Glory
free_cat
Sri
Hapless_Hans
57 posters

Page 9 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

What will Pep do next?

What's next for Pep Guardiola? - Page 9 Vote_lcap11%What's next for Pep Guardiola? - Page 9 Voting_bar 11% 
[ 2 ]
What's next for Pep Guardiola? - Page 9 Vote_lcap21%What's next for Pep Guardiola? - Page 9 Voting_bar 21% 
[ 4 ]
What's next for Pep Guardiola? - Page 9 Vote_lcap0%What's next for Pep Guardiola? - Page 9 Voting_bar 0% 
[ 0 ]
What's next for Pep Guardiola? - Page 9 Vote_lcap21%What's next for Pep Guardiola? - Page 9 Voting_bar 21% 
[ 4 ]
What's next for Pep Guardiola? - Page 9 Vote_lcap32%What's next for Pep Guardiola? - Page 9 Voting_bar 32% 
[ 6 ]
What's next for Pep Guardiola? - Page 9 Vote_lcap15%What's next for Pep Guardiola? - Page 9 Voting_bar 15% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 19

Poll closed

What's next for Pep Guardiola? - Page 9 Empty Re: What's next for Pep Guardiola?

Post by jibers Thu 17 Dec - 6:53

S wrote:
jibers wrote:
S wrote:Yet that messy Barça were semi-finalists before he took over Laughing

He ofcourse did an awesome job at Barça but let's not pretend he took over a team from rock bottom Laughing

He was blessed with abundance of talent.

Like Mou at Inter and Chelsea and Madrid and even Porto? What manager doesn't win with talent? What a ridiculous argument. LOL at City playing possession football, whatever that is.

Talent as in top 3 player in the history Of the game

Best two midfielders of their generation

What makes Pep the 'best manager in the world' or whatever that is but not someone like Simeone for example ?
How can you rate coaches purely based on titles won

WHen Pep took over, Messi was injured every 2 months, Xavi was on his way out. Give Mou Xavi and Iniesta do you think they would have been as good.

And was Simeones style ever good on the eyes? Imagine what Pep would do with someone such as Oliver Torres. He is respected because of the way his team played and he did revolutionise the game, this obsession with possession and stats is a direct result of Barcelonas dominance.

Using a half back, bringing La Volpes spread CB technique, using postional play and consistent numerical superiority in mf. He brought all these things together.

I never said he is the best manager in the world, in fact I think his 'management' is questinable. Coahcing wise, in term of the playing style he implements, I think his style is one of if not the best. The only ones that I can compare are Tuchels, Schmidt and Sarri.

Last edited by jibers on Thu 17 Dec - 6:55; edited 1 time in total

jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

What's next for Pep Guardiola? - Page 9 Empty Re: What's next for Pep Guardiola?

Post by S Thu 17 Dec - 6:55

I used the 'fine-tune' term for the work he's doing at Bayern

But anyway I will continue to rate him as the best even when Bayern inevitably bump into one of the Spanish clubs and become their punching bag (:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu 17 Dec - 7:10

jibers wrote:
S wrote:
jibers wrote:

Like Mou at Inter and Chelsea and Madrid and even Porto? What manager doesn't win with talent? What a ridiculous argument. LOL at City playing possession football, whatever that is.

Talent as in top 3 player in the history Of the game

Best two midfielders of their generation

What makes Pep the 'best manager in the world' or whatever that is but not someone like Simeone for example ?
How can you rate coaches purely based on titles won

WHen Pep took over, Messi was injured every