Art Morte
Peccadillo
Unique
DuringTheWar
rwo power
44 posters

Page 5 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 ... 27  Next

Go down

ISIS terror attacks around the world - Page 5 Empty Re: ISIS terror attacks around the world

Post by rwo power Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:24 pm

Again - how would you deal with the refugees that camp in front of your doors and starve and/or die from exposition?

rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

ISIS terror attacks around the world - Page 5 Empty Re: ISIS terror attacks around the world

Post by zigra Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:26 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Not sure if that's sarcasm or not Zig but some people are going to be in for a shock when they find out the real world isn't all hugs and kisses and everything goes to shit when you let masses upon masses of people on.

I am 100% serious. I already said there is no limit and I mean it. If 1 million people need help we help 1 million and if 10 million people need help, we help 10 million. Period.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:26 pm

rwo power wrote:Again - how would you deal with the refugees that camp in front of your doors and starve and/or die from exposition?

Assuming I was high up in the political food chain and a shot caller I'd do something shocking, I.E putting my own people first. Helping a reasonable amount of refugees without opening my door to all of them at the expense of those who elected me to look out for their best interests in the first place.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:26 pm

rwo power wrote:The problem is that you need some time to determine who actually needs help, and you can't do that when you turn away the people right from the start.
But that doesn't mean you forego all immigration procedures and just usher everyone in willy nilly. The reason these procedures will take time is because of the sheer number of people coming in, another reason why this red carpet proposal is bogus

rwo power wrote:Or how would you suggest to go about helping "the right people"?
Set a quota and do thorough background checks before anyone is even allowed to set foot on German soil
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:29 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Assuming I was high up in the political food chain and a shot caller I'd do something shocking, I.E putting my own people first. Helping a reasonable amount of refugees without opening my door to all of them at the expense of those who elected me to look out for their best interests in the first place.
What is a "reasonable amount" if you are one of the richest countries in the world?

And how can you turn down refugees when large parts of your population in the past had been refugees themselves who were helped by other charitable people?
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:30 pm

rwo power wrote:Again - how would you deal with the refugees that camp in front of your doors and starve and/or die from exposition?
Nobody said migrating to a new country would be easy or safe. To compromise the safety of the citizens of a city because people would rather live the sweet life in Germany and England instead of settling Greece or Italy is, quite frankly, irresponsible. Let's not pretend that every single person we see on TV is fleeing a war. A good portion are looking for the land of milk and honey
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:31 pm

Lex wrote:Set a quota and do thorough background checks before anyone is even allowed to set foot on German soil
And in the meantime watch uncounted people die while they wait?
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:31 pm

Fleeing poverty and hunger is actually a perfectly good reason to flee hmm
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:32 pm

rwo power wrote:
Tomwin Lannister wrote:Assuming I was high up in the political food chain and a shot caller I'd do something shocking, I.E putting my own people first. Helping a reasonable amount of refugees without opening my door to all of them at the expense of those who elected me to look out for their best interests in the first place.
What is a "reasonable amount" if you are one of the richest countries in the world?

And how can you turn down refugees when large parts of your population in the past had been refugees themselves who were helped by other charitable people?
Well the exact specific number would be up to said Countries economists, Politicians, health care officials etc to agree on. So I can't give you the answer like that. But I'll tell you what the answer isn't, and that's 'everybody who wants to'

How can you turn them down? Simple, you do. Because you're not a government official representing the people of, let's say, Syria. You're representing Germany and the German people. And if Germany end up with 5 Million Refugees in the next few years with this do good attitude, then I guarantee you a whole lot more German people will be pissed off, or worse.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:33 pm

Lex wrote:To compromise the safety of the citizens of a city because people would rather live the sweet life in Germany and England instead of settling Greece or Italy is, quite frankly, irresponsible.
So you say the much poorer countries Greece and Italy should take care of even more refugees? That's pretty preposterous.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:37 pm

Let's try it this way.

Would you let 20 Million unchecked refugees enter the country, right now?

And do you value those people more than the citizens of the Country, some of which will inevitably die at the hands of terrorists, who are so easily getting in among the refugees.

Yes, some people will die whilst you set up background checks. I hate to break it to you but people are going to die no matter what. You should never put your own citizens at risk to help clean up somebody elses mess.

There's a difference between helping out sensibly and putting up a big '*bleep* you' sign to your own people so you can let anybody and everybody in to their country, terrorists included.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:43 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Let's try it this way.

Would you let 20 Million unchecked refugees enter the country, right now?
Or 10 billion? What about 10000 trillion?
I mean we could try to stay on topic aswell.

And do you value those people more than the citizens of the Country, some of which will inevitable die at the hands of terrorists, who are so easily getting in among the refugees.
Why not value them equal? Like people from country x are not worth more or less than people from country y?

Some really revolutionary concept here hmm
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:46 pm

@Tomwin
Well, I don't feel like prolonging this argument with you as it is obvious we have different opinions there and neither you nor I will get off their opinions.

I have laid down my stance, and for me it is the right way to go about things, especially as I know quite some refugees of various backgrounds. One of them (a surgeon who fled the Khomeini regime in the Iran some decades ago) saved my Dad's life a couple years ago, for example.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:48 pm

Because there's a very realistic chance with these situations escalating that Million upon Millions more people do turn up to Germany, and ask for asylum. So those stupid figures you're pumping out mean jack shit.

Value them equal? How can you do that if you're letting them in to your country unchecked en mass at the risk of your own citizens?

Let Millions of people in from backwards, violent and sexist cultures in to your country. And don't complain when it causes some down right disgusting damage because after all it's what a lot of you want.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:50 pm

rwo power wrote:@Tomwin
Well, I don't feel like prolonging this argument with you as it is obvious we have different opinions there and neither you nor I will get off their opinions.

I have laid down my stance, and for me it is the right way to go about things, especially as I know quite some refugees of various backgrounds. One of them (a surgeon who fled the Khomeini regime in the Iran some decades ago) saved my Dad's life a couple years ago, for example.
Hey and I recognise that a lot of these refugees aren't coming to another country with ill intentions. But you can't separate the good from the bad by letting everybody in so easily. And that is my main problem.

Putting your own citizens lives at risk for citizens of other countries is terrible in my book. Particularly when the ones coming in are from a very, very different culture and a lot of them will not integrate well at all.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:51 pm

LMAO

Ok there's no need to drag this any further.
Btw I'm not the one complaining. You are.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:55 pm

Yeah it's hilarious. Nothing makes me laugh my ass off more than letting terrorists in to your country because you're too busy playing the Good guys to put sensible background checks in place to help prevent that from happening.

We'll check back in a couple of Years and see how it all pans out if Merkel gets her way.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:58 pm

Sure, I guess we'll be taking in economic refugees from the UK by then.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:02 pm

Definitely, I heard the average income here after #Brexit is barely above £50 per month.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:12 pm

zigra wrote:
Tomwin Lannister wrote:Not sure if that's sarcasm or not Zig but some people are going to be in for a shock when they find out the real world isn't all hugs and kisses and everything goes to shit when you let masses upon masses of people on.

I am 100% serious. I already said there is no limit and I mean it. If 1 million people need help we help 1 million and if 10 million people need help, we help 10 million. Period.
and the people that get raped and murdered?
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:16 pm

Stop trolling Unique, your questions have been answered, it's just insulting the other posters by now.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:29 pm

I'm not trolling mate. I sometimes have a troll about football but this is serious stuff. but when the guy says we should bring in millions of them its fair to ask him about the bad stuff that will come with them. tbh it wouldn't be so bad if they came here said thanks and did their best to all live peacefull lifes.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:48 pm

I don't know, what about them?
I guess if someone wants to rape or murder an innocent he'll do that regardless of his current location. Or are people turned into murderers and rapists by entering Germany?
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:23 pm

zigra wrote:I don't know, what about them?
I guess if someone wants to rape or murder an innocent he'll do that regardless of his current location. Or are people turned into murderers and rapists by entering Germany?
:facepalm:
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:28 pm

Holiday goers in Cannes will no longer be allowed to take large bags onto the beach, in a move aimed at preventing terror attacks.
http://news.sky.com/story/beach-bag-ban-in-cannes-amid-terror-concerns-10515381

what ever next. :facepalm:
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:30 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:
rwo power wrote:@Tomwin

Hey and I recognise that a lot of these refugees aren't coming to another country with ill intentions. But you can't separate the good from the bad by letting everybody in so easily. And that is my main problem.

Putting your own citizens lives at risk for citizens of other countries is terrible in my book. Particularly when the ones coming in are from a very, very different culture and a lot of them will not integrate well at all.
spot on mate
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 ... 27  Next