Onyx
Kaladin
RealGunner
zizzle
Jay29
18 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 25 - Page 19 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 25

Post by Onyx Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:55 pm

WWE originally planned to do a Chris Jericho vs. Dean Ambrose feud for WrestleMania 32 that would have seen Jericho turn on Ambrose, possibly playing off Jericho walking out on Ambrose and Roman Reigns at Night of Champions 2015.

Apparently several factors led to Jericho vs. Ambrose getting nixed, like AJ Styles coming in and Ambrose being put into the feud with Brock Lesnar. As noted, WWE’s original plan for Ambrose vs. Lesnar at WrestleMania 32 had The Wyatt Family interfering.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 25 - Page 19 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 25

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:56 pm

Austin said that himself lol, says it all really.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:57 pm

Onyx wrote:
WWE originally planned to do a Chris Jericho vs. Dean Ambrose feud for WrestleMania 32 that would have seen Jericho turn on Ambrose, possibly playing off Jericho walking out on Ambrose and Roman Reigns at Night of Champions 2015.

Apparently several factors led to Jericho vs. Ambrose getting nixed, like AJ Styles coming in and Ambrose being put into the feud with Brock Lesnar. As noted, WWE’s original plan for Ambrose vs. Lesnar at WrestleMania 32 had The Wyatt Family interfering.

Spoiler:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:01 pm

Jay29 wrote:I'll believe it when he gets a major win on a PPV and isn't used as fodder for other guys.

I would only give people a main event chance if they got over.

Nobody's getting over with poor booking. They could have the reincarnation of Rock, Austin and Michaels and find a way to bury all three right now.

I don't think booking always has a relation to getting over. I mean Sandow got over dancing around outside the ring. Bryan got over while hugging Kane backstage. Punk got over cutting a worked shoot. A lot of the time the superstar has to the best with what he's given. It is possible to get over with less favourable booking. But at the end of the day it's out of the superstars hands as to whether he gets a push once he's over.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:17 pm

Speaking of Goatdow, 1745 signatures so far.

We noted on Monday how Damien Sandow called on fans to cheer for him during RAW after he received a pop at WrestleMania 32 during the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal. As seen below, Sandow made another tweet before RAW yesterday and that tweet led to fans starting a "#FreeSandow" White House petition, which Sandow has re-tweeted. The creators of the petition say it's to free Sandow "from the oppression of a ruthless dictator" and to "force WWE to give Damien Sandow TV time." They currently have just 251 signatures, despite his re-tweet, but need 100,000 before April 16th to get a response from the Obama administration.

Damien Sandow ✔ ‎@TheDamienSandow
Free Sandow is what you are going with? Ok let's get it. The official hashtag is #freeSandow do with that what you will.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:21 pm

only another 98,255 to go in the next 9 days, we got this MT.The Official WWE Thread - Part 25 - Page 19 Z
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:23 pm

I find it weird that you bash a lot of the talent for not being unique and lacking a character yet love Sandow who became irrelevant the moment he split from Miz.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:23 pm

I'm aware that GL are huge Sandow fans, so I won't keep you waiting for the link. So here it is. 1748 votes now. hmm

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov//petition/freesandow-oppression-ruthless-dictator-force-wwe-give-damien-sandow-tv-time

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:24 pm

I actually sort of liked Sandow myself, decent look, top mic skills, I liked his intellectual gimmick. Deserves some TV shine at least.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:25 pm

Onyx wrote:

A week later and I'm still bitter af regarding the booking of that match ffs. I love Jericho and I know he'll do the job. Hopefully he helps build Ambrose back after what happened at WM.

Last edited by Casciavit on Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:26 pm

Sandow and Barret should be main event talent, can't believe both are going to leave/fired.

Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:26 pm

Nah. He got taken off TV a year ago despite being one of the most over guys. Prime example of a burial. Not his fault imo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:28 pm

Mehricho needed to lose at Mania to AJ. Just Vince's pride getting in the way. Mole said something about them giving Mehricho the win so they could continue the feud after but now AJ's seemingly going to be facing off against the champion, stupid decision to have him lose the night before he becomes number 1 contender. I mean a win over Jericho isn't super credible and we all know AJ won't be winning the title regardless but it makes him look much stronger going into the match.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:28 pm

Gotta show WWE is superior (:
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:31 pm

Barrett always got injured when he was in the midst of a push and I feel like despite Sandow's intellectual gimmick being entertaining, that it soured Vince on ever giving him a legit push. It's kind of a goofy gimmick and it's not like he was established before that. Basically been used like a poor mans Santino since. Except he can wrestle. Not saying he should ever been a main event talent but he should be on RAW in midcard feuds.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:37 pm

Nah, Sandow got over playing Miz's sidekick. He dropped the intellectual gimmick 2 years ago, though I think he's been using it recently.

I think Vince just hates it people get over without his permission. That's why Ryder was buried, Sandow and even Bryan was scheduled to face Sheamus at WM 30. But Punk left and there was a chance WM would have been hijacked. Barrett was over doing the bad news barrett schtick and they made him drop it.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:39 pm

ES wrote:

Go to 0:49

https://i.imgur.com/InZa9jT.gif
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:43 pm

Firenze wrote:Mehricho needed to lose at Mania to AJ. Just Vince's pride getting in the way. Mole said something about them giving Mehricho the win so they could continue the feud after but now AJ's seemingly going to be facing off against the champion, stupid decision to have him lose the night before he becomes number 1 contender. I mean a win over Jericho isn't super credible and we all know AJ won't be winning the title regardless but it makes him look much stronger going into the match.

I thought that yes, but in fairness looking back it was the right decision.

Jericho has been seen as the guy who is just there to put everyone over " Fandango lerl " AJ is now the no 1 contender so it doesn't matter much as he pinned Jericho the following night to win the no 1 contender.

On the flip side Jericho has always been seen as the guy who is just there to put people over and then you get to the point where no one believes he can actually win which makes matches predictable.

Now lets say he gets put in with Ambrose, now he should put Ambrose over but at the same time there should be a certain amount of trepidation in peoples mind where Jericho winning is a realistic outcome.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:48 pm

This is Sandow in a pre show match at the rumble. Still so over. :bow:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:51 pm

Sandow is over in the same way Too Cool were tbh, comedy act being over doesn't mean they should be main event. ( there's different levels of over basically )

I agree on Barrett though, still a joke that Cena buried him tbh. Although in fairness to Cena they had plenty of chances to fix that.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:54 pm

He's not a comedy act though. Bryan was doing comedy with Kane when he got over. Like I said before, you can't just look at what he's portrayed as. He's got great mic skills, he's charismatic and can play any character.

I honestly don't see how Reigns is more entertaining than him.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:56 pm

Getting main event level pops in today's climate as a jobber on a pre show, surely that's impressive?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:57 pm

Don't see what else he gives tbh Laughing

He's hilarious and i do find him funny but that's all it is, Big E is shit tonnes more entertaining than Reigns as well but that doesn't mean he should be main event.

The Godfather was as over as anyone in the Attitude era but that doesn't mean he should be pushed beyond Taker lol.

I will agree with one thing though, he should be on the show but main event? nahhhhhh.

Last edited by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:57 pm

From a smark crowd, though? Didn't you say yourself we can't take any pops from smark crowds as actual evidence of being over?

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:00 pm

Well he's great on the mic, charismatic and can play many different characters. His skillset is perfectly suited for the main event. But of course nowadays it's all about da look or ringwork, so he's cast aside.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:01 pm

Yeh that is a smark crowd, but he was over with the casual audience from September 2014 to WM 2015. A consistent reaction on a weekly basis from both crowds.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next