Zinedine Zidane Appreciation Thread

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Zinedine Zidane Appreciation Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Zinedine Zidane Appreciation Thread

Post by Hapless_Hans on Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:32 pm

@The Demon of Carthage wrote:Fluke another CL title? Zidane? Without Ronaldo?

Bale is still there though

He might bale Zidane out, once again

ahaha haha ha

ha

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Zinedine Zidane Appreciation Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Zinedine Zidane Appreciation Thread

Post by Arquitecto on Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:33 pm

Carried by Commander Cristiano.

Solid coaching mind and tremendous calm under pressure but we knew it all along.

Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Sociedad

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy on Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:13 pm

The hate here is laughable... it's preseason loooooooooooooool

World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy on Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:14 pm

The hate here is laughable...  it's preseason loooooooooooooool.

Do you really think that he'll play Nacho as the CB with Odriozola and a double pivot of Kroos-Modric? Really??

Nobody gives a shit about preseason except numpty teams. You move up the gears in the last 1-2 preseason games... which are a month away.

World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto on Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:23 pm

I agree on the Pre-season part as most consistently the most provincial small-minded managers are the ones banking on a win in pre-season win to save them from the blushes & scrutiny along with teams themselves.

Now winning pre-season games internationally incurs a lot of fans who witness the victory in person therefore the obvious influence but only the best managers I have seen are content to lose and tinker with their team thus building a greater platform for an eventual early mid-season run to victory.

Atletico fans are celebrating because as much as I respect them I cannot stress how churlish and provincial their background is and it has carried on for a near century into their fans and overall club mindset to this day hence why no matter what run of CL wins and dominance for decades they will always be a level below Real Madrid and I am fine with that as much as Los Blancos annoy me to the core.

Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Sociedad

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy on Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:41 pm

The thing is Arqi...  Madrid are a veteran team, the Copa America players aren't back yet (Casemiro and Militao), and the established players could really care less right now.

You do well early in preseason games at Madrid if the bench and kids are good..  well our bench and kids are horrible.  That part I agree with.  Guys like Nacho, Isco, Odriozola and Vinicius have shown nothing.

Again though, Modric and Kroos are playing double pivot because we don't have numbers at CM right now.  Need Casemiro to come back AND we have a couple of transfers in that zone that need to occur.  Forced to play a system based on available players (4231 when we all know ZZ likes the 433 or 442)

Just to put it in perspective...  we played Rodrygo, the Brazilian striker, as a CM against Bayern in the second half.

This preseason is just a complete waste of time for Real Madrid until things settle in terms of squad.

World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:46 pm

Losing a preseason game is fine. Losing by 7, however, is not, especially when you factor in the fact that many starters where playing.

No need to worry though; it's just preseason. I'm sure when the season begins, Madrid will approach games more seriously and...
Spoiler:
lose by 2 goals instead of 7 Zinedine Zidane Appreciation Thread - Page 8 Cristiano-ronaldo-498-jose-mourinho-smiling-and-laughing-in-real-madrid-bench-2012

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy on Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:06 pm

We're not losing by any goals to Atleti this season.  We're the better team.  Who cares if you lose 20-0 in a preseason game...  I certainly don't.

I watch these to see if the guys with something to prove, namely the kids + Isco and other players on the edge... show something.  They have haven't.

when we're a couple of games away from starting the season, I'll pay more attention to the others.

World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One on Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:12 pm

As some Spanish football gurus i take seriously have said before, most attacking players like left forward or left wingers for example, do better when they play on their inverted side and can cut in. It offers a different context of movement, passing, shooting, etc. So of course Vinicius won't look optimum on the right in a preseason game.

People usually think in black and white terms that lack an arguably proper nuance, it's inevitable for these overreactions to happen sports, but i can understand them and i myself can attest to the fact that i don't consider our squad to be the "ideal
squad, but that is also natural, especially with Perez as our president, who apparently cant get Bale the fuck out of here already. Looks like Zidane is gonna get cucked. pale
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte on Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:51 pm

Pre-season means fuck all.

But hold on, I went on wikipedia to check what else have Madrid done this summer besides signing Hazard.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019–20_Real_Madrid_CF_season#Transfers

And it seems they've spent €200m on nobodies called Rodrygo, Militao, Mendy and Jovic. Does anyone consider that 200m as well spent?

Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy on Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:05 pm

Nobodies? Do you watch football outside of EPL?

Liverpool lost to Napoli 3-0. They've obviously going to have a shit year and Klopp is overrated.

World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte on Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:16 pm

@sportsczy wrote:Nobodies? Do you watch football outside of EPL?

Not really. Do you think that's 200m euros well spent on those four famous superstars?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr on Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:23 pm

Jović Laughing The guy has had one good season in Bundesfodders.
Fake Mendy who is probably worse than the fraud City bought.
Militão poor man's Yerry Mina.

Only one I'm excited about is Rodrygo. You can see he has more talent than that favela kid Vinicius, and also more maturity about his play, despite being younger than his compatriot. One to watch.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:26 pm

@Art Morte wrote:And it seems they've spent €200m on nobodies called Rodrygo, Militao, Mendy and Jovic. Does anyone consider that 200m as well spent?

Aside from Mendy who has potential and maybe Jovic (maybe), the rest are definitely still not ready for the highest level. I'll even add that even Mendy and Jovic are still not ready, but they were the best options available.

Problem with Madrid is that they waited too long before signing players. Way too long till all the best options were snapped up and we were left with the crumbs.

So to answer your question, no those 200m were definitely not well-spent and Madrid had to make due with the best options available (Mendy and Jovic). That's the price you have to pay for staying dormant for far too long and riding on the back of ageing stars until it breaks.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca on Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:30 pm

Pre-season means nothing, but there is something about losing 7-3 (with two of those consolation goals by madrid at the end) to your city rivals that is unsettling.

Still, I don't think it means anything about the state of Madrid or Zidane. It's certainly a bit embarrassing though

NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy on Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:32 pm

I can't believe how wrong you are on this one DoC.

Very well spent.  Militao, Mendy and Jovic can all... and imo should...  start in the first 11.  I'd play Militao at RB to start and then move him back to CB once Ramos moves on.  He's that good and very skilled.

Rodrygo is like Vini...  a very talented young player.  We never bought him to become an immediate regular; but an impact bench player to start.  Jovic, Benz and Hazard will be the starting front 3 when we start the season.

Hazard...  we all know that was a good buy.

The only missing piece so far is CM.  So if we get Pogba, you suddenly have Pogba, Kroos, Modric and Casemiro fighting for 3 spots.  Valverde is perfect for the 5th CM spot.

Assuming we sign Pogba, this has been the perfect summer for me.

We're missing very key players this preseason due to still on vacation, injured or... still waiting to get the transfer done.

Very very very disappointed in Nacho, Isco and Odriozola. Hazard looks like an overstuffed taco so far too (he's about 5kg heavy lol). Modric is old and Kroos looks older.

World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:47 pm

Problem here sports is that you're putting all your eggs in Pogba's baskets and assume that he'll magically fix everything in midfield. Even if we were to assume that he would be amazing for Madrid and that he'd completely blossom into a more consistent player, there's still one major problem you're overlooking: how difficult it would be to sign him from United.

Circling back to Militao, Jovic and Mendy. I think you already know that I rate Mendy and believe he has a lot of potential. But he's still not ready to become a world beater overnight. Him, just like Jovic and Militao still need time, lots of it, to reach the level of those they were allegedly signed to replace before they declined.

So if you really think about it, those signings were made for the long term and there's a fair chance they may not deliver from the get-go given their young age and modest experience. But Madrid needs world beaters right away if they want to have a chance of winning any silverware this season, and that's why I said that those 200m weren't well-spent. At least for the short term.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy on Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:59 pm

No I'm not. I've said that one of either Pogba or Ndombele would add that athletic B2B to go with the Dm (Casemiro) and CM (Kroos or Modric).

We're missing Casemiro AND Pogba. I think both completely change our midfield. Nothing magic about it. It's pretty much common sense.

World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick on Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:17 am

@sportsczy wrote:No I'm not. I've said that one of either Pogba or Ndombele would add that athletic B2B to go with the Dm (Casemiro) and CM (Kroos or Modric).

We're missing Casemiro AND Pogba. I think both completely change our midfield. Nothing magic about it. It's pretty much common sense.

I love how you talk about Pogba as if he's already a Real Madrid player Laughing

#Carefree #kaspbffl
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:37 am

@sportsczy wrote:The hate here is laughable...  it's preseason loooooooooooooool.

Do you really think that he'll play Nacho as the CB with Odriozola and a double pivot of Kroos-Modric? Really??

Nobody gives a shit about preseason except numpty teams. You move up the gears in the last 1-2 preseason games... which are a month away.

Why so defensive lmaooo
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming on Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:15 am

Realistically what are his expectation this season? As long as Messi performs can't see them winning La Liga as both Madrid side would've dominated La Liga in another era but Messi has been too much for them.

That leaves CL which is difficult to win to begin within and a competition that is defined by fine margin hard way to define a season that leaves CdR which with the amount spent isn't really going to statasify RM fans and the board.

"I pass and I move, I help you, I look for you, I stop, I raise my head, I look and, above all, I open up the pitch...The one who has the ball, is the master of the game...That's the school of Joan Vilà, of Albert Benaiges, of Johan Cruijff, of Pep Guardiola" - Xavi
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:24 am

The expectation and main objective at the same time is to get Hazard to a healthy weight, I would assume. hmm
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 on Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:43 pm

@The Madrid One wrote:As some Spanish football gurus i take seriously have said before, most attacking players like left forward or left wingers for example, do better when they play on their inverted side and can cut in. It offers a different context of movement, passing, shooting, etc. So of course Vinicius won't look optimum on the right in a preseason game.

No the problem is when you are one footed, you only become effective on one side and predictable.
Modern day footballers need to be able to use two feet. Mahrez learned to use his right foot. Ronaldo improved his left foot. Even messi pushes himself to use his right foot.
Vinicius is fast as shit.. so he has the athleticism to make up for it. But not on that right wing.. hes going opposite of the goal side everytime cause he is one footed.. that won't work with any fullback with some defending and speed.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 on Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:47 pm

Zidane's problem isn't tactics. He isn't a bad tactician. He is underrated in that respect because he doesn't play pretty football.. but it works.

His issue is his politics and favoritism towards certain players. It's going to
1. rub players in the squad the wrong way, causing shit performances and lowering morale and creating drama (bale, james, ceballos, regullion, llorente). Even bale, who does not deserve to be here, should be kept over lucas, nacho..
2. These veterans, besides navas, ramos, and benz, have shit the bed big time. It's time for them to go. Zizou needs to grow balls.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory on Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:27 pm

@Kick wrote:
@sportsczy wrote:No I'm not.  I've said that one of either Pogba or Ndombele would add that athletic B2B to go with the Dm (Casemiro) and CM (Kroos or Modric).

We're missing Casemiro AND Pogba.  I think both completely change our midfield.  Nothing magic about it.  It's pretty much common sense.

I love how you talk about Pogba as if he's already a Real Madrid player Laughing

Yea. Laughing Though personally I don’t care. Normally you feel some sort of connection with your players. But not with this cretin. If he stays fine, We may scrap 4th (if his majesty’s big ego decides to do all of us a big favour that is). We may double his wages and pay Riola a fortune to keep his stinking mouth shut. So that must keep his majesty fairly happy and he can contribute to our success yaaay. If he is gone, that’s fine too, we may get Savic. No more toxic dressing room. And possibly no Lingard for long.

Realistically tho I don’t think he will go now considering theres only over a week left for the window to close. He will stay for this season and go the next season. Feeling Madrid have left it a tad too late. My hate for the guy can’t really suppress the fact that without Pogba our midfield will be borderline joke. Woodward wont risk now overpaying for an inferior Savic. He would  very likely rather pay Pogba and his agent more money.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior on Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:08 pm

Yes that's basically how Woodward has managed the club since his arrival: pay more money
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum