RealGunner
El Gunner
Freeza
14 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The Night Of || HBO - Page 4 Empty Re: The Night Of || HBO

Post by Glory Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:14 pm

Freeza wrote:This is a movie the criminal system and you don't want prisons in it. Seems legit.

There has only been one truly great prison show and that was 15 years ago.

Yea but there had been movies. Plenty of them even.
I havent watched any other prison shows btw barring Orange is the New Black which is not even a prison show in the conventional sense of the word.
But what they were showing in this I dont know, it felt like seen before stuff to me. And quite frankly the scenes in this didnt hook me to it either. As I equate all prison films/shows to the best prison thing I have ever seen in my life, Starred up. And what they are showing here in terms of quality cant even hold a candle to that one.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:16 pm

Prison isn't a genre though, it's a setting. Calling something like Starred Up a prison movie is very reductive. It's a straight up drama. The prison isn't even a top 5 most important trait of that movie.

Not everything has to be new. Should we not show courtrooms either? Because that's the most common setting in criminal shows.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:23 pm

Ya I was meaning the same. I know Prison aint a genre. Did I say it was. Pardon if it sounded that way.

Agreed not everything has to be new. Thing is I personally didnt enjoy the prison scenes especially in that 4th episode. 3rd episode was really good tho. So may be its premature to form an opinion now. It is really vague right now, those parts in particular. May be when we get a clearer picture it will start making more sense.
Court scenes were brilliant tho.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:54 pm

Watch Prison Break Glory
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:56 pm

Freeza wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Personally love the prison scenes tbh. They are integral to Nasir's character and tells us a lot about him.

Agreed, loved every scene in prison. Generally love settings with an established hierarchy where people have to adapt to survive.

Naz' character is really interesting because he's coped so well with prison according to his apparent lack of criminal experience. He fares so well it adds layers. Can't wait for next Sunday.

Think we are undermining how intelligent Nasir is (when he isn't making stupid mistakes). The entire experience has him in disbelief so he didn't know how to react and what to do. But he is now coming out of his shell a bit so we might see some further development in his character.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:59 pm

All I said is I would love for the mystery angle to be the main focus, or at least part of the main focus and not to be sacrificied for prison drama.

Yet again agree with Glory. The prison scenes in the last episode weren't as tantalizing as the ones in the first few episodes.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:50 am

A good read on eczema and how idiotic the doctors are in the show

https://theringer.com/notes-from-a-real-dermatologist-81135f0f58b8#.dhd4xa5j0
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:33 am

RealGunner wrote:Watch Prison Break Glory

Sure. Thumbs up I am relatively new to the tv universe. Need a lot of catching up to do.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:39 am

In ref to Freeza's link.

"So in summary, I think HBO has overdramatized and dumbed down the eczema enough for a dermatologist like myself to make fun of it — but it’s still the best portrayal of a chronic skin disease that I can remember seeing on television. It remains to be seen whether its prominence in the plot is for a specific reason that will reveal itself, or whether it’s there just to flesh out his character. But eczema, like a lot of skin diseases, is exquisitely sensitive to stress — we sometimes refer to it as a window to the soul — and so watching his eczema smolder and fester and stubbornly refuse to be tamed is not just a figurative metaphor for John Stone’s life, but a literal one."

hmm

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:00 pm

Along with that, I think part of the reason why we see Stone struggle so much is because he can't afford better doctors so he has to rely on over the counter medicines and cheap doctors. Maybe why he wanted 50k fee
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:51 pm

Skin diseases are the worst thing. Had one in my last year of high school. Took me 5 months to get over. Every time I was stressed and had to deliver a paper it just got crazy itchy and I needed antihistamines to sleep. It's actually a great albeit gross way to show his state both physically and mentally. Brilliant move from the writer since we haven't seen anything like it from what I've seen.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:49 pm

almost time

srsly not been this hyped for new eps of a show since True D S1 Proud (feel like I've said that before)

Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:18 pm

We saw more of Trevor's partner then. An opening for Naz. But no idea if Stone will survive? Shouldn't have gone alone.

