izzy
VendettaRed07
Abramovich
McAgger
Freeza
21 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 29 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by El Gunner Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:15 pm

Freeza wrote:Curry needs to show he's better than LeBron in finals if they both get their imo. Or atleast show he's better than him when it counts. LeBron is really just trying to get to the playoffs atm, and isn't playing at full power. But yeah, Curry is amazing so far. But it's alot like the Raptors situation etc. it doesn't really count for much unless they can do it when it matters.

You're saying it like he and they didn't do it last season when it mattered.

El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 29 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Freeza Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:28 pm

El Gunner wrote:
Freeza wrote:Curry needs to show he's better than LeBron in finals if they both get their imo. Or atleast show he's better than him when it counts. LeBron is really just trying to get to the playoffs atm, and isn't playing at full power. But yeah, Curry is amazing so far. But it's alot like the Raptors situation etc. it doesn't really count for much unless they can do it when it matters.

You're saying it like he and they didn't do it last season when it mattered.

I'm saying it like it was. LeBron showed in the finals he was the superior player overall. Which he without a doubt was.

Iggy was just as good as Curry in that series. But LeBron was clearly the best player. LeBron didn't look like the best player last regular season either. But guess what, he showed us in playoffs.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:29 pm

El Gunner wrote:You're saying it like he and they didn't do it last season when it mattered.

Because he didn't..................the team did, but he didn't.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:32 pm

Curry in the finals last year was not better than even Lebron, let alone Lebron who has at least Love or Irving with him to help. Everyone knows im not a Lebron fan, but lets chill with the Curry pls. He still has to do it for more than 20 games Laughing

Dont get me wrong, last year he was great. But if I asked who are the best 25 players in the NBA before we played a single game this season, I think he would be as low as 4 (behind Brow, Lebron and KD)...he is getting credit now (deservedly) and people consider him at least the 2nd or 3rd best and everyone knows he is the best at this very moment. But we need to see if this is a hot streak.

And please, Jordan can take Curry Laughing Like Mole said, dont take lockdown seriously...Jordan couldnt lockdown John Starks every time they played..you cant completely lock down anyone good, let alone great like Curry. But Jordan can guard him and wont do any worse than Delladova or even Kyrie ffs. Unless we are all going to ignore that in game 1 Kyrie did play great D on him.

Jordan was much quicker than people realise. Go check that time Iverson crossed him over. 99% of players wont recover on someone that fast to even put a hand up, Jordan almost blocked it, despite getting crossed harder than ever in his life. No doubt in my mind he can take Curry and give him problems.

And one thing on Dray Green. I really like him, but he is a poor mans Anthony Mason minus the post up game. Go check the numbers, go watch the old highlights. Mase was a beast. For me this is how far the game has gone down, Mason wasnt even a secondary star for the Knicks (team the Bulls beat in the playoffs countless times, including a near sweep) while Green is the 2nd best player on the damn team.

Anyone, I rate these Warriors alot. I dont think last season was a fluke and I think they are the best team in the game untill proven otherwise. They are the best jump shooting team ever probably, who also play amazing defence.

But the Bulls beat them in 5.

Last edited by The Franchise on Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:39 pm

The Franchise wrote:
LeSwagg James wrote:
The Franchise wrote:How do you go from that, to no big men are in your best player of all time?

Perimeter players have more "skills".

Big men control the paint (the most important area on the floor) on both ends.

You can prefer little guys over bigs, but the "best" players are surely those who impact the game the most? And the elite big men controlled the game more than the little guys, obviously.

The majority of them control the game based on size alone really. How many times have you played pick up ball and a big guy dominated because of size alone? Its an unfair advantage tbh. If you're 7 feet tall and have good coordination you have a chance of playing at a high level because of that alone Laughing

Yeah...ok...so then, they are the "best" arent they.

I totally get everything your saying, I dont agree with it all, but I totally get it. But what I dont get is how you connect that to leaving them out of all time great lists.

Well they wouldn't be completely off my list. I should say I don't rate them as highly as perimeter players. It would probably go something like this:

Tier 1 GOATS
'Smalls'
'Bigs'

Tier 2 GOATS
'Smalls'
'Bigs'

and so forth
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:48 pm

@Freeza @izzy is it only the NBA finals which matters? Didn't Curry set playoff records before heading into the final series?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:51 pm

El Gunner wrote:@Freeza @izzy is it only the NBA finals which matters? Didn't Curry set playoff records before heading into the final series?

LeBron basically average a triple double through the playoffs. Didn't he also make a new NBA record in leading his team in all categories?
How in the world would you say he's not better than Curry through last year? You can't really crown anyone the best until the end of the season.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:56 pm

Freeza wrote:
El Gunner wrote:@Freeza @izzy is it only the NBA finals which matters? Didn't Curry set playoff records before heading into the final series?

LeBron basically average a triple double through the playoffs. Didn't he also make a new NBA record in leading his team in all categories?
How in the world would you say he's not better than Curry through last year? You can't really crown anyone the best until the end of the season.

I wasn't arguing that.
I was arguing your comment in which you said GSW and Curry didn't perform when it mattered when obviously they did (throughout the playoffs, not only the finals), unless I understood your post in the wrong manner.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:00 am

El Gunner wrote:
Freeza wrote:

I wasn't arguing that.
I was arguing your comment in which you said GSW and Curry didn't perform when it mattered when obviously they did (throughout the playoffs, not only the finals), unless I understood your post in the wrong manner.

I said he should show he's the best when it matters. He played well, but was barely if even the best on his team in the finals. Had some awful games etc. Meanwhile LeBron was carrying scrubs throughout.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:15 am

Yeah I can't handle this... Kobe ffs Proud

Philly's fans great send off for Kobe Proud

If this is every away game ffs.. getting teary eyed
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:34 am

It matters more than anything else, especially when you are going up against the guy most people see as No. 1.

When KD won the MVP in 2014 and had a "so so" playoffs, I don't recall anyone saying he THE best in game because of the regular season?
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:46 am

Meanwhile I gotta listen to Austin Carr hype every Lebron move for 48 minutes.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:46 am

The Franchise wrote:Meanwhile I gotta listen to Austin Carr hype every Lebron move for 48 minutes.

Watch Lakers-Sixers then. Great game.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:46 am

Lmao.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:49 am

I love Kobe, but I cant watch that Laughing

Also I nearly always whatever is on SportTV2
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_Puyol Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:51 am

I think I hit rock bottom in my life,I'm watching Lakers v 76ers.
Mr_Puyol
Mr_Puyol
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:51 am

It's not bad compared to our other games hmm

76ers are the worst team I've ever seen.

inb4 we lose
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:53 am

Those games with 2 horrible teams are nearly always entertaining.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:59 am

This looks like the first game of the season where our players give a shit... It was an important game to lose ffs Sad
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:59 am

Gonna watch Pelicans and Memphis, that's about as good as it gets tonight lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:59 am

Wall is back.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:00 am

The Franchise wrote:Wall is back.

Just after I trade him rofl Freeza I think your jinking powers have been passed on to me hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:01 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Wall is back.

Just after I trade him rofl Freeza I think your jinking powers have been passed on to me hmm

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 29 John-wall-smile
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:03 am

Cavs down 14.

Lebron already banned hoverboards and is enforcing dress codes.

Love and Varejao better watch out before he insists everyone cut their hair for their poor performances.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:06 am

Why are those segways called hoverboards hmm
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:08 am

Im an old man, I had to think for a second if that was the right name for them. No idea.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next