Mr Nick09
sportsczy
urbaNRoots
72 posters

Page 25 of 29 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

Go down

Ousmane Dembélé - Page 25 Empty Re: Ousmane Dembélé

Post by Casciavit Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:38 pm

We gotta stop with this whole "Dembele is more naturally talented than Mbappe" bs

I saw Gnabry say it. I've seen Laporta say it. I've seen some Barca fans say it too.

Dembele plays like an absolute idiot half the time. Mbappe's footy IQ is so much higher than his it's not even funny. He's a better scorer, more professional, and doesn't get injured. Mbappe can also play anywhere along the front line, while Dembele only ever looked good playing on the right.

Their similarities end with them both being fast players who can dribble. Mbappe is superior in all aspects bar two-footed shooting. If Barca had Mbappe instead of Dembele in these last few years they absolutely win a CL.

Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:47 pm

I don't need to dis Dembélé again as I've done so many times, but Mbappé is also a better dribbler with more tricks down his boots. Better at close control, better first touch, more aware and also better mentality.

And of course as you said far higher intelligence.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:27 pm

Casciavit wrote:We gotta stop with this whole "Dembele is more naturally talented than Mbappe" bs

I saw Gnabry say it. I've seen Laporta say it. I've seen some Barca fans say it too.

Dembele plays like an absolute idiot half the time. Mbappe's footy IQ is so much higher than his it's not even funny. He's a better scorer, more professional, and doesn't get injured. Mbappe can also play anywhere along the front line, while Dembele only ever looked good playing on the right.

Their similarities end with them both being fast players who can dribble. Mbappe is superior in all aspects bar two-footed shooting. If Barca had Mbappe instead of Dembele in these last few years they absolutely win a CL.

It's just a nothing hipster take that people love to regurgitate. Kinda like Quaresma being supposedly rated higher than Ronaldo during their respective youth careers.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:25 am

_LMG_10_ wrote:He should get the hell out of Barca. Barca is/was literally the worst possible destination for him, considering their undisciplined training regimen, player power, and lack of proper medical staff, among other things.

There was a report that he sprints about 70% of the time during matches but rarely trains his sprinting during training. It's no wonder he keeps getting injured.

I've never seen a player with this much talent completely and utterly squandering it, in any sport actually. It's infuriating, considering he can be the most exciting player in the world to watch. He has more raw talent than Mbappe and most people don't realize how insanely good he can be because it's rarely ever on display.

Going to assume youre a Barça fan if youre resorting to gross intangibles like more "raw talent" than Mbappe.

More raw talent based on what? Only thing Dumbele has over Kylian as his ambidexterity? Anything else?

Look at what Kylian has done in his career and look at what Dembele has which has accumulated to nothing.

Mbappe is the smarter footballer, better dribbler, more clinical, actually is evolving rather than his aimless runs on the pitch.

Comparisons like these reminds me of when we (LFC) had Sterling and then Jordan Ibe at the same time so most LFC fans were like Ibe is like a Sterling but with more strength so therefore will be a stronger version of Raheem Sterling.

Such x+y=z tropes are just silly. Dembele will never be 1/5th of Mbappe that ship has sailed I mean the kid is outperforming Lionel Messi Laughing
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:44 am

Lol people acting like I said he's a better player than Mbappe. No one in the right mind would make such a claim. Mbappe is 10x the player Dembele is.

"Raw talent" just refers to the skill ceiling (or max potential) of the player, but since it's raw skill it's unrefined and therefore rarely used in matches properly. You could argue there's no point even discussing those "intangibles", but the reason I brought it up in comparison to Mbappe was only to illustrate what a colossal waste his career has been, especially given his potential.

But in typical GL fashion people think we're drawing direct player-to-player comparisons and get bent out of shape lol

We're not comparing achievements here. But Dembele is more ambidextrous and from what I've seen he looks much faster on the ball. At times he looks more explosive than Mbappe, acceleration-wise. Perhaps it's debatable, though I do think Barca helped improve his technical game a lot but sadly that hasn't helped his career yet.

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:53 pm

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:29 pm

_LMG_10_ wrote:Lol people acting like I said he's a better player than Mbappe. No one in the right mind would make such a claim. Mbappe is 10x the player Dembele is.

"Raw talent" just refers to the skill ceiling (or max potential) of the player, but since it's raw skill it's unrefined and therefore rarely used in matches properly. You could argue there's no point even discussing those "intangibles", but the reason I brought it up in comparison to Mbappe was only to illustrate what a colossal waste his career has been, especially given his potential.

But in typical GL fashion people think we're drawing direct player-to-player comparisons and get bent out of shape lol

We're not comparing achievements here. But Dembele is more ambidextrous and from what I've seen he looks much faster on the ball. At times he looks more explosive than Mbappe, acceleration-wise. Perhaps it's debatable, though I do think Barca helped improve his technical game a lot but sadly that hasn't helped his career yet.

No, the place of criticism is how can one determine that Dembele has more raw talent than Mbappe.

Ive pointed out (as you have) what he has over the PSG star but Im failing to see the raw talent part given Mbappe is just more complete, has more to his game.

Common tropes like these come often when you see a player with mass potential and think with the right path he can become much better (than he actually is).

He is immensely talented but his footballing brain is non-existent and all his speed on the ball he just seems aimless.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:54 pm

Myesyats wrote:

Wow @ the passion of some of these real fans Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:07 pm

We are not here to feed debates on social media but the truth must be told. Yes, we have demanding requirements, but we have already shown that Ousmane's career options were not dictated by money, otherwise he would not be here," he told RMC.

"So, if Barcelona had wanted to negotiate, they could have tried to sit down at the table with us to discuss.

"Except that there is no discussion and only threats not to play in their team anymore. And that is prohibited. We will assert Ousmane Dembele's rights if necessary.

"It's a pressure move that doesn't work with people like us. Perhaps it can work with agents who have friends with Barcelona. This isn't my case, I'm here to defend the interests of my player," added Sissoko.

As for Dembele's future, the agent wanted to make it clear that he still hasn't decided anything.

"We don't know what we are going to do, nothing has been done," he said.

"But the hierarchy are only losing Ousmane. From the beginning we showed that we wanted to discuss, with clear conditions, but without closing the door."

I can't believe a top club like Barca are resorting to this sort of behaviour. Nearly on par with that prison club Buyern who try to character assassinate anyone who wants to leave. FML
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:52 pm

His agent is deceiving you. They dont want to accept a paycut and are fabricating stories

Anyway dembele is an idiot and deserves to sit in the stands

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:55 am

I also think Barca are leaking stories that Dembele wants unreasonable wages to muddy his name
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:57 am

halamadrid2 wrote:I also think Barca are leaking stories that Dembele wants unreasonable wages to muddy his name

Me too. No doubt they are.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:22 am

As much as i hate Barca, one has to think back to how Dembele left Dortmund. The guy destroyed his apartment, refused to show up in training, threw a tantrum at Tuchel, refused phone calls, etc. all in order to force his move to Barca.

In all likelihood, Barca should clean their books and it starts with this guy. What has he shown in the past 5 years apart from extreme choking and injuries. Let him leave ffs, the way this is being spun is as if they have a moral obligation to renew him. He's earning 350k p/w for the 5 years ffs.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:26 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:I also think Barca are leaking stories that Dembele wants unreasonable wages to muddy his name

If he didn't want unreasonable wages he'd accept the renewal offer but he refuses to

And I'm not sure if its possible to muddy his name even more than he did himself Laughing horrible lifestyle, constantly late to training, the way he left his previous club and now, still demanding "Balon d'or wages" after nursing injuries more often than being green lit to play

no respect for mercenaries

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:57 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:

Coming from the fan of a disgusting club like Bayern, you should know indeed.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:05 pm

Xavi: how dare he not take a pay cut

Honestly if you were dembele why wouldn't you sit out 6 months then walk free wherever you want? Barca needs the transfer fees more than he needs to play
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:49 pm

I dunno about his off field stuff, but on the field I think hes definitely much improved especially attitude wise. For months I see a much more determined Dembele. His persona means it doesnt really show, but there has definitely been a big difference. Whether the end product n often misplaced simple passes, etc. improved or not is another thing Razz Considering our finances n personal preference I hope he renews. Still by far the most exciting player we have...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:12 pm

Dembele’s problem is purely physical and mental. Two massive obstacles. However he does have a lot of natural talent. If he hired a personal chef and trainer he’d probably be in a better position, but he likes fortnite and KFC too much
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:14 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Xavi: how dare he not take a pay cut

Lets see who will agree to his demands then Laughing

From his POV it's wiser to choose money though instead of career because with these injuries he will barely have a career.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:27 pm

All the more reason to not sign again right? If he walks away in June he will save his future club a transfer fee and as a result tell that club to roll that saved money into his wage. Meanwhile he can keep swindling Barca with the one of a kind contract he has and will never find again.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:41 pm

Barca should get rid of him. he is injury prone and unprofessional. and on the pitch lacks intelligence and finish product.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:53 am

Kaladin wrote:As much as i hate Barca, one has to think back to how Dembele left Dortmund. The guy destroyed his apartment, refused to show up in training, threw a tantrum at Tuchel, refused phone calls, etc. all in order to force his move to Barca.

In all likelihood, Barca should clean their books and it starts with this guy. What has he shown in the past 5 years apart from extreme choking and injuries. Let him leave ffs, the way this is being spun is as if they have a moral obligation to renew him. He's earning 350k p/w for the 5 years ffs.

Exactly the point....

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:54 am

BarcaLearning wrote:I dunno about his off field stuff, but on the field I think hes definitely much improved especially attitude wise. For months I see a much more determined Dembele. His persona means it doesnt really show, but there has definitely been a big difference. Whether the end product n often misplaced simple passes, etc. improved or not is another thing Razz Considering our finances n personal preference I hope he renews. Still by far the most exciting player we have...

Dont let him deceive you. He looks improved only because its time for negotiation. Once done, you will see the old fraud he actually is.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:04 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:

Honestly if you were dembele why wouldn't you sit out 6 months then walk free wherever you want? Barca needs the transfer fees more than he needs to play

So you believe, with a free transfer, good team will pay the salary he wants. It's not Halaand or Mbappe. You are talking about an injury-prone player who did nothing to justify the Talented tag. Let's not forget that he attended only 87 liga games in 5 seasons including his late-game substitutions.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:06 am

hope we don't pick up this fraud because we've been linked with him
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:45 am

neuro11 wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:

So you believe, with a free transfer, good team will pay the salary he wants. It's not Halaand or Mbappe. You are talking about an injury-prone player who did nothing to justify the Talented tag. Let's not forget that he attended only 87 liga games in 5 seasons including his late-game substitutions.

Or maybe his wage demands aren't actually as outlandish as Barca and their affiliated journalists want to make us believe?
Because apparently, other clubs are willing to offer more than Barca, if they weren't he'd be renewing right?

(inb4 he goes to China..)

Maybe Barca are lowballing him compared to the offers he has? Wouldn't that be more probable given the little conundrum they manouvered themselves in with the height of their wage budget?
Or do they want to blame this conundrum on Dembélé as well, just as they blame getting thrashed by Liverpool on him missing a sitter in his 5 minutes of playing time?

Now the DoF is telling Dembélé to "leave immediately" since he does not want to renew. Lost for  words as for the behaviour and attitude of Barca's board.
Funny thing is of course, he's by a country mile their best attacker. They'll be worse off once he's gone.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 29 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next