Kaladin
futbol_bill
Mr Nick09
79 posters

Page 31 of 33 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

Go down

Zidane Sack Watch - Page 31 Empty Re: Zidane Sack Watch

Post by halamadrid2 Thu May 27, 2021 2:07 pm

Sometimes being a coach of RM takes a toll on a managers mental health. Zidane has had no support from the club while the media were out with forks and knives. But I hope he knows that the fans absolutely adore him as a coach as well as the players. We have never had this much tranquillity in the team apart from when we had Carlo. Our most successful coach ever. Too bad he left without getting that league trophy. He'll probably be back again in a few season when we are in turmoil

I will never accept Conte as a coach. I'd rather have Solari back. The most logical choice since Allegri is taking over Juve is Raul. I know that he's still green but the alternatives are dire. Either Raul or Carlo back with Raul as his deputy until he takes over

Knowing the changes that are needed, Perez will probably be angling for the Mou mini me, oh God this is going to be excruciating

halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu May 27, 2021 2:14 pm

I think the media’s were out for him because he didn’t have complete support from the club. All the veiled threat of being sacked if he had failed in CL were not random… they come from somewhere. As we know, there is a board of many members and it’s clear that many did not want Zidane to continue too. If he had complete support from the board, many of those stories would not have e leaked.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu May 27, 2021 2:14 pm

Hala, I'm curious, why would you prefer Raul (and even Solari) over Conte? I understand that there are many downsides to having him as coach, but whether we like it or not, he's way more experienced, proven and successful than Raul.

If it's because you don't want Madrid to become irrelevant in Europe, then you have a point. But my counterargument to that is, Conte almost guarantees league titles whereas Raul doesn't guarantee anything for the time being. And so if you give me a choice between finishing trophyless or winning the league, I would definitely choose the league title over nothing.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu May 27, 2021 2:27 pm

Firstly Conte is a coward tactically. If we didn't like the 352 under Zidane welcome to our new formation under Conte. That formation will never work for us because we don't have the players for it

Conte is also notorious for fighting with his players and gets into tittle tattle with his board. Mourinho was at least subtle when he was sending messages to the board, the media will have a field day with Conte. I predict he'll last maximum a season before his bubble bursts.

I can only accept that appointment if we have no expectations for next season with the Club needing a guy that's detached emotionally to tell the leeches to gtfo
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu May 27, 2021 2:33 pm

Conte is a good option imo.

Madrid needs to get back to winning league titles again. Barça is slowly catching up to them.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu May 27, 2021 2:50 pm

@halamadrid2 wrote:Firstly Conte is a coward tactically. If we didn't like the 352 under Zidane welcome to our new formation under Conte. That formation will never work for us because we don't have the players for it

Conte is also notorious for fighting with his players and gets into tittle tattle with his board. Mourinho was at least subtle when he was sending messages to the board, the media will have a field day with Conte. I predict he'll last maximum a season before his bubble bursts.

I can only accept that appointment if we have no expectations for next season with the Club needing a guy that's detached emotionally to tell the leeches to gtfo
i think there is a world of a difference between a coach and a teams that play 352 all the time and someone like Zidane that just throws is out of nowhere like he is a savant once in a while.

The formation was weak under Zidane because he doesn’t know how to coach it. Not to mention that he did it mainly to play fucking Marcelo
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu May 27, 2021 2:58 pm

@farfan wrote:Conte is a good option imo.

Madrid needs to get back to winning league titles again. Barça is slowly catching up to them.
My reasoning exactly. Conte comes with a baggage, that's for sure. But Madrid is in urgent need to get back to winning ways. With Raul, things are still unclear and, as things stand, we have no idea how he'll turn out to be: another Zidane or another Pirlo/Lampard.

This is precisely why I would rather hire Conte for the time being until a better option becomes available. Aside from the fact that he'll definitely force Florentino to invest in the squad, he will also make the long overdue squad clearout that the club so desperately needs.

