If you smell what the Brocch is cookin: Sampdoria vs Milan

+2
Casciavit
M99
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

If you smell what the Brocch is cookin: Sampdoria vs Milan - Page 2 Empty Re: If you smell what the Brocch is cookin: Sampdoria vs Milan

Post by giovanni_milan Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:55 pm

Overall, was happy to see a bit of life from the boys (though I had to fight falling asleep in the second half)

So far, I like Brocchi. He actually plays a 4312, which our team is built to play. If you all remember Miha's 4-4-2, we were definitely out of depth for that formation. Not to mention, we have too many midfielders to only have 2 in the middle.

Balotelli has been rather impressive. His work rate was something that humbled me yesterday, his composure on the ball, delivery and movement were all reminiscent of the old Mario. Also kudos to Bacca for sticking with it.

Another player that thrived in the formation was Kucka, who literally bossed the match. Was our best mid i felt. We all expect more from Bertolacci and this wasnt his best match, still waiting on his best form.

Also shout out to Alex for being a beast as usual. Abate as well.

I dont really know what this means for the team, but it was encouraging once we got going to see the potential. Miha tactics were so very rigid, i felt often it killed our attacking potential. Especially when Honda was on the left, it was embarrassing. This team seems less dependant on position of the field and more on build up play and quick passing which I do like.

Excited to see more from Brocchi's boys

giovanni_milan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

If you smell what the Brocch is cookin: Sampdoria vs Milan - Page 2 Empty Re: If you smell what the Brocch is cookin: Sampdoria vs Milan

Post by Based Bonera Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:35 am

On a side note, montolivo has been pretty mediocre this season. Wouldnt mind letting him go in summer. Or at least have locatelli getting more playing time in place of him. Kucka has been fantastic, jack is awesome but i think we could upgrade over monty. I realize it might be a pipe dream since hes our captain or whatever.

Whats your guys opinion on Montolivo? Whose most important to our team? Monty, bona or Kucka?
Based Bonera
Based Bonera
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by giovanni_milan Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:32 am

Montolivo is a good player.

He had a career changing injury that he has yet to recover 100% from. Overall, he could do better in a few areas but he obviously needs to play a similar role to Thiago Motta at PSG, he can defend somewhat better but he should ideally be protected by two mids who can run more than him. Kucka is typically that player, though there isnt really another in this side. I say this with Bonventura playing the CAM role.

Anyway, His range of passing and ability to lead the team is warranted, and there should be a host of players to depart before he does.
giovanni_milan
giovanni_milan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Diavolo Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:13 pm

If Montolivo has still not recovered from his injury, the I don't think he ever will. He has been on a steady decline (because of the injury or because he's getting old..), but he's still a key player in the team. It really depends on who we are willing to bring in to replace him. If he's going to be replaced with some scrub from Genoa, then I'd prefer he stayed. But if they're willing to bring in a younger quality player, then I wouldn't mind him leaving.

Realistically, there will be no younger quality replacement. So, I'm okay with Montolivo at least for next season.
Il Diavolo
Il Diavolo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:46 pm

Im personally sick and tired of seeing Montolivo cower and walk backwards instead of pressing or tackling for the ball, kinda like this https://twitter.com/PhenoMenez/status/678643985263513600

Best out of a bad bunch really, injury might've killed his game but he's too sluggish nowadays, id really prefer to have someone else, someone younger, someone with more incision in his passing that can put that through ball for Bacca or over the top to him. Monty recycles well and switches the play, dont mind having him as an option. But there is no one in this crap squad that can create goals bar Bona (and he's been inconisistent lately), we have 0 creativity apart from him. 6 of Honda's assists are literally the same over the top chuck and see who can get to it. Its shocking (not really) how much we are lacking in that department

Watch us sign Pavoletti and get some more italian scrubs for the Mussolini XI tho
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2