The Demon of Carthage
sportsczy
halamadrid2
Valkyrja
Adit
21 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

UCL Semi Final: Manchester City vs Real Madrid  - Page 4 Empty Re: UCL Semi Final: Manchester City vs Real Madrid

Post by Doc Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:42 pm

Pros:
Surprisingly well disciplined. Ramos kept his cancerous ways in check and Pepe actually rewound the clock to show why I rated him highly. First half was dog shit football because our midfield just couldn't string anything together but our back four was legit.

2nd half was way better so Hala was correct.

Cons:
Our midfield played dog shit football for way too long. Bale and Lucas faded as the match went along and Jese has regressed into something unrecognisable. Kroos has obviously been getting lessons from Ronaldo on set piece taking.

Honestly, a fitter Benzema and Cristiano would have made this match better in terms of the scoreline.

Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

UCL Semi Final: Manchester City vs Real Madrid  - Page 4 Empty Re: UCL Semi Final: Manchester City vs Real Madrid

Post by Turok_TTZ Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:43 pm

This was a bad game. Zidane messed up bad here.

Sports, that idiotic mentality of Mourinho is not a positive in any situation.
We just gave away an advantage that could have given us some breathing space. Manshitty are shit but no matter who the opponent, we cannot afford to give anyone any inch. If Mancity score one goal at our home, we will be put in a really bad position. and with the way our passing is atm, I am not confident we will make the final should we concede at home.

I'll give Zidane a pass since this season was derailed but if this was a competitive year, Zidane just failed a very big test. failed very hard. and against that incompetent pellegrini too. There is zero positives to take from this draw. Zidane needs to take this seriously. that attitude and plan is a plan for future failure.

I still don't expect mancity to score even one goal against us. However, I severely question our own quality and approach. If we threw this game for Sociedad, I will be very furious. CL > La liga. always.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:46 pm

Disgraceful first half and cowardly tactics, followed by a better second half, but still disgraceful. Other elite teams would've feasted on this City from the first leg.

Unconvincing performance, tactically and performance-wise, unworthy of a CL contender.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:48 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:Disgraceful first half and cowardly tactics, followed by a better second half, but still disgraceful. Other elite teams would've feasted on this City from the first leg.

Unconvincing performance, tactically and performance-wise, unworthy of a CL contender.

It's understandable considering that we went out there without our BEST player.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:50 pm

Id rather we go for a conservative first leg than see us 2-0 down with a mountain to climb. We were like this under Carlo too. I dont know what the problem is
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:51 pm

That doesn't excuse Z for this cowardly approach. We didn't score and we didn't get our away goal. That's a huge problem. For every City goal, we have to score two.

Terrible, terrible tactics and terrible result.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:51 pm

and while im at it:

Benzema 0/10 would not watch again.

Lost the ball, cant hold the ball, bad positioning, and worse, bad decision making. Even if not fully fit this was a really bad game by Benzema's standards. Very frustrated with Benzema. What is really striking as of late is his decreasing technical ability. Benzema's most prized ability is his technical ability. without it, he is a waste of space. It has been on a decline for some time now and I am very concerned whether if its just form or he is already beginning to decline. and if its the latter, he needs to be replaced immediately.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:54 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Id rather we go for a conservative first leg than see us 2-0 down with a mountain to climb. We were like this under Carlo too. I dont know what the problem is

Neither do I besides the obvious dog shit football we played in the 1st half. Turok is being hilarious in his total disregard of Man City's threats which I am thankful Zidane is not and DoC has really high expectations of this club. Views I respect and enjoy but it is not that bad of a result.

If Pepe had aim for either corner of the goal, we would have been happy as a clam. Benzema and Ronaldo should be fit for next week so I think we can pull of a win.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:55 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:That doesn't excuse Z for this cowardly approach. We didn't score and we didn't get our away goal. That's a huge problem. For every City goal, we have to score two.

Terrible, terrible tactics and terrible result.

you want to attack with that scrub Benzema who's not making any difference even when he is fit and Lucas, who, with all due respect, he works hard and i love him, is not made for this kind of games (he was good in the first half though, and he as always put in a great shift) . We need Ronaldo next week.

PS: and we should never hear "build around benzema" or "ronaldo is overshadowing him" and shit like that. he's not worth to lick ronaldo's boots as far as i'm concerned.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:57 pm

Laughing It's a game of probabilities. With CR and Benz, if we open up, we will likely concede a goal but are just as likely to score a goal or two.

Without CR and Benz, if we open up, we are still likely to concede a goal and we are far less likely to score. With all due respect to Vasquez and Jese... they're not reliable scorers.

So you play the odds... you make sure you don't concede first and everything else is a bonus.

You let your squad and circumstances dictate tactics... not some romantic concept of how one should play regardless of everything.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:57 pm

We had 2 point blank chances that Hart saved and one that hit the bar. City werent interested in attacking with numbers. Just pass the ball to Kun or KDB and hope for the best. We were really comfortable. We were too sloppy but apart from that i am not too concerned. Our players just ran through their midfield as if it didnt exist in the 2nd half when we started attacking with numbers. Having Ronaldo wouldve helped greatly but it wasnt to be.

DoC you still think City can go through after their display tonight?
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:57 pm

Doc wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:Id rather we go for a conservative first leg than see us 2-0 down with a mountain to climb. We were like this under Carlo too. I dont know what the problem is

Neither do I besides the obvious dog shit football we played in the 1st half. Turok is being hilarious in his total disregard of Man City's threats which I am thankful Zidane is not and DoC has really high expectations of this club. Views I respect and enjoy but it is not that bad of a result.

If Pepe had aim for either corner of the goal, we would have been happy as a clam. Benzema and Ronaldo should be fit for next week so I think we can pull of a win.

Did you see city at any point of the game legitimately threaten us?
I didn't. Defense for once actually did their job and the backline of Ramos, Pepe, Carjaval, Marcelo and Keylor deserve only the maximum praise.

midfield was garbage, attack was garbage but that was mostly due to the midfield. Something needs to be done about our midfield.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:00 pm

reason our defense was so good was that Casemiro basically played the old libero role and Modric/Kroos remained tight to him. Also, Vasquez busted his arse to help Carvajal. Finally, Marcelo didn't just blindly attack and then walk back every time.

It's not that our back 4 were better than usual... they just didn't have as much real estate to cover so there were less opportunities for errors.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:03 pm

Turok_TTZ wrote:
Doc wrote:

I didn't. Defense for once actually did their job and the backline of Ramos, Pepe, Carjaval, Marcelo and Keylor deserve only the maximum praise.

midfield was garbage, attack was garbage but that was mostly due to the midfield. Something needs to be done about our midfield.

kroos is garbage. casemiro shouldn't be a starter. modric is so much better than kroos its not even funny.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:04 pm

casemiro misplaced some passes though and put unneeded pressure on our backline though. same with modric and kroos.

Casemiro had a mixed game for me. he did get bested by fernando/inho at times too.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:05 pm

meh unlucky not to win but tie is still in our hands though.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:06 pm

Turok_TTZ wrote:casemiro misplaced some passes though and put unneeded pressure on our backline though. same with modric and kroos.

Casemiro had a mixed game for me. he did get bested by fernando/inho at times too.

Casemiro's just limited technically. He's always going to get exposed with the ball in the very big games because the spaces and time are both far shorter and he doesn't have the talent to cope with it.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:06 pm

Valkyrja wrote:
Turok_TTZ wrote:
Doc wrote:

kroos is garbage. casemiro shouldn't be a starter. modric is so much better than kroos its not even funny.

says the guy who called isco our best player in the last game, stick dribbling praising.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:06 pm

You know what makes me angry the most? Since when was the last time our backline played this good? not very often. and the day they played great, we suck in attack, midfield and play conservative bs. bloody perfect.

Spin it however you want sports but when the next game comes and the defense goes ballistic courtesy of either Ramos, Epep, or Marcelo for x reason. Those conservative tactics will look very stupid and idiotic very quickly.

Last edited by Turok_TTZ on Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:07 pm

Casemiro sweeped pretty much EVERYTHING up in midfield. He was excellent. Everyone made sloppy passes. I wasnt even worried with him in possession.

Kroos is a massive problem though. He doesnt do enough for me. He needs to take command and do something when Marcelo cant. Poor game from him
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by shadexticos Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:07 pm

Ronaldo's importance in the team is so immense - This new Ronaldo, not the fraud we had early in the season.
Man city was able to put a lot of men on Bale and didn't have to worry too much about a second player. If ronaldo was there, him or Bale would have had a field day.

No one was making runs into the box or disrupting the shape of their defense they way Ronaldo does.

And ffs, Zidane should do something about this kroos modric partnership. Its lethargic, careful and slow. Its irritating!

shadexticos
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:09 pm

When we play a high line, the back 4 have to be smart and they're not smart.  In this game, we sat low... so everything was in front of them and they could just read+react.  They're much better at that.

This was a relatively easy game as a defender because of the way we set up and the fact that City were playing with 2 holding mids so it's not like you had a ton to worry about through the middle.

Last edited by sportsczy on Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:09 pm

ah blaming kroos for everything typical.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:09 pm

we have to upgrade the midfield this summer. DM + LCM. I was against Pogba but he is the kind of player we need to play alongside modric.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:11 pm

Kroos is decent to good at everything but really doesn't do anything exceptionally... heck, even his shots and set pieces have gone down the toilet, and those used to be his exceptional aspects.

Does the job but nothing more. If you're playing a DM, you need more of a difference maker in his spot even if it means the player isn't as well rounded.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:12 pm

pogba would definitely be an upgrade. just not sure who to replace with.

Also this is one of the games where isco or james would have been good... if their attitude matched what was expected of them.

why is it isco and james have to be such shits this late into the season. if we had isco of the decima year, we would make mancity look like getafe. this current isco alongside james disgust me.

Last edited by Turok_TTZ on Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next