If we hire Raul, be sure that he'll be just another yes-man to Florentino. Just another scapegoat who will inherit a squad with so many problems and be asked to meet galactico expectations. He will never push for anything, he will be given nothing, and he'll take the blame when things go south.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu May 27, 2021 3:55 pm

@farfan wrote:Conte is a good option imo.

26 vs 34. Doubt we'll see barca overtake madrid in the next 20 years
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu May 27, 2021 4:56 pm

With Barca in an uncertain moment Conte would walk the league coaching Madrid.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Varnagel Mon May 31, 2021 6:00 am

Zidane published an open letter in today's edition of AS Diario's newspaper about why he left Real Madrid.

https://imgur.com/a/rNiT4bL

https://en.as.com/en/2021/05/31/football/1622417445_986023.html

Dear Real Madrid fans,

For more than 20 years, from the first day I arrived in Madrid and wore the white shirt, you’ve shown me your love. I’ve always felt that there was something special between us. I’ve had the enormous honour of being a player and the coach of the greatest club ever, but above all I’m just another Madrid fan. For all these reasons I wanted to write this letter, to say goodbye to you and explain my decision to leave the coaching job.

When, in March 2019, I accepted the offer to return to Madrid after a break of eight months it was, of course, because President Florentino Pérez asked me, but also because all of you asked me every day to do so. When I met any of you in the street I felt your support and the desire to see me with the team again. Because I share the values of Real Madrid; this club belongs to its members, its fans and the entire world. I’ve tried to follow these values in everything I have done, and I’ve tried to be an example.

Being at Madrid for 20 years is the most beautiful thing that’s happened to me in my life and I know I owe that entirely to the fact Florentino Pérez backed me in 2001, he fought to get me, to bring me here when some people were against it. I say it from the heart when I say that I will always be grateful to the ‘presi’ for that. Always.

I have now decided to leave and I want to properly explain the reasons. I’m going, but I’m not jumping overboard, nor am I tired of coaching. In May 2018 I left because after two and a half years, with so many victories and so many trophies, I felt the team needed a new approach to stay at the very highest level.

Right now, things are different. I’m leaving because I feel the club no longer has the faith in me I need, nor the support to build something in the medium or long term. I understand football and I know the demands of a club like Real Madrid. I know when you don’t win, you have to leave. But with this a very important thing has been forgotten, everything I built day-to-day has been forgotten, what I brought to my relationships with the players, with the 150 people who work with and around the team.

I’m a natural-born winner and I was here to win trophies, but even more important than this are the people, their feelings, life itself and I have the sensation these things have not been taken into account, that there has been a failure to understand that these things also keep the dynamics of a great club going. To some extent I have even been rebuked for it.

I want there to be respect for what we have achieved together. I would have liked my relationship with the club and the president over the past few months to have been a little different to that of other coaches. I wasn’t asking for privileges, of course not, just a little more recollection. These days the life of a coach in the dugout at a big club is two seasons, little more. For it to last longer the human relationships are essential, they are more important than money, more important than fame, more important than everything. They need to be nurtured.

That’s why it hurt me so much when I read in the press, after a defeat, that I would be sacked if I didn’t win the next game. It hurt me and the whole team because these deliberately leaked messages to the media negatively influenced the squad, they created doubts and misunderstandings. Luckily I had these amazing lads who were with me to the death. When things turned ugly they saved me with magnificent victories. Because they believed in me and knew I believed in them.

Of course I’m not the best coach in the world, but I’m able to give everyone, whether it’s a player, a member of the coaching staff or any employee, the strength and confidence they need in their job. I know perfectly well what a team needs. Over these 20 years at Madrid I’ve learnt that you, the fans, want to win, of course, but above all you want us to give our all: the coach, the staff, the employees and of course the players. And I can assure you we’ve given 100% of ourselves to this club.

I’d like to take this opportunity to send a message to the journalists. I’ve given hundreds of press conferences and unfortunately we have spoken very little of football, though I know that you love football, this sport that brings us together.

However, and without any desire to criticise or lecture, I would have liked the questions not to have always been about controversy, that we might have talked more often about the game and above all the players, who are and always will be the most important thing in this sport. Let’s not forget about football, let’s care for it.

Dear Madrid fans, I will always be one of you.

Hala Madrid!

Zinedine Zidane

Varnagel
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon May 31, 2021 8:08 am

Boohoo cry me a river
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon May 31, 2021 12:01 pm

tldr?

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon May 31, 2021 12:03 pm

Sooo, what exactly if any hidden or just clear message he wanted to get out? A complain of the leaked sacking intentions real or not? Complain about the press asking too much non-football related things?

Definitely said Flo either dont have the faith in him anymore or the budget to continue to build the squad? But insist he will forever be grateful to him and the club, so it looks like a third time would be very likely if he continues in management.

Hope he goes to another club soon and continue progress as a coach of a major club.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon May 31, 2021 1:15 pm

He's had a feud with Jose Angel Sanchez, the director (in fact the COO) at Real Madrid who ACTUALLY influences the transfer decisions for Florentino Perez.  Namely, the one who decided to pay 40 million for every kid under the age of 20 with any talent as opposed to buying established players.

ZZ does not trust or like him.  Has been like this since day before he was a manager.  Knew him when he was a director at real madrid with Mourinho there.  

ZZ was fine with rebuilding, but wanted a clear say on transfers this time.  He was shut down.  So he wasn't going to invest his personal equity on a project he did not believe in.

Of course, the lack of support when he took an aging and depleted squad to CL semis and the last day of la liga bothered him too.  He thinks that it's Jose Angel who was making those leaks to the media.  It was him during Mou's days so why would it be different.

Finally, the timing of the announcement of the super league, which put a target on him and every real madrid player while they were fighting for trophies put the final nail in.

The letter is meant to make it clear that there were reasons to leave that had to do with internal structure of real madrid...  not just because a cycle was ending.

In short, this was directed mostly at Jose Angel Sanchez. Flo Trump, as the president of Real Madrid, bears the responsibility of this toxic environment however.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon May 31, 2021 1:36 pm

I don't know, sports. I also felt he was also unhappy with Florentino as well.

Kudos to him for exposing them. They had gotten so used to yes-men for so long, they never thought someone would actually dare to shine a light on their dirt.

Also, kudos to him for not accepting to put his name on a losing transfer policy. I would do the same if I were him.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon May 31, 2021 2:28 pm

The hypocrisy of Zidane about the medias when he himself was shooting the club in the foot talking about Bale a few years ago. JAS or whoever did not need to leak that he was gonna be sacked if he had failed to qualify out of the group stage, everybody knew that. You can’t coach Madrid and get embarrassed out of the group stage without thinking that heat is coming your way.

I don’t know what’s the point of taking a page out in the media to attack the club without naming anyone, when you have already gone. It’s creating more confusion because now people wonder who he is talking about and it’s extending a conversation that had already quieted down.

All and all a useless statement in my opinion. Say you love the club and move on, if you wanted to change things, pull a Mourinho and get rid of people like he did with Valdano to consolidate power.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon May 31, 2021 2:46 pm

Riding the coattails of Ancelotti’s tactics for years and failed when players got too old and he had to change.

Can’t wait to see more than 1.2 goals a game now
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon May 31, 2021 2:46 pm

@Mr Nick09 wrote:The hypocrisy of Zidane about the medias when he himself was shooting the club in the foot talking about Bale a few years ago. JAS or whoever did not need to leak that he was gonna be sacked if he had failed to qualify out of the group stage, everybody knew that. You can’t coach Madrid and get embarrassed out of the group stage without thinking that heat is coming your way.

I don’t know what’s the point of taking a page out in the media to attack the club without naming anyone, when you have already gone. It’s creating more confusion because now people wonder who he is talking about and it’s extending a conversation that had already quieted down.

