Manchester United Vs Manchester City : Who has the brighter future ?

+31
McAgger
Kaladin
jibers
Lucifer
Sri
Curtinho
VanDeezNuts
BarcaLearning
Nivash
futbol_bill
Hapless_Hans
Adit
Winter is Coming
titosantill
LeBéninois
rincon
chad4401
RealGunner
CBarca
futbol
Valkyrja
El Gunner
Casciavit
zigra
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Glory
zizzle
sportsczy
ExtremistEnigma
Firenze
S
35 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

What do you pick

Manchester United Vs Manchester City : Who has the brighter future ? Vote_lcap59%Manchester United Vs Manchester City : Who has the brighter future ? Vote_rcap 59% 
[ 22 ]
Manchester United Vs Manchester City : Who has the brighter future ? Vote_lcap41%Manchester United Vs Manchester City : Who has the brighter future ? Vote_rcap 41% 
[ 15 ]

Total Votes : 37

Manchester United Vs Manchester City : Who has the brighter future ? Empty Manchester United Vs Manchester City : Who has the brighter future ?

Post by S Thu May 26, 2016 10:23 pm

You would imagine all the buzz and excitement would be centered around these two teams next season with both having roped in the two biggest names in the coaching circle especially with the transfer window just around the corner.

From an outsider's perspective,you would think City are the ones with a brighter future ,a team who is coming off a few moderately successful years compared to United who have been through a turbulent few seasons.But stranger things have happened.

On one hand,you have Mourinho who is brought in to get United out of this rut they seem to have been stuck in.Its well documented that he thinks very short term in an aim to win silverware which reflects on the kind of signings he makes.Zlatan signing being just a good indication.Its definitely is  an undeniable fact that he wins everywhere he goes but there's also a danger of implosion of his teams in the locker room as evidenced by his previous stints.

On the other hand,you have Guardiola who has been successfully been able to lay out the groundwork and create a solid foundation towards sustainable winning teams in Barca and Bayern(albeit only to an extent) but doing the same with City is going to be the ultimate test of his strengths of a coach.City's ageing squad is set for a massive overhaul and even though you'd feel this scenario is eerily similar to the one when he took over Barca,unlike La Liga,you'd have atleast 4-5 teams stacked with financial resources who are looking to compete for the title.There's less chance of monopolizing talent like they do in La Liga.

United are estimated to be the richest club in the world in earnings by next year but i guess all would agree now that PL has got to a point where its less about money and more about prudent management decisions.So what do you think ? Is Pep guaranteed to repeat his success stories of his previous clubs at City ? is Mourinho going to revive United(and himself) and lead them to glorious years just like the old times ? What your's take ?

Last edited by S on Thu May 26, 2016 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Manchester United Vs Manchester City : Who has the brighter future ? Empty Re: Manchester United Vs Manchester City : Who has the brighter future ?

Post by Firenze Thu May 26, 2016 10:32 pm

leaving all bias aside, I look at that current City team and I just can't see it being a success around Pep's style in the next 2 seasons

you're right when you say it's going to need a massive overhaul - obviously they have the money but I don't think the players will be available this summer

I like our chances of success in the short term (next two seasons) more than I do City

inb4 Moal saying but City won the league a couple seasons ago with the same team, ya and the players that carried them there have regressed massively since, Yaya, Zabaleta, basically their entire backline is a liability, they need some serious work. our core is comparatively younger, genuinely think Mou gets us back on track, some of LVG's managerial decisions were just shocking and cost us so many points last season.

I do think Guardiola will assemble a good City team but IMO it's going to take a couple seasons, can anyone see him staying longer than 3 seasons at City? I don't

but by the end of both mou and pep's stints at both clubs I see the status quo going back to Arsenal, Chelsea, Utd and City for CL spots.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Manchester United Vs Manchester City : Who has the brighter future ? Empty Re: Manchester United Vs Manchester City : Who has the brighter future ?

Post by ExtremistEnigma Thu May 26, 2016 10:38 pm

Can't believe I am saying this, but as of now United clearly has a brighter future.

Mourinho is well-established and knows how to win games in the Premier League. We just need to wait and see how Pep's agenda will work with respect to a team in the most competitive league that is nowhere near as good as his previous clubs.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu May 26, 2016 10:39 pm

Pep is better at developing guys and leaving teams on a good note... Mou does great for 2 years, but basically goes scorched earth in his 3rd season before leaving.

