Valkyrja
halamadrid2
Perucho21
Doc
sportsczy
24 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

CL Final:  Undecima, here we come! Empty CL Final: Undecima, here we come!

Post by sportsczy Wed May 04, 2016 10:55 pm

Going to a very, very, very tough one.  Atleti play their tactics to perfection.  We cannot turn the ball over in bad areas, we cannot be lazy on defense and our defenders cannot make positional mistakes.

This one is all about which team is the most disciplined and the most clinical with their chances.  God forbid Atleti score first Laughing

Everyone needs to be healthy.

Atleti use a lot of energy defending though... so they usually start giving some spaces after the 65 min mark.  If i were Zidane, i'd be cautious for the first 65 mins and then hit them hard.  It may behoove us to have Benz come off the bench and start Vasquez so we keep that defensive solidity early on and have that extra attack for the later stages and overtime, if needed.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

CL Final:  Undecima, here we come! Empty Re: CL Final: Undecima, here we come!

Post by Doc Wed May 04, 2016 11:02 pm

Pretty sure that is what he would do though he really can't prepare for the following:
Ramos being cancer
Marcelo being a bigger cancer
Pepe having a stinker
Injuries

The 1st two are legit worries that would never go away.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Thu May 05, 2016 12:36 am

Atlletico looking for revenge for the CL final in 2014

We are looking for revenge for the 1-0 loss in the Bernabeu as well as the 1-1 draw.

Haven't defeated Atletico this season, but this time i'd argue we will have Casemiro and Carvajal for the final, and Benz and CR should be healthy.
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri May 06, 2016 8:16 am

Both teams look largely the same from 2 seasons ago. Saul may have improved on Raul Garcia but apart from that Jimenez is a step down from Miranda whereas the striker partnership is a tiny bit better know. We have improved considerably from Khedira. Having Casemiro there to match their physicality will be key. On the bench both teams have much better players than 2 years ago. Atleti can call on Carrasco or Correa if they need a goal and Thomas if they need midfield solidity. We have Isco to help carry the ball forward and disrupt their shape, and also Lucas Vasquez, Jese and James to sub in if we need goals. It is going to be a tough final. I was watching the game from 2 seasons ago after about the 70th minute we were so shite but persistance got us the goal. We may not have a player with balls like ADM to put in 70 failed crosses and keep putting them in, in the hope of one landing at the head of one of our attackers. Some of our players have significantly improved too like Carvajal and Bale as well as Benzema. Though the latter too need to show it against Atleti, a team they have struggled against

http://e03-marca.uecdn.es/assets/multimedia/imagenes/2016/05/05/14624445857668.png

Atleti are going to play similar to how they always play. Try to hit us with a blitz early on because after that we are going to control the game. We just need to have patience and have everyone defend as a team
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri May 06, 2016 9:15 am

Atletico are way better compared to 2 years ago except for Torres
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri May 06, 2016 2:50 pm

Doc wrote:Pretty sure that is what he would do though he really can't prepare for the following:
Ramos being cancer
Marcelo being a bigger cancer
Pepe having a stinker
Injuries

The 1st two are legit worries that would never go away.

You guys just can't let it go! These three guys have periodic problems, but there isn't a player on this team that the lot of you haven't repeatedly criticized. Why do you continue with these three. Anyone of our players can be a liability at any given time!

Besides wasn't it the last CL victory that Ramos won for us!

I agree this will be a difficult game, but this constant put down of our players is to the point of ridiculous. There are a number of factors in past two months that gives us reason to be optimistic.

But at end of day even if we lose all 3 remaining games, we have to give credit to Zidane and players for this dramatic turnaround from which Zidane inherited from Rafa.

We all know there are problems in this squad, from balance to players playing out of position to some not playing defense. But we have this summer to hopefully resolve these issues and I can't wait to see what Zidane can do with new signings, player sales to resolve problems and have a full season to work with them.

Take a look at the opposition. Do you really think Barca, Bayern, PSG, Juve or any of the floundering EPL teams are going to be any better?

This is a time of celebration and optimism, we should be enjoying this! cheers drinking banana banana banana
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by shadexticos Fri May 06, 2016 4:09 pm

Forget the We-are-Madrid mentality, ending this season as a mere finalist and finishing 1 or even 4 points behind Barca is good enough for a season we had all written off completely. We are pulling a sort of a Leicester City right now even though WE ARE REAL MADRID!. (sorry, i had to say that, sounds as cool as I am Bond, James Bond Cool )

Reaching the Final is already satisfying enough.