Don't like where Naz is headed. Guy seems to like the prison life. Freddy's true intentions coming out now lol.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:02 pm

3 episodes in and I actually couldn't get in to this. Started out interested but then it just fizzled away for me personally.

Oh and pay off or no pay off watching the Lawyer shuffle around in sandals with his eczema leg pissed me off and I struggled to take anything seriously especially him going on from there.

I mean the suspense in the show is legit but tbh I'm not that invested in exactly why a shady girl with a drug problem got killed. Conspiracy or not she just doesn't seem important enough to me.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:13 pm

stfu tom u pos, goat show (speaking of which, ray donovan pls, easily the best season of the show so far :bow: )

I'm actually seeing a lot of people online starting to sour on this after the latest ep, I'm still loving it, but as you would expect, a lot of people calling it out for not progressing at all..I think they expect it to be some sort of show it isn't. I will say that Stankfeet chasing after the guy at the end seems ridiculous and had me facepalming.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:20 pm

Donovan is GOAT

But can't believe y'all had me expecting another true detective with this show all I get is some pleb girl gets murdered and the main character who btw is retarded and done the stupid thing at every turn, and his bumbling lawyer who cba wearing a pair of shoes to court.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:53 pm

The Night Of has its own style.
Never got the True Detective comparisons either.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:54 pm

But yea last few episodes have been meh.
Nothing on tv atm got me gripped which is sad. Mr. Robot not the same anymore, The Night Of only having two great episodes so far.

Btw how many episodes will this show have?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:58 pm

8. I am enjoying it a lot tbh, although the eps following the first one weren't as good IMO.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:01 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Donovan is GOAT

But can't believe y'all had me expecting another true detective with this show all I get is some pleb girl gets murdered and the main character who btw is retarded and done the stupid thing at every turn, and his bumbling lawyer who cba wearing a pair of shoes to court.

Lol, I am starting to lose interest now. I am just about to finish BoB and I was going for "The Night Of". Fk off Tomwin! The Night Of || HBO - Page 4 2276801876
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:04 pm

So only 3 more left hmm

Since we haven't seen much of Tom Yates and that guy he argued with, I expect the last 3 episodes to have a lot of content and to be on higher level than the last 2 episodes.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:06 pm

I love every bit of it tbh. The character of Naz is the mystery of this show and I love every bit of the show. Imagine it'll make for more compelling viewing when binging.

Also people really are too critical at times. People keep saying TV is amazing and overtaking movies in creativity. But yet, there's nothing great on?

This show is amazing. Comparing it to so many of the all time great shows isn't fair, especially considering this is half way done mini series.

After watching episode 5 it's pretty obvious this show could be called 'Making a Murderer' also. Just showing how, even the innocent who gets sent into American prisons aren't coming out innocent. Another great criticism of the American society.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:21 pm

Yea I still love it. It's a GOAT show just not for everyone. Those who came in for a mystery/thriller are the ones disappointed by it mostly. It's much more

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:30 pm

Vlad the Impaler wrote:

Lol, I am starting to lose interest now. I am just about to finish BoB and I was going for "The Night Of". Fk off Tomwin! The Night Of || HBO - Page 4 2276801876

It is my sworn duty to shit on parades. But nah try it. Generally getting solid reviews so if the stuff that turned me off it doesn't bother you it's worth a go.

Also the only mystery of Naz for me is how thick can somebody get. Don't care about him at all as far as main characters go.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:32 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:
Vlad the Impaler wrote:

It is my sworn duty to shit on parades. But nah try it. Generally getting solid reviews so if the stuff that turned me off it doesn't bother you it's worth a go.

Also the only mystery of Naz for me is how thick can somebody get. Don't care about him at all as far as main characters go.

Why exactly is he thick?
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:42 pm

The numerous reasons Hames listed a couple of pages back PLUS when the detective is trying to find out what happened from his POV he just sits there coming across as 100% guilty, doesn't even attempt to explain himself and usually that's fine because he's being smart and wants to lawyer up first? Nope, he's just sitting there like an idiot.

No attempt at an explanation. Nothing from his side. Just sits there barely mumbling a word after a botched attempt at getting away from the crime scene which done nothing but hurt his case even more. Some College student that. Thick.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next