+3
urbaNRoots
The Demon of Carthage
Dutti
7 posters

Go down

The Last Kingdom Empty The Last Kingdom

Post by Dutti Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:19 pm

Where have you been hiding, you little arselings! Show some love!

The Last Kingdom The-last-kingdom-key-art

Dutti
Dutti
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

The Last Kingdom Empty Re: The Last Kingdom

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:06 pm

Terrific show! I got to admit, the first episode didn't really do much for me. I thought it was just another uninspiring show similar to Vikings. But I have been surprised with every each episode how creative and witty the writing is.

So far it's very, very good. I hope they don't mess it up. It takes the mind of a demon to keep the writing at the highest level.

oh and FYI, Odda the Younger and Alfred's wife must die. I hate them with every fiber of my being.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:10 pm

I have not watched the last episode yet but the more I see of Uhtred the more he looks like an absolute idiot.

While his hotheadness was appreciated and may have worked with the Danes, at this point he really should know better than raise his sword at the Wessex King. Leofric told him very clearly that someone else would take credit for killing Ubba, he should know this especially after falsefully being accused of killing Ragnar not long ago.

I'm amazed that he is still alive after that.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:28 pm

Haven't started yet but I heard good things. Will definitely give it a go.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:12 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:I have not watched the last episode yet but the more I see of Uhtred the more he looks like an absolute idiot.

While his hotheadness was appreciated and may have worked with the Danes, at this point he really should know better than raise his sword at the Wessex King. Leofric told him very clearly that someone else would take credit for killing Ubba, he should know this especially after falsefully being accused of killing Ragnar not long ago.

I'm amazed that he is still alive after that.

That's the beauty of the show, it steers away from the classic image of the main protagonist (all-knowing, all wise, god-loving, unselfish, romantic, sensitive, just, etc..). Instead, they show you a young, godless, hotheaded, ruthless, selfish warrior with very scattered moments of whiteknight-ness. A man who bows to none and is solely driven by the sound of coins and the dancing silhouettes of beautiful women.

He's a top military field tactician. Yes, he doesn't know when to shut up, and usually doesn't think before he speaks. But that's how people behaved back then. At least, he's not a devious, manipulative cowardly kiss-ass like Odda the Younger.

History is always being embellished, refined to suit the minds of the general public. But once in a while there comes a show that just tells it what it is. Exactly like it is, cruel and unjust...like The Last Kingdom.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:58 pm

I've heard great things about this. Will definitely watch soon.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:26 am

Been watching this as well. A tad disappointed a great mind like Alfred the Great seemingly allowed himself to be so easily manipulated by Odda the Younger though. Beyond that, this show is quite good. Uhtred's scenes with his wife are among my favorites. It certainly tinged a bit of Vikings, but it looks like it's veering down it's own path, which is what's needed.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:58 pm

Magnificent. Absolutely magnificent! I can't wait for the season's finale.

The writing has been flirting with perfection so far. I really hope with all my heart that doesn't turn bad.

As of now, and after TWD's recent unrealistic and disappointing turn of events, I can safely say that The Last Kingdom is the only tv show to have maintained a constant, near-perfect level of writing since BB and to a lesser extent GoT.

Don't disappoint me. You better not. I'm officially a Last Kingdom fan.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:38 pm

The last episode has been my favourite of the season.

Felt very sympathetic towards Alfred and loved the growing relationship between him and Uhtred.

So glad Leofric survived as I was convinced he was going to bite it in his fight against Uhtred.

Was a tad disappointed at how easy it was for the Danes to storm Winchester, I mean come on. But overall it was a great episode, I even liked Uhtred this time!
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:26 am

oh my god oh my god oh my god!!! Holy mackerel!!!What a finale! What a show!!

Perfect in every sense of the word. My favorite Tv show and by far.

Really dying to see you again on the screen, Uhtred the Godless...

10/10.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:03 pm

Uhtred :bow:

Great show now I just want more!
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:07 pm

NOOOOO! LEOFRIC YOU ARSELING! Great finale!

Overall a very strong season, but felt a bit too rushed with the 8 episodes they got. Uhtred fell in love with 3 women in 8 episodes ffs.

Hope next season if it gets renewed, they add a couple more episodes to flesh out these characters a bit more as the first season was all out action before we even got to know half the characters.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:58 pm

Agree, ridiculously good show and season. That finale was excellent. Felt so bad for Uhtred when Isolde bought the farm and such a gruesome fashion, but I knew that would happen as soon as they slept together. Without her clairvoyance, she's not of much value to the plot so it was right to kill her off. Leofric though Sad....that one hit me way harder. Great character.

BBC America knows when they have a hit on their hands so I fully expect a 2nd season for this one, if it hasn't already been greenlit.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum