M99
Nishankly
Lucifer
RealGunner
Hapless_Hans
22 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Ultimate Manager Death Match - Premier League 2016/17 - Page 4 Empty Re: Ultimate Manager Death Match - Premier League 2016/17

Post by Unique Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:56 pm

completely forgot about this thread. so is my man klopp still king of the mini lge Very Happy

Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Manager Death Match - Premier League 2016/17 - Page 4 Empty Re: Ultimate Manager Death Match - Premier League 2016/17

Post by RealGunner Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:58 pm

huh, Man City have only played 2 big matches this season???
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:17 am

tbf every match is a big match in the English Premier League
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:00 pm

Games played (games newly added in red)
Arsenal - Liverpool 3-4
Spurs - Liverpool 1-1
Man United - Man City 1-2
Chelsea - Liverpool 1-2
Arsenal - Chelsea 3-0
Spurs - City 2-0
Liverpool - Man United 0-0
Chelsea - Man United 4-0
Arsenal - Tottenham 1-1
Man United - Arsenal 1-1
Chelsea - Tottenham 2-1
Man City - Chelsea 1:3
Man United - Tottenham 1:0

Standings

Conte 9 points 5 games
Klopp 8 points 4 games
Wenger 5 points 4 games
Poch 5 points 5 games
Jose 5 points 5 games
Pep 3 points 3 games

Standings translated into a points per game table
1. Klopp   2 ppg
2. Conte  1.8 ppg
3. Wenger 1.25 ppg
4. José 1 ppg
  Pep   1 ppg
  Poch 1 ppg
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:13 pm

what a thread :bow:

The most creative thread title goes to Hans :bow:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:18 am

Screw that.

Klopp :bow:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:29 am

Pep at the bottom of the list Laughing
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:10 pm

Arsenal - Liverpool 3-4
Spurs - Liverpool 1-1
Chelsea - Liverpool 1-2
Arsenal - Chelsea 3-0
Spurs - City 2-0
Chelsea - Man United 4-0
Arsenal - Tottenham 1-1
Man United - Arsenal 1-1
Chelsea - Tottenham 2-1
Man City - Chelsea 1-3
Man United - Tottenham 1-0
Man City - Arsenal 2:1
Liverpool - Man City 1-0
Tottenham - Chelsea 2-0

Standings

Klopp 11 points 5 games
Conte 9 points 6 games
Poch 8 points 6 games
Pep 6 points 5 games
Jose 5 points 5 games
Wenger 5 points 5 games

1. Klopp   2.2 ppg
2. Conte  1.5 ppg
3. Poch 1.33 ppg
4. Pep   1.2  ppg
5. José 1 ppg
  Wenger 1 ppg
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:25 am

Klopp is schooling them Proud
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:42 am

All of Klopp's games were away too :bow:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:16 am

Lot of games left to play.

Poch got this
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:46 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:All of Klopp's games were away too :bow:
Nope, we drew with MU at home Ultimate Manager Death Match - Premier League 2016/17 - Page 4 2276801876 :brickwall:
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:30 pm

Klopp wow
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:15 pm

Arsenal - Liverpool 3-4
Spurs - Liverpool 1-1
Chelsea - Liverpool 1-2
Arsenal - Chelsea 3-0
Spurs - City 2-0
Chelsea - Man United 4-0
Arsenal - Tottenham 1-1
Man United - Arsenal 1-1
Chelsea - Tottenham 2-1
Man City - Chelsea 1-3
Liverpool - Man City 1-0
Tottenham - Chelsea 2-0
Man United - Liverpool 1-1
Man City - Tottenham 2-2

Standings

Klopp 12 points 6 games
Conte 9 points 6 games
Poch 9 points 7 games
Pep 7 points 6 games
Jose 6 points 6 games
Wenger 5 points 5 games

1. Klopp   2 ppg
2. Conte  1.5 ppg
3. Poch 1.29 ppg
4. Pep   1.166 ppg
5. José 1 ppg
  Wenger 1 ppg
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:27 pm

Can't wait for Conte to school Klopp and Wenger in the next week and claim his throne tbh.
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:47 pm

Proud

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:10 pm

Sri wrote:Proud

While I catch you here, @Sri , let's take a moment to reflect on this thread at the half way mark:

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Sri wrote:Raineri deserves to be in the mix. Also Slaven Bilic tbf.
Sri wrote:And Koeman, then we will have a much more interesting and regular update here Thumbs up

No.
This is a match between hyped managers, not between all good managers.

Besides, Everton, probably West Ham, and surely Leicester, are not teams of the same caliber as the big six.
We need a table where the performance of the manager plays the most meaningful role, and the number of star players the least meaningful.

We have now, looking at the PL table, the formation of a clear top 6 of clubs, which is exactly congruent with the 6 managers chosen to fight it out in this death match.

5th place Man United is separated from Everton by 5 points, which represents the single biggest point gap in the whole table, after the gap between 1st and 2nd place.

So we now can clearly and definitively conclude that the decision to focus on Pep, José, Klopp, Wenger, Conte and Poch was the right approach without the shadow of a doubt.

You guys wanted me to include Koeman, Bilic, Allardyce, of course Ranieri, least not last Pardiola..
This would have softened the framework of this death match to the point of meaninglessness and toothlessness:
Because while we're at it, why not include Mazzari, Puel, and Stokecelona mastermind Hughes, Moysie, main man Tony Pulis, wonderkid Eddie Howe?
And then we really would have just basically been one Aitor Karanka and one Sean Dyche away from merely replicating the Premier League table as it is.

This made no sense, and I argued as much. I'm pretty sure now you can finally understand. As for Ranieri, I said:

Hapless_Hans wrote:I explained before why Ranieri isn't included. I can explain again. After that, I'll expect the incessant questioning and second guessing of my design to stop.

This is a match between the hyped big name managers of the Prem.
Ranieri is too much of a grand-dadly, honorable gentleman that I would want him involved in this circus.
Besides, his managerial achievement of last season is beyond competition and it wouldn't do justice to this achievement, and neither the man, to have him sit at the end of this table, as he surely would. Leicester won't win many games against top teams this season. It's not a fair contest.

All right?
Moving on then.

Do you see it now? Why would we pick Raneri as the coach of Leicester, a team far inferior to those of his would-be competitors in this death match, to have to undergo this?
It wouldn't be a reflection of his performance as manager, and it would make a stupid looking table, Ranieri at the bottom with 0.7 ppg.

So, @Sri.

a "ok I guess you were right" would be nice. I don't ask for more.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:19 pm

Looking at this it just makes you wish Klopp had a better plan for facing the mid and lower table teams that play overly defensively. I also don't want to hear about the quality of our players because if anything this table shows that there's plenty of quality available. After last season and this one I think what needs to happen is a change or some kind of improved plan against that sort of team.

Still, this is very impressive.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:26 pm

LMAO Hans.

Tbf I wouldn't mind seeing wonderkid Eddie Howe in it. He's the future manager of Arsenal anyway
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:15 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Sri wrote:Proud

While I catch you here, @Sri , let's take a moment to reflect on this thread at the half way mark:

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Sri wrote:Raineri deserves to be in the mix. Also Slaven Bilic tbf.
Sri wrote:And Koeman, then we will have a much more interesting and regular update here Thumbs up

No.
This is a match between hyped managers, not between all good managers.

Besides, Everton, probably West Ham, and surely Leicester, are not teams of the same caliber as the big six.
We need a table where the performance of the manager plays the most meaningful role, and the number of star players the least meaningful.

We have now, looking at the PL table, the formation of a clear top 6 of clubs, which is exactly congruent with the 6 managers chosen to fight it out in this death match.

5th place Man United is separated from Everton by 5 points, which represents the single biggest point gap in the whole table, after the gap between 1st and 2nd place.

So we now can clearly and definitively conclude that the decision to focus on Pep, José, Klopp, Wenger, Conte and Poch was the right approach without the shadow of a doubt.

You guys wanted me to include Koeman, Bilic, Allardyce, of course Ranieri, least not last Pardiola..
This would have softened the framework of this death match to the point of meaninglessness and toothlessness:
Because while we're at it, why not include Mazzari, Puel, and Stokecelona mastermind Hughes, Moysie, main man Tony Pulis, wonderkid Eddie Howe?
And then we really would have just basically been one Aitor Karanka and one Sean Dyche away from merely replicating the Premier League table as it is.

This made no sense, and I argued as much. I'm pretty sure now you can finally understand. As for Ranieri, I said:

Hapless_Hans wrote:I explained before why Ranieri isn't included. I can explain again. After that, I'll expect the incessant questioning and second guessing of my design to stop.

Ranieri is too much of a grand-dadly, honorable gentleman that I would want him involved in this circus.
Besides, his managerial achievement of last season is beyond competition and it wouldn't do justice to this achievement, and neither the man, to have him sit at the end of this table, as he surely would. Leicester won't win many games against top teams this season. It's not a fair contest.

All right?
Moving on then.

Do you see it now? Why would we pick Raneri as the coach of Leicester, a team far inferior to those of his would-be competitors in this death match, to have to undergo this?
It wouldn't be a reflection of his performance as manager, and it would make a stupid looking table, Ranieri at the bottom with 0.7 ppg.

So, @Sri.

a "ok I guess you were right" would be nice. I don't ask for more.

Your post was already answered on Page 2:

Sri wrote:
Sri wrote:

All right?
Moving on then.

I find much fallacy and delusion in this post. So, as a forum of the posters, by the posters, and for the posters, I expect the incessant questioning and second guessing of your design to continue. This is no authoritarian regime.

Here are the Arsene-specific points, at the risk of nitpicking:

- Wenger is not 'hyped'. He's got 20 years at the top level. None of the others have matched that (yet). Mou and Klopp have already had their turns finishing mid-table. Pep is an exception(al manager). If 'hype' is your criteria, then Wenger shouldn't be on that list. Nobody is 'hyped' about Arsenal or Wenger. At best, realistically, we'll finish second or third.

- Wenger is also a grand-dadly and honorable gentleman. Heck, he's probably the only non-arrogant manager in that list. Klopp is also down to earth, but neither have ever publicly thrown their players under the bus - that is just one possbile measure of being gentlemanly. And in fact, Wenger is so much of a granddad that I find him to be a dinosaur, past his sell by date, and incapable of winning any major honors with his stubbornness and unwillingness to change.

Though I do not agree with your reasons, based on the first six game weeks, I can agree on the choice of the managers in the list. It would still be interesting to have the likes of Koeman and Rainieri in the pool, but I see the risk that it ends up becoming a case of statpadding.

I am still unconvinced by your (lack of) argument(s) on why away wins should not get more credit. :coffee:

@Hans :coffee:

:coffee:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:45 pm

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:39 pm

Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:42 pm

I can confirm an update is scheduled for later tonight
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:15 pm

Arsenal - Liverpool 3-4
Spurs - Liverpool 1-1
Chelsea - Liverpool 1-2
Arsenal - Chelsea 3-0
Spurs - City 2-0
Chelsea - Man United 4-0
Arsenal - Tottenham 1-1
Man United - Arsenal 1-1
Chelsea - Tottenham 2-1
Man City - Chelsea 1-3
Liverpool - Man City 1-0
Tottenham - Chelsea 2-0
Man United - Liverpool 1-1
Man City - Tottenham 2-2
Liverpool - Chelsea 1-1
Chelsea - Arsenal 3-1
Liverpool - Tottenham 2-0

Standings

Klopp 16 points 8 games
Conte 13 points 8 games
Poch 9 points 8 games
Pep 7 points 6 games
Jose 6 points 6 games
Wenger 5 points 6 games

1. Klopp   2 ppg
2. Conte  1.625 ppg
3. Pep 1.166 ppg
4. Poch 1.125 ppg
5. José 1 ppg
6. Wenger 0.833 ppg
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:43 pm

A few observation at this point, almost 2 thirds through the season:

- Klopp the only manager still unbeaten in a top 6 matchup

- if we compare the ppg of this top 6 death match with the overall ppg of the teams which are:

Klopp 1.96 (overall) vs 2 (top 6 death match)
Conte 2.458 vs 1.625
Pep 2.04 vs 1.16
Poch 2 vs 1.125
Jose 1.92 vs 1
Wenger 2 vs 0.833

we can see that Klopp is the only manager where the top 6 ppg is HIGHER than the overall ppg lmao, which is really crazy.

With all other managers, the overall ppg average is by far higher than the record against the fellow top sides, usually by a ratio of about 2/1 (only Conte ca. 1.5/1), Wenger's even more than 2/1

- we can conclude that Klopp OVERPERFORMS against top sides while Wenger strongly UNDERPERFORMS against top sides, with the others being relatively normal flat-track bullies

- this surely accounts for a good part of the hype Klopp gets vs the hate Wenger gets, even though Wenger overall collected one more point than Klopp - Arsenal fans are continually frustrated in the banter war surrounding big games, while Liverpool fans can get deluded into thinking they're better than they actually are as the big game record is above average.
For anyone wondering why the respective fanbases, and their attitude towards their managers, are the way they are, here is the explanation in simple numbers.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:38 am

That's part of the story, but not the entirety of it.

That said, kudos for backing it up with some stats. God knows we need more fact based statements these days.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next