Kick
McAgger
M99
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Good night sweet prince Empty Good night sweet prince

Post by M99 Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:52 am

What a stupid thing to do but a hilarious way to go out. He will be missed.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Good night sweet prince Empty Re: Good night sweet prince

Post by McAgger Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:54 am

Is multi permanent?
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:59 am

Anyways, I'm disappointed with the admins. This may be the straw that broke the camels back for me.

Vibe is a GL hero. His name shall be sang in the hall of Valhalla.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:22 am

Don't call me James wrote:Is multi permanent?

RedOranje wrote:Vibe/Vibe's Lawyer - Permanent - Insults; Multi
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:55 am

He stood on the shoulders of giants and reached for the fingers of gods
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:00 am

What is dead may never die Molenation
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:05 am

Don't call me James wrote:Anyways, I'm disappointed with the admins.
The problem is that he deliberately set up this multi account to get banned. I was absolutely not amused (read: very angry) when I learned that it was a deliberate act to get his account terminated.

I would really prefer it that people who want to leave the forum just cease to post as that leaves them the opportunity to return if they later reconsider their decision instead of doing this drama queen act of burning all bridges by forcing the staff to permaban them.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:20 am

Well I by no means defend his actions but just wanna say that sometimes u got to see the motive behind such actions. The motive here wasn't any malicious and could have been dealt with light hands. Am not saying Mods/Admins did the wrong thing, they absolutely did the right thing but was it a good thing? Am not so sure. It's great loss to lose poster like Vibe for any  forum and that am very sure of. I know ur lurking u attention seeking pos. Goodbye Legend :bow:

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:52 am

rwo power wrote:
Don't call me James wrote:Anyways, I'm disappointed with the admins.
The problem is that he deliberately set up this multi account to get banned. I was absolutely not amused (read: very angry) when I learned that it was a deliberate act to get his account terminated.

I would really prefer it that people who want to leave the forum just cease to post as that leaves them the opportunity to return if they later reconsider their decision instead of doing this drama queen act of burning all bridges by forcing the staff to permaban them.

Can you elaborate on this if you can? Did he send out a PM that he created the multi to get himself banned?
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:55 am

I'm sorry, I can't elaborate, but let's say I was really not amused.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:14 am

In response to free in the quotes thread,

It was a deliberate attempt to get Kick mad.Tbh I don't blame him for not taking it lightly all the fun aside.
It seems he was looking for the perma-ban otherwise he wouldn't create another account for nothing.
Tbh I was on the verge of doing this some yrs ago but backed out in the last minute.
We should pretty much take rwo's advice here.Don't do some stupid shit in the heat of the moment.Just take a break and come back refreshed.

Back to Vibe,Loved him as a poster but I felt this was bit of an attention seeking move tbh.
Anyway wish him good luck.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:41 am

Right, well this forum has always been over-moderated, but this might take the cake. Docking Vibe 25% for repeatedly calling someone by a di... sorry, nickname they don't appreciate is fine, but then actually giving him a perma-ban for creating a second account in good humor is ridiculous. Don't really understand rwo's "he wanted to get banned, but I can't elaborate" explanation either.

Bemusing to a point where I'm taking a break from this fun, too.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:46 am

If he wanted to leave the forum anyway then this is fine. But, in general, I find it extremely over the top to permaban a senior member because he pulled a joke with a 2nd account and where the 2nd account was obviously not created to bypass a ban or a low warning level but to make a joke of being the "attorney" of the original account, so where it is even blatant that both accounts belong to the same person.

There should be rules but at the end of the day this is a football forum and not a court hearing (Laughing) where you need to enforce the rules as they were written at all costs.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:54 am

If we actually want to propose a change in the forum rules,

IMHO, DOMA should be allowed but in a CIVIL way.This way we can clear the air b/w mods and posters.You have this in other forums.There's a separate thread for discussing mod actions.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:00 am

Well, this DOMA thing was set up so that there is not a discussion about mod actions in each and every thread where some modding stuff happens. Normally it should be no problem to talk with a mod via PM about why something was done, or if one feels wronged one can always ask another mod. If things are doubtful, we do discuss this among the staff in the mod section.

But I will see to it that we discuss setting up a thread dedicated to mod actions in the Comments&Feedback section.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:12 am

Yeah

And you can always dock the warning level if you ever feel posters are crossing the line while discussing mod actions.So no harm there.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:18 pm

I'm gonna miss Vibe , he was good fun .

Personally speaking i find the permanent ban because multi to be incredibly severe , i mean we all very well know this wasn't the same thing , but whatever , it's pretty redundant bothering about it .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:22 pm

Art Morte wrote:Right, well this forum has always been over-moderated, but this might take the cake. Docking Vibe 25% for repeatedly calling someone by a di... sorry, nickname they don't appreciate is fine, but then actually giving him a perma-ban for creating a second account in good humor is ridiculous. Don't really understand rwo's "he wanted to get banned, but I can't elaborate" explanation either.

Bemusing to a point where I'm taking a break from this fun, too.

I actually think mods here are very lenient sometimes, if we're going to talk about strictness this whole thread could be considered DOMA and therefore gets locked.

Vibe was pushing it with the multi account, maybe he thought mods would ignore it because he was doing it in a humorous manner but still creating multi account is an unnecessary risk.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:53 pm

This forum isn't over moderated, you can practically abuse people and nobody blinks an eye ffs Laughing

If one person makes a multi and it gets ok'd by the admins, then we'd have plenty of other people making multi's to troll/joke around etc etc and the forum would be flooded with them before long.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:27 pm

Agreed with Tom.

People wouldn't last a day in other forums with what they get away with here.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:38 pm

He has been asking me to ban him for months if not years. Kept him off that but he got what he wanted when I was gone.

It was a self-imposed ban. He knew what he was doing. I spoke to him just today and he has no regret. He would have done something else if he didn't get banned for this.

Don't start pointing fingers at the mods or admins without knowing the full situation. There is literally no harsh modding being done in GL for years apart from when there are extreme cases like harmonica etc. I am not even making this post as an admin but as a poster.

We have talked about multi-accounts before in length. There is no such thing as 'creating a 2nd account in good humour' or 'severe punishment to permanently ban for a multi'. How about we all make a 2nd account in good humour? and just let everyone get on with it without banning anyone because it's too 'severe'. It's Impractical and stupid. I don't know why it's so hard to understand.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:58 pm

If you make a multi, you get banned...it's in the rules, I don't understand what's so controversial about any of this.

Are you guys are actually criticizing the admins/mods because they enforced the rules too fairly to everybody?

Give me a break. Anybody complaining is an absolute joke. Great way to go out though.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:00 pm

RealGunner wrote:He has been asking me to ban him for months if not years. Kept him off that but he got what he wanted when I was gone.

It was a self-imposed ban. He knew what he was doing. I spoke to him just today and he has no regret. He would have done something else if he didn't get banned for this.

Don't start pointing fingers at the mods or admins without knowing the full situation. There is literally no harsh modding being done in GL for years apart from when there are extreme cases like harmonica etc. I am not even making this post as an admin but as a poster.

We have talked about multi-accounts before in length. There is no such thing as 'creating a 2nd account in good humour' or 'severe punishment to permanently ban for a multi'. How about we all make a 2nd account in good humour? and just let everyone get on with it without banning anyone because it's too 'severe'. It's Impractical and stupid. I don't know why it's so hard to understand.

Welcome back,Hunter.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:23 pm

Sad to see one of my favorite posters go, but by making a multi he pretty much asked for it.

Goodbye Vibe Sad
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:55 pm

I couldn't care less. I spent a few months as a mod and while the job isn't the hardest, it can be time consuming. I actually think the admins/mods do a great job. The rules are clear and it's very easy to contact anyone if you have an issue. And there are plenty of different personalities to choose from.

I don't know much about the situation, however I laugh when I see members criticizing the staff of goal legacy. While I rarely post for personal reasons, this place will always be special to me. I still check in with the forum daily and had the privledge to meet many awesome people.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum