Kaladin
MaraVilla
Lucifer
Great Leader Sprucenuce
S
52 posters

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Arsenal Vs Barcelona (CL 2015/16) - Page 10 Empty Re: Arsenal Vs Barcelona (CL 2015/16)

Post by Myesyats Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:43 pm

Arsenal Vs Barcelona (CL 2015/16) - Page 10 Minion-stuart-dance-gif-1445349814n84gk

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Arsenal Vs Barcelona (CL 2015/16) - Page 10 Empty Re: Arsenal Vs Barcelona (CL 2015/16)

Post by CBarca Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:43 pm

Hard for me to put any blame on Giroud...despite Arsenal trying to attack, he was isolated. Pretty clear that Welbeck is a better overall player though and I would personally pick Welbeck over Giroud any day of the week.

Not sure what Sri is on about. Good game, good win, my oh my MSN. I think Arsenal are unlucky not to get on the scoresheet really but both teams missed chances. As I said earlier I simply didn't see Arsenal's style of approaching Barca as sustainable throughout the game, especially if they planned on staying positive against Barca.

Koscielny proving again that he should have been bought by Barca years ago. I've been waiting for his arrival for like 3 years now ffs
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:45 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:Subs:

Bravo, Vermaelen, Mathieu, Adriano, Sergi Roberto, Vidal, Munir

Ospina, Chambers, Gibbs, Flamini, Campbell, Welbeck, Walcott

Park it for 70 minutes, then throw on Walcott and Welbeck, then put on Flamini for the final five for banter hmm

Wenga I was kidding mate Sad

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:47 pm

CBarca wrote:Hard for me to put any blame on Giroud...despite Arsenal trying to attack, he was isolated. Pretty clear that Welbeck is a better overall player though and I would personally pick Welbeck over Giroud any day of the week.

Not sure what Sri is on about. Good game, good win, my oh my MSN. I think Arsenal are unlucky not to get on the scoresheet really but both teams missed chances. As I said earlier I simply didn't see Arsenal's style of approaching Barca as sustainable throughout the game, especially if they planned on staying positive against Barca.

Koscielny proving again that he should have been bought by Barca years ago. I've been waiting for his arrival for like 3 years now ffs
rofl
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:47 pm

CBarca wrote:
Not sure what Sri is on about.

I said we did well to stay in the game for so long, and that our attack sucks donkeyballs on the best of days. That is what I am on about - criticizing my team. It happens to be something that I have been on about for months now, just to put things in context.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:48 pm

love how allot of arsenal fans think they were the better team Laughing do they not watch barca? we wear you down and down and down and down, then switch gears after 60/70minutes and control the game and finish it off. been doing it all season long. and if we cant penetrate the box we give the opposition more posession so we can counter. plz educate
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:48 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:

Park it for 70 minutes, then throw on Walcott and Welbeck, then put on Flamini for the final five for banter hmm

Wenga I was kidding mate Sad

You should really watch what you post on GL hmm

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:48 pm

Boring game and boring result. Arsenal impressed more than Barcelona. Their immature decisions in front of goal costed them. With better attackers result would be different
Kebab
Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:49 pm

Arsenal were unlucky. They had some very great moments here and there but just couldn't get it in.

Despite defeat (and not including Flamini), I was impressed with there work
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:49 pm

Collblanc wrote:love how allot of arsenal fans think they were the better team Laughing do they not watch barca? we wear you down and down and down and down, then switch gears after 60/70minutes and control the game and finish it off. been doing it all season long. and if we cant penetrate the box we give the opposition more posession so we can counter. plz educate

which arsenal fans?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:50 pm

Collblanc wrote:love how allot of arsenal fans think they were the better team Laughing do they not watch barca? we wear you down and down and down and down, then switch gears after 60/70minutes and control the game and finish it off. been doing it all season long. and if we cant penetrate the box we give the opposition more posession so we can counter. plz educate

Nobody said we were the better team.

I am saying that I felt happy that we were not 5-0 down at half time.

Oh and I barely make time to watch my own team these days. I don't feel sorry about being ignorant of how teams in other leagues play.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:50 pm

was just about to edit
http://arsenal-mania.com/forum/threads/ucl-arsenal-v-barcelona-23-02-16-19-45.28854
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:52 pm

windkick wrote:Arsenal were unlucky. They had some very great moments here and there but just couldn't get it in.

Flamini substitution was one thing with no logic or rationale. Will never ever understand some of the things Wenga does.

That work you mention is the big positive for me today. The result was never in doubt. The lack of efficiency in front of goal is not something new. But to see the defense doing a halfway decent job for about 70 minutes was a definite positive that I hope we carry into the domestic competitions in the remaining months.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:53 pm

nazimali12 wrote:Boring game and boring result. Arsenal impressed more than Barcelona. Their immature decisions in front of goal costed them. With better attackers result would be different

Yea that's the thing. barcelona didnt even need to use any special tactics or play as their usual great self. We have faced teams who gave us far more trouble this season

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:53 pm

Collblanc wrote:was just about to edit
http://arsenal-mania.com/forum/threads/ucl-arsenal-v-barcelona-23-02-16-19-45.28854

Well, that forum has 'mania' is the title. I don't expect anything but maniacs there :coffee:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:54 pm

RealGunner wrote:
nazimali12 wrote:Boring game and boring result. Arsenal impressed more than Barcelona. Their immature decisions in front of goal costed them. With better attackers result would be different

Yea that's the thing. barcelona didnt even need to use any special tactics or play as their usual great self. We have faced teams who gave us far more trouble this season

You're right in a way. The Bayern game felt tougher. But maybe because we thought we had a chance against them, while this had 'rout' written all over it anyway.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:56 pm

What makes that Flamini sub worse is that Elneny was sitting on the bench and could have easily slotted into midfield for the final 10 minutes.

The lack of talent in midfield for us makes me cry, especially after Busquets had such a great game for Barcelona. If only we had a DM/CM that good.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:59 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:What makes that Flamini sub worse is that Elneny was sitting on the bench and could have easily slotted into midfield for the final 10 minutes.

The lack of talent in midfield for us makes me cry, especially after Busquets had such a great game for Barcelona. If only we had a DM/CM that good.

Another Wenger masterpiece this.

I would hate to see him go, but I don't see us winning shit under him. Being brutally honest here.

The worst part of it is, if he leaves, we'd end up like United in all probability in trying to replace him.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:00 pm

ES wrote:RG is a fan of Barca and Arsenal, he'll be pleased with the tie (:

Something tells me he wasn't so pleased that Flamini decided to play for both teams Laughing
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:03 pm

srigooner wrote:
windkick wrote:Arsenal were unlucky. They had some very great moments here and there but just couldn't get it in.

Flamini substitution was one thing with no logic or rationale. Will never ever understand some of the things Wenga does.

That work you mention is the big positive for me today. The result was never in doubt. The lack of efficiency in front of goal is not something new. But to see the defense doing a halfway decent job for about 70 minutes was a definite positive that I hope we carry into the domestic competitions in the remaining months.

No doubt; I think Arsenal cam take allot of positives from today to help propel them going forward to the end of the season.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:04 pm

srigooner wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:What makes that Flamini sub worse is that Elneny was sitting on the bench and could have easily slotted into midfield for the final 10 minutes.

I would hate to see him go, but I don't see us winning shit under him. Being brutally honest here.

The worst part of it is, if he leaves, we'd end up like United in all probability in trying to replace him.

See I don't want to go that far. Wenger actually got his tactics right tonight, up until the first goal. The defending was good, helped by a good shape. The players were doing as they were told until a couple lost their focus and let the team down. On one level, Wenger must think he can rely on an experienced player like Flamini not to do something stupid in the final 10 minutes of the game when his team is a goal down and he was let down big time there too. On the other hand, the fans could see it was a disastrous move from a mile off.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:04 pm

Sadly we will lose the league in a similar fashion
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:10 pm

You almost got it right regarding the subs hmm Unfortunately, there was no banter.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:11 pm

Depends on your point of view Thimmy, i definitely think it was banter tbh. Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:15 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:
srigooner wrote:

See I don't want to go that far. Wenger actually got his tactics right tonight, up until the first goal. The defending was good, helped by a good shape. The players were doing as they were told until a couple lost their focus and let the team down. On one level, Wenger must think he can rely on an experienced player like Flamini not to do something stupid in the final 10 minutes of the game when his team is a goal down and he was let down big time there too. On the other hand, the fans could see it was a disastrous move from a mile off.

I agree with this. One thing to note that is that playing that high tempo game Arsenal played in the first half with Barca's pressing all game is only gonna wear you down as the game goes on. Wenger set his team up perfectly tonight and had it not been for a few good saves from TerStegen or lack of luck, one could say, from Ramsey and Arsenal could of been up a few goals before Messi even got his in. I wouldn't put this loss on Wenger, as he pretty much set his team up to succeed and the team delivered as instructed but just weren't lucky.

The only thing I can blame Wenger for is not bothering to get a striker during the summer or the winter. The club has the cash to go out and get someone and yet he acts like the club is working with Leyton Orients transfer kitty. Because Arsenal were set up good on all fronts tonight except at the scoring end when it mattered. That wasn't bad tactics.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:16 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:On one level, Wenger must think he can rely on an experienced player like Flamini not to do something stupid in the final 10 minutes of the game when his team is a goal down ...

If he is that naive that he can't see how cancerous Flamini on the pitch is, with all this time managing a club in the top flight, then I have nothing more to say about this.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next