If I'm a player, I prefer to play for Pep by a huge margin. So I think City will have a brighter future.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Thu May 26, 2016 10:59 pm

City, after 2 seasons.
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri May 27, 2016 1:54 am

The supposed core of 2 teams

city
hart
?-?-(Otamendi)-?
?-?
KdB-Silva-(Sterling)
Aguero

United
ddg
(Darmian)-?-Smalling-Shaw
?-(Schneiderlin/Herrera)
?-?-Martial
(Rashford)

()-presently not anywhere special but theres a chance the incoming coaches reviving them or too young so too early to tell (as in rashford's case).
_ - at least 30 years old

Hence both are kinda at the same juncture right now.
The difference is one has got CL and other hasnt. So while United will have to be content with mediocre players in one way or the other a lot more city doesnt have to. The likes of Rooney, Lingard, Young etc will be part of our plans unlike City where they can basically flush everyone of them out (although that wont be a good idea)

Rebuilding for both these clubs wont be anywhere near easy tasks. Sure both can throw money hoping that it will stick. But spotting talent and buying them is one thing but actually making them work is entirely different and is the hard part.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri May 27, 2016 3:41 am

Firenze wrote:leaving all bias aside, I look at that current City team and I just can't see it being a success around Pep's style in the next 2 seasons

you're right when you say it's going to need a massive overhaul - obviously they have the money but I don't think the players will be available this summer

I like our chances of success in the short term (next two seasons) more than I do City

inb4 Moal saying but City won the league a couple seasons ago with the same team, ya and the players that carried them there have regressed massively since, Yaya, Zabaleta, basically their entire backline is a liability, they need some serious work. our core is comparatively younger, genuinely think Mou gets us back on track, some of LVG's managerial decisions were just shocking and cost us so many points last season.

I do think Guardiola will assemble a good City team but IMO it's going to take a couple seasons, can anyone see him staying longer than 3 seasons at City? I don't

but by the end of both mou and pep's stints at both clubs I see the status quo going back to Arsenal, Chelsea, Utd and City for CL spots.

Laughing Can't wait to bump this shit, also they have Pep *bleep* Guardiola as manager with limitless funds. What their team looks like now is completely irrelevant.

Also their team can't be that trash considering they were in the *bleep* CL semis, as i said before they just need a mental refresh. There's enough talent there already to seriously contend for the title with zero changes in a league where Leicester *bleep* City just won the league.

But you know that Pep will make significantly changes anyway so all this is moot.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Fri May 27, 2016 3:56 am

Mourinho to stay for 5+ years and be a success. Or something else hmm
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri May 27, 2016 4:00 am

City have great attacking talent but they need more than just a mental refresh.
Bar 1 or 2 players,entire defense and midfield needs an overhaul.They got a lot of lazy mercenaries in their team right now with Yaya leading the pack.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri May 27, 2016 4:06 am

S wrote:City have great attacking talent but they need more than just a mental refresh.
Bar 1 or 2 players,entire defense and midfield needs an overhaul.They got a lot of lazy mercenaries in their team right now with Yaya leading the pack.

You are underestimating how bad the league is though, i mean Leicester City just won it with a load of journeymen ( and that's being nice ) plus Mahrez and Kante ffs.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri May 27, 2016 4:15 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
S wrote:City have great attacking talent but they need more than just a mental refresh.

You are underestimating how bad the league is though, i mean Leicester City just won it with a load of journeymen ( and that's being nice ) plus Mahrez and Kante ffs.

Its a different pressure when you are in a nothing to lose scenario compared to the pressure of being expected to win.

You are actually underestimating the hard work the whole Leicester staff have put in to achieve this unprecedented success.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri May 27, 2016 4:20 am

Hard work Smard work, the reason they won it was because the league is *bleep* awful.

That's it, no reason to look any further into it or analyze it further.

I mean people have been saying how crap Arsenal have been and they finished 2nd rofl It's a bog standard shit league, just having a manager who they actually want to play for will make a huge difference in this crap league.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri May 27, 2016 4:31 am

City. He'll leave a much better team than when he started. All the players will become much better technically and tactically.  He'll also be given unlimited funds and every player in the world would want to play for him. And unlike Bayern, he won't be pressurized to change his game to appease the Germans. If he wants to play with 6 midfielders, ain't no one to tell him not to.

Mou will probably win the PL next season, but in the long run, City are going to be better off.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri May 27, 2016 4:39 am

I say Machester United hmm
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri May 27, 2016 5:27 am

This thread needs more futbol tbh hmm
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri May 27, 2016 5:30 am

Neither. One have appointed a has been who was sacked by his last 2 clubs for failing hard and the other have appointed a complete fraud who will look like LVG with a less talented squad than Barca and Bayern.

Great marketing move for the Premier League though.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri May 27, 2016 5:31 am

futbol wrote:Neither. One have appointed a has been who was sacked by his last 2 clubs for failing hard and the other have appointed a complete fraud who will look like LVG with a less talented squad than Barca and Bayern.

Was Barca better in 2008 before Pep came or in 2012-13 after he left ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri May 27, 2016 5:37 am

Valkyrja wrote:
futbol wrote:Neither. One have appointed a has been who was sacked by his last 2 clubs for failing hard and the other have appointed a complete fraud who will look like LVG with a less talented squad than Barca and Bayern.

Was Barca better in 2008 before Pep came or in 2012-13 after he left ?

Barca won 2 league titles and 1 CL in four seasons prior to Pep and Barca won 3 league titles and 1 CL in four seasons after Pep. Before Pep or after Pep, Barca's average of 2-3 league titles + 1 CL within 4 seasons has remained the same with our golden generation.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri May 27, 2016 7:27 am

Laughing
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri May 27, 2016 10:33 am

City because Guardiola's work will be there for years to come. Mourinho will be sacked 3 years and probably destroy the club as he did at Inter, Madrid and Chelsea.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri May 27, 2016 10:51 am

The league isn't bad...  there's a lot of parity so any team can beat the other.  That's how Leicester can become a champion.  The problem with a lot of these star players that come from other leagues... they're used to playing on elite teams that can just walk the league.  They don't understand that every game is challenging.

So when you have teams like City, Arsenal and Man U that half arse it in several games...  they automatically lose points.

I love it.

Reminds me of American sports where nothing is ever written in stone.  Golden State was one of the crappiest franchises in the NBA as early as 5 years ago and look where they are now.  Cleveland was just as bad until Lebron showed up.  Clippers, etc.

I think it's fantastic.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri May 27, 2016 11:00 am

Confusing competitive with good.

I agree that it's competitive but good? nah not a chance.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Fri May 27, 2016 11:46 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Confusing competitive with good.

I agree that it's competitive but good? nah not a chance.

this

I never understood this argument used by the media and posters alike, the epl is clearly weaker than how people are making out to be, leicester city winning it is a clear proof of that, but as usual marketing is spinning it as miraculous because its prem.

manu,chelsea,arsenal hasn't been good for years, but all i hear is more money coming into prem every year and it makes zero difference in the quality of the league, its competitive because all the teams are meh.

as for pep/mou and the manchester clubs, city/pep fans gonna overrate every decision he makes, while mou willl push the anti pep rally to motivate his players for 2 seasons before it gets stale, and the prem is gonna market the crap outta it= best league in the world until the cl k.o rounds rolls around again
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri May 27, 2016 12:09 pm

City. They have some scrubs and some older players, but their team makes sense.

Manchester United's squad makes 0 sense in how it was built. Just a collection of good players mixed around. How van Gaal spent 2 years and came out with that is a mystery.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri May 27, 2016 12:35 pm

Oh you guys will see next year... Klopp just got there, Pep is coming and Mourinho will get Man U organized.  EPL will start getting some very good results in Europe once the squads get into shape to the liking of these managers.  Next year's CL will only be about City since Arsenal, Spurs and Leicester aren't at the top level.  But i bet you both Man U and Liverpool get into CL the year after and then you'll see some real fireworks.

Just the amount of money that every club can spend is astounding.  For example, West Ham offered 40 mil euros for Lacazette and 25 mil for Mandanda.  Every single good player in Ligue 1 is getting big offers from EPL clubs regardless of their table ranking.  No other league has clubs that can do that.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum