McLewis
RealGunner
Casciavit
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Onyx
17 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 24 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 24

Post by M99 Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:06 pm

http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2016/3/2/11150040/sami-zayn-match-wrestlemania-32-wwe

https://i.imgur.com/BTZ5SrI.gif

M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 24 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 24

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:09 pm

If that happens, i'm ok with the Jericho and Styles tag team thing. At least in the short term anyway.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:10 pm

Yeah...Roadblock's no house show. Brock Lesnar vs Bray Wyatt announced.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:21 pm

M99 wrote:Yeah...Roadblock's no house show. Brock Lesnar vs Bray Wyatt announced.

Have you seen a house show lol? they have these type of matches all the time. There's one a week before Wrestlemania with AJ Styles vs Kevin Owens for the IC title, HHH vs Reigns, Bray vs Big Show and so on.

Big matches happen at these house shows all the time and have done for years, it's definitely a house show. The only difference and why it's getting more hype than usual is because it's being advertised as live on the Network.

If it wasn't it wouldn't even be brought up, hell i wouldn't even be surprised if it doesn't get more than a passing mention on the weekly RAW's.

It wasn't uncommon in Brock Lesnar's first run through that he would face Undertaker in house shows, but it was never even mentioned on the weekly RAW/Smackdowns other than advertising the match itself during the usual ad run throughs and the wrestlers themselves would act like it never happened in the story line.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:40 pm

Yeah I know about house shows having big matches but they are always considered non-canon. Only televised stuff counts in storylines and this is clearly being counted. Triple H vs Dean Ambrose being set up was the opening and main event segment of this week's RAW and Smackdown. Brock Lesnar vs Bray Wyatt had its seeds sown from before Royal Rumble. With Roman being out of TV for two more weeks (reports saying he will return on Philly) its obvious that WWE will again focus on building up Ambrose vs HHH this week too.

Roadblock is basically the alternate Wrestlemania with Ambrose vs HHH and Bray vs Brock headlining. I expect we will see Owens vs Big Show for the title. Also NXT tag titles match has been announced for the show too.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:55 pm

Lesnar and Wyatt storyline ended after the Rumble lol, they clearly packed it in a long time ago and that's been confirmed by Meltzer and the likes.

Only thing that's consistent with the story line is the Ambrose and HHH thing and that's quite obviously going to have no effect in the long run and the only reason it's happening is because they are keeping off Reigns off TV lol.

You are making far too much out of this IMO, in no way in hell is it anything resembling a PPV and not even the most high profile house show before WM lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:46 am

Smackdown is so much better than RAW atm lol, inb4 Vince fires who ever is booking it like he did back in the day with Heyman hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:52 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
You are making far too much out of this IMO, in no way in hell is it anything resembling a PPV and not even the most high profile house show before WM lol.

It is resembling a PPV I don't get how you are not seeing this. This is being exactly marketed like Elimination Chamber. Announced two weeks beforehand, being built up on TV, basically filler, and advancing/concluding storyline.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:08 am

Because it basically resembles every house show they have ever done lol, you are basically the only one on the whole internet i have seen from twitter, to reddit and so on to actually think it's anything more than that.

Practically everything i have read, everyone treats it as that and nobody considers it to be like a PPV. Hell the house show a week before WM which is also Daniel Bryan appreciation night resembles more of a PPV tbh.

I'm just not seeing what you are tbh, for starters an NXT tag team title match wouldn't be on a WWE PPV lol. Other than that it's in 8 days and there's only one match which is following up current storylines.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:42 am

Thats because most internet fans are jaded, pessimistic and negative as f lol. If this is a house show then so was Elimination Chamber. I know nothing major will happen and nothing major happens on any PPV outside of the Big 4 anyway. This event is a bit special, NXT tag title matches don't make it on normal main roster house shows either.

The fact that its getting built up on TV, part of storylines, matches are being announced on TV and we will most probably deal with the fallout of the show on TV too makes this not a house show. Call it a Network special if you will which is exactly what EC was called and treated as. Elimination Chamber was a random house show on Corpus Christi too before it got changed. Its gonna be no different from filler PPV except for less time between announcement and actual show so less build up on TV just like EC.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:57 am

Pretty sure Lesnar's contract doesn't have house shows appearances in it?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:06 am

They paid him extra money for more dates. Anyways all he does is squash his opponent in 5 minutes, get his paycheck, and then leaves.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:09 am

Roadblock is a glorified house show. It's only getting build because Reigns is injured. All the faces will win.

The main event will probably see Ambrose go for dirty deeds, but then Lesnar will come out and screw him over.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:02 pm

Casciavit wrote:Roadblock is a glorified house show. It's only getting build because Reigns is injured. All the faces will win.

The main event will probably see Ambrose go for dirty deeds, but then Lesnar will come out and screw him over.

Yep, btw going through the old RAW's on the network and why are most of 2002 and 2003 not there lol?

I first thought it was a Benoit thing but I went threw attitude era ones and there's loads of Benoit episodes.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:06 pm

I think it's because they don't want to release all the content at once. Maybe they'll advertise when the 2002 and 2003 episodes are coming out in order to get more subs hmm
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:16 pm

Makes sense I suppose, they basically have every raw up until 2nd half of 2002 and then certain ones until 2012.

At least the attitude era ones are there though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:21 pm

You bought the WWE Network?
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Yeah lol, I did it mainly because first month is free and wanted to see how much they actually have but I think I'll keep it now.

So many PPVs I either forgot about or never actually watched, for example I have never seen Punk vs Lesnar.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:24 pm

Amazing match wasn't it :bow:

Would love for Ambrose-Lesnar to have that type of pacing, but that was before suplex city Brock Neutral
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:33 pm

Watching Lesnar back through his initial run through in 02-04 really annoys me Laughing

He was so much better then it's not even funny, don't even though why they have limited his moveset down to suplex city and F-5 basically Laughing

Not like he can't do it as he would have had to do the more technical stuff in UFC anyway.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:35 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Yeah lol, I did it mainly because first month is free and wanted to see how much they actually have but I think I'll keep it now.

So many PPVs I either forgot about or never actually watched, for example I have never seen Punk vs Lesnar.

Watch Bryan vs Cena too :coffee: Happened on the same night.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:40 pm

Forgot about the Beanie Lesnar wore rofl
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:10 pm

FFS that match was amazing. (Lesnar/Punk)

I think the Heyman interference was a bit unnecessary personally but all in all it was amazing.

Now to watch Cena/Bryan and relive the screwjob :bow:

Dead at HHH actually being the good guy leading up to it and Michael Cole struggling to talk in shock rofl
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:40 am

Just watching CM Punk vs Cena in Chicago when Punk ran out with the title lol.

The crowd are absolutely nuts, King was spot on when he said it's like Chicago going to the Superbowl and it being in Chicago.

The reaction to Cena rofl don't think i have ever seen such a sports type feeling in a crowd at a PPV before.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:25 am

Outside of Shawn Michaels - Undertaker at WM, I'd say Cena - Punk has been the best WWE match in the last 10 years.

I still get goosebumps at Punk's entrance.
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:10 am

Cena-RVD was worse mole

The way Cena wrestled despite the animosity was amazing. Guy is an unbelievable professional. One of my favourite match
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next