Curtinho
Hapless_Hans
Helmer
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Newcastle United vs Liverpool - Page 3 Empty Re: Newcastle United vs Liverpool

Post by Unique Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:29 pm

hard work should not beat talent as easy and often as it does imo.

Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:39 pm

meh it has been our problem for years and the problem solved for s short time when Suarez was there. So the solution to this was either Lallana or Coutinho or at least Henderson on the pitch with his clever passing. So Klopp selected a wrong team today.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:37 am

Our players are poor technically. Gives me cancer just watching it. Specially midfielders, defenders, and goalkeeper.

It goes unnoticed when we play in transition and we have space to operate.They have good work ethic to press and fight but technically we need better.

Milner, Allen Lucas jesus watching the 3 of them pass to each other was just death.

Also Sakho cannot come back sooner, he's so good on the ball and with his passing that it's day and night between him and Lovren/Skrtel. For example there was a moment in the game where Skrtel had the ball and Clyne was on the run to his right with plenty of space and Skrtel hits a 10 yard pass behind him, instead of in front of him. Completely kills the attack and gives Newcastle defenders time to get back in their system. That happens so often that we never get a good attack going. Our players generally need 2-3 touches each to get control of a ball. So seldom do we actually play it quickly to each other.

Ugh, I'm just frustrated.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:16 am

Don't call me James wrote:Our players are poor technically. Gives me cancer just watching it. Specially midfielders, defenders, and goalkeeper.

It goes unnoticed when we play in transition and we have space to operate.They have good work ethic to press and fight but technically we need better.

Milner, Allen Lucas jesus watching the 3 of them pass to each other was just death.

Also Sakho cannot come back sooner, he's so good on the ball and with his passing that it's day and night between him and Lovren/Skrtel. For example there was a moment in the game where Skrtel had the ball and Clyne was on the run to his right with plenty of space and Skrtel hits a 10 yard pass behind him, instead of in front of him. Completely kills the attack and gives Newcastle defenders time to get back in their system. That happens so often that we never get a good attack going. Our players generally need 2-3 touches each to get control of a ball. So seldom do we actually play it quickly to each other.

all of that is true. but at the end of the day we have far better players. and a far better manager than Newcastle and palace. yet it didn't take much for them to beat us. losing to teams like that really pisses me off. if we get smashed by a good team then fair play. I can take that on the chin no probs. but football logic says if you have better players and a better manager you should for most parts beat teams like this. but time and time again they beat us. klopp or Rodgers it don't matter. its the same shit. how and why do we allways lose to teams like this. Evil or Very Mad
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:03 am

Don't understand the meltdown here. First and foremost we have tell ourselves one very important thing that this team doesn't have quality to dominate teams week in week out. Whatever the good results are they are due to tactics of manager and not the exceptional skills of player. So these results are bound to happen especially in initial stages as the team is far from end product. What I like even yesterday is attitude of players and their dedication to work their ass off. I remember the match against WHU this season where the team just shut off when they were pressurised. Actually most of matches last season had same storyline once u start pressuring the team would just switch off and drag with the wind. Not this team though this team has developed the bull dog attitude. Now regarding midfield problem I hate to say but I did say this even when team was doing well. The midfield lacks quality and variation, all three CM are of same mould. What they lack is ability to control games and neutralize the opponent defence and then maybe unlock it when they sit deep with the key passes. Either kloppo should buy someone or create one, maybe Can, no two ways about it. Also instead of results atleast this season we should be primarily concerned with the growth graph
let's not behave like these are bunch of world beaters and should therefore bring victory regardless of anything. Whats important is Klopp taking notes of problems and and try to eliminate them in upcoming matches. And this the thing am very certain of. This team will be making Lots if mistakes but they got Manager who will make sure that they doesn't get repeated. Let's give time people!

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:45 am

Our team looked shit because of the team selection. Ibe Firminho and benteke infront of 2 average at best CM's and a DM. Full well knwoing Firminho looks his best when Cou is by his side, full well knowing Ibe is a raw product learning the trade and full well knowing Bentke isn't a player who is going to start an attack. What did we expect for the first 60-70 mins, of course they were going to do nothing.

I'm dropping the points on Klopp, hopefully he learns that a lot of teams will park the bus against us and having no real creative force makes their job easy for them. If relegation fodlers like Newcastle can beat us parking the bus, then any team can if we field no creative sparks.

Honestly this and the CP game highlight the need for a creative spark, in the midfield three, no more combinations of 3 players who can't provide any push foprward.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:03 pm

Unique wrote:
iftikhar wrote:Well it was heartbreaking. But let's move on.
until we lose against rubbish again.
Come on matey, if we can take the exhilaration of Chelsea, City and Southampton games; we have to take the disappointments of the Palace and Castle games too.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:09 pm

No we dont have to Laughing it is clearly a problem in our team and Klopp would take care of it gradually. And Can missing yesterday did not make it easy yesterday. Can may be clumsy and careless at times but we missed him badly yesterday.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:30 pm

Helmer wrote:No we dont have to Laughing it is clearly a problem in our team and Klopp would take care of it gradually. And Can missing yesterday did not make it easy yesterday. Can may be clumsy and careless at times but we missed him badly yesterday.
We have to until then Wink.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:19 pm

Bleh. Pretty depressing loss, but all part of the growing process. At some point this team is going to need to learn to break down parked defenses if we ever want to challenge for the title. You can destroy the best teams in the league by as many goals as you want, but it's the consistency in beating the other 15 or so teams in the league that makes champions.

Not really much to say, Lucas and Allen were pretty poor. Actually only Ibe and Lovren really looked like they gave a ****. Skrtel to me, honestly, needs to be replaced. He just always sits soooooo deep and I think it is a big part of why we were scored on and why he ends up with so many own goals. He invites too much pressure and tries too much to rely on last ditch tackles and doesn't close down in time. That would be fine if our whole team played deep (including midfield, like Newcastle did) but they don't. He's a heart and soul player but I just don't think he's good enough for Liverpool, at least not with what we want to accomplish moving forward and the way that Klopp has us playing.

Other than that it was clear we were missing creativity. Why didn't Tex play? A prime game for him to come in and help open up. Someone like Tex, Lallana or Coutinho needs to be in the side against a team like this that is sitting back with all their players. Players with a real eye for a pass or the ability to create space for others consistently, even if it means taking more risks.

Not much else to say. We can complain about the offside call being wrong but as Klopp said...we can't expect the linesman to win the game for us when we play so poorly overall.

Hopefully we see a rejuvenated team against Sion, even if we've already qualified.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:44 am

Typical. Laughing

At the end of the day, the squad still needs an overhaul. Still a lot of passengers in the side.

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:51 am

Unique wrote:
Don't call me James wrote:Our players are poor technically. Gives me cancer just watching it. Specially midfielders, defenders, and goalkeeper.

all of that is true. but at the end of the day we have far better players. and a far better manager than Newcastle and palace. yet it didn't take much for them to beat us. losing to teams like that really pisses me off. if we get smashed by a good team then fair play. I can take that on the chin no probs. but football logic says if you have better players and a better manager you should for most parts beat teams like this. but time and time again they beat us. klopp or Rodgers it don't matter. its the same shit. how and why do we allways lose to teams like this. Evil or Very Mad

"We are a bigger club, we should win" is the one of the sole reasons the club has failed (in the league) in the last 2 decades or so.

This whole complacency shit pisses me off. And the attitude comes from both the players and the fans.

Yes, we have "better players", yes, we are a "bigger club" than most, but if you're not going to put in a performance worthy of winning you don't deserve the 3 points. And football is not played like that or what the *bleep* the point of playing the game?

At the end of the day, Newcastle AND Crystal Palace deserved the 3 points because we weren't good enough.

We need to stop expecting wins because "we're Liverpool".

This isn't directed solely at you. I just see these sort of comments everywhere and it's just wrong.

The likes of United, Chelsea, City in the passed made they sure they came out with 3 points regardless of performance. We just assume that the 3 points are just going to be gifted. This attitude has somewhat changed under Klopp, but there's still visible holes in the squad and Klopp can only do so much with the squad given to him.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3