Art Morte
iftikhar
Curtinho
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

West Ham v. Liverpool, FA Cup replay Empty West Ham v. Liverpool, FA Cup replay

Post by Curtinho Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:06 pm

Alright lads (sorry Art, taking a chance here), with the league in a precarious position for us and our performances not overly encouraging it's time to really look toward the cup competitions to breath a bit of life into this season. We're already in one final, and we know Klopp wants to take the FA Cup and Europa seriously.

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2016/02/sturridge-coutinho-and-origi-could-feature-in-different-lineup-vs-west-ham-klopp/

“It was always about availability. We’ll have 20 players in training, we have 38 players in our squad,” he said.

“Today a few players are off, and tomorrow we will make a squad for the game, but it’s not like [the third round vs.] Exeter.

“We will have a different lineup [to Exeter].”

The German continue by revealing who may keep their places in the lineup, but said that the impressive Cameron Brannagan would miss out through illness.

“Cameron Brannagan is ill, that’s a shame for him because he played really well. But the other players did a really good job,” he continued.

“The full-backs will be similar, one of the other midfield positions will be similar.

“Each game for us is very important, so we will try to find a lineup to defeat West Ham. We saw what we’re able to do [last time].”

West Ham have really done a number on us this season, so it would be a really nice boost to get that monkey off our back and go out to grab a win tomorrow. The line-up sounds like it'll be strong, and with guys like Coutinho, Origi and Sturridge returning it could show some glimpses of how strong this team can be down the back-end as we move forward.

It's also time, perhaps, to take a look at Ward you would think since Mignolet has been indefensible this season and cost us even more points against one of the worst teams in the league.

Ward
Flanagan - Caulker - Lovren - Smith
Henderson - Stewart
Ibe - Firmino - Lallana
Sturridge

That'd be my guess, with Origi and Coutinho making appearances perhaps in the second half. Either way it's time to kick on and really take it to West Ham!

YNWA
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

West Ham v. Liverpool, FA Cup replay Empty Re: West Ham v. Liverpool, FA Cup replay

Post by iftikhar Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:20 pm

Cujo wrote:
Ward

Henderson - Stewart
Ibe - Firmino - Lallana
Sturridge
While I don't have anything against this back-line, I think five new (in the sense not having played together) players would put all of them in a spot of bother.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

West Ham v. Liverpool, FA Cup replay Empty Re: West Ham v. Liverpool, FA Cup replay

Post by Curtinho Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:06 pm

iftikhar wrote:
Cujo wrote:
Ward

Henderson - Stewart
Ibe - Firmino - Lallana
Sturridge
While I don't have anything against this back-line, I think five new (in the sense not having played together) players would put all of them in a spot of bother.

Caulker-Lovren-Smith played together against West Ham in the first leg (along with Clyne) with Stewart in front of them. Replacing Mignolet should be a must but probably won't happen. Clyne needs the rest he's played more minutes than anyone on the team and it's starting to show, IMO.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:01 pm

Hard to feel optimistic about this game, but would be really great to progress. The FA cup is the proper one of the two English cups, after all.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:25 am

Would really love for Ward to get a start. He can't possibly do worse than Mignolet and Bogdan.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:46 pm

#LFC line up v West Ham: Mignolet, Flanagan, Ilori, Lucas, Smith, Chirivella, Stewart, Ibe, Coutinho, Teixeira, Benteke.

What in the world? Asking for it.........
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:56 pm

That defence and midfield Laughing

At least the attack is exciting, although not sure it's smart to put Coutinho straight in. Will probably be the first substitution.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:39 pm

seems like it will be fun !

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:36 pm

Ilori playing well. Proud

Should be starting in PL not just cup games.

I thought overall organization was good. Poor from Flanno and whoever else was on the right to just let the West Ham player run clear and cross for the goal. But not really any one's fault in particular.

Benteke is dross.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:44 pm

I Klopp realises after this that playing a midfield of Coutinho, Ibe and Tex is doing world of good for our attacks and in general play.

I hope he stops playing Can, Hendo and Milner together.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:08 pm

tbh any midfield with Coutinho is going to look a lot better on the attack compared to what we've had available.

Cheeky bugger what a nice goal.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:41 pm

well it was not only Coutinho ! It was Chiriviella and Stewart playing sensible passes and brining the ball forward by exchanging the passes with FBs and the front 4.

Well we have lost complete controll since Klopp took both Coutinho and Tex off.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:50 pm

well Ilori is reading the game pretty well imo. He is rough or too eager sometimes but I can understand it.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:23 pm

I've said it before that Lucas fouls too much and unnecessarily. Don't know what would have happened on penalties, but an unnecessary Lucas foul cost us tonight.

Well, good to see Coutinho and Sturridge back playing.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:23 pm

Ilori is a very talented player. We have to put our eggs in his basket imo. I can envision him and Gomez forming something special in the future.

Pity about the loss. We just can't beat this *bleep* West Ham team.

Benteke missed 3 would be goals. I blame him for the loss.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:12 pm

And the ol ball in the box beats us again. Evil or Very Mad
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:13 pm

Benteke looked much better all round when sturridge came on. Misses aside that is.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:04 am

If only Benteke would of played.

He is so clinical, he would of made us progress imo. Sad

...:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:06 am

Don't call me James wrote:Ilori is a very talented player. We have to put our eggs in his basket imo. I can envision him and Gomez forming something special in the future.

Pity about the loss. We just can't beat this *bleep* West Ham team.

Benteke missed 3 would be goals. I blame him for the loss.

Should of went to penaltys imo.

That was never a foul. Ah well, you make your own luck at the end of the day and we've been terrible all year. Seasons still a ride off for me so no complaints. Just hope we win the CC and have a strong run in in the end of the year. Maybe we can be next year's Leicester who knows. smoking
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:25 am

Benteke :facepalm: I have never seen a player missing such chances, again and again !

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:48 am

Also, can we talk about how much a difference a quality striker makes to this side? Laughing
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:51 am

Helmer wrote:Benteke :facepalm: I have never seen a player missing such chances, again and again !
his confidence is gone now. but when Sturridge came on he got in much better positions. I think they could work well together.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:36 pm

llori is too weak to play in the PL as well as being weak aerially, He'll found out soon. Need to bulk up asap.

Stewart looks boss, Would try him over Can lol.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:18 pm

Stewart has been a real surprise. He's not flashy, simple, but does his job quite well. I would use him over Can and Lucas in midfield right now -- he's certainly making a case for himself.

Ilori is still quite weak yeah, and he gave the ball away too much for my liking. I don't think that he'll be 'found out' necessarily as he's talented enough but he still needs more experience.

Smith is easily better than Moreno, IMO. We are so much better down that side with Smith than Moreno, but of course Moreno will continue to start.

Benteke is in probably the worst form of his life. He actually played really well yesterday aside from his finishing -- unfortunately as a striker you need to be finishing at least one of those chances. Sad, especially for a guy that was 1/2 before coming to Liverpool, he seems to be completely devoid of confidence at the moment at least where goal scoring is concerned.

I think our offence looked good with Sturridge up front, but at the same time lost control of the game by taking off Coutinho and Teixeira at the same time to bring on two more strikers. Didn't make sense to me in terms of the team composition at the time, but it is what it is.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:41 pm

Curtinho wrote:Stewart has been a real surprise. He's not flashy, simple, but does his job quite well. I would use him over Can and Lucas in midfield right now -- he's certainly making a case for himself.

Ilori is still quite weak yeah, and he gave the ball away too much for my liking. I don't think that he'll be 'found out' necessarily as he's talented enough but he still needs more experience.

Smith is easily better than Moreno, IMO. We are so much better down that side with Smith than Moreno, but of course Moreno will continue to start.

Benteke is in probably the worst form of his life. He actually played really well yesterday aside from his finishing -- unfortunately as a striker you need to be finishing at least one of those chances. Sad, especially for a guy that was 1/2 before coming to Liverpool, he seems to be completely devoid of confidence at the moment at least where goal scoring is concerned.

I think our offence looked good with Sturridge up front, but at the same time lost control of the game by taking off Coutinho and Teixeira at the same time to bring on two more strikers. Didn't make sense to me in terms of the team composition at the time, but it is what it is.
that is so clear to see mate. Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next