Barca wages - or how much does Messi earn?

+24
footyfan01
StrugaRock
Lucifer
BarrileteCosmico
Pedram
Myesyats
Doc
futbol
windkick
Donuts
Art Morte
rincon
Curtinho
Cruijf
free_cat
Freeza
Valkyrja
B-Mac
S
zigra
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Adit
Mr Nick09
Hapless_Hans
28 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Barca wages - or how much does Messi earn? - Page 4 Empty Re: Barca wages - or how much does Messi earn?

Post by free_cat Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:13 am

rincon wrote:Read the edit I just did, anyway Imsure you know how to do some research.

Think of what you are arguing if it was gross. Are you saying that Neymar and Suarez make less than some Serie A players? that Iniesta makes less than several Juve players and that De Rossi makes more than anyone at Barca except Messi?

Lol, no, I'm not arguing that. I'm also arguing that the reported amounts Cristiano, Ibra, etc. make are mostly gross.

free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Barca wages - or how much does Messi earn? - Page 4 Empty Re: Barca wages - or how much does Messi earn?

Post by free_cat Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:14 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:free_cat

FFS

When are you going to come to your senses?

Are you really trying to argue Alves, Busquets, Pique get 5-6m BEFORE taxes?
Are you trying to argue Kroos gets 25% less at Real than if he had taken Bayerns first offer?

Again, wtf is wrong with you. Just take a breather and stop digging.

'Work as a tax advisor' ffs :facepalm:

I didn't say anything about Alves, Pique or Kroos. I just know Messi doesn't earn 56 milion euro gross in wages from barça, and I'm completely sure about that, because that's not possible with Barça current wage bill and not possible considering Messi earned 10-12 gross in 2009 from Barça, as it was known due to his tax case.

Last edited by free_cat on Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:14 am

You're having a shocker, man. a SHOCKER.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:15 am

Whomever thinks Messi has quintupled his salary from 2009 is insane. Period. Bye to all.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:40 am

free_cat wrote:Lol, no, I'm not arguing that. I'm also arguing that the reported amounts Cristiano, Ibra, etc. make are mostly gross.

Just wow man.

And i dont know where you got that 56m figure from.That link says Messi is at €21m net = €47m gross if we assume tax rate at 56%,just to be more accurate.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:42 am

The thing is that we don't know how much of Messi's Barcelona salary income is image rights. It will probably be an eight-figure sum. So, Messi's annual Barcelona salary would be xx million euros + xx million euros from image rights - which Barcelona doesn't pay to Messi, in fact they probably get a percentage from Messi's image rights income. Then a separate thing is Messi's personal endorsements income. So, Catsy might be correct saying that Barcelona don't pay Messi a gigantic weekly salary while Hans (and others) may be correct saying Messi earns more, but that's down to the image rights.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:44 am

The 56m he got from me answering to his "20+m before tax" with "probably 25m net".
From that 25 net he calculated 56m gross due to the tax rate.

If the reports all place it in the region 21/22m net, I'm the first to say I was off with my 25m net claim.

However, not as off as free_cat switiching net and gross lmao.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:54 am

I'm willing to believe that Messi's annual salary is between €40 and €50 million, but people need to understand that a major chunk of that is from image rights. When someone like Electronic Arts want to use Messi's image when promoting their FIFA games.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:57 am

linetty wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:40 million a year after tax is ridiculous. An individual who kicks a freaking ball no way should earn that much

He's entertaining so many people week in week out hes gotta be earning a lot. People turning on there TVs every weekend to see him kick that ball guarantee him that.

While doctors save the lives of so many people and don't make 5% of a footballer's wage
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:10 pm

Valkyrja wrote:
linetty wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:40 million a year after tax is ridiculous. An individual who kicks a freaking ball no way should earn that much

He's entertaining so many people week in week out hes gotta be earning a lot. People turning on there TVs every weekend to see him kick that ball guarantee him that.

While doctors save the lives of so many people and don't make 5% of a footballer's wage

The man's got point

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:17 pm

Art Morte wrote:The thing is that we don't know how much of Messi's Barcelona salary income is image rights. It will probably be an eight-figure sum. So, Messi's annual Barcelona salary would be xx million euros + xx million euros from image rights - which Barcelona doesn't pay to Messi, in fact they probably get a percentage from Messi's image rights income. Then a separate thing is Messi's personal endorsements income. So, Catsy might be correct saying that Barcelona don't pay Messi a gigantic weekly salary while Hans (and others) may be correct saying Messi earns more, but that's down to the image rights.

More reasonable explanation

Its just basically implying clubs pay less than what the salaries are reported.

But here's a thing though.If that truly is the case,why are Barca actually exceeding the FFP limit for wages ?
They only make money off image rights,they dont pay it yet what the players make from image rights in their total salaries is counted on Barca's books ? I just dont get it..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:30 pm

Pirloisjesus wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:
linetty wrote:

The man's got point

Not really, it's just demand. Most football fans don't need to see a doctor 50 times a year, but they want to see their team play 50 times a year.

S wrote:
Art Morte wrote:The thing is that we don't know how much of Messi's Barcelona salary income is image rights. It will probably be an eight-figure sum. So, Messi's annual Barcelona salary would be xx million euros + xx million euros from image rights - which Barcelona doesn't pay to Messi, in fact they probably get a percentage from Messi's image rights income. Then a separate thing is Messi's personal endorsements income. So, Catsy might be correct saying that Barcelona don't pay Messi a gigantic weekly salary while Hans (and others) may be correct saying Messi earns more, but that's down to the image rights.

More reasonable explanation

Its just basically implying clubs pay less than what the salaries are reported.

But here's a thing though.If that truly is the case,why are Barca actually exceeding the FFP limit for wages ?
They only make money off image rights,they dont pay it yet what the players make from image rights in their total salaries is counted on Barca's books ? I just dont get it..
Yes, the star players don't get anywhere near all their income as weekly wages from their club. Image rights income makes a big part of it. If Coca-Cola want to have a picture of Messi in a Barcelona shirt on a street add, they have to agree an image right payment. That may be then split between Messi and Barcelona, depending what it says in Messi's contract.

I don't know do image rights payments count as salary paid by the club. Barcelona's wage bill is what it is, we cannot know all the details, it's probably better to just look at the final figure than try to break it down.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:10 pm

S wrote:
free_cat wrote:Lol, no, I'm not arguing that. I'm also arguing that the reported amounts Cristiano, Ibra, etc. make are mostly gross.

Just wow man.

And i dont know where you got that 56m figure from.That link says Messi is at €21m net = €47m gross if we assume tax rate at 56%,just to be more accurate.

47 or 56. Messi doesn't earn that amount in gross.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:14 pm

Ok,fine.

But could you give me an explanation about Barca exceeding FFP's wage limit ?

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:17 pm

Don't know where you get that Barca exceed FFP wage limit. Link please.

What they did exceed was the wage percentage limit in their own statutes IIRC, which says that if wages exceed 70% of revenue the board has to bring it back down or the board needs to step down, or something to that end.

It's interesting to see how Barca's board will manage to do that, if we assume wages do rather rise than sink even if Barca 'only' wins a double or something.

But then Barca fans probably won't mind much if their current board has to step down.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:22 pm

http://www.sport-english.com/en/news/barca/barcelonas-salary-limit-problem-for-signings-4520605

Ok,this source says Barca are close to crossing that 70% barrier.

But this one says they were within 2m of exceeding the limit

http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2015/10/12/9507327/barcelona-dont-have-any-money-to-spend

And some twitter guy claiming this :

Barça have exceeded FFP contract budget rules (limit is 70%, went to 73% this summer). Some players HAVE to leave this winter. (@MigRico)

As the reliable @MigRico further explains, renewals of Rafinha-Neymar will increase the contract budget even further. Sales bound to come.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:24 pm

They need a big revenue drive by next year or either they'll risk losing Neymar or they wont be able to sign anymore star players,especially ones that are demanding big wages.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:25 pm

Who is "the reliable @MigRico" ? Laughing Laughing

S rofl
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:26 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Who is "the reliable @MigRico" ? Laughing Laughing

S rofl

What about Barca's local paper 'Sport' ? Thats a reliable source if you ask me and that says they are close to crossing the 70% barrier.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:30 pm

no worries there. they are going to win another treble this season and the sponsors with flourish them with $$$$
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:32 pm

Yes but as I said that was some internal barrier due to the bonus spike last season.

I haven't read that they violate FFP rules. What's more, are there even FFP rules anymore?
Last I checked City got fined and then proceeded to spend >200m € on De Bruyne, Sterling and the world beater Otamendi.

You don't seriously think Barca will get into trouble with FFP due to exceeding some percentage somewhere?

And you don't seriously think they'll 'have to sell Neymar' lol.

It's worth watching what will happen with their wages and this board needs to step down thing.

It's also worth watching how they want to finance their stadium with a wage bill at so much %.

IMO they shoud at some point consider selling Messi, if anything.
That would pay for a good part of their stadium AND bring the wage bill down 25% lol.
No way in hell they should sell Neymar.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:35 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Last I checked City got fined and then proceeded to spend >200m € on De Bruyne, Sterling and the world beater Otamendi.

But we're talking wages here though.Do City have a wages to turnover ratio exceeding 70% ?
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:37 pm

S wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:Last I checked City got fined and then proceeded to spend >200m € on De Bruyne, Sterling and the world beater Otamendi.

But we're talking wages here though.Do City have a wages to turnover ratio exceeding 70% ?

No idea.

But I'll need a few more trustworthy sources than the ever reliable @GuyIncognito and some random blog post on a spam site.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:38 pm

S wrote:

No, it's below that.

I don't think Barcelona are going to be in FFP trouble even if their wage bill is above 70%. And the sanctions will be something like the CL squad size going from 25 to 21, boo hoo.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:43 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
S wrote:

No idea.

But I'll need a few more trustworthy sources than the ever reliable @GuyIncognito and some random blog post on a spam site.

No need to act like such a douche.

Its been reported everywhere except for a few English papers who are obviously going to twist it and paint a different story like 'Barca are broke' or something like that.

And this news is like 4 months old.

stfu kitty
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:02 pm

Another link :

http://as.com/diarioas/2016/01/28/english/1453973380_879317.html

inb4 'pro-Madrid site'
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next