jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Suarez vs Henry vs Eto'o Empty Re: Suarez vs Henry vs Eto'o

Post by Claudio84 Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:29 pm

The best in General is Henry for Barcelona i think Eto'o did a lot for Barca more than Henry and more than Suarez (Although Suarez if keep it up will be better than Eto'o

Claudio84
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:50 pm

Suarez
Henry
Eto'o

For Barca :
Eto'o
Suarez
Henry
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:05 pm

S wrote:Suarez
Henry
Eto'o

For Barca :
Eto'o
Suarez
Henry
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:10 pm

LeBéninois wrote:
S wrote:Suarez
Henry
Eto'o

For Barca :
Eto'o
Suarez
Henry

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:14 pm

I think the question isn't bout barca but in general as every one already knows eto'o has done more than suarez and suarez more than henry for barca.

In general terms however, I fail to see in what way suarez was as good as henry. Henry was as good a scorer, was a better creator (this isn't assists), even if I pretty much believe henry had more assists too, henry was far faster, was quicker, was a better dribbler, had a better first touch, was flashier, had more pace, and had more power than suarez at their prime.

However, The only knock for henry was that he was mediocre for the french NT. I would really like to know why anyone actually feels suarez is a better. Just curious!

From 2002 - 2007 was pure domination from henry. my opinion tho.
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:35 pm

Henry
Eto'o
Bitey
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:51 pm

Bankz wrote:I think the question isn't bout barca but in general as every one already knows eto'o has done more than suarez and suarez more than henry for barca.

In general terms however, I fail to see in what way suarez was as good as henry. Henry was as good a scorer, was a better creator (this isn't assists), even if I pretty much believe henry had more assists too, henry was far faster, was quicker, was a better dribbler, had a better first touch, was flashier, had more pace, and had more power than suarez at their prime.

However, The only knock for henry was that he was mediocre for the french NT. I would really like to know why anyone actually feels suarez is a better. Just curious!

From 2002 - 2007 was pure domination from henry. my opinion tho.

Suarez is a better CF. Better at holding the ball up, better direct dribbler for me. Henry was better technically, but Suarez has moments of magic that decide games, I don't know how else to put it. Henry moved in laterally from the wings, Suarez can play every single attacking position fluidly, lone CF, SS, Wide interior and he is amazing at all of them, Better mentality and has decided bigger games than Henry ever did in his career.

Henry was faster, in terms of first touch, I don't think henrys was that much better tbh. Suarez is always looking to shift the play. Finishing, I'll give to Henry, he was more consistent, but again, Suarez can score more goals out of nothing (not saying Henry couldn't mind).

To put it simply, if given a pick of Henry and SUarez without knowing the other 10 player, I would pick Suarez all the time. Suarez's mentality for me also makes up for anything he lacks. When he is having a bda game, he still runs, still harries, still never gives up, he has that street mentality, as Cruijff put it that people like Michael Laudrup never had. These 3 are top tier CFs so me saying this vs that is better is still semantics. They are all great.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:24 pm

@jibers,

Great post as always jibers, but if I get u, are u saying that henry is better than suarez in everything else aside mentality and hold up play? If yes, but then again, when u look at it, those things u mentioned about suarez are really mostly assumptions, take for instance, mentality, how do we really know or quantify that x player had a stronger mentality than y player?

U say suarez could play the CF or SS better, well I could also say henry played the wings better and played the ss just as good.

Henry is more creative than suarez (to me at least) but then again how do u really say that suarez can score a goal out of nothing than the more talented and equally more prolific henry?

I mean, they basically always rescued their teams time and time again in the same fashion and if anything henry had more variety in his game and also was more technical just as he scored just as many goals, then, so how is it that this same player is less predictable than suarez in this regard? When Its not even like henry wasn't a big game player either.

Well, for me, those things like hold up play and mentality are pretty abstract and not actually clear for us to really quantify. But its easier to know, that a player is faster, has more pace, is a better dribbler, is stronger, more technically gifted, flashier, has a better first touch, is more creative and has achieved just as more.

So like u said, that they are both great players and not that your points aren't solid (no, nothing like that) its just that anytime I hear these suarez arguments, its always bout some invinsible things that are more or less us making assumptions as opposed to hard facts i.e he has a stronger mentality, how do we really know? However, I do think that suarez has a better workrate than henry which is pretty clear and is well, more aggresive which is still just as he is as good a scorer as henry.

Although, I totally agree with something I've heard u say before which is thesame assessment I have bout suarez too, that he's a pretty erratic player who can go from a desastrous heskey in 89 minutes to a prime R9 in 1 minute and this makes him quite unpredictable and interesting. Infact, this might even possibly be the best summation I've ever heard/read bout him and thank God I wasn't the only one thinking it.
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:50 pm

Henry's issue at France NT was a lot tbh...
-  Zidane was better than him and he was the focal point.  Henry had to fit around Zidane and he couldn't do it.
-  There was also Trezeguet and Anelka to compete against him.  Being the #1 CF for France wasn't a foregone conclusion for Henry
-  He couldn't dezone.  You had Djorkaeff, Pires, Malouda, Ribery, etc. that had their zones covered at a WC level.  The midfield had no room for anyone to get involved either...  Henry had to play his CF role and only that.  He didn't have the freedom that was given him at Arsenal and he struggled with it.

Number 1 biggest reason he struggled...  France managers were pathetic and had no idea how to make the team gel after Jacquet left.  So it came down the personality of the players.  Henry, for all his club greatness, didn't have enough personality to impose himself on an extremely talented France squad.  Only Zidane was able to organize the team.

Btw, if Suarez was French, he would have been kicked off the team with his behavioral issue regardless of his quality. So he's lucky he's Uruguayan and he has no competition + they don't care how much of a scum bag you are.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:01 pm

Regardless of situations or anything, I think suarez would have always been better than henry. I think that is pretty much clear. I mean, if suarez can do it at a wc stacked barca where he's probably the 3rd wheel then I can't see why henry couldn't do it in a stacked squad like france even as a cf.

I don't believe zidane was more influencial than messi in terms of demanding the ball.

So, my take is that as far as the NT goes, suarez is flat out better than henry.
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:30 pm

I love Henry but if we're being honest for a minute, Henry has the Premier League hype machinery behind him, with the "best player in Premier League era" tag and all that and that's why he's rated so highly. But he wasn't great for Juventus, he wasn't great for France and he wasn't even great for Barcelona except one very good (but not great) season in 08/09. He was great for Arsenal but not particularly great in Europe (29 out of 35 Champions League goals in group stage games and a big choke in the CL final against Valdes when it mattered most).

Suarez in 13/14 has already equalled Henry's best ever season performance-wise in a much worse team. Vieira, Pires, Bergkamp, Cole, Lehmann, Gilberto etc. vs. washed up Gerrard playing DM, Henderson, Glen Johnson, Mignolet, Sakho, Joe Allen etc. doesn't warrant a discussion and in terms of clutch performances you won't find many forwards not named Messi who can boast what Suarez contributed last season with his Clasico winner, his brace away to City, his brace away to PSG, his double assist away to Bayern and his CL winning goal. He also performs better for a medicore Uruguay team. He performs wherever you put him. If you replaced Giroud with Suarez now, Arsenal will walk the Premier League for years until he declines and Arsenal fans would start to discuss who was better between Henry and Suarez. If he can push a midtable team almost to a title imagine what he would do with a team that is already title-challenging as it is.

Honestly, not much of a discussion for me. Suarez maybe just needs to do it for a couple more seasons for it to be obvious beyond any doubt but that's it.

When Henry came to La Liga he looked like Bale for most of his time. Laughing People maybe forgot, kicking the ball infront of him on the wing and trying to chase it with his pace and then attempting his trademark far post finish. People excused it with him being past his prime but he came to La Liga when he was 29, not 34.

Maybe I made Henry sound like a scrub now even though I actually rate him very highly but Suarez is clearly better. I'm objective IMO. You can look here, about a year ago I didn't even want to give my definitive opinion on Suarez and whether he is better than Villa before watching him closely for Barca:

http://www.goallegacy.net/t37331-prime-villa-vs-suarez#1380545

Now it's clear.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:33 pm

That level of bias is reaching harmonica level.

Never thought I'd see the day someone try to dethrone harmonica Proud
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:37 pm

Oh snap, the Arsenal fanboy Internet army is coming for me now. (:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:46 pm

Mostly agree with cuckbol.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:57 pm

RealGunner wrote:That level of bias is reaching harmonica level.

Never thought I'd see the day someone try to dethrone harmonica Proud

Tbh Futbol isn't totally wrong. Suarez is a hell of a player. He might never get the same respect as Henry ( in England especially ) but he's amongst the forwards GOAT and everyone is seeing that right now.

PS : All three are insane and overall in the same bracket. Depending of the others 10 players, one might be better than the other.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:03 pm

Bankz wrote:Regardless of situations or anything, I think suarez would have always been better than henry. I think that is pretty much clear. I mean, if suarez can do it at a wc stacked barca where he's probably the 3rd wheel then I can't see why henry couldn't do it in a stacked squad like france even as a cf.

I don't believe zidane was more influencial than messi in terms of demanding the ball.

So, my take is that as far as the NT goes, suarez is flat out better than henry.

Pretty much disagree on everything...

NT is a far different animal than club football because you get no practice time and very few games other than the main tournaments.  Also, Barca has a philosophy and a good manager.  France had clowns as managers and Zidane to save everything.  Everytime Zidane didn't play, it all fell apart.

Zidane covered a ton more pitch than Messi ever did.  The midfield area past the center line was his and rightfully so.  He was also flanked by Malouda and Ribery in his later years and Djorkaeff/Pires earlier.  Throw in some Govou and Wiltord in there as well.  Not to mention Lizerazu, Thuram/Sagnol as the fullbacks.

Henry had no room...  he had to be a pure 9.  There were WC players everywhere for France.

Henry had a far far more influential impact on club than Suarez has to date. Suarez has been better as a NT player.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:08 pm

Suarez will be elite for a couple of yrs ATLEAST anyway so this debate would be put to bed pretty soon if there's still some doubts.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:10 pm

Suarez will never be the focal point while messi and/or neymar are there... he's the third wheel. Henry was the focal point at Arsenal and everything fell on his shoulders.

So there is no comparison anyhow.

Teams don't gear to stop Suarez... they gear to stop Messi/Neymar and then hope that will starve Suarez of balls. At Arsenal, teams geared up to stop Henry first.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:31 pm

S wrote:Suarez will be elite for a couple of yrs ATLEAST anyway so this debate would be put to bed pretty soon if there's still some doubts.

And suarez will also be scrub for many years to come also when he starts to decline so people will pretty much forget all he's done, just like henry now..
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next