+5
•MilanDevil•
giovanni_milan
Based Bonera
Kaladin
M99
9 posters

Go down

Donkey-slayers: Chievo Verona vs AC Milan Empty Donkey-slayers: Chievo Verona vs AC Milan

Post by M99 Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:54 pm

Predicted line ups.

Chievo starting lineup (4-3-3 formation): Bizzarri; Frey, Dainelli, Cesar, Cacciatore; Castro, Radovanovic, Rigoni; Birsa, Pellissier, M'Poku

AC Milan starting lineup (4-4-2 formation): Donnarumma; De Sciglio, Alex, Zapata, Antonelli; Honda, Kucka, Bertolacci, Bonaventura; Bacca, Balotelli

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Donkey-slayers: Chievo Verona vs AC Milan Empty Re: Donkey-slayers: Chievo Verona vs AC Milan

Post by Kaladin Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:29 pm

We won the first leg on a knife's edge Laughing

Still, they've always been our free 3 points, need to keep complacency in check and go full throttle from the get go
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Donkey-slayers: Chievo Verona vs AC Milan Empty Re: Donkey-slayers: Chievo Verona vs AC Milan

Post by Based Bonera Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:25 pm

Excited to see Balo play as much as i hate him now, i still root for him lol. Any news on when Niang gets back?
Based Bonera
Based Bonera
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by giovanni_milan Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:55 am

I think he's done for the season after that car crash
giovanni_milan
giovanni_milan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:04 pm

Abby just saved our asses there

I'm struggling to see what Bertolacci adds to the midfield, complete passenger
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:17 pm

Bacca has been crap these recent few games, Menez seems to have lost -30 pace.

We need a completely new midfield, one that knows how to pass and move the ball around, which is exactly why we'll get 2-3 strikers
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:19 pm

Menez is a farcry of the player he was, that first touch almost gave me an aneurism
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by •MilanDevil• Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:36 pm

How unlucky can we get? Kucka injured before the match, making the original 4-3-3 formation, that the team prepared for, useless. Donnarumma injured costing us one substitution. Finally, Abate and Bertolacci hit the bar when it was an almost guaranteed goal.
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:36 pm

We should have won this one , even with our so-so quality of football today . You recall the 2 consecutive posts ? The game should have ended there. Unfortunate result . Not sure if i can say we deserved to win ... but if we had , it wouldn't have looked out of place . Perhaps .

It was a somewhat boring game , i didn't like it that much . I've said it many times , but it becomes more obvious with each game , just how important Montolivo is. We really miss Montolivo in the midfield . And we must sadly come to terms that Niang's accident has cost us quite a bit already . If not for anything else , none of our other forwards were as fit as him . Also , although Bacca-Luiz never really worked , we better stick with it because neither Menez nor Balotelli are nowhere near close to fit.

Many unfortunate turn of events , right when we were going strong . Anyway , Mihajlovic really has to make the team start winning points again. We let this and that slide and before you know it , we'll be 10 steps back .

ES wrote:
I'm struggling to see what Bertolacci adds to the midfield, complete passenger

Hmm , Bertolacci isn't suited to the type of play we go for. He is a player who needs time on the ball to make an impact . He needs to be trusted with many touches , with teammates looking to find him consistently, to move around him , keep him involved in the build up , giving him options to interact .. to be at his best he needs to be what Montolivo is for our midfield , but not in that position , basically . That's one part .

The other one is what we do with possession . Clearly , he's not on the same page as with the rest . He's kind of pass it around , wait for the right moment midfielder . And that's something we needed and still need , just not in our current set up and tactical goals . Thing is , he won't be like Kucka , were no matter his current position , he will look to get involved . He's more a positional play type of player , if it's not worth it , or risky , he will stay unavailable for the ball to move safer elsewhere . Thus why he looks a passenger often . Again , the type of play and tactics and maybe the overall quality around him (at times) makes him look a lot worse than he is .

He also always needs , always , a last midfielder behind him . In 4-4-2 , often times he needs to be that player and he's not that good at it. When Montolivo-Kucka naturally do their thing for the majority of the game , Bertolacci always looks a lot better in these games . For instance , against Roma and Inter , he looked really really good . That's because he barely had to do what Kucka and Montolivo usually do , win the ball , get rebounds , win headers , defend e.t.c . He's not bad at trying his hand here and there , but it's really not his thing. He's also a lot more comfortable playing strictly in the middle(and higher up) and not in the DMs core areas , ideally looking to send the ball to the best possible receiver in front of him , or just drive the ball the furthest he can .

The thing is , we often judge him based on his price tag . He's no 20m midfielder . He's probably not worth building a midfield around him , and subsequently the entire team around him . That said , i am fairly sure if you put him on the left in a 3-man midfield , with players who share the same view of the game , and a team that will utilize the ball more often and with more value , and he will look a very different player . He would be really good in Fiorentina , let's say .

Then again , it's not that he can't necessarily be good in 4-4-2 , it's the way he plays the game , his traits which are different to the team's strengths and goals . Not bad , just different . Is he worth it that much for the team to change for him ? Probably not . Not just for him anyway . He's clearly trying to adapt , but it isn't quite working as we all would have wanted . Imho , he either manages to adapt at some point , or for as long as Mihajlovic is around he won't be the player we want him to be , or at least , unless Mihajlovic changes the identity of the team , he probably won't be that impressive .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:14 pm

This was one of the worst matches I've ever seen.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by celikmilan Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:40 pm

I've seen too many words describing Bertolacci. Enough is this: Bertolacci is anti talent.
celikmilan
celikmilan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:00 pm

EL the best we can hope for.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:07 pm

Sinisa Mihajlovic: "With this squad it's impossible to do any more."
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Based Bonera Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:27 am

Yeah, season is over
Based Bonera
Based Bonera
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Diavolo Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:16 pm

TBH any possibility of CL was over in the first half of the season. Even if we managed to win most of our remaining games (including the last two) I doubt we would've made third place, considering Roma are on some kind of steroids ..

Realistically our goal was EL. And that is still very much achievable.

Also, we have a cup final, I know the Coppa Italia is not the biggest deal, but winning it would ensure Europe, and would also be a good morale booster IMO.
Il Diavolo
Il Diavolo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down