MaraVilla
Grande_Milano
Firenze
33 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Manga and Anime  - Page 38 Empty Re: Manga and Anime

Post by M99 Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:41 pm

Yeah. I've read all the gaiden except the ones that have not been translated (Rindaman, Birth Of Housen, Manji Family). Also watched all three movies before even reading Crows. Followed the whole series chronologically.

Agree on Worst having the better story. It had as much focus on Armament as it did on Suzuran. I can see why author used a different name as the title Crows refers to Suzuran and the manga focused on the whole town. But still it was mainly Armament and a bit of Housen, I wish Sera and his school had more screen time and development.

But I still liked Crows better because of the character. Bouya, Ebizuka Trio, Rindaman, Yasu>>>>>>almost everyone in Worst. I did not care about the Worst characters like I did for the,. I think my fav character in Worst was Zetton and he is a Crows character. Even others like Bitou brothers, Bulldog, Ryuushin I felt were better than their Worst counterparts.

I actually had Clover and Out recommended to me. After asking around I've been recommended Clover, Out, GTO, Rainbow, and Angel Densetsu.

I really wonder...who would win in Rindaman vs Hanaki Guriko hmm

M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:45 pm

btw Clover and Out are both translated by the guy that translated Worst too, so you know they're of similar quality. GTO and Angel Densetsu are comedy heavy, GTO I quit 75% in, it's good but every arc gets veyr repetitive, also only loosely a delinquent series. I don't consider those two to be the same kinda thing at all.

A lot of people think Bouya can beat Guriko, and I've actually had many discussions about it years ago, as far as I'm concerned Rindaman and Guriko are the two strongest characters in the series and are obviously supposed to occupy by same unbeatable foe archtype in both series, but, Guriko was undefeated from the day he set foot in town as a freshman until the the series ended (also has better feats IMO). On the flipside, he didn't have someone on the level of Bouya to contend with like Rindaman did.

only thing with Guriko which I think makes some people discredit his feats are that a lot of time he's used for the comedy.

Clover's like 400 chapters long btw but it's an insanely fast read. Also I don't think it becomes great until like 150 chapters in, at least it didn't for me. I recommend it again, though. Try Out first IMO though.

btw my series ranking is Worst > QP > Crows

and since QP is set in the same universe, canonically he's almost certainly the strongest character, which I don't like, it gets kinda absurd when he's doing handstands over trained assassins. I loved QP overall though.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:51 pm

all of the Takahashi Hiroshi gaidens have been translated yeah, did you read the one about Kizu Kyousuke? that was kinda hard to track down back in the day, but it's arguably my favourite. Parko's friend.

There are a lot of spinoffs not handled by Takakhashi Hiroshi though, because the series is such a huge cash cow (a Guriko gaiden set with him in middle school recently started and apparently sold 700k copies after 2 volumes) but IMO, they all suck. Except Crows Zero 2 from Hirakawa.

Manga and Anime  - Page 38 Takahashi-Hiroshi-universe-series-information
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:58 pm

Yep, I did read the Kizu gaiden. Seen the chart you posted earlier too. I did not bother reading the Zero mangas because I've seen the movies. Crows Explode was pretty needless tbh. Didn't like it.

As epic as the Manji vs everyone arc in Worst was...Parko And The Dangerers is my favorite of the series. Basically Avengers in manga form, even has the Endgame "on your left" moment Laughing
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:18 am

how did you see the chart?

you secretly in the discord channel I pulled that from? if not you should join it tbh, there's even a football channel. Some absolute numpties in there though.

Yeah, see, I haven't watched Crows Explode and most fans consider it non-canon. The first 2 were made by Takashi Miike, who is obviously a big director in Japan. Explode was a cash grab that wasn't nearly as popular at doesn't really fit in the timeline.

I wouldn't recommend it with so much other stuff to read, but I watched Crows Zero 2 and still immensely enjoyed the manga, it fleshed out more of the characters and had a lot that wasn't in the movie. Only problem is that I didn't think the author characterised Genji like he is in the movies.

Parko and the Dangerers is actually iconic. I've seen some characters in random manga wearing the shirts lol. I think it's tied with the Town vs Manji arc as my favourite.

What was your favourite fight in the series? had to be Bouya vs Rindaman at the shrine. But I really liked Hana vs Amachi too.

One thing I didn't like was that towards the end of Worst a lot of the fights kinda were off-paneled, an interview with Hiroshi said he really didn't like drawing fights much because it's so difficult to do properly. Which is odd, because Jank Runk is entirely action.

ngl, couple of moments in the series actually made me tear up. End of the Parko and Dangerers arc, when Jinnai starts calling for his Mum, it kinda sunk in that they were just kids (although kinda hard to do when it's a recurrent theme in delinquent manga where they're 16 and look 35 lol)

also Tesshou was a WTF moment in Worst at the time. But I really liked it, really hammered home how random life can be.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:21 am

anyway, ignore the word vomit. Just hyped, I think I brought up CxW here a few times over the years trying to get some people into it and nobody seemed interested, so you mentioning it was a pleasant surprise. :bow:
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:42 am

Zetton and his generation are my favourite in the series btw

I think maybe because they were a presence in both Crows and Worst. I really liked King Joe too.

I still think I liked Worst characters slightly more. Was a big Amachi fan, Sera, Guriko (second fav char after Zetton) Renji, Sakota, Takumi, Mitsumasa etc.

I'm still kinda annoyed that Sera jobbed a lot in Worst lol. smh.

in Crows I only cared about Zetton's gen, Bouya and Parko and Co. Never liked Bulldog or the Bitou Brothers and Ryushin was the worst armament guy after the fodder third gen to me.

I always wondered,if I had read Crows before Worst, if it would have been my favourite. After re-reading the series a handful of times, I really kinda started to see how TH recycled a lot of themes and archetypes throughout his works. But Worst felt fresh at the time.

Bouya's one of the GOAT protags though IMO

Hiroshi recently announced he's making a Gaiden based on Tyrone btw lol, makes me wonder if he's gonna do a full sequel now he's had a few years off from delinquent stuff, I'm split on wanting it and thinking he's done as much as he can creatively in the genre after 25 years of it.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:39 am

Think I've seen the chart on Suzuran High forum. I was looking for if anyone translated the other gaidens and saw that posted there.

Favorite fight is hands down Bouya vs Rindaman. Second is the first Bouya vs Ryushiin fight where Bouya was losing but then used a chokehold. Third is Hana vs Hishashi.

The manga did have emotional moments. Zetton gen's graduation and Hana's gen graduation was the most emotional for me.

Favorite gen is Bouya/Ebizuka Trio for me. Zetton's is 2nd. I also really liked Genji/Serizawa from the movies. It felt good to see their names listed on Suzuran legends in Worst.

I'm really interested in Tyrone Laughing Would love reading his gaiden. According to Saigo No Worst gaiden, he is the second strongest in town in his time after Miyamoto Sanmon. I don't think he's gonna write anymore, that really felt like an epilogue while the Next Crows gaiden felt like the build up to a sequel.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:28 pm

I really liked the pacing in the series overall, obviously when you marathon something the pacing is generally gonna feel good but it never felt like there was a boring chapter.

The Graduation chapters were generally the best in the series IMO. Yeah, Zetton's gen graduating was kinda emotional since they were like the one constant in both series (even though they leave Worst 1/3 through.) I also liked that most characters just leave the series and are never seen again, left me wondering from time to time what they were up to just like real life graduation and people you hadn't seen in forever. There also isn't any glamourising the delinquent life for 'em, like Shougo just retires and goes to work at a shop with his brother.

I really liked Genji & Serizawa too. Funny thing is, these guys are in literally everything in Japan now though, look up anything anime/manga live action and the actors are in them lol. I think CxW was something that made them...explode.I liked Serizawa more than Genji in the movies.

Yeah I think Tyrone Gaiden is due out early 2020. Wasn't too surprised about him being the second strongest in town (and eventual strongest) since he fit the Outsider legend. Only thing I'm not that hyped about is the art. The author'#s style changed a lot over the years and I think it became pretty great during Worst, but nowadays everyone has fat face syndrome lol, look like different characters when he draws them often in artwork nowadays. Author has an Instagram and always posts stuff like this on there

Manga and Anime  - Page 38 Bdb1e9f1e18e3d912d60a45ac80c341f

would have been a goat fight :bow:

anyway, let me know if you end up reading Out or Clover and what you think of them
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:46 pm

@RealGunner delete the last page please
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:53 pm

calma

these series are shounen but without being corny oddly, give them a chance ffs
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:08 pm

Kaladin wrote:@RealGunner delete the last page please

looooool.

The best delinquent manga by FAR is Angel Densetsu. One of the GOATs.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:55 pm

comedic trash that gets stale after 3 chapters tbh m8

speaking of delinquents though, I may have mentioned it here recently but I'm following Ahiru No Sora, best sports anime I've seen since Haikyuu (only sports anime I've seen since Haikyuu, but technicalties etc) really good so far, airing atm. Gonna be 50 eps long and currently 5 have aired.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:17 pm

out

more complex story than most of your trash mangas
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:52 pm

They've actually put Haikyu on netflix now. Might finish season 2 afterall
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:44 pm

Wolf Children is an incredible film. Animation is beautiful and the story will give you serious feels.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:57 pm

Yea definitely. One of my favs.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:56 pm

shame the director is very hit and miss, he's made some great stuff, and also some stuff that should have been great but were a disappointment (Boy and The Beast, his most recent movie by all accounts - Mirai of the Future.)

Wolf Children and The Girl Who Leapt Through Time are all time greats though
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:46 am

*Has home office"

*Doesnt see wife and kids all day*

Sounds about right. Laughing

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:50 pm

The manga Sunny by the author of Ping Pong is great. Very Inio Asano-ish in its story. Official translation by Viz felt so refreshing to read after reading some trash scanslation at first. The 70s Japan setting is masterfully laid out by the author through several minor details. You can tell how close to home the story and setting was for the author.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:16 pm

I wanted to read it for several years before finding the official translations about 10-12 months ago. One of the best manga I've read in years.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:19 pm

takemitsuzamurai from the same author is also very quirky and worth a read, samurai manga with all of the tropes yet very unique, has big slice of life elements.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:20 pm

Black clover might be the worst shonen i have ever seen.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:21 pm

Also Vinland saga's anime is absolutely fantastic. it's so hard to translate that sort of manga into anime but well done to the studio. Everything is spot on.

Forgot what GOAT characters Askeladd and Thorkell are.

Refresh amazon prime every sunday at 5pm ffs
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:29 pm

RealGunner wrote:Also Vinland saga's anime is absolutely fantastic. it's so hard to translate that sort of manga into anime but well done to the studio. Everything is spot on.

shame it's likely a 1 and done.

been watching it too

also picked up kimetsu no yaiba again, cookier cutter shounen jump series but the animation really is bonkers
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:49 pm

RealGunner wrote:Also Vinland saga's anime is absolutely fantastic. it's so hard to translate that sort of manga into anime but well done to the studio. Everything is spot on.

Watch Your Name on Prime ffs. Not gonna be any boxset, director is releasing films every three years. Weathering With You is coming to NA theaters next month, hyped for it.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next