return to his natural position...

Juventus are looking for new signing Miralem Pjanic to become the heir to Andrea Pirlo in the squad both as a regista and free-kick taker.

Since the Italian’s departure from the club last year, the Bianconeri lacked true playmaking ability from midfield as well as a proven danger on set pieces.

While it can be seen that Pjanic is Paul Pogba’s replacement in the starting XI, coach Massimiliano Allegri would rather see the Bosnian take on the role of regista. That would allow Claudio Marchisio to slide into the Frenchman’s role as a mezzala on the left side of midfield.

Although Marchisio performed competently in the regista role last year, his more natural position remains on the left of a midfield three.

The Pjanic experiment began with Juventus’s 3-2 friendly win against West Ham United, and he did reasonably well in the new role.

He kept his head up, maintained his position well, and knew when to try the long pass and when to play it safe.

Pjanic did make a few errors however, most notable giving the ball away due to not being accustomed to West Ham’s high pressing.

Nevertheless the former Roma man is studying Pirlo’s ability to evade pressure and will be given time to grow in the new role.

The Bosnian certainly has the ability to play deep and provide assists as the statistics show.

Only Pjanic and Napoli’s Marek Hamsik have reached double-digits in assists over the past two seasons, with the former leading Serie A with 12 last term.

While due to the nature of the role, Pjanic could see a drop-off this upcoming season in his numbers, Pirlo himself led the league in assists in the 2011/12 season in his usual deep-lying role.

First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 on Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:27 am

Do you guys think that he would succeed in that role, or is it better to play him as LCM?

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi on Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:47 pm

Marchisio's natural position is as a LCM, that was what he played before Pogba arrived. He was moved around ever since then and then established himself as our new regista during and after Pirlo's departure. Marchisio's skills are best suited as an LCM, so I envision him playing there or on the right as a RCM.

However as a regista, I think EuroMax wants to use Pjanic in that role as he is best with the ball at his feet, his through ball is amazing, and he would be the one taking most of our free kicks. So a true Pirlo replacement and a cornerstone of our team.

Obviously Pjanic can play as a CM as well, but it looks like regista is where EuroMax is looking to play him.

First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 on Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:24 pm

@juve_gigi wrote:Marchisio's natural position is as a LCM, that was what he played before Pogba arrived. He was moved around ever since then and then established himself as our new regista during and after Pirlo's departure. Marchisio's skills are best suited as an LCM, so I envision him playing there or on the right as a RCM.

However as a regista, I think EuroMax wants to use Pjanic in that role as he is best with the ball at his feet, his through ball is amazing, and he would be the one taking most of our free kicks. So a true Pirlo replacement and a cornerstone of our team.

Obviously Pjanic can play as a CM as well, but it looks like regista is where EuroMax is looking to play him.

Wouldn't it be better though if he played closer to the attack because he and Dybala understand each other?

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum