Glory
free_cat
Sri
Hapless_Hans
57 posters

Page 10 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next

Go down

What will Pep do next?

What's next for Pep Guardiola? - Page 10 Vote_lcap11%What's next for Pep Guardiola? - Page 10 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 2 ]
What's next for Pep Guardiola? - Page 10 Vote_lcap21%What's next for Pep Guardiola? - Page 10 Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 4 ]
What's next for Pep Guardiola? - Page 10 Vote_lcap0%What's next for Pep Guardiola? - Page 10 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
What's next for Pep Guardiola? - Page 10 Vote_lcap21%What's next for Pep Guardiola? - Page 10 Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 4 ]
What's next for Pep Guardiola? - Page 10 Vote_lcap32%What's next for Pep Guardiola? - Page 10 Vote_rcap 32% 
[ 6 ]
What's next for Pep Guardiola? - Page 10 Vote_lcap15%What's next for Pep Guardiola? - Page 10 Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 19

Poll closed

What's next for Pep Guardiola? - Page 10 Empty Re: What's next for Pep Guardiola?

Post by S Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:28 pm

Ok

S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

What's next for Pep Guardiola? - Page 10 Empty Re: What's next for Pep Guardiola?

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:29 pm

S wrote:Ok

Dont you think so?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:30 pm

please take a sabbatical and then join us

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:56 pm

RealGunner wrote:please take a sabbatical and then join us

I strongly feel this would be possible if Wenger wants it.

Meaning, he would have contacted Pep 'yesterday' with the message that he's really quitting 2017 at the end of his contract and would love for Pep to take the job.

I have my doubts though if that is what Wenger wants or would do. What do you think?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:00 pm

Wenger wants to win the PL before retiring. If he wins it this year, he retires IMO. He will retire either way in 2017.

But pep probably can't wait for that long.

Shame since there won't be a top manager to take over in 2017. Unless we can tempt Tuchel.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:12 pm

Not sure whether Pep 'can't wait that long'.

Even if he's locked on City, I'm not sure it will happen next summer, he might just as well join them only after Pellegrini's contract runs out.

He might indeed take another year off. The manic way he works, that might be needed too.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:21 pm

Really want him to manage Spanish NT tbh. But I dnt know what the scene is of him being Catalan someone might clearity it for me.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:34 pm

RealGunner wrote:Wenger wants to win the PL before retiring. If he wins it this year, he retires IMO. He will retire either way in 2017.

But pep probably can't wait for that long.

Shame since there won't be a top manager to take over in 2017. Unless we can tempt Tuchel.

Juande Ramos RG
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:03 pm

S wrote:Chelsea won't be in CL next yr.He's definitely not managing them.

City this season could make the quarters or perhaps even further so there's your answer, it's natural progression for Pep.Take over the best , most stacked , biggest budget team in that league and being hailed over as a genius coach by his fanboys because, you know, he wins titles with the best team...color me surprised !!

Too big of a coward to manage someone like Arsenal in my book.

And then you see, there are coaches out there like Jurgen Klopp who don't care about reputation but take up big challenges.I mean, he could've easily got a big team job if he wanted to.

I wouldn't say Pep is overrated but he definitely is overglorified and overhyped by his fanboys.

Ending my rant (:

This has to be one of the most short-sighted and uninformed posts I have read on this board in quite some time (and that is saying something).

The guy has managed 2 clubs his entire career.  Barcelona brought him up as a player and a coach and was his dream job and would be any young managers dream first big job.

He then left Barca and the best player in the world in his prime after a record trophy haul which wasn't the easy thing to do BTW (but you think he's a coward) and Barca didn't want him to leave and went to coach at BM.

Are you some hipster that thinks he should have went and coached at Lazio or something?  Why wouldn't he want one of the biggest jobs in the world as he is the best manager in the world.

Should he punish himself for the success he had?  Should BM not try and hire the best manager they can?

I really don't understand where this thinking even comes from.  Especially for a guy who has managed 2 teams his entire career.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:19 pm

Dnmac4 wrote:Especially for a guy who has managed 2 teams his entire career.

Well, two and a half, really, if you include the Director of Dortmund's Player Sales.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:56 am

Dante wrote:
futbol wrote:
If he did that he would at least show some balls. Because with his current 1-dimensional "possession at all cost in each and every game and pinning the opponent into their own half with an extreme highline" approach he will most certainly fail with players like washed up Schweinsteiger, Blind, Rojo, Mata, Rooney, Depay, Young, Fellaini, Darmian etc. in a competitive league.

United vs. City, United vs. Chelsea, United vs. Arsenal, United vs. Spurs, United vs. Liverpool ... these games won't be as lopsided as Bayern vs. Darmstadt, Bayern vs. Hamburg, Bayern vs. Ingolstadt.

He'd most definitely have to come up with a different approach which he hasn't shown so far.

Well , i don't agree , i think his approach with Bayern , compared to his Barcelona days is noticeably different . Maybe the core is the same , keep the ball more and deny it the opponent , but how they manage that feels like night and day to me . Imo always , he has clearly demonstrated adaptability and variety , flexibility , lots of new things , things i never thought he would do actually .

And he would be playing scrub games in PL too , what an unfair analogy you're giving there. Compare apples with apples , Bayern vs. Ingolstadt. reads the same to me as United vs Watford , Bayern vs Darmstandt = United vs West Bromwich and the like , not United vs Tottenham . And in any case , i don't think he would mind the competition , not one bit.Let alone scare him off , do you realise what you're implying right ? What can possibly scare Pep in football today , certainly not the teams you mentioned , even week in week out. Maybe watching Chelsea play lately would scare him some Laughing

I don't see many differences. The tactical scheme is identical. He has different players so they individually do different things when they have the ball. When you have Ribery and Robben or Costa and Coman you don't combine your way through the center with short triangle passes in a telephone booth like with Messi (false 9), Xavi and Iniesta. You utilize the wings more. That's logical. But that's also irrelevant because 80 % of Pep's coaching is without the ball. The core of Pep's tactics is how to position his players to regain the ball as quickly as possible. PPP: Positioning, Pressing, Patience (in the buildup). Everything else is tactical nuances like making more use of long balls against Dortmund etc. and hardly worth mentioning in the grand scheme of things.

My comparison is not unfair. Maybe Bayern vs. Ingolstadt reads to you like United vs. Watford. And that's fair enough. There are also scrubs in EPL. But who are the German equivalents of Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, City, Tottenham, Southampton that he would be competing with? With a United squad no less that isn't head and shoulders above those teams but more or less at the same level. Pep's philosophy is not made for lesser teams. I want to see how he tries to play a high pressing game with this United squad in the Premier League.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:23 am

jibers wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Fine tuning lol, so much history revisionist it's unreal.

Barca were a *bleep* mess before he took over. What he did was a lot more than mere fine tuning.

Also how do you know he won't take over one of those clubs?  Outside of City he has little choice if he manages in England. Also tbf it's not up to him if he wants to manage Arsenal as Wenger will decide that lol.

You just have to lol. The core of Rijkaards team he got rid of it. Barcelona were third and doing a Pasillo for Madrid but Pep took over a stacked winning team (:

Pep agreed to join Bayern after they had flopped 3 titles, but he chose to take of a treblet team (:

This forum is filld with tards.

Oh Jaysus, not this myth again.

Then let's go back a bit more in time to get some context.

League position:

Barca 00/01: 4th
Barca 01/02: 4th
Barca 02/03: 6th

Rijkaard takes over

League position:

Barca 03/04: 2nd
Barca 04/05: 1st
Barca 05/06: 1st
Barca 06/07: 2nd (equal on points Sad)
Barca 07/08: 3th

Pep takes over now

So as every Dick and Harry can see: Rijkaard took over a team that finished no higher than 4th place for 3 season in a row before he came and made them finish top 2 in 4 of his 5 seasons as Barca coach and delivered a CL title with a team that finished below Leeds United in the group stages before he took over. Laughing

So yes, in Rijkaard's 5th season some of the squad lost motivation and 07/08 was a season to write off. But that's it really, no need to pretend Barca were a mess because of 1 off-season. And as everyone can see, the foundation that Rijkaard laid, especially from the mess that he took over (took over when Barca finished 6th and didn't finish higher than 4th for 3 years before he came and were even worse in the Champions League), was actually far more impressive than Pep taking over a team that finished top 2 between 2004 - 2007 and won the CL 2 years before he came (also with Spanish core players winning the Euros in 2008). But I don't see anyone sucking Rijkaard's cock for turning an Arsenal-esque team into champions. The opposite: It's as if he never existed in Barca history and it was Pep who took over a struggling midtable team full of nobodies and made them champions. (:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:33 am

futbol wrote:
jibers wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Fine tuning lol, so much history revisionist it's unreal.

Barca were a *bleep* mess before he took over. What he did was a lot more than mere fine tuning.

Also how do you know he won't take over one of those clubs?  Outside of City he has little choice if he manages in England. Also tbf it's not up to him if he wants to manage Arsenal as Wenger will decide that lol.

You just have to lol. The core of Rijkaards team he got rid of it. Barcelona were third and doing a Pasillo for Madrid but Pep took over a stacked winning team (:

Pep agreed to join Bayern after they had flopped 3 titles, but he chose to take of a treblet team (:

This forum is filld with tards.

Oh Jaysus, not this myth again.

Then let's go back a bit more in time to get some context.

League position:

Barca 00/01: 4th
Barca 01/02: 4th
Barca 02/03: 6th

Rijkaard takes over

League position:

Barca 03/04: 2nd
Barca 04/05: 1st
Barca 05/06: 1st
Barca 06/07: 2nd (equal on points Sad)
Barca 07/08: 3th

Pep takes over now

So as every Dick and Harry can see: Rijkaard took over a team that finished no higher than 4th place for 3 season in a row before he came and made them finish top 2 in 4 of his 5 seasons as Barca coach and delivered a CL title with a team that finished below Leeds United in the group stages before he took over. Laughing

So yes, in Rijkaard's 5th season some of the squad lost motivation and 07/08 was a season to write off. But that's it really, no need to pretend Barca were a mess because of 1 off-season. And as everyone can see, the foundation that Rijkaard laid, especially from the mess that he took over (took over when Barca finished 6th and didn't finish higher than 4th for 3 years before he came and were even worse in the Champions League), was actually far more impressive than Pep taking over a team that finished top 2 between 2004 - 2007 and won the CL 2 years before he came (with Spanish core players winning the Euros in 2008). But I don't see anyone sucking Rijkaard's cock for turning an Arsenal-esque team into champions. The opposite: It's as if he never existed in Barca history and it was Pep who took over a midtable team and made them champions. (:

Rijkaard did well no doubt but once he lost Henk Ten Cate it went down hill because he was too passive, the man was like Ancelotti with no balls lol. The level Pep took Barcelona to is much higher than the level Rijkaard took the team to.

I do agree that some of the stuff Pep did with Barcelona has been falsely attributed to a 'Barcelona' playing style and some Barcelona fans no doubt have some sort of Pep hangover, but you cannot underestimate how he took Barcelona from 3rd to winning a treble and most of all, solving Messis injury crisis.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:35 am

The guy who gets no credit for Pep's work is actually aragones .
I saw " tiki taka " and high pressing in the spanish team before seeing it in Barça .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:07 am

futbol wrote:My comparison is not unfair. Maybe Bayern vs. Ingolstadt reads to you like United vs. Watford. And that's fair enough. There are also scrubs in EPL. But who are the German equivalents of Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, City, Tottenham, Southampton that he would be competing with?
Only because the names are not so famous, that doesn't mean there aren't good teams in the Bundesliga as well.

Gladbach has won more games against Bayern than they lost in the last years.

Wolfsburg may have been steamrolled by Bayern some weeks ago, but last season (January 2015, that is) they won against them 4:1 and this season they beat Bayern to the SuperCup in August 2015. Wolfsburg also ousted ManUtd from the CL this year.

Dortmund always gave Bayern a run for their money, too. Last season's breakdown was simply a blip due to numerous injuries. From 12/13 to last season, Dortmund topped al their CL groups which also contained either ManCity and Arsenal. In the BL, you see how well they do this season again.

Schalke can certainly be compared to Liverpool, Southampton or Spurs in strength - at least they were more often in the CL recently than either of them.

The big problem is that Bayern are really much better - but then, they are much better than practically als PL clubs they met, too. At least Bayern got 15 points vs Arsenal's 9 in this year's CL group, they got 15 points to ManCity's 8 points in the 14/15 season, they defeated ManUtd in the 13/14 CL QF, Arsenal in the 13/14 Last16, were first in the CL group that included ManCity 13/14... I don't even need to mention 12/13 that culminated in the CL final between Bayern and Dortmund.

So there is nothing that would convince me that Bayern wouldn't be able to top a pool of PL teams the same way as they dominate the BL currently.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:27 am

No need to bring up the same arguments

We recognize Pep did a great job with Barça but as I said he gets over the top praise for his work.It's like pretending there's no other coach out there that exists is as good.

For me Enrique is doing a better job at Barça.He's made Barça more dynamic and more destructive but yet he isn't put on the same pedestal as Pep.Football fans have obsessed themselves with this passing and tiki-taka hype.
Who the f cares about midfield control and possession when that doesn't help you break through a strong defense for example ?
There's no defined way to play football.As long as you're winning no one cares.Everything else is just a bragging contest which Barça and their fans have developed over the yrs.

Basically all I mean to say is when one coach is dominating teams via possession and winning games while the other is doing the same but with a different approach and winning consistently/achieving the required objectives, that doesn't make the latter inferior.That's what Pep fanboys need to understand.

Cheers (:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:34 am

Because Enrique has had one season, Pep didn't get his hype after one season (opposite in fact, everyone claimed it was a fluke and refcelona etc)

No one has said there is no other coach who might be as good lol, you are making things up/imagining things to drive an agenda as usual lol.

Also Pep isn't praised because of possession lol, you are arguing with yourself.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:37 am

I don't have a particular problem with futbol claiming in hindsight nothing Pep did was special, since he wants to big up Enrique and I prefer that to Barca fans moaning about their current coach after he wins everything with them. He can have an opinion.

But it's of course nonsense, and the fervour with which he propagates it is pretty strange for a Barca fan.

Why is it nonsense?
I don't want to get into the useless details, I'd just ask futbol one question.

It's 2008 again and a successor for Rijkaard takes over.
Let's imagine that successor is not Pep, but Enrique.

Do you really think Enrique would have done a similar transformational, consequential and successful job as Pep?
Do you think Barca would be anywhere near the awe-inspiring, all-dominating, idiosyncratical team they are now?

If you're honest for a second, you'd have to agree the thought is laughable.
Pep built this team, and Enrique can still rely on its spine. He reinvigorated the spine and shifted it, no doubt. But it was there for him, made by Pep. No way Enrique could have built it this way.

So there you go. Question solved, no need to discuss further.
Do what you have to do, but don't expect us to take this strange revisionist crusade as some kind of meaningful insight.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:45 am

I don't have a clue why you brought Enrique into this and I don't have a clue where I said "Pep did nothing special". Seems like you want to discuss an entirely different topic which is already doomed to lead to something substantial from the get-go. No one can actually prove what Enrique would do in 2008 and it's a stupid question anyway.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:47 am

If I'm not mistaken, you called Pep a 'fraud' somewhere in this thread Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:51 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:If I'm not mistaken, you called Pep a 'fraud' somewhere in this thread Laughing

So? hmm

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:53 am

So there you go.
Or are you saying he is a fraud who did something special? That doesn't make sense.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:57 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:So there you go.
Or are you saying he is a fraud who did something special? That doesn't make sense.

He is frauding people into believing he's the best manager in the world and by a distance. Doesn't mean he didn't bring positives to Barcelona. Just as Rijkaard did (to an even bigger extend than Pep) and Enrique does now.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:00 pm

I like how Futbol think he's partial and objective Laughing

Yet comes out here with a straight face saying Rijkaard was better Laughing

Madrid fans have more objectivity when it comes to Guardiola tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:01 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Because Enrique has had one season, Pep didn't get his hype after one season (opposite in fact, everyone claimed it was a fluke and refcelona etc)

No one has said there is no other coach who might be as good lol, you are making things up/imagining things to drive an agenda as usual lol.

Also Pep isn't praised because of possession lol, you are arguing with yourself.

No one says this

No one says that

I am always right and I stand by it (:

Ffs this is just YOUR perspective

Just look across the internet.Go to Barcaforum.net for example.Go to goal.com etc etc
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:04 pm

They are all idiots and not worth my time tbh. I'm talking about normal people lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next