The Madrid One
titosantill
sportsczy
Freeza
Adit
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

True great players move deeper as they age, : Tony Kroos - Page 2 Empty Re: True great players move deeper as they age, : Tony Kroos

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:37 pm

El Blanco Madridista wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:
El Blanco Madridista wrote:We can all agree that Kroos has to play deep,

Then you're all agreeing on the wrong thing.
Kroos is wasted so deep, and he's nothing special there either.

With BBC, Isco and James, I don't think it is possible for Kroos to play in an attacking role.

Well tough shit. Clearly the aim should be to put together a succesful formation instead of desperately trying to fit all the big names in somehow.

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

True great players move deeper as they age, : Tony Kroos - Page 2 Empty Re: True great players move deeper as they age, : Tony Kroos

Post by sportsczy Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:40 pm

Kroos hasn't changed much for me tbh...  always had great passing accuracy on long ones and a great shot....  and always was slow, a bit challenged in tight spaces and poor defensively.  

In Bundi, it's technical, fast paced and very attacking... so there's acres of space automatically in the middle of the pitch.  In Spain, it's a more methodical approach.  Bundi basically is trying to combine the La Liga technical play with the speed of EPL.  Bundi is more suited for him overall.

Anyhow, Kroos did great to start in La Liga because, as with all teams against Madrid mostly, the opponent sat back and gave him space.  Since he was shredding them, they are now playing close to him and he has problems.  He also misses the tighter line gaps with Carlo that allowed him more options.... since we play such wide gaps now, he's often on the ball with either the option to pass it deep or try and dribble... and he can't dribble.  So he's forcing the passes so he doesn't turn it over in bad areas.

I blame a lot of the individual struggles of our midfield on piss poor tactics there tbh.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by El Blanco Madridista Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:42 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
El Blanco Madridista wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

Then you're all agreeing on the wrong thing.
Kroos is wasted so deep, and he's nothing special there either.

With BBC, Isco and James, I don't think it is possible for Kroos to play in an attacking role.

Well tough shit. Clearly the aim should be to put together a succesful formation instead of desperately trying to fit all the big names in somehow.

Tough shit indeed! That should be the aim but try convincing Perez(and the people he hires) of that Laughing .

El Blanco Madridista
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:07 pm

Kroos played as a 10 because he is ridiculously smart. Fantastic movement, shooting range and passing. Unlike other 10s he also came deep to form a 3 man mid. Dominated us in 2012 from that position
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:20 pm

Valkyrja wrote:Kroos played as a 10 because he is ridiculously smart. Fantastic movement, shooting range and passing. Unlike other 10s he also came deep to form a 3 man mid. Dominated us in 2012 from that position

This is the Madrid section so I'll show respect to you by dissing you only in spoiler tags.

Spoiler:

You were warned. :coffee:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:22 pm

to be honest, i think i even prefer kroos playing further forward as a number ten. we have modric who can play the deep lying play-maker role, and i reckon kroos is probably a better passer than james and isco. a player like kroos imo shouldn't be chasing offensive talent in the middle of the park. he's not the best dribbler, but he can pass that ball. and his style suits the front three. nobody in our front 3 really dribbles the ball, they can only play one-touch on counters, u know, those moves where the ball comes and they do back heels to one another and all that. kroos' style can work well with that as he can see runs being made

even last season, when the team was on the 22 game winning streak, i don't know if it was the pessimist in me, but once again my posts are there for all to see. i never liked this idea of kroos and modric playing that deep together in midfield; both are very good passers, one can play further forward; they shouldn't be forced to do the dirty job for 90 mins. and obviously with some lousy defenders we've got and little help from the flanks, this is more pronounced
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:46 pm

Problem though tito is that Kroos isn't very good in tight spots... so i don't think the 10 is possible for him anymore. He should be the relaying type CM.... DM behind him and AM in front of him. That's his best spot. If i were to set things up

Casemiro
Modric-Kroos
James-Benzema-Isco

I think both James and Isco have 20 goal seasons in them if they are allowed to be scorers...

But that will never happen.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:51 pm

sportsczy wrote:Problem though tito is that Kroos isn't very good in tight spots... so i don't think the 10 is possible for him anymore. He should be the relaying type CM.... DM behind him and AM in front of him. That's his best spot. If i were to set things up

Casemiro
Modric-Kroos
James-Benzema-Isco

I think both James and Isco have 20 goal seasons in them if they are allowed to be scorers...

But that will never happen.

that wouldn't work imo. you need someone to make runs behind the defense.

btw, I don't like Modric and Kroos as the advanced midfielders. isco is a must in a 4-3-3
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:57 pm

@sportsczy i know, that's why i mentioned, he isn't a very good dribbler, he won't create chances based on beating his man, but with guys who can run off the ball around him, he may just bring some passes in the final third that we need against stubborn teams.

i agree with you that he's a typical number 8, definitely not a dm, but even in a formation with an attacking midfielder in front of him, if modric is his midfield partner in the pivot, i don't like that.

i don't know about james and isco scoring 20. you may be right, but i don't have that much faith in either of them right now to be honest. are you talking 20 all competitions? then that's possible. but in the league, i don't know about that. and for me, these days, it depends on what kind of 20....if its 20, where 18 are against the vallecanos, levantes, spartak moscows of this world, and the other 2 are against midtable sides like bilbao, and maybe sevilla, then they can keep those 20 goals to themselves

i also don't like them playing as wingers. i'd just rather we get to a point where everyone plays their position

Last edited by titosantill on Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:09 pm

Not sure he really isn't 'good' in tight spots. It's rather that he doesn't like it.
But he's got the technique and decision making to be combinative in tight space, he's done it for us and he's multiple times more useful that way then distributing harmless passes 50 meters away from goal.

Problem is he doesn't like to be challenged, but he needs to be challenged. He needs to be thrown in more contentious areas so that he has to struggle a bit and raise his game.
Then he can be surprisingly explosive, if he's overcome his inner passenger.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:02 pm

I try, but forgive me for not understanding what you guys see in Kroos as mediocentro. While i will agree that his passing and wuick thinking with the ball is great, i continue to believe that everything else is bad.

The comparisons with Pirlo as a reference point need to stop here, let's not do this.

Kroos off the ball is an embarrassment, a complete fraud. His defending consists of cutting the passing lanes, when he can, and that's it. The argument that with proper team structure he would do fine is a cop out because everyone would do well in those situations. But the position he plays often involves him having to go win duels to stop counters.

Kroos doesnt win duels. Even more worrying he doesnt go for the duel. He has no tackling technique what so ever, whether it's standing or sliding, he has none. I mean, i was watching footage of last game again and i see Kroos in postion to tackle and he doesnt go for it, i am like wtf. We like to troll Xabi about his tackling but i swear he is like light years ahead of Kroos.

This is my problem, yes he would perform better with more help, like any player but Kroos as a mediocentro? Kroos playing in front of the defense? He is not very good. I praised Casemiro in that role because Casemiro wins a lot of duels, well, he is actually a DM and knows how to win the ball. Is he an elite player? No, so his performance will reflect that. And let's stop talking about him in that role because Pirlo did it. Well, Pirlo is a fcking legend, generational player...

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:26 pm

Yea, Kroos is just trying to deflect. TBH hs best position at Bayern was when he played as a sort of #8.5. He is far to slow, doesn't get involved in 1 vs 1 battles at all. He needs a structured team around him to look good. I don't think he has played awful, but he will never be the player to make a difference. His passing is good when he has time to pick it out but because of how slow he is he needs the perfect set up to do a killer pass. A slower Ozil if you get my point
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2