The Movie House - Part 7

+28
Vlad the Impaler
RED
Pedram
Motogp69
Sushi Master
Andrew
Peccadillo
ManU20
Tomwin Lannister
McLewis
Adit
CM Pep
Valkyrja
Firenze
Dante
Glory
Great Leader Sprucenuce
elitedam
El Gunner
RedOranje
LeVersacci
RealGunner
McAgger
CBarca
M99
Lucifer
Freeza
Kaladin
32 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Movie House - Part 7 - Page 35 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 7

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:01 pm

Guess it's just good that a lot of people appreciate mindless action. And somebody like the Rock is tailor made for that. So he can earn amongst the big boys purely because he's a jacked ex Sports entertainer

Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Posts : 26891
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 7 - Page 35 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 7

Post by Freeza Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:02 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Guess it's just good that a lot of people appreciate mindless action. And somebody like the Rock is tailor made for that. So he can earn amongst the big boys purely because he's a jacked ex Sports entertainer



Imagine being Robert Downey Laughing He doesn't do any stunts. Just bantering for 3 weeks and gets 50m$ rofl
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs
Posts : 23356
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 7 - Page 35 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 7

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:06 pm

Freeza wrote:
Tomwin Lannister wrote:Are Rock and Vin Diesels FNF characters feuding in the next movie? If they are this is such a publicity stunt Laughing

Milked Paul Walkers death dry now let's try to create back stage heat between the two biggest names in the movie.

If not, well, wouldn't expect the Rock of all people to start a public instagram beef ffs Laughing People laugh at kids for doing that. Sort it out behind closed doors.


Could very well be publicity. But The Rock has the biggest ego I've ever seen, not even close. He's entertaining as all hell though but I could see how he's beefing with people.


Apparently he's pissed off because certain Co stars were not being professional although he didn't name any names. Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68923
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 7 - Page 35 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 7

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:07 pm

Freeza wrote:
RealGunner wrote:All his films are like B rated lol.


Well, Robert Downey made 100m$ from Avengers and Civil War combined. But they have a weird 12 months of judging this. Should be from january to december and not july to june.


I meant Dwayne
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 89340
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 7 - Page 35 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 7

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:08 pm

Freeza wrote:
Tomwin Lannister wrote:Guess it's just good that a lot of people appreciate mindless action. And somebody like the Rock is tailor made for that. So he can earn amongst the big boys purely because he's a jacked ex Sports entertainer



Imagine being Robert Downey Laughing He doesn't do any stunts. Just bantering for 3 weeks and gets 50m$ rofl



Legend Proud

Deserves 50M every 3 weeks for his part in Tropic Thunder imo
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 26891
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 81

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 7 - Page 35 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 7

Post by Freeza Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:09 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Freeza wrote:
Tomwin Lannister wrote:Are Rock and Vin Diesels FNF characters feuding in the next movie? If they are this is such a publicity stunt Laughing

Milked Paul Walkers death dry now let's try to create back stage heat between the two biggest names in the movie.

If not, well, wouldn't expect the Rock of all people to start a public instagram beef ffs Laughing People laugh at kids for doing that. Sort it out behind closed doors.


Could very well be publicity. But The Rock has the biggest ego I've ever seen, not even close. He's entertaining as all hell though but I could see how he's beefing with people.


Apparently he's pissed off because certain Co stars were not being professional although he didn't name any names. Laughing


Yeah Laughing I doubt that's it. I think he has a big ego and feels he should play a bigger role, because the series got big again once he joined. He feels he's the sole reason. He's the self proclaimed franchise viagra Laughing

Diesel probably refused and they're beefing now. Most people thought it was Scott Eastwood because he apparently looks like a douche and his father is, well, Clint Eastwood, so he must feel entitled.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs
Posts : 23356
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 7 - Page 35 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 7

Post by Freeza Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:10 pm

RealGunner wrote:
Freeza wrote:
RealGunner wrote:All his films are like B rated lol.


Well, Robert Downey made 100m$ from Avengers and Civil War combined. But they have a weird 12 months of judging this. Should be from january to december and not july to june.


I meant Dwayne


I know. I'm also doubting if I quoted the right post Laughing But basically that report is weird and seems like it was made to fit The Rock being the 'winner'
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs
Posts : 23356
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 7 - Page 35 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 7

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:11 pm

Robert Downey played the exact same role in Avengers and Zodiac ffs. How is that even possible

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 89340
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 7 - Page 35 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 7

Post by Freeza Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:12 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:
Freeza wrote:
Tomwin Lannister wrote:Guess it's just good that a lot of people appreciate mindless action. And somebody like the Rock is tailor made for that. So he can earn amongst the big boys purely because he's a jacked ex Sports entertainer



Imagine being Robert Downey Laughing He doesn't do any stunts. Just bantering for 3 weeks and gets 50m$ rofl



Legend Proud

Deserves 50M every 3 weeks for his part in Tropic Thunder imo


He deserves every penny because he's the reason the MCU worked. His banter made them a succes.

Just watched Tropic Thunder again recently. So GOAT that role rofl
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs
Posts : 23356
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 7 - Page 35 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 7

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:12 pm

Not sure I agree about his ego though Freeza, when he was in Wrestling he was considered like the most unselfish guys ever.

Would never get involved in backstage politics stuff and if he had a massive ego he'd do what most guys like that are and refuse to lose lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68923
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 7 - Page 35 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 7

Post by Freeza Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:13 pm

RealGunner wrote:Robert Downey played the exact same role in Avengers and Zodiac ffs. How is that even possible



He's played the same role ever since his comeback with only Tropic Thunder as a change tbh. Only thing varying is the alcohol consumed by the character.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs
Posts : 23356
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 7 - Page 35 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 7

Post by Freeza Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:20 pm

Jason Momoa in talks to star as The Crow
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs
Posts : 23356
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 7 - Page 35 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 7

Post by Sushi Master Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:52 pm

RDJ is just tailor made for some roles (watch Kiss Kiss Bang Bang), which is basically the cocky, condescending smart-ass that can't just shut his mouth.

Basically, he's best at playing himself Laughing

The Rock's also pretty much the same People's Champion. He's the modern Schwarzenegger, just with actual charisma. But he's made for those fun, mindless action movies. Doesn't surprise me considering how awesome he was in the WWF. The Instagram thing seems like a stunt to me. I follow him and most of his posts are actual motivational or tongue in cheek in nature. He's just a cool dude. Doesn't really seem in character for him to talk crap about fellow colleagues.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 9392
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 7 - Page 35 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 7

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:08 pm

woah let me stop you there. Rock will never be as good as Arnie.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 89340
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 7 - Page 35 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 7

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:09 pm

Prime Arnie >>>>>>>>>



GET TO THE CHOPPAAAAA
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 26891
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 81

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 7 - Page 35 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 7

Post by Sushi Master Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:15 pm

Whoa, whoa. Hide those knifes, bros.

Rock having charisma doesn't mean anything about his movies. He's just ticks the boxes of the muscled, huge action movie man after all the Golden Age guys are bald and not in their prime (although I love what they do in the Expandables). He's very easy to sell.

His movies are mindless. Arnie has Predator, Terminator, Total Recall and Escape Plan. All world class action movies.

"YOU ARE ONE UGLE MODAFOKA"
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 9392
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 7 - Page 35 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 7

Post by M99 Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:30 pm

This is the first time I'm hearing anything about The Rock's ego. I've only seen people saying what a nice guy he is.

https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/4sn8ml/the_rock_is_now_the_worlds_highest_paid_actor/
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 30205
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 99

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 7 - Page 35 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 7

Post by Kaladin Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:37 pm

On the outset, you'd think ppl like The Rock/JLaw are nice but you'd be surprised about their RL personality

I mean i met Diego Costa and he turned out to be such a nice guy Laughing
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 24433
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 7 - Page 35 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 7

Post by M99 Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:43 pm

From what I heard of Rock, he's pretty cool with his fans. Heard stories of him stopping for autographs and pictures.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 30205
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 99

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 7 - Page 35 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 7

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:44 pm

Imo you're entitled to a bit of an ego if you bust your ass day in day out over your lifespan to achieve something, as long as you keep grounded and don't be a complete ass hole to people who don't deserve it. I.E when celebs get approached by fans (Not the invasive ass hole types they deserve a kicking) and completely shut them down

Sure it's annoying and constant but they pay to see your shit at the end of the day, some respect is deserved.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 26891
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 81

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 7 - Page 35 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 7

Post by Freeza Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:49 pm

I don't see how the opposite of having an ego is being nice. You can be both. I'm just saying The Rock has a big ego and feels like he's the best thing since sliced bread. He can be good to fans and be a nice guy and all, but damn he loves to get attention.

He has refused to give many reporters comments on casting news because he wanted to break it himself on instagram, which seems kind of weird.

Meh, who cares really. I hope he's in it more in Fast 8 at least. Fast 7 was weirdly paced with his story because he had to go wrestle during filming.

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs
Posts : 23356
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 7 - Page 35 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 7

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:06 pm

Of course he has an ego, everyone popular does to a certain extent but if it was as huge as Freeza said he would have been really difficult to deal with.

Guys like Hogan refused to lose and work with people lmao, now that's what you call over inflated ego.

The Rock was never accused of such things and in fact it was the opposite according to most people and I have a hard time believing he's suddenly become an ego maniac due to a few successful films.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68923
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 7 - Page 35 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 7

Post by Freeza Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:12 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Of course he has an ego, everyone popular does to a certain extent but if it was as huge as Freeza said he would have been really difficult to deal with.

Guys like Hogan refused to lose and work with people lmao, now that's what you call over inflated ego.

The Rock was never accused of such things and in fact it was the opposite according to most people and I have a hard time believing he's suddenly become an ego maniac due to a few successful films.


Well, if it isn't a media stunt to get publicity, his ego is too big Laughing He's basically calling out his boss on instagram calling him a candy ass.

Also this part of his rant made me laugh “When you watch this movie next April and it seems like I'm not acting in some of these scenes and my blood is legit boiling - you're right.”

He's writing as if this isn't something people think is most of his movies.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs
Posts : 23356
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 7 - Page 35 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 7

Post by McAgger Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:13 pm

ES wrote:On the outset, you'd think ppl like The Rock/JLaw are nice but you'd be surprised about their RL personality

I mean i met Diego Costa and he turned out to be such a nice guy Laughing


JLaw seems very fake in her interviews. She's a public pleaser not a nice person from what I've seen.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina
Posts : 28279
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 105

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 7 - Page 35 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 7

Post by Freeza Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:14 pm

I've also heard that Cumberbatch is a bit of entitled prick from some podcasts.

Chris Pratt seems like the legit nicest movie star I've ever heard of.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs
Posts : 23356
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 7 - Page 35 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 7

Post by El Gunner Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:21 pm

Freeza wrote:I've also heard that Cumberbatch is a bit of entitled prick from some podcasts.
.

Well, he's British after all
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 20365
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 7 - Page 35 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 7

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum