free_cat
Hapless_Hans
Doc
BarrileteCosmico
sportsczy
RedOranje
11 posters

Go down

Mike Ashley "Regrets" Involvement in Football Empty Mike Ashley "Regrets" Involvement in Football

Post by RedOranje Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:31 pm

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35865092
When asked how much money was left in the club's bank account, he told the Daily Mirror: "Virtually nothing now. They have emptied it."

Ashley has vowed to stick by the club, even if the Magpies are relegated.

He said: "I'm wedded to Newcastle. They have got me and I have got them, that's just the way it is."

Newcastle are three points from safety with eight games remaining and are in danger of losing their top-flight status, which they have held since 2010.

"Do I regret getting into football?" said Ashley. "The answer is yes. I have had tonnes of fun in it but I haven't been able to make the difference I wanted to in football."

I suspect Newcastle fans regret it too, Mike.

If Newcastle's money reserves are as low as suggested, can they survive a drop away from the PL's cash flow? The Championship doesn't provide anything CLOSE to the same revenue stream.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Mike Ashley "Regrets" Involvement in Football Empty Re: Mike Ashley "Regrets" Involvement in Football

Post by sportsczy Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:48 am

I don't see how the bank account is empty given Newcastle's transfers (lack thereof), very good attendance and the new BPL media monies...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Mike Ashley "Regrets" Involvement in Football Empty Re: Mike Ashley "Regrets" Involvement in Football

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:00 am

It's called siphoning off the money into his own personal account.

Spending your last pounds on Townsend Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:04 am

Wait, who is "they"? Doesn't Ashley control the purse strings of the club?
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:05 am

sportsczy wrote:I don't see how the bank account is empty given Newcastle's transfers (lack thereof), very good attendance and the new BPL media monies...

At the risk of repeating myself....

... in 15/16 Newcastle are the 2nd biggest net spenders in world football, only topped by Man City.

http://www.transfermarkt.de/statistik/einnahmenausgaben
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:15 am

How can you spend a 100 milion and not sign a single star? 18 milion on Mitrovic?
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:27 am

There's nothing surprising about Ashley's comments, or maybe that he's saying he regrets getting involved in football. It's not that long ago he bought into the Glasgow Rangers.

What he also said is that he didn't appoint Benitez, hasn't spoken to him. And he's indicating it's not him who has been in charge of the transfer business. Yet Toon fans direct all their hate towards Ashley, as if he was the one making each and every decision at the club. When in reality it's the people who work at the club, the general director and other "heads of departments". Ashley hasn't spent 18 million on Mitrovic. Ashley hasn't decided to spend 12 million on Townsend. Ashley didn't appoint McLaren, Ashley didn't appoint Benitez. Yet he gets all the blame when these decisions turn to disappointments.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:03 am

Art Morte wrote:There's nothing surprising about Ashley's comments, or maybe that he's saying he regrets getting involved in football. It's not that long ago he bought into the Glasgow Rangers.

What he also said is that he didn't appoint Benitez, hasn't spoken to him. And he's indicating it's not him who has been in charge of the transfer business. Yet Toon fans direct all their hate towards Ashley, as if he was the one making each and every decision at the club. When in reality it's the people who work at the club, the general director and other "heads of departments". Ashley hasn't spent 18 million on Mitrovic. Ashley hasn't decided to spend 12 million on Townsend. Ashley didn't appoint McLaren, Ashley didn't appoint Benitez. Yet he gets all the blame when these decisions turn to disappointments.

He appointed the people who did those deals though.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:44 am

Yeah, there is that. But I don't think their decisions on paper have been that bad. The club's been a little unlucky. In fact, on paper they have bought players pretty smartly, imo. Guys like Janmaat, Wijnaldum, Ayoze, Shelvey, Thauvin, Cabella, Mbemba... Young, up-and-coming players who all had begun to show signs of good skill and potential elsewhere before coming to Newcastle. Many of them at the time of signing were seen as a bit of a coup. But take Cabella for example, a winger who had scored 14 goals in Ligue 1 in 2013-2014, only to score one goal in the Premier League in his first season, flopped and sent back to France on loan. On paper the club has been doing good, sensible transfers. But they've been unlucky that so many have flopped, that no manager has got the potential out of the squad.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:34 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:It's called siphoning off the money into his own personal account.

Spending your last pounds on Townsend Laughing

Either it's own money or he's lying, because we are fine financially and the money we spend is all the clubs and not his.

The problem has never been wanting to spend his money, it's been wanting him to allow us to spend our own money.

So yeah if he's struggling financially it's likely to do with other businesses not us.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:36 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
sportsczy wrote:I don't see how the bank account is empty given Newcastle's transfers (lack thereof), very good attendance and the new BPL media monies...

At the risk of repeating myself....

... in 15/16 Newcastle are the 2nd biggest net spenders in world football, only topped by Man City.

http://www.transfermarkt.de/statistik/einnahmenausgaben

One year out of God knows how many years of spending next to nothing when we bring in Top 20 in the world income every year?

Like I said if he's saying we have no money he's lying as he's known to do anyway.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:06 pm

Yeah I can't see how Newcastle could be broke, especially with all they just spent, unless they're gambling A LOT with staying up
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:23 pm

As if Benitez would join if it was actually true lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:11 pm

Why would he lie like that though? Not really seeing the motive here
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:16 pm

He lies constantly, usually he does it to manage expectations as the no 1 thing he's done since becoming owner is drive the fanbase into apathy by making them believe that success is impossible and you should be happy with what you have.

The fanbase didn't use to be like this before but now they are, thanks to years of his crap. I don't believe a word that comes out of his dirty, slimy mouth personally and there's always some sort of hidden agenda to anything he does.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:52 am

It's not as though Benitez has a history of joining clubs that are either in poor financial condition (for their relative size, prominence) or have meddling/restrictive boards and/or owners...
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:35 am

The world has been so caught up with what he can do, that no one asked what he should do
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:26 pm

Club announce profits of over 30m despite the outlay on the playing staff.

Bank is empty doe.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:02 pm

Props to the Guardian for using this pic:

Mike Ashley "Regrets" Involvement in Football CfW0eybWIAEjP_U

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:39 pm

Discount SB and Galliani
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:08 pm

That profit is from last season, they've spent it this season = bank empty smoking
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down