Onyx
Kaladin
RealGunner
zizzle
Jay29
18 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 25 - Page 37 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 25

Post by Onyx Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:00 pm

Saw a pretty good idea to revive Smackdown.

Basically you would have all good wrestlers on Smackdown, while RAW would for the traditional WWE/entertainment guys.

RAW: Reigns, Cena, Jericho, Sheamus, Ambrose, Wyatt, Orton, Ryback etc

Smackdown: Rollins, Cesaro, Zayn, Styles, Neville, Crews, Itami, Balor, Nakamura - Shane as GM.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 25 - Page 37 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 25

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:02 pm

SmackDown has been the better show for months, unless you mean ratings wise. hmm

Most people completely ignore it so unless they try to market it not gonna matter what they do.

Lol @ Ryback, Sheamus and Reigns btw.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:11 pm

Nah, Smackdown's been dead since like 2010 imo. And considering there's no brand split nowadays, I find it hard to believe Smackdown's better when the storylines as a whole suck. Plus there's usually 0 storyline progression on Smackdown.

The priority is always RAW when there's no brand split and seeing as how none of the good wrestlers are big stars, they aren't really needed on RAW imo. So they might as well enforce a brand split again and improve Smackdown.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:15 pm

It does progress the storyline though.

Besides the reason it's a better show is because it's 2 hours, Mauro and King on commentary, a lot of the boring talent are not on the show usually and there's very little filler.

Because it's not recognised as such doesn't make it so, since i started watching again in January it's been consistently better than RAW week in week out. ( this last week might have been the exception but it was still good)
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:27 pm

Vince needs to fire Smackdown's writers if they progress storylines on a show nobody watches. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:35 pm

Wouldn't be surprised if he does tbh Laughing I mean he's done it before lol.

But anyway, just to use an example. The main event was Zayn vs Jericho which had Owens and Ambrose on commentary.

Ambrose came out with Ambrose Asylum fliers Laughing and both Ambrose and Owens made me care more about their respective feuds while they do the usual commentary stuff ( Owens taunting Sami etc etc) until the inevitable DQ finish.

It definitely furthered the two feuds in general and i personally enjoyed it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:39 pm

The Official WWE Thread - Part 25 - Page 37 VLNxRgs

Tesco's WAT

Inb4 i go to the counter and Rusev swipes my bottle of Coke hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:07 pm

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:56 pm

Sandow wants the WWEWHC. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:59 pm

@ES update on if you will take an Enzo Amore vs Damien Sandow sign at RAW.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:10 am

The next big star really is going to be Sandow imo. And by big star I mean he's going to get an organic push in the mould of Punk and Bryan. I think I said it before, but imo the next star isn't going to be someone who's in a favourable spot currently. It's not going to be somebody who's obvious.

He's being held down currently despite being one of the most over guys in the company. He has all the material there for a shoot promo.

Now it's just down to WWE to figure out how to execute it.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:11 am

Stahp lol.

Sandow isn't even on the show lmao, there's more chance of Sandow being let go than being a star in the vein of Punk and Bryan lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:15 am

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:17 am

rofl
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:18 am

He's not on the show, but that's the thing. He can easily walk onto the show and start a story on how he's been held down. Unlike a lot of people who aren't on the show, the fans still love him and he's over.

Ryder wasn't on the show for years, yet it seemed like he was in his rightful place when he won the IC title.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:21 am

Yeah and now Ryder is irrelevant again lol, it's quite obvious they don't feel about him the same way you and others do otherwise he wouldn't be legit buried right now and for a long time.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:27 am

Difference between Ryder and Sandow is that Sandow is a better fit as a top guy, he's also more over and unlike Ryder he hasn't always or mostly been a jobber.

When I see Sandow I see a naturally charismatic superstar in the mould of a Rock or a Triple H. He is what the WWE wants in a main event guy. No idea why they're burying him. Honestly think he would have been better off in the attitude era imo. Russo would have utilised him in a much better way.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:40 am

Wasn't really comparing them tbh, just that both of them are not really considered important by the WWE.

How we both really feel about it is irrelevant really, fact is he's not even on TV and hasn't been consistently for ages.

Even when people like Ambrose and Wyatt were apparently " buried " according to some fans they were still massive parts of the show, that hasn't been the case with Sandow.

I don't necessarily agree with them, i think he should be on the show in some facet as i'd rather watch him than the black hole of entertainment that is the League of Nations for example but they quite clearly don't feel that way.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:02 am

I think WWE just hated the fact that Sandow got over without their permission. So to avoid another Bryan situation, they took him off TV. It's burial 101. Why else would they take someone who's over completely off of TV, it just defies logic. They did the same with Ryder. I very much doubt it would have happened in the attitude era. Nowadays they can pick and choose who they want main eventing, because well, why not? There's no competition so what the fans want doesn't matter to them.

Ambrose and Wyatt are fortunate enough to be top guys, so regardless of any 'burial', they'll always be around the main event scene. Plus Ambrose is a shield guy and WWE would never take him off of TV, considering he's part of a group they'd been hyping for years. It'd just look bad on them.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:52 am

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:54 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:The Official WWE Thread - Part 25 - Page 37 VLNxRgs

Tesco's WAT

Inb4 i go to the counter and Rusev swipes my bottle of Coke hmm

will challenge this scrub for lana
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:59 am

Onyx wrote: he's also more over and unlike Ryder he hasn't always or mostly been a jobber.

I remember seeing this a couple of years ago

http://www.wrestlingforum.com/general-wwe/1203217-sandow-1-43-year.html

The Official WWE Thread - Part 25 - Page 37 GSg3o6R

also just heard Adam Rose and some Ascension scrub got suspended for breaking the drug wellness policy

wonder when the last time triple h was subjected to a random test rofl
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:52 am

Lol, Sandow is the only guy to win the MITB and not win the WWE title....Yeah, he's finished.
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:13 pm

silver wrote:Lol, Sandow is the only guy to win the MITB and not win the WWE title....Yeah, he's finished.

Didn't Mr Kennedy do the same thing? Doesn't really argue the point as he's nowhere to be seen now mind Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:22 pm

No idea why Ryback isn't a main eventer nowadays. He was crazy over during his initial push. He's got the muscular big guy look Vince likes too, so I'm surprised he didn't take advantage and put the title on him.

Seems to me getting yourself over nowadays = future pre show spot.

During a recent interview with Dubai radio personality Myles, Ryback discussed his frustration with WWE and didn't hold back! Check out some highlights below:

On His Frustrations: “I’ve heard in this business hard work doesn’t always pay off. So maybe The Big Guy has to go find another world where that does pay off. But you work really, really hard at something and you dedicate yourself, and you sometimes have to be told you’re somewhere else. That’s a tough pill to swallow time and time again but I’ve never stopped believing in myself and I never will. Next year should undoubtedly be a big year for The Big Guy.”

Was He Happy Being on The WrestleMania 2 Pre-Show?: ”To be quite honest, absolutely not. The last 3 WrestleManias have not been great. I’m not going to go into a lot of detail on that but it would’ve been nice to have been on the show where both of us belong. The US Title definitely belongs on there. Hopefully next year, if there is a next year, that it will be a better experience.”

On Wanting Back in The Main Event Scene: “Absolutely. And that is what each and every day I go out there and prove my worth and that I am a one in a lifetime WWE Superstar. I am The Big Guy, the best big guy in the world and there is nobody like me. But I will continue to plug away and be the best version of me each and every day and hopefully at the end of the night, I’m where I belong.”

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:33 pm

'Grab the brass ring' or doing 'what's best for business' thing is just a lie imo. They aren't going to push someone unless your Vince or HHH's guy.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next