titosantill
futbol
RealGunner
BarrileteCosmico
37 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Who... ?

Suarez vs Henry vs Eto'o - Page 2 Vote_lcap43%Suarez vs Henry vs Eto'o - Page 2 Vote_rcap 43% 
[ 19 ]
Suarez vs Henry vs Eto'o - Page 2 Vote_lcap41%Suarez vs Henry vs Eto'o - Page 2 Vote_rcap 41% 
[ 18 ]
Suarez vs Henry vs Eto'o - Page 2 Vote_lcap16%Suarez vs Henry vs Eto'o - Page 2 Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 44

Suarez vs Henry vs Eto'o - Page 2 Empty Re: Suarez vs Henry vs Eto'o

Post by Bankz Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:31 pm

S wrote:Suarez will be elite for a couple of yrs ATLEAST anyway so this debate would be put to bed pretty soon if there's still some doubts.

And suarez will also be scrub for many years to come also when he starts to decline so people will pretty much forget all he's done, just like henry now..

Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:34 pm

sportsczy wrote:Suarez will never be the focal point while messi and/or neymar are there... he's the third wheel. Henry was the focal point at Arsenal and everything fell on his shoulders.

So there is no comparison anyhow.

Teams don't gear to stop Suarez... they gear to stop Messi/Neymar and then hope that will starve Suarez of balls. At Arsenal, teams geared up to stop Henry first.

Suarez was the focal point at Liverpool for 3 years (and bfore that too but that league was weak ).
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:35 pm

Completely agree with Futs and Jibs

Suarez is the best of the three.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:36 pm

sportsczy wrote:Suarez will never be the focal point while messi and/or neymar are there... he's the third wheel. Henry was the focal point at Arsenal and everything fell on his shoulders.

Teams don't gear to stop Suarez... they gear to stop Messi/Neymar and then hope that will starve Suarez of balls. At Arsenal, teams geared up to stop Henry first.

What a load of crap Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:53 pm

Lmao again just another case of drawing conclusions "in the moment". It affects this forum so much it has become a syndrome.

You guys know I'm a fan of Suarez and have defended his credibility, technique and amongst other things, but I just need you to sit back a moment and reflect on what "the best player in PL era" did. What he actually did. Those dribbles. That technique. That finesse shooting. That brains for the game. Suarez is great in many ways, but he can't match up to what Thierry did, at least not yet.

El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:55 pm

LeBéninois wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Suarez will never be the focal point while messi and/or neymar are there... he's the third wheel.  Henry was the focal point at Arsenal and everything fell on his shoulders.

Teams don't gear to stop Suarez... they gear to stop Messi/Neymar and then hope that will starve Suarez of balls.  At Arsenal, teams geared up to stop Henry first.

Suarez was the focal point at Liverpool for 3 years (and bfore that too but that league was weak ).

And they won absolutely nothing and he wasn't even good his first season at Liverpool.  Liverpool choked away their chance at a trophy because Suarez disappeared against the better sides and late in the season during the one year Liverpool had the chance to win (and should have tbh).

Grant you, they would never have been in that position without Suarez... but he didn't finish it off.  Henry put Arsenal in positions to take trophies and he finished off a lot of those chances... and he did it for 7 out of his 8 years there.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:57 pm

And i don't even like Henry as i've made it clear before Laughing But these debates are so inane that i feel the need to defend him...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:02 pm

Henry had world class team mates. The Invincibles.

The same Liverpool without Suarez is at best a midtable team.

Put Suarez on the Invincibles and take Henry out and they win just as much if not more.

Didn't show up agasint big teams late rofl Dude just admit you didn't watch Liverpool. That myth that Suarez didn't show up against big sides at Liverpool was the stupidest shit I ever heard.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:07 pm

you guys do know henry had aged when he got to barcelona. he had endured like two groin injuries before signing. he was injured for a large chunk of his previous season at arsenal, and had family issues, his divorce and inability to see his daughter often when he joined the catalans. if i'm not mistaken, he had also played more games at that stage of his career prior to joining barcelona, than suarez had prior to his own move

now i really liked suarez (don't like him much now since he's with barca), i wanted us to sign him that summer after the biting cos i was sure liverpool wouldn't be stubborn, and i've considered him the best cf in the world (still is), over the last 2 or 3 years, no question. but better than henry? the things henry was doing week in week out, the kinds of goals he was scoring, the effective skill moves, his invention, like come on

i never even gave a crap about arsenal or any epl side but henry was a beast and high on confidence. to slag him for not succeeding at juve, when he wasn't in his prime is a stretch...serie a in those days was just not for everyone. and by the time henry reached his prime, there weren't many serie a strikers in that time period as good as him, not del piero, not adriano, not ibra (at juve), definitely not inzaghi, schevchenko in o4, was real close, but i'd pick henry over him, not crespo, not trezeguet...oh btw, trezeguet made it at juve, does that now mean he was better than henry?!?

they are two very brilliant strikers though, both very very skillful; i'd give henry the edge in  skills, can dribble in tight spaces, technically gifted (i don't care what anyone says, suarez' technique is on point), danger from free kicks (i'd give henry the edge here), aggressive (suarez takes this), suarez is better in the air i think, suarez may be better at using both feet, both, amazing scorers....henry's my pick. obviously for barcelona, @ present, u'd have to say suarez. but overall, if i had to start a team, and told to pick between the two, its henry
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:09 pm

Bankz wrote:
S wrote:Suarez will be elite for a couple of yrs ATLEAST anyway so this debate would be put to bed pretty soon if there's still some doubts.

And suarez will also be scrub for many years to come also when he starts to decline so people will pretty much forget all he's done, just like henry now..

What ? Laughing

It's infact the opposite with a large group of football fans.People tend to overglorify the past out of nostalgia so much so that they refuse to acknowledge the present and thus become irrational in the process.
Henry is a premier league legend while being an unspectacular in player in the Champions league.Suarez himself has been an elite player for 3 yrs now and the impact isn't much inferior to Henry's prime yrs at Arsenal.
I rate Suarez higher and it's just a matter of accomplishing more and the answer would be much clearer.

Not just NT but there's a reason he isn't mentioned in the same breath as Raul, Shevchenko, Del Piero, Eto'o etc as far as CL goes.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:15 pm

Although just like you @dcmj I don't understand what sportz means by 3rd wheel when suarez is doing doing great in that role. Even if neymar and messi are better than him for instance I don't see how that's suppose to be a knock on suarez, that in itself doesn't make him worse than henry. However, I believe henry is simply better but, not for the reasons sports is giving i.e 3rd wheel or whatever.

However, suarez for NT is a different ball game. But let's not also forget that henry was also a big game player too. Who else can forget the 04 - 06 seasons for henry. We never saw suarez in CL with liverpool so who knows if he'd have been exposed there. He only did it with barca in the best ever front 3 just like henry won the CL when he eventually moved to play with messi and eto'o. So put henry with Neymar and messi and I believe he wouldn't do worse either.

With arsenal however, henry was very successful whereas suarez's case was one of "almost". Well almost doesn't get anything done so even if suarez almost won the league with suarez that doesn't change the fact that he didn't win it.

Just as henry "almost" single handedly won the CL for arsenal,

Neymar "almost" single handedly won back to back libertadores with santos

or how baggio "almost" won the world cup for italy,

Ronaldo "almost" won the world cup 3 consecutive time from 94 - 02, but well, they didn't. Almost doesn't win you anything sadly.

Come to think bout it, suarez played for bout 3 seasons in liverpool yet was close to winning the league just once (almost) yet people make it sound like liverpool where genuine contenders in all those seasons or like they won some europa league to go with it.

Last edited by Bankz on Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:16 pm

You do know that Henry is 5th top CL goal scorer of all time right?

Whoever doesn't mention him along with the likes of Raul, Eto'o etc as far as CL goes is an idiot. Although that's the first time I've heard that statement.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:17 pm

and lets give eto'o some props too, that nobody's picking him makes him look like some scrub. he was a beast at mallorca (which was way way worse than liverpool), anytime he got injured, they'd flop, and with him they were one of our bogey teams. before messi, he was the one owning casillas, got them a cup title, especially the walloping he gave our team in the semis or the quarters, and helped them to a ucl playoff spot. i'd pick henry and suarez over him, but he too was solid in his prime, considering that he used to score in the big games, but still missed a lot, i think i would class him as a richer version of higuain
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:20 pm

@Banks

Henry didn't do anything singlehandedly at Arsenal. Don't even say that. Everything he did, he had world class calvary behind him.

The 3 years Suarez was at Liverpool, we had an absolutely horrid squad with an aging injury prone Gerrard well past his prime and Suarez single handedly carrying us. The only season where his teammates improved Coutinho and Sturridge were signed we challenged for the title. Even then the midfield and defense was shit so no surprise we didn't win.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:22 pm

RealGunner wrote:You do know that Henry is 5th top CL goal scorer of all time right?

Whoever doesn't mention him along with the likes of Raul, Eto'o etc as far as CL goes is an idiot. Although that's the first time I've heard that statement.

Yes I'm an idiot and Henry's CL career(especially with Arsenal) hasn't been any better than Zlatan (:

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:23 pm

Don't call me James wrote:@Banks

Henry didn't do anything singlehandedly at Arsenal. Don't even say that. Everything he did, he had world class calvary behind him.

What absolute bullshit. He single handedly won us games after games. You are acting like all of our world class players played at 100% every single match. Henry was just special enough to never have an off game.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:25 pm

S wrote:
RealGunner wrote:You do know that Henry is 5th top CL goal scorer of all time right?

Yes I'm an idiot and Henry's CL career(especially with Arsenal) hasn't been any better than Zlatan (:

At least he didn't flop in 3 CL finals like Del Piero (:

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:29 pm

@S, i know these are your opinions, but pause for a moment, pause, now are we trying to imply henry couldn't lace the boots of sheva, raul, and del piero? cos last i checked, from 03 up to like 09/10, when those guys started disappearing, henry was better than them all. and even in the late 90s (96-02), they weren't that far above him. as a madrid fan, i like raul, but raul's was sheer will and guts, from a technical standpoint he wasn't as good as henry.

those guys u mention, look at their teams; milan, madrid, juve- arsenal were never on the level of any of those teams in the late 90s, and henry used to beast in ucl ; hattrick against roma hattrick against valencia, the hattrick against inter...those guys just had more  complete teams. i would never trade raul for henry in their primes, NEVER NEVER but i would lose all objectivity if i sat here and said raul was better....same goes for del piero. this ucl thing as a sole standard is ridiculous, hell inzaghi has more goals than zlatan and roy makaay....is inzaghi now better than them cos of ucl? benzema has more goals than rivaldo and drogba
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:31 pm

> 38 out of Henry's total 50 goals scored in group stage games
> Same level as Eto'o who was clutch in 2 CL finals and won back to back trebles

Arsenal fans. rofl

Stick to talking about Koscielny being a world class defender. (:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:40 pm

I never said he couldn't lace boots of Sheva, Eto'o,Raul or ADP.

I never found him to be a decisive big game player in the CL compared to the aforementioned players.I just won't put his CL career on par with them atleast not Raul or Eto'o.

Even Drogba has had a bigger impact in cl but ofcourse stats (:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:42 pm

futbol wrote:> 38 out of Henry's total 50 goals scored in group stage games
> Same level as Eto'o who was clutch in 2 CL finals and won back to back trebles

And what? group stage isn't part of the CL now? He was still our best player beyond group stages in any case. Carried a team with Eboue and Flamini as fullbacks all the way to the final.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:43 pm

Lol, henry is better than sheva, raul, del pierro, inzaghi, and its not even suppose to be a debate.

Yes exactly, even benzema, inzaghi, scheva, del pierro, drogba, even has more CL goals than R9 but does that make them better?

Henry was *bleep* is a 2 time balon d'or contender ffs not some scrub!!! People has forgotten henrys run in the 06 CL.

Put prime henry with messi and Neymar and see if he'll not tear shit up every season.
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:44 pm

And Arsenal was a stacked team in the early 2000s

They were most certainly capable of winning CL.

Arsenal choked in Europe in what was a glorious era for the club.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:47 pm

S wrote:And Arsenal was a stacked team in the early 2000s

They were most certainly capable of winning CL.

Arsenal choked in Europe in what was a glorious era for the club.

That's down to Wenger being not as good of a manager in Europe. Ancelotti would have won the CL with Arsenal at least 3 times from 2000-2006
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:48 pm

As if 8 of messi's 10 CL goals last season weren't in the group stage.

Messi scored in 1 of 7 possible ko games last season ffs, yet everybody says that was his best season ever Laughing

So yeah, there goes the group stage goals theory.
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:51 pm

Bankz wrote:Lol, henry is better than sheva, raul, del pierro, inzaghi, and its not even suppose to be a debate.

Yes exactly, even benzema, inzaghi, scheva, del pierro, drogba, even has more CL goals than R9 but does that make them better?

Henry was *bleep* is a 2 time balon d'or contender ffs not some scrub!!! People has forgotten henrys run in the 06 CL.

Put prime henry with messi and Neymar and see if he'll not tear shit up every season.

Making it seem like Henry is worlds better than Sheva rofl

"Ballon D Or contendor" Mate, Sheva won it, sit down lmao
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next