Kaladin
futbol_bill
Mr Nick09
81 posters

Page 27 of 35 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 31 ... 35  Next

Go down

Zidane Sack Watch - Page 27 Empty Re: Zidane Sack Watch

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:43 am

Myesyats wrote:Well, Madrid dominated the midfield but they didnt create that much scoring threat imo, mostly crosses and longshots which for a keeper like Ter Stegen is nothing. You had one good chance where Pique cleared off the line but so did Barca tbh and Ramos came in with the clearance.

So all in all, despite being dominant in the middle, I don't think you utilized that well.

Our top scorer is Benz followed by Ramos who has 4 goals. It's embarrassing that a team like ours doesn't put more pressure on the wide players to score more goals

As for us shooting from distance, it's a tactic of ours. Our midfielders have cannon shots. I am glad they shoot alot because Hazard and Bale never will. Vinicius does but his shots are terrible

halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:46 am

danyjr wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:I think Lope was hard done by. Lots of last min goals conceded then the manita by Barca and he was a goner

Solari on the other hand must be the worst coach we've had since Schuster conceded defeat against Barca before the game even began.
Win percentage:
Numpetegui: 43%
SantiaGOAT: 69%
ZZ: 54%

Goals scored per match:
Numpetegui: 1.5
SantiaGOAT: 2.2
ZZ: 1.9

Despite the above statistics I conclude Zidane is the best of three, but let's not forget he had been with this team three years prior, and started fresh this season. Solari took over out of the blue from a thrashed Madrid team. A far more difficult job than what Zidane's with a pre-season and starting fresh.

Solari >>>>>> Numpetegui and it isn't even a contest. Can't believe some of you.
Zidane took over a team in the gutter. Actually he's done it TWICE now. First after Benitez then after Solari. Zidane said when he came in that the players had lost their fight. It took Zidane 6 months to get this team back to playing like they did under him. It cost us a lot of points earlier in the season and a humiliation against those mental midgets

Last edited by halamadrid2 on Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:37 am; edited 2 times in total
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:49 am

I don’t think Real is particularly good and I don’t think they’ll win the CL as some have been prematurely saying, but I do think Zidane deserves credit for the massive turnaround he’s pulled off. They are genuinely the best team in La Liga right now, which is a huge difference from when he came back.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:51 am

Cruijf wrote:I don’t think Real is particularly good and I don’t think they’ll win the CL as some have been prematurely saying, but I do think Zidane deserves credit for the massive turnaround he’s pulled off. They are genuinely the best team in La Liga right now, which is a huge difference from when he came back.
I have never heard this before Laughing
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:51 am

you can be the best team in la liga, but not be very good eh?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:03 pm

Whether or not we’re the best team in La Liga has yet to be decided, and to be perfectly honest, it’s been a really long time since the overall level of the league has been this poor.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:17 pm

farfan wrote:Any holdouts who still think he's a trash manager? hmm

*raising hand*
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:15 pm

We have dominated PSG and Barca in last weeks so yeah we have improved alot.

our biggest problem is the cutting edge upfront. there is no goalscorer except Benz.

Bale, Rodrygo and Vini are no real threats. we need Hazard back.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:48 pm

I feel they badly need a player with lethal finishing. But hey, thats why Jovic was bought...
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:26 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:you can be the best team in la liga, but not be very good eh?

La Liga in general is not very good but you’re the best of the not very good. Not too hard to understand hmm

And to be clear by the way by very good I mean CL worthy. Liverpool would eat you alive.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:53 pm

I agree. It doesn't need much to be the best team in La Liga these days. Barça are going through a rough patch and Atléti is beyond pathetic.

Madrid have improved a lot since the abysmal level of last season, but like Cruijf said, we are not CL worthy yet. And to be completely fair, except for Liverpool, no one is.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:09 pm

Honestly, Liverpool aren't that special either. They're just really, really well-drilled, balanced, hard-working and mentally stable.
But they're much less creative than you would expect from an historic top team.

At some point, you have to wonder whether Jjuve can't win this thing at last, not much top opposition keeping them from it
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:39 pm

I’ve always had a soft spot for Juve, but I really don’t think they have the overall quality to win the CL with their current team. They have CR7 of course, but he turns 35 in february, if I remember correctly. Their defense has seen much better days, their midfield isn’t exactly elite, in my opinion, and I don’t think their offensive quality is enough. I don’t know how they’re supposed to beat a complete team like, Liverpool.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:19 pm

Juve is significantly worse this season than last season. No way they're winning CL imo
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:39 pm

Thimmy wrote:I’ve always had a soft spot for Juve

May Hans, Chad and what's his name continue to attack you. I support them fully...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:43 pm

Also, Solari was an absolute shitty manager. Lope is 3rd in La Liga and comfortably guided them into the KO stages of Europa meanwhile Solari is unemployed enjoying that free money he got from Madrid.

Solari made Luxemburgo & Juan Lopez Caro look like fucking Bob Paisely and Bill Shankley.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:00 pm

I can’t help it, man. They had such a charming team during the late 90s, early 00s - around the time when I started supporting Real Madrid. People hate on them for the Calciopoli scandal and whatnot, but I remember the good times Razz
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:38 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:

*raising hand*

Why is that? this can't be seen as a rational stance at this point. Laughing you'd have to believe that teams just magically improve/get results when Zidane is there.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:44 am

Don’t mean to be cheeky, but what «teams»? Razz He was gone for less than a year, had the privilege of a transfer window to provide competition and replacements, and now we’re here. He’s clearly not a trash mnager, but these hypoerbolic descriptions I keep reading about both him and the team, make no sense to me. I don’t get this kneejerking about how we’re supposedly back either. We’re looking more cohesive than a few months ago, but the only drastic improvement I can see is the inclusion of Hazard and Fede. The fact that people have to drag down interim coaches Lope and Solari even further as a means of pointing towards his supposed brilliance is almost a bit sad. I genuinely don’t see the logic behind it.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:07 am

Thimmy wrote:Don’t mean to be cheeky, but what «teams»? Razz He was gone for less than a year, had the privilege of a transfer window to provide competition and replacements, and now we’re here. He’s clearly not a trash mnager, but these hypoerbolic descriptions I keep reading about both him and the team, make no sense to me. I don’t get this kneejerking about how we’re supposedly back either. We’re looking more cohesive than a few months ago, but the only drastic improvement I can see is the inclusion of Hazard and Fede. The fact that people have to drag down interim coaches Lope and Solari even further as a means of pointing towards his supposed brilliance is almost a bit sad. I genuinely don’t see the logic behind it.

What I find puzzling is the mental gymnastics that people use to minimize his impact. There was immediate improvement when he took over from the fat waiter and a slow and steady return to form since he came back. Hazard was a net positive for like two weeks and Fede was there last year (+ the two Spanish jabronis that Madrid fans were so in love with ). Crediting the transfer window for the turnaround makes no sense to me.

farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:17 am

I’m not crediting the transfer window for the turnaround, I’m saying there’s a middle ground between being trash, and being some kind of genius who turns everything he touches into gold. Between the crap form of last season and the sensationalist claims of «we’re back!», there’s gradual progression. I don’t understand why some people have to see every sign of change as some kind of bombastic, quantum leap - whether it’s for better or worse. Not being as awful as we were last season is great, but we have yet to accomplish anything this season.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:29 pm

farfan wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

*raising hand*

Why is that? this can't be seen as a rational stance at this point. Laughing you'd have to believe that teams just magically improve/get results when Zidane is there.

We have had our worst start in over a decade and we are still ahead. How is that an endorsement of Zidane?

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:35 pm

alexjanosik wrote:
farfan wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

*raising hand*

We have had our worst start in over a decade and we are still ahead. How is that an endorsement of Zidane?

Madrid had its worst season in recent memory under the two previous managers. The team's current form is an undeniable improvement relative to last year's.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:26 pm

ZZ has worked miracles on our team. Just before our Gala game it was said we had our worst start since the 70th and there were ZZ was compared with our previous managers and he came out bottom but he has no blame in that respect

We were so so so atrocious last season that the last time we won 3 games in a row was back when we had ZZ. There were talks of mass clearout in the summer

Come this season, we stared off similar to last season. Took about 2 months to actually start playing like we have under ZZ. He removed the defeatist mentality Solari had instilled in the team

Whoever wins this season will probably win it with around 70 points which is the most poor since 05/06 but any Madrid fan will tell you we actually look like a team that can win things this season. We have improved leaps and bounds

We have one position to fill and improve now that we've sorted the midfield. When Hazard comes back and we start playing the Zdiamond we will start scoring more goals imo

As for Barca, I don't know how their season compares with their previous ones but from RMs perspective there is night and day difference with our previoua season
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:24 pm

I’m not posting this for any negative effect on Zidane, I’m just curious as to actual facts!

I believe the start of the season was no different than the start under Lopetequi. The differences are two fold, one Barca and Atleti also had bad starts and secondly, they had no patience with Lope whereas they gave Zidane the opportunity to work things out.

The difference of course is Zidane had worked things out and we will never know whether Lope could have or not.

I don’t mention Solari as I don’t consider him a legitimate coach, as evidence by his current demand!

I have been very critical of Zidane, but he definitely deserves some of the credit for this turnaround. I agree with Timmy that it is partially the players and partially Zidane.

What remains to be seen is how well the season works out. If we do in deed win something, then Zidane deserves full credit. However if we end up with nothing, then the jury is still out! I must admit that Nick was right (and I wrong), zidane has done enough to warrant another year even if it ends up trophyless.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:44 pm

I ain't know about leaps and bounds. Our defense has surprisingly gotten better, much better but our offense still lacks legit creativity or effectiveness i.e if Benzema doesn't score, no one scores. Also, our right flank is null and void for most matches since Dani is a shadow of his former self and Bale is, well, Bale while Rodrygo is still very much a noob at this level. He clearly knows how to judge players when it comes to how they fit within the starting 11 (hence Ceballos and Llorente are not even worth discussing anymore and Valverde is shinning) so I really appreciate that. That being said, we bought a 60 mil striker with his approval and he is currently getting the Mariano treatment so it's a work in progress...apparently.

I'll give Zidane credit for getting us to focus once again after Lope and Solari shitting the bed nicely but at the same time, I am still seeing his, um, "coaching style" still hasn't changed much which I grew to dislike a lot. But leaps and bounds, um, no. Leaps and bounds would be in a winning position in La Liga and finishing 1st in the CL group. This is just a steady progression.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 35 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 31 ... 35  Next