CBarca
M99
Jonathan28
23 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Games Discussion - Page 12 Empty Re: General Games Discussion

Post by M99 Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:15 am

Thoroughly entertaining feud. Should be nominated for feud of the year along with RG vs Dnmac and LeVersacci vs Unique.

M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:17 am

Fine example, if i cared about someones opinion of a game. Then i would get into more arguments with M99 considering he thinks that awful Skyrim is top 5 :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:21 am

RedOranje wrote:Yea, the "Disappointing" category tends to be tougher than it might seem initially, because a shitty game that you expected to be shitty doesn't really count, whereas as a decent game you expected to be fantastic possibly could.

Favorite: (Very tough to call, because there's a lot to choose from, but if i had to narrow it down:)

-Viewtiful Joe
-Mass Effect 2
-Metroid Prime
-Shadow of the Colossus
-FFX

Special Mention: Paper Mario, Persona 4, TLOU, MGS3

Disaappointing:

-Brink
-FFXIII
-LoZ Skyward Sword
-Castlevania: Lords of SHadow
-Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)

Special Mention: Fable 3, Watchdogs, Lair, Deadspace 3
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:23 am

Knew ES would have Metroid Prime Proud I nearly did myself tbh.

New one pls.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:23 am

ES wrote:
RedOranje wrote:Yea, the "Disappointing" category tends to be tougher than it might seem initially, because a shitty game that you expected to be shitty doesn't really count, whereas as a decent game you expected to be fantastic possibly could.

Favorite: (Very tough to call, because there's a lot to choose from, but if i had to narrow it down:)

-Viewtiful Joe
-Mass Effect 2
-Metroid Prime
-Shadow of the Colossus
-FFX

Disaappointing:

-Brink
-FFXIII
-LoZ Skyward Sword

Have you played any of the older FF games? hmm
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:24 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:
Dragonball Z Budokai 2 and 3

This game used to end friendships lmao, especially the tournament mode, i remember i used to pick 100% perferct form Cell and just kick the shit out of anyone (automatic disqualification) Laughing
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:26 am

Thimmy wrote:
ES wrote:

-Viewtiful Joe
-Mass Effect 2
-Metroid Prime
-Shadow of the Colossus
-FFX

Disaappointing:

-Brink
-FFXIII
-LoZ Skyward Sword

Have you played any of the older FF games? hmm

Yep, all of them actually, though 8 and 9 i couldnt beat the last boss, just gave up Laughing

Its FFX>VI>IV=VIII>the rest for me
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:26 am

Lords of Shadow would probably be on an unexpected game i loved top 5 if i were to do one.

Had no expectations for it but i loved it, heard the 2nd one was awful though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:29 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Lords of Shadow would probably be on an unexpected game i loved top 5 if i were to do one.

Had no expectations for it but i loved it, heard the 2nd one was awful though.

They made a 2nd one? Laughing

PS: You can have your avatr back if you want, will change it
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:31 am

Yeah, apparently there was a present day part to it Laughing

Sounded awful, as for the avatar that's not why i changed it lol. I just felt like it, can do what you want i don't own eeyore lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:31 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:M99 ... thinks that ... Skyrim is top 5 :coffee:

Time to redirect my attention... You can sleep at night now Mole.
\FFX was my favorite FF before I replayed VI

M99 DO YOU EVEN MORROWIND?
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:34 am

FFX is the only FF i have enjoyed Laughing Mainly because of Blitzball :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:35 am

I liked FF X, but personally, I thought the story was just decent when compared to previous installments in the franchise. And I'm sure a lot of people would disagree with me, but I thought Tidus was a whiny little booger and the other characters were relatively generic. Awful voice acting, too Laughing The visual improvements were massive, though, and I loved Blitzball. I wish I'd never picked up X-2.

Who'd've thought there'd be this many people on GL that thought FF7 is overrated hmm
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:03 am

I don't find FF7 overrated, just down to personal preference tbh
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:08 am

ES wrote:I don't find FF7 overrated, just down to personal preference tbh

It's widely considered to be the best Final Fantasy game by quite some distance. Not mentioning FF7 at all in a top 3 FF games is a pretty good indication that one thinks it's overrated Razz
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:09 am

I have noticed a general correlation between peoples first FF played and peoples favorite.

For a huge amount of westerners the PS1 and FF7 was their first FF experience so thats what's the most popular.

What I've noticed that when people have played the entire series that they rate VI and their first as highest.

Also X-2 was fantastic gameplay-wise and my favorite combat of the entire series... just the art direction and story...
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:12 am

Phritz wrote:I have noticed a general correlation between peoples first FF played and peoples favorite.

Think you can apply that to most long standing series tbh.

Last edited by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:14 am

Phritz wrote:I have noticed a general correlation between peoples first FF played and peoples favorite.

It's the same with the Call of Duty franchise.

For a huge amount of westerners the PS1 and FF7 was their first FF experience so thats what's the most popular.

What I've noticed that when people have played the entire series that they rate VI and their first as highest.

Also X-2 was fantastic gameplay-wise and my favorite combat of the entire series... just the art direction and story...

I agree. They did many things right with the game, but the premise.. the setting, the story.. just.. no.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:34 am

Thimmy wrote:
ES wrote:I don't find FF7 overrated, just down to personal preference tbh

It's widely considered to be the best Final Fantasy game by quite some distance. Not mentioning FF7 at all in a top 3 FF games is a pretty good indication that one thinks it's overrated Razz

Yo, sorry i got mixed up, VII (not VIII) was=IV (i got mixed with roman numerals Laughing)

Like i said, i couldn;t finish VIII and XI lol

Thimmy wrote:Not mentioning FF7 at all in a top 3 FF games is a pretty good indication that one thinks it's overrated Razz

Nah, its just what i liked more not that "i don't agree with people's ratings on the game"

IV was the first i played, and it just wowed me when i first got into it. FFX, connected with 10yr old me on a personal level (as stupid as that sounds Laughing). I hadn't played FF7 until after i finished X, so yeah.

But anyways, i could easily as put VI or IV as my favorite, but looking back extensively, i might have to switch IV and VI around, it has one of the best villains in the series (if not the best), I cared for all of the characters far more then VII for some reason. The story was beautiful and amazing, Locke and Celes,Terra and Edgar, Cyans family, Shadow's regret. Hell, the world gets destroyed. and freaking Kefka. That sinister bastard. Loved it

FFVII may have its legacy, which i respect. But Final Fantasy VI for me i enjoyed more, more enjoyable game to play now, and forever.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:51 am

I was also just a kid when FF X came out. I really loved the game and I still remember how much I admired the graphics in it, which was, by far, the best graphics I'd seen in any game at the time. It didn't captivate me as much as FF 7-9 did, though. FF 7 was the first Final Fantasy game I got, and it was the first game that I sunk a lot of time into. I've had a gaming console, ever since I was about 4 years old, but it wasn't before I played Final Fantasy 7 that I really enjoyed playing games beyond having it as an alternative to sitting around, doing nothing. Before FF7, Tekken was pretty much the only other game I played, and playing games in general was pretty far behind in the order of priorities. So, yeah.. Final Fantasy 7 definitely has sentimental and nostalgic value to me. With that being said, I can't decide between which game I liked more between 7 and 8. Most people I've discussed Final Fantasy with hated FF8, for some reason.

Last edited by Thimmy on Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:00 am

I'll play along

1. Metal Gear Solid 3

To this day , it remains the only game i have ever preorded . I still remember the first time i got to play it , i played until my body protested for me to rest. Woke up really early the other day to continue , i literally couldn't wait to play more . And it delivered beyond my expectations.

2. Devil May Cry 3

I loved the character . And at the time , i also thought the story was so gud Laughing . Maybe it was , maybe not so much , but i really enjoyed that one too much , which was a big surprise to me back then , i used to shun the entire series till DMC3 . Played the previous ones as well after that , and 4 and the latest one , but 3 easily remains one of my most enjoyable games .

3. Batman : Arkham Asylum

In hindsight Arkham City was much better , however , i knew to expect a great game with AC. I was blown away by Asylum , i thought it would just be another meh Batman game . But that one was the shit . I always had a thing for the third person games and this had it all , combat , stealth , story , everything was exceptionally well made . Such a great game , i loved the attention for the detail. I literally felt frustrated when it was over , i couldn't wait for the next one.

4.Medal of Honor : Breakthrough

This one for the countless hours in net cafes i've spent as a 13-15 year old with friends laughing my ass off in lan mode , or against other people on the internet. I've enjoyed many other games more than this one , but i appreciate this one for all the fun i've had through it. My rifle was pretty famous Proud

5. Desperados : Wanted Dead or Alive

Old western pc game , 2000 i think. Damn what a fantastic game. I've finished that one so many times as a kid. Unforgettable game for me. Surprisingly addictive , nice story , vivid missions and music , and memorable characters . I miss that game from time to time.

Having said that , i am quite convinced The Witcher 3 , Batman Arkham Knight and MGSV will become instant all-time favorites from what i've seen so far. Still haven't been able to play any of them , yet to build my new pc , however it's pretty safe for me to say that if i had played those 3 by now , all 3 would have been there.

Most disappointing..

1. Splinter Cell : Blacklist

I still don't understand how they manage not to do it right. Blacklist wasn't a bad game by any means , in hindsight it was a good game tbh , but it just didn't give that special Splinter Cell game i was used to. I really enjoyed the old SC games , it's still my hope SC comes back being top quality eventually. Because that one wasn't .

2.Lord of the Rings Online.

I was so hyped back then. I tried it and man , was i disappointed Laughing . Stopped playing after a week and not once thought about giving it a 2nd try.

3. Assassin's Creed 3.

Can't say i didn't like it , but was it one of the biggest disappointments i have ever experienced , being so hyped about it. I thought this one would be the best of the series by then , but nope . It was ok after all , certainly not what i was expecting it to be.

4. Spiderman : Shattered Dimensions

I just keep getting disappointed . Can't someone finally make a legit Spiderman game?The last good one that i've played was Spiderman : Web of Shadows and was the best one of all the Spidey games i remember playing. But even that wasn't what i would say , a favorite. I really hope i get to play a Spiderman game that would be like what Arkham series was for Batman . Shattered Dimensions i tried , but got really boring really fast. I still don't know how that one ends. Didn't even bother with the next ones either. Like seriously , is it that much to ask , just one great Spiderman game? Who the fk came up with S.Dimensions...

5. PES 2008

Enough said. The day of it's release was the day hype died and suddenly people remembered FIFA
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:13 am

Dante wrote:

In hindsight Arkham City was much better , however , i knew to expect a great game with AC.

I think there's a lot of that really, there's been better games i have played which are not on my list but at the time i enjoyed certain games so much i can't ignore it.

In that way there's a lot of nostalgia that goes into it, if i look at it logically there's no way in hell DK64 is a top 5 game but in terms of enjoyment at the time i played it ( think i was 10 at the time) there's been few games i enjoyed more.

My top 5 list from a critical point of view would look very different of that i'm sure.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:32 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Dante wrote:

In hindsight Arkham City was much better , however , i knew to expect a great game with AC.

I think there's a lot of that really, there's been better games i have played which are not on my list but at the time i enjoyed certain games so much i can't ignore it.

In that way there's a lot of nostalgia that goes into it, if i look at it logically there's no way in hell DK64 is a top 5 game but in terms of enjoyment at the time i played it ( think i was 10 at the time) there's been few games i enjoyed more.

My top 5 list from a critical point of view would look very different of that i'm sure.

Yeap , in the end , nothing compares to what some games felt like when you experience them for the first time. Eventually we all play better games but it will never be quite the same like certain games that became favorite .

Also sure my list would be different if we went by 'best' or something , pretty certain Breakthrough or Desperados wouldn't quite cut it Laughing

But yeah , i really enjoyed my time with all these games , for different reasons each . They had something new or unique in them , something that i haven't experienced before , or something i couldn't find anywhere else , e.t.c . Best or better is another matter , or not necessarily the question here anyway
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:13 am

For my part:

Favourites (in no particular order):
Terraria
Super Smash Bros Melee
Skyrim
TimeSplitters 2
Infamous 2

Disappointing:
Force Unleashed 2
Dishonored
DC Universe Online
Starbound*
Age of Empires 3

*Perhaps unfair because it's still technically in early access... though I suspect its one of those games that will always be in early access.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:17 am

What does Starbound do vs Terraria that disappoints you enough for it to be Top 5?
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:26 am

Basically, in trying to distance themselves from Terraria, the Starbound team have broken/twisted a lot of early promises. The progression is extremely linear, the boss fights are all in predetermined and unalterable settings, and the development continues to take random turns and make random changes to the game that delay it's full release, making it quite unstable and difficult to maintain mods for.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next