All and all a useless statement in my opinion. Say you love the club and move on, if you wanted to change things, pull a Mourinho and get rid of people like he did with Valdano to consolidate power.

Couldn’t agree more. These statements seem quite pointless, to me. He may have felt a need to vent some frustration, but it doesn’t lead to anything positive, either for him, nor the club.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Mon May 31, 2021 3:01 pm

@Freeza wrote:Riding the coattails of Ancelotti’s tactics for years and failed when players got too old and he had to change.

Can’t wait to see more than 1.2 goals a game now

Good luck with that.

I see more Lopetegui/Solari seasons in your immediate future.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon May 31, 2021 3:33 pm

@The Demon of Carthage wrote:I don't know, sports. I also felt he was also unhappy with Florentino as well.

Kudos to him for exposing them. They had gotten so used to yes-men for so long, they never thought someone would actually dare to shine a light on their dirt.

Also, kudos to him for not accepting to put his name on a losing transfer policy. I would do the same if I were him.

Unfortunately, he didn't really shine anything. He didn't call out anyone and basically was very down the middle in his attempts to explain what went wrong.

Also, he was the one that green lit both Hazard and Jovic, the former being our biggest flop so far, the latter being your standard Bundesliga flop striker.

All in all, hate agreeing with Nick as it is against my religion but I too question the point in that open letter (the content of it that is). It's not like Zidane left on bad terms, we all still love him. He's our greatest manager since Miguel Munoz but things just didn't work out and you can't luck your way into a league title (he knows this extremely well).
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon May 31, 2021 3:51 pm

Another irony to point out about that statement is when he asks the medias to talk about football… Zidane is the king of bland and boring media session. Same message everyweek for 5 years « all the players are important, every count, I have 25 players »… at which point did he decide to stop and explain his tactics against X or Y teams? When he plays Hazard as soon as he is back from injury and he gets hurt again, where is he explaining that thinking process? When he ostracizes players for an entire season, where is the football explanation of that?

His « holier than you » mentality is very on brand with Madrid after all

Last edited by Mr Nick09 on Mon May 31, 2021 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon May 31, 2021 3:52 pm

Well, he's certainly not returning as long as Perez is in charge (which is forever).

Wonder what's in his future. PSG, Juve, France?
M99
M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon May 31, 2021 3:54 pm

@M99 wrote:Well, he's certainly not returning as long as Perez is in charge (which is forever).

Wonder what's in his future. PSG, Juve, France?
frankly he shouldn’t, he has taken it as far as he could with us. he is going to go to another club and he will discover that he had it good in Madrid.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon May 31, 2021 4:27 pm

The reaction of real madrid fans reminds me of the OM fans back in our hey day and Juve fans of the 90s early 00s too.  The club is always right.  The managers are always wrong.  Any manager could coach these players.  How dare anyone speak against the club.  This is the best club in the world.  The manager doesn't know how good he had it here.  Etc.

Same entitled rubbish.

@DoC... of course he has a problem with Florentino for not having his back.  But Florentino can't ostracize his COO.  So he didn't take a side.  The Super League thing, however, is all on him.  The tiing of that couldn't have been more shit.

Last edited by sportsczy on Mon May 31, 2021 4:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon May 31, 2021 4:42 pm

Also, ZZ in his entire playing and managerial career has only made negative public statements three times.

Domenech... and he was absolutely right.

Materazzi... and again right in terms of the player although his reaction was 100% wrong. And he had to publicly explain here otherwise he likely wouldn't have.

This time.

That's it.  That's the extent of it in his entire career.  Always loyal and tight-lipped.  We're not talking about Conte here.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon May 31, 2021 4:55 pm

Not sure who are the Madrid fans you are referring to Sports. I see conversations on social medias about Zidane being right and also those criticizing this approach to deal with things in the medias.

Maybe it’s not a good idea to make a blanket statement about « Madrid fans », aren’t you one of those fans yet you have a different opinion? lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 33 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

Permissions in this forum: