urbaNRoots
McAgger
halamadrid2
Hapless_Hans
Art Morte
27 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Mark Clattenburg - the best referee in the world Empty Mark Clattenburg - the best referee in the world

Post by Art Morte Tue May 10, 2016 5:51 pm

I've been impressed by him for a while, but I think it's time for the wider audience to recognize him as the best in the business. He's just been chosen to referee the CL final between the Madrid clubs, will also be refereeing the FA cup final in England and will be refereeing at the Euros this summer. He's simply the best referee around at the moment.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Mark Clattenburg - the best referee in the world Empty Re: Mark Clattenburg - the best referee in the world

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue May 10, 2016 5:59 pm

You're joking right.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Mark Clattenburg - the best referee in the world Empty Re: Mark Clattenburg - the best referee in the world

Post by Art Morte Tue May 10, 2016 6:00 pm

I am not.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue May 10, 2016 6:52 pm

Well he is about to referee the CL final
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue May 10, 2016 6:56 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Well he is about to referee the CL final

tbh I was hoping for more impartial opinions than yours, Michael Owen.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue May 10, 2016 7:02 pm

Just thought i'd back you up Gary

Na seriously, isnt it abit early to call him the best considering he probably had the worst performance of his life some week ago

I like Rizzoli, that Turkish referee isnt too shabby either. Even in England Micheal Oliver could be regarded as the best in the country

What spurned this on anyways lol
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue May 10, 2016 7:03 pm

I think Nicola Rizzoli is the best referee in the world. That's why he refed the world cup final '14 and the CL final in '13.

Would have refed the '12 Euro Final as well if Italy didn't make it to the final.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue May 10, 2016 7:09 pm

Also this

http://iffhs.de/the-worlds-best-referee-2015/

http://iffhs.de/the-worlds-best-referee-2014/

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue May 10, 2016 7:17 pm

Don't call me James wrote:I think Nicola Rizzoli is the best referee in the world. That's why he refed the world cup final '14 and the CL final in '13.

Would have refed the '12 Euro Final as well if Italy didn't make it to the final.

Good shout, I don't remember him having a bad game in internationals though I don't often watch Serie A.

As for Clattenburg, he is not even the best in England.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by À bout de souffle Tue May 10, 2016 7:44 pm

Clattenburg and Mateu lahoz come from the same school of refereeing.
À bout de souffle
À bout de souffle
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue May 10, 2016 7:56 pm

Pierluigi Collina> the rest
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed May 11, 2016 1:09 am

Don't know/remember much about Rizzoli but I think Mark Clattenburg is the best in England. His communication is fantastic and his control of the game is almost always excellent. He had an off game with Chelsea vs Tottenham but that was always difficult and not completely up to him. The players were up for it from the start and a lot of it was out of his hands. He could have done more to show a red card earlier, and his assistants didn't help him out by missing several things as well, but it happens. I don't think that game was entirely his fault at all.

He's been chosen to ref the CL final Madrid derby for a reason.

The best referee in the world? I'm not so sure. Him and Cuneyt Cakir are pretty close for me. I might give the edge to Cakir.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed May 11, 2016 1:14 am

Clattenburg is generally good, but not even better than Oliver.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed May 11, 2016 2:18 am

He lets too much go like all UK referees... doesn't like to show cards and doesn't even like to call fouls.

It's a dream come true for Atleti lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed May 11, 2016 3:19 am

I may be biased but I think he is average at best, I dislike it when he ref's Chelsea games, tbh.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed May 11, 2016 6:18 am

I can't believe so many people think Oliver is actually good.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed May 11, 2016 6:39 am

sportsczy wrote:He lets too much go like all UK referees... doesn't like to show cards and doesn't even like to call fouls.

This sums up my feelings on Clattenburg fairly well.

As for Rizzoli, I personally feel he's been poor this season. Orsato would be my choice as the best referee in Italy currently.

I always forget the name of the Spanish ref in the CL but I've generally been impressed when watching him.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed May 11, 2016 7:16 am

Yup, clattenburg is definitely up there among the best.

Cakir,Rizzoli,Lahoz are pretty top class too.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed May 11, 2016 6:50 pm

dostoevsky wrote:
I always forget the name of the Spanish ref in the CL but I've generally been impressed when watching him.

Mark Clattenburg - the best referee in the world Carlos-velasco-carballo-624x469
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed May 11, 2016 6:54 pm

Does he play for Barca or Madrid?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Thu May 12, 2016 1:26 am

dostoevsky wrote:
sportsczy wrote:He lets too much go like all UK referees... doesn't like to show cards and doesn't even like to call fouls.

This sums up my feelings on Clattenburg fairly well.

As for Rizzoli, I personally feel he's been poor this season. Orsato would be my choice as the best referee in Italy currently.

Can't say Rizzoli has been poor myself, he's won the best referee award 5 years running. But Orsato is a young, up and coming ref, just turned 40. I like the way he controls games without ever showing any anger.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Thu May 12, 2016 7:14 am

Perhaps poor is an unfair term, especially in a relative sense, you're right.

I do think though compared to his previous seasons he's had some high profile errors in the past year. I'm not simply referring to United vs PSV, however I'm afraid I've forgotten the other match that stood out in my mind at the time.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu May 12, 2016 8:34 am

Carlos Velasco Carballo is the Spanish ref. He's actually quite good.

Revisiting Clattenburg vs Cakir I think it depends on what you want from the ref. Cakir is very sharp, doesn't make many high profile mistakes and generally the players seem to know what he will let go and what he won't because he does his talking with the whistle. He talks when he needs to but not overly so.

Where Clattenburg outperforms every ref though is his communication, and that includes Cakir. He maintains constant communication with the players so they know what they are expecting with him, what they can get away with, and what they can't. He will spend more time after calls talking to players than he really needs to just to be as clear as possible. I've seen him talking with managers as well, which is fantastic.

Different styles, both very good. Though if I were to point out to a young ref who they should emulate, Clattenburg would be more the style I think is preferable. Cakir is simply a very good ref so he doesn't need to communicate as much as he could. Clattenburg could probably do the same but prefers to talk.

Both have good positioning, again, different styles. Clattenburg gets closer than Cakir but it depends on what you want. Cakir gets close enough to do as well as he does, and that's all you need. Different styles, I think Cakir is a little bit more talented, but Clattenburg's game control is really really good (Chelsea vs Tottenham aside).

Don't know much about the Italian refs.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu May 12, 2016 1:29 pm

Rizzoli is a referee very overrated (one of most overrated refs ever imo ) .
He has not character (he's always been this, and never improved )  and infact he is often underachiever (even in Europe) in big games.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Thu May 12, 2016 7:42 pm

Robespierre wrote:Rizzoli is a referee very overrated (one of most overrated refs ever imo ) .
He has not character (he's always been this, and never improved )  and infact he is often underachiever (even in Europe) in big games.

Interestingly, the IFFHS voted him the 2nd best referee in the world in 2013, the best referee in the world in 2014 and the best referee in the world in 2015.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum