The Official WWE Thread - Part 25

+14
Rebaño Sagrado
CM Pep
ExtremistEnigma
Pedram
Tomwin Lannister
M99
Firenze
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Casciavit
Onyx
Kaladin
RealGunner
zizzle
Jay29
18 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 25 - Page 39 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 25

Post by Onyx Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:51 pm

@zizzle wrote:
@Onyx wrote:When did Rollins and Reigns get over enough to earn a spot in the main event? Or AJ Styles who recently got a title shot? All 3 of them can walk into the main event scene despite lacking the required skills to be main eventers.

Ultimately it's nothing to do with talent or how over you are. It's who Vince/HHH want as the top guys.

In an ideal world none of those 3 would be main eventers.



Reigns: Poster boy, no need to discuss that
Rollins: After he turned on the shield he had he most heat anyone got in years, then he got even more heat when he cashed against lesnar. He got stale later on but that's because he was booked as the authority's bitch.
AJ Styles: 1- Did you hear the pop at the rumble 2- That's how you book an established star who main evented in every promotion he wrestled. 3- His push is useful to promote the network/NXT and convince more indie guys to join NXT and this more network subs.

What has Sandow done to earn a spot in the main event, except for getting some cheers while doing a comedy act?

ps: dont bring Bryan's comedy act into the discussion, there was a whole year between Hell No breaking up and him winning the title, a year where he was pulling one classic match after the other, and that's the main reason why the fans got behind him.


Rollins didn't get the most heat in years. It was generic heel heat at best.

Reigns was handpicked to be the top guy despite not being over or having the skillset to at the top.

AJ Styles - Ok, so one pop from a smark crowd warrants a main event push? Sure he might have been a big star elsewhere, but they were in companies that aren't on the level of WWE. He's not even significantly over currently. And the indy fanbase is a small minority. They aren't the mainstream fans.

Sandow on the other hand became one of the most popular guys in WWE. He's shown he's got the mic skills, charisma, acting ability and character work to be a top guy. He's a better entertainer than the likes of Reigns, Rollins and Styles.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Posts : 40093
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 25 - Page 39 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 25

Post by M99 Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:54 pm

@Onyx wrote:
@zizzle wrote:
@Onyx wrote:When did Rollins and Reigns get over enough to earn a spot in the main event? Or AJ Styles who recently got a title shot? All 3 of them can walk into the main event scene despite lacking the required skills to be main eventers.

Ultimately it's nothing to do with talent or how over you are. It's who Vince/HHH want as the top guys.

In an ideal world none of those 3 would be main eventers.



Reigns: Poster boy, no need to discuss that
Rollins: After he turned on the shield he had he most heat anyone got in years, then he got even more heat when he cashed against lesnar. He got stale later on but that's because he was booked as the authority's bitch.
AJ Styles: 1- Did you hear the pop at the rumble 2- That's how you book an established star who main evented in every promotion he wrestled. 3- His push is useful to promote the network/NXT and convince more indie guys to join NXT and this more network subs.

What has Sandow done to earn a spot in the main event, except for getting some cheers while doing a comedy act?

ps: dont bring Bryan's comedy act into the discussion, there was a whole year between Hell No breaking up and him winning the title, a year where he was pulling one classic match after the other, and that's the main reason why the fans got behind him.


Rollins didn't get the most heat in years. It was generic heel heat at best.

AJ Styles - Ok, so one pop from a smark crowd warrants a main event push? Sure he might have been a big star elsewhere, but they were in companies that aren't on the level of WWE. He's not even significantly over currently. And the indy fanbase is a small minority. They aren't the mainstream fans.


Its because of these plain wrong things that you post as facts that debates with you keep on repeating itself.

Rollins got generic reactions, Styles is not over, yeah right.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 30037
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 98

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 25 - Page 39 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 25

Post by Onyx Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:55 pm

Might be best if we just agree to disagree on Sandow.

My opinion is people should look past his portrayal as a comedy act and look at what he offers. And the skillset he offers (mic skills, character, charisma, showmanship) is better than a lot of main eventers nowadays. And to back it up he's significantly over. That's basically it really.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 40093
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 25 - Page 39 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 25

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:56 pm

I'm fine with that Laughing

Would rather speak about different things than arguing about the same stuff anyway.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68815
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 25 - Page 39 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 25

Post by M99 Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:57 pm

I do agree that Sandow should not be in the position he is at right now. Its bad that he is being kept of TV. He should have won the Battle Royal last year instead of fkin Big Show. He would have been a great presence in the midcard.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 30037
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 98

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 25 - Page 39 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 25

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:58 pm

@M99 wrote:I do agree that Sandow should not be in the position he is at right. Its bad that he is being kept of TV. He should have won the Battle Royal last year instead of fkin Big Show. He would have been a great presence in the midcard.


Yep, agree completely.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68815
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 25 - Page 39 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 25

Post by Onyx Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:00 pm

I didn't say Styles wasn't over, just that he's not significantly over to a point that's gotten people talking. He's not done anything overly impressive either during his run. And skillset wise he's pretty boring on the mic and has the personality of a plank.

So basically we're saying he gets pushed on reputation and ringwork alone. Which imo shouldn't be enough.

If that's what's enough for the WWE, then fair enough.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 40093
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 25 - Page 39 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 25

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:04 pm

Boring on the mic and personality of a plank Laughing

Yet it was ok for Bryan to be a main eventer when he's even worse, only difference being is the yes chant. Which isn't a reason to be main eventer.

He got pushed on rep and ringwork alone too, only difference he had a chant the crowd could get into and he worked with two people who are outstanding on the mic in HHH and Stephanie.

It's clear we are not going to agree on this but the holes on your argument are painfully obvious when you are completely fine with Bryan being a main event when he has very little charm, charisma and is boring on the mic.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68815
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 25 - Page 39 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 25

Post by Onyx Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:06 pm

I disagree that Bryan got over on ringwork alone. He got over because he showed a wacky side to himself and that allowed the fans (casual majority) to connect with him.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 40093
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 25 - Page 39 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 25

Post by Jay29 Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:07 pm

So I just found out Sheamus was on Soccer AM, and he called out on Rooney. Laughing

I have this bizarre premonition that Rooney will have a match at Wrestlemania one day.


Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla
Posts : 19974
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 25 - Page 39 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 25

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:07 pm

@Onyx wrote:I disagree that Bryan got over on ringwork alone. He got over because he showed a wacky side to himself and that allowed the fans (casual majority) to connect with him.


That happened later, besides how long did it take for WWE to allow him to show that side? don't you think you're being a touch unfair. Laughing

Besides the fans already connect with him, that clearly isn't an issue.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68815
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 25 - Page 39 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 25

Post by RealGunner Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:09 pm

@Jay29 wrote:So I just found out Sheamus was on Soccer AM, and he called out on Rooney. Laughing

I have this bizarre premonition that Rooney will have a match at Wrestlemania one day.



https://twitter.com/TSBible/status/720585921842802688
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 89084
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 25 - Page 39 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 25

Post by Jay29 Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:13 pm

Heyman. :bow:

Rooney vs Bork. Book it now.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla
Posts : 19974
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 25 - Page 39 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 25

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:15 pm

@RealGunner wrote:
@Jay29 wrote:So I just found out Sheamus was on Soccer AM, and he called out on Rooney. Laughing

I have this bizarre premonition that Rooney will have a match at Wrestlemania one day.



https://twitter.com/TSBible/status/720585921842802688


rofl

Love Heyman Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68815
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 25 - Page 39 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 25

Post by Onyx Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:16 pm

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Boring on the mic and personality of a plank Laughing

Yet it was ok for Bryan to be a main eventer when he's even worse, only difference being is the yes chant. Which isn't a reason to be main eventer.

He got pushed on rep and ringwork alone too, only difference he had a chant the crowd could get into and he worked with two people who are outstanding on the mic in HHH and Stephanie.

It's clear we are not going to agree on this but the holes on your argument are painfully obvious when you are completely fine with Bryan being a main event when he has very little charm, charisma and is boring on the mic.


Bryan was one of the most over guys in WWE history. When you have someone get over to that level, to the point where people are hijacking shows, you put him in the main event.

If Cesaro was as over as him or even extremely over, I would happily admit he deserves a push, even though I'm not a fan.

To me if someone gets noticeably over, it's enough to warrant a push despite them not being great at everything. I'm a big Jeff Hardy fan and he wasn't the greatest on the mic. But he was just so charismatic and unique in his own way.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 40093
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 25 - Page 39 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 25

Post by Jay29 Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:38 pm

Tbh Styles being in the main event really isn't that much a big deal because he's not going to win the title and his push isn't coming at the expense of younger talent since nobody is in a position to step up yet. At least he has experience of main events, knows how to put on good matches and can carry Reigns, and, most importantly, is a new face so it's a fresh feud. They go at it for a couple of months, Rollins/Orton/Cena comes back, Styles goes back down to upper-midcard, and hopefully nobody comes out of it worse off than they were going into it.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla
Posts : 19974
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 25 - Page 39 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 25

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:42 pm

@Jay29 wrote:Tbh Styles being in the main event really isn't that much a big deal because he's not going to win the title and his push isn't coming at the expense of younger talent since nobody is in a position to step up yet. At least he has experience of main events, knows how to put on good matches and can carry Reigns, and, most importantly, is a new face so it's a fresh feud. They go at it for a couple of months, Rollins/Orton/Cena comes back, Styles goes back down to upper-midcard, and hopefully nobody comes out of it worse off than they were going into it.


Yep, same goes for Ambrose, Bray, Zayn and Owens. That's how you build talent instead of wasting them like they usually do.

I for one am looking forward to the PPV just because the feuds are fresh and new, don't really see any negatives to them trying to push Zayn, Owens, Styles and to a certain extent for Ambrose.

It ultimately just makes the product better.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68815
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 25 - Page 39 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 25

Post by Onyx Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:30 pm

Can't wait for Cena to come out and do this. :bow:


Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 40093
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 25 - Page 39 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 25

Post by zizzle Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:55 pm

Heyman :bow:
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 6887
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 101

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 25 - Page 39 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 25

Post by RealGunner Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:28 am

@Onyx wrote:Can't wait for Cena to come out and do this. :bow:



Guy was unbelievably good as a heel.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 89084
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 25 - Page 39 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 25

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:35 am

It's funny, most people are so much better as heels. There's something about it which seemingly allows for more creative freedom than it does as a face.

Can think of very few who are better as a face, suppose the old saying is true that everyone wants to be the bad guy lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68815
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 25 - Page 39 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 25

Post by RealGunner Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:43 am

Tbf he managed to be a great face and a great heel during his career. But I guess it's easier to act like a dick and get heat than a nice guy and get cheers.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 89084
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 25 - Page 39 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 25

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:53 am

@RealGunner wrote:Tbf he managed to be a great face and a great heel during his career. But I guess it's easier to act like a dick and get heat than a nice guy and get cheers.



Agreed.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68815
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 25 - Page 39 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 25

Post by RealGunner Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:13 am

Watch from 10:00 rofl rofl

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 89084
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 25 - Page 39 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 25

Post by zizzle Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:41 am

New day top merch sales during mania week Proud
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 6887
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 101

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 25 - Page 39 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 25

Post by Kaladin Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:55 am

Lads if you see my sign take a screencap
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 24208
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 25 - Page 39 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 25

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum