BarrileteCosmico
zigra
urbaNRoots
Jonathan28
RealGunner
18 posters

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 6 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:49 pm

So no TWOW announcement at the end of the season. I gave it a 20% chance but I'm still a little disappointed somehow. Looks like we are getting nowhere.

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 6 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by M99 Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:59 pm

He will announce it on his NotABlog, he said so multiple times.

Btw internet lip readers are claiming Lyanna said "his name is Aerys" hmm

I'm still in the Aemon camp.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:37 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:So no TWOW announcement at the end of the season. I gave it a 20% chance but I'm still a little disappointed somehow. Looks like we are getting nowhere.

GRRM wouldn't hold it back just to anounce it at the end of the season or anything like that. The day it's done he'll write it on his blog.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:45 pm

In his end of year update GRRM said that back in April 2015 he told his editors that October 2015 is do-able for him. He missed the deadline.

Then his editors/publishers told him that if he finishes the book by the end of year 2015, they would work extra hard to publish the book before S6. Again he missed the deadline.

Having put such close deadlines means that he knows he is close right? He thought twice in the last year that he could finish the book in 5 months. Yet six months later he still has not finished it.

Maybe he has stumbled in another Meereenese knot and is strugglimg to finish the damn book, the same way as ADWD. Hopefully the resolution will be better than what we got in ADWD.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:56 pm

Nah, it's no surprise. He said back then:

"I am months away still... and that's if the writing goes well. (Sometimes it does. Sometimes it doesn't.) Chapters still to write, of course... but also rewriting. I always do a lot of rewriting, sometimes just polishing, sometimes pretty major restructures."
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:05 pm

Ok but he said that 6 months ago. We are "months away" now.

And I know he will put it out on the blog, but I gave it a possibility based off the rumors he met with his editors and the name of the title.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:39 pm

He met with his editors last month if that means anything.

I am still confident about a December release.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:41 pm

He met with them to extend the latest deadline (:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:41 pm

They need at least 3 months for marketing. So that means they need to announce it by Sept 1st if it will be released this year. That's 2 months away.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:41 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Ok but he said that 6 months ago. We are "months away" now.

And I know he will put it out on the blog, but I gave it a possibility based off the rumors he met with his editors and the name of the title.

Yeah but he said if everything goes well he needs months and tbh I wouldn't be surprised he took at least a short break after the last deadline.

GRRM doesn't have actual deadlines I think. He only had a "deadline" because of the show and that's gone now.
I certainly do hope for a December release, but it could well be 2017.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:31 pm

I am not sure if this is an official cover (was on GRRM's blog months ago)

http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/grrm/7059164/330858/330858_800.jpg

But doesn't that cover say how important the horns are? Both the horn of winter and the dragon binding horn

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:25 pm

Why both horns? There's only one on the cover hmm just kidding.

Anyway I have absolutely no doubt that the dragonhorn will be important. Not sure how it will play out exactly but imo there's no way Dany will keep all three dragons in her team. Imo there's no real use in giving one side three similar superweapons if that side keeps all of them the whole time.

Not 100% sure regarding the Horn of Winter but I do expect it to play a part. Sam kept the broken warhorn even when he sold everything else, didn't he? Doubt that was just for fun though of course that could be about something else. Anyway there are a few interesting horns in the story hmm

Last edited by zigra on Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:27 pm

Wonder if Jaqen is after the same horn too?

I have a feeling that there will be a mini dance of the dragons at some point. I think one of the dragons will choose Jon and the other might be controlled by Euron.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:33 pm

Forgot about Jaqen for a moment. There's so much going on Laughing the whole citadel though is such an interesting topic really and we know so little about it. But I don't know how Jaqen would know about the horn? Faceless certainly are no jobbers but to know Sam has that horn?

Not sure if Jon will ever ride a dragon but I do guess we'll get some kind of fight between dragons. And I expect a lot of casualties when that happens. Dragons are basically the nukes of asoiaf and imo it'd be fitting for GRRM to show how dangerous they are as soon as you lose control.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:40 pm

If Euron gets to control one of the dragon how do you think it'll happen in the show?

Don't think the horn exist in the show and no way is she keeping the 3 dragons all the way.

Could see Rhaegal with Jon, Drogon with Dany and the third dead/controlled by the NK hmm
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:05 pm

LeVersacci wrote:If Euron gets to control one of the dragon how do you think it'll happen in the show?

Don't think the horn exist in the show and no way is she keeping the 3 dragons all the way.

Could see Rhaegal with Jon, Drogon with Dany and the third dead/controlled by the NK hmm

If it happens in the show, they'll use Oldtown as the place where Euron finds the horn. In thr books Euron is as of now preparing for an assault on Oldtown so I think they'll combine these two things.

It could also be that Euron is not a big player in the show and he'll be dragon fodder in S7E2.

But I hope one way or another Dany suffers a blow to her huge army and an enemy of hers controlling one of her dragons (and especially one as unhinged as Euron) would certainly be a big blow and balance it a little bit.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:58 pm

Don't think the horn exists in the show. It's too complicated to bring in at this point. Specially with only 13 episodes.

For the show, I think it makes sense if Euron teams up with Cersei and few other lords.

If the three heads of the dragon theory is true then one of them will claim Jon as the head. Tyrion apparently is the 3rd head and it makes sense as dragons like him.

At this point the books and the show are poles apart so we dont really know what to say
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:17 pm

Euron and Cercei and some lords are not enough tbh. They still need something or they will get stomped so hard it's not even funny. Not that I expect them to win but there has to be some suspense.

No show-horn is likely though.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:34 pm

Maybe they can ally with the white walkers? hmm

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:45 pm

Seems Jon is in the way hmm

Or..
S7E1 WW arrive in KL.
No need to show boring traveling across the country IMO
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:43 am

RealGunner wrote:Maybe they can ally with the white walkers? hmm

or with Middlefinger again hmm

Andrew
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:03 pm

Can't help, but think using all of the green fire (can't remember the proper name for it) on wiping out her KL enemies has left Cersei at an even bigger disadvantage that she knows of right now.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:43 pm

Yeah she killed her families biggest ally lol

The Lannisters have the Freys and that's it as it stands. Cersei could get Littlefinger and the Knights of the Vale if she can forgive him about Sansa (which she won't) but even that won't help her against Dany and her super southern alliance.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:01 pm

Is it fair to to say she even has the Freys at this point considering what happened to Walder? Obviously she doesn't know that yet (and neither does Jaime), but yeah I just don't see her on the throne for any amount of time, but because her plot armor is rather good, I think she'll last long enough to make it interesting when Dany comes to town.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:44 pm

Daenerys ain't in such a good spot either shes going to be arriving in Dorne during winter with a huge army and 3 dragons. How do the Dragons take to cold? How do her dothraki take to snow? Can they really do anything once they reach? Winters are said to last years.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:07 pm

Lmfao we have officially reached a point beyond desperation.

https://imgur.com/a/9PITE
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next