I expect us to win because we know Zidane's pragmatism - he will set out his team the same way atletico would - cautious and disciplined.
Madrid players have shown that they could be disciplined when they want/need to be. The usual culprits have surpassed their expectations - Ramos, Pepe and Marcelo.

Unlike other matches where the difference was in the tactical set up, the difference here will be in the individual quality.

shadexticos
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Fri May 06, 2016 4:20 pm

Bale and keylor sustained injuries. Hopefully they can make it.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri May 06, 2016 4:38 pm

shadexticos wrote:Forget the We-are-Madrid mentality, ending this season as a mere finalist and finishing 1 or even 4 points behind Barca is good enough for a season we had all written off completely. We are pulling a sort of a Leicester City right now even though WE ARE REAL MADRID!. (sorry, i had to say that, sounds as cool as I am Bond, James Bond Cool )

Reaching the Final is already satisfying enough.

i get your point, and i'm happy we're in the final too as well as still fighting for a glimmer of unlikely hope in the league.....but i find a lot of things wrong with your above statement
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudio84 Fri May 06, 2016 5:06 pm

It is absolutely critical than Both Bale and Navas make it to the final, Did Bale play when we lost against Atletico at home? I don't recall him being available, i agree with all you have been saying we should try to be as cautious as we can.

Claudio84
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri May 06, 2016 5:16 pm

Bale is out against Valencia... knee joint problem is very very concerning. What the heck does the man anyway. Ligaments? Hyperextension?
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri May 06, 2016 5:40 pm

It is just a knock not an injury. At this stage of the season Zidane is just resting the players that have just returned from injury. Bale is one of them. Bale had no problem coming in and playing 4 full games in 2 weeks the moment Ronaldo got injured. I think Zidane is just risking him if he absolutely has to
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri May 06, 2016 5:48 pm

If he's not training, he's injured... you rest guys and they still train because you're don't want them to lose fitness. Save them from games so they don't have to deal with that intensity.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri May 06, 2016 6:37 pm

@Futbol Senior

Because those 3 in particular have been the core reason why Madrid gives me serious anxiety. Not Benzema, not Bale, not Ronaldo, Isco, James, Dani, not even that pos Danilo. Just. Those. Three.

Especially Ramos, the living embodiment of cancer. If he wants to move on to "experience a new league", I would gladly pack his clothes, drive him to the airport, pay his taxes and kiss him goodbye.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri May 06, 2016 7:46 pm

Looking forward to Ramos scoring header (again) to beat Atleti!!

cheers banana
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri May 06, 2016 8:04 pm

@doc, you like to put all the blame on the defense totally ignoring the line separation of Rafa and the ineffective midfield issues, let alone the well documented wingers/ forwards issues about lack of defensive play. I'm not stating these guys are blameless, but IMO it's overkill and basically throwing negativity (for the sake of it I guess) when we have every right to be celebrating right now.

Where were you last summer when Ramos was about to leave. Seems most were crying that he might leave. Do you realize he has played with pain almost this entire season? And then there were those of you who blamed him for trying a chile to re injure his shoulder. Guy gives everything for this team, and sure he goes overboard at times, but i do feel your criticism especially now is ridiculous.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri May 06, 2016 8:33 pm

You're assuming I am not celebrating to which I am. You also assume that I am ignoring the other faults of the team including whatever madness Rafa was doing to which I am not. Simply put sir, those three are not the be all and end all of Madrid's issues, anyone can see that. Those three are simply players who frustrate me the most.

Is it ridiculous, definitely. Unfair, absolutely. Do I genuinely care, not even kinda. Do I apologise for it, unless it becomes a real issue, I would not.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri May 06, 2016 8:41 pm

Well everyone is entitled to their opinion. Each to their own I guess.

Just seems to me, that most here want to be negative for the sake of it. Kind of fashionable, I assume.

But I severely doubt that none of your favourite targets will be moving on for next year, so I predict your frustration will continue. Pity!! Do I genuinely care, not even kinda. Do I apologize for it, not even close!

futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Sat May 07, 2016 1:28 am

If we are to triumph. Zidane must adhere to Carlo's school of philosophy.
If we play anything close to Carlo footy, we will triumph over the atletico menace. A balanced approach is key. A balanced approach is atletico's weakness as they are too focused on the defensive that their offensive suffers in quality. We will not and should not spare them a centimeter as I doubt they would be so kind for us either.

Atletico are not a threat so as long as we take our defensive efforts as seriously as we do our offensive. Having said that, They are still very dangerous but not unbeatable. Kroos will need to be in his prime form to break that wall. We will need all the bbc in full fitness and in form. I expect a triumphant resurgance from Real Madrid. We might lose the league at the last minute, we have already lost the CDR, but the CL? Simeone will have to pry that title from our cold dead hands before he can claim it.

Hala madrid everyone. But lets focus on the league for now.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat May 07, 2016 1:58 am

@Futbol Senior
If you don't care or not apologising for your indifference, why talk about it?
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat May 07, 2016 2:21 am

Turok_TTZ wrote:If we are to triumph. Zidane must adhere to Carlo's school of philosophy.
If we play anything close to Carlo footy, we will triumph over the atletico menace. A balanced approach is key. A balanced approach is atletico's weakness as they are too focused on the defensive that their offensive suffers in quality. We will not and should not spare them a centimeter as I doubt they would be so kind for us either.

Atletico are not a threat so as long as we take our defensive efforts as seriously as we do our offensive. Having said that, They are still very dangerous but not unbeatable. Kroos will need to be in his prime form to break that wall. We will need all the bbc in full fitness and in form. I expect a triumphant resurgance from Real Madrid. We might lose the league at the last minute, we have already lost the CDR, but the CL? Simeone will have to pry that title from our cold dead hands before he can claim it.

Hala madrid everyone. But lets focus on the league for now.

Well, it's pretty much certain that Bale won't be fit, and it's likely that Navas won't either, so I wouldn't count on us fielding an optimal team. As if we ever do, these days Laughing I hope we'll somehow pull through with Makeshift Madrid 15/16.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat May 07, 2016 2:54 am

Carlo failed badly against Atleti most times though because he played them the same way every time and Simeone figured it out and adjusted... but then Carlo didn't adjust himself.

I'd like Zidane to let Atleti have the ball and push out a bit so we hit them with counters.  Flip the script on them and see how they handle it.  It also allows some of our brain surgeon defenders to work off their extra energy and settle in quicker...  I'd rather they make a bonehead play early then have it happen later Laughing Once we settle into the game, then we should push up.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat May 07, 2016 8:19 am

Navas is not playing as a precaution. He will be back next week against Depor. Benzema i am not putting my hopes on because in each of the last games he has come back from injury he has had to be subbed out because of it. Seems he doesnt know his body very well.

Last time we played with Casemiro Atleti couldnt create save for chances Ramos gifted them. That first half was the best I have seen us play. We kept hitting them with waves of attacks and they couldnt respond. We all know what happened in the 2nd half when we got Rafa'd and played catenaccio letting Atleti beat the shite out of us. Iiirc we didnt even have Bale playing then
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat May 07, 2016 11:21 am

Following tests carried out on Keylor Navas, he has been diagnosed with tendinitis in the achilies tendon of his left foot. His recovery will continue to be assessed.

http://www.realmadrid.com/en/news/2016/05/keylor-navas-medical-report
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Sun May 08, 2016 9:36 am

sportsczy wrote:Carlo failed badly against Atleti most times though because he played them the same way every time and Simeone figured it out and adjusted... but then Carlo didn't adjust himself.

I'd like Zidane to let Atleti have the ball and push out a bit so we hit them with counters.  Flip the script on them and see how they handle it.  It also allows some of our brain surgeon defenders to work off their extra energy and settle in quicker...  I'd rather they make a bonehead play early then have it happen later Laughing Once we settle into the game, then we should push up.

No, we were just very unlucky. You fail to mention we had no problems creating chances. Created enough chances that made barca and bayern chance creation look like kid stuff. Our problem was that when we had the chances, our forwards showed maximum complacency and missed shots.

Evey atletico game we had under Carlo we always had chances to put game to bed. But our inefficiency in front of goal costed us each match. One of the more very unusual notes for certain.
It wasnt like half chances, we had great chances that against another team we would score and demolish. Just not atletico. Carlo was just very unlucky, the tactics were correct. Even that 4-0 loss we had plenty chances to score 5 which is why i didnt complain about that result. We just didnt take our chances. That year was certainly strange. The ball just wouldnt go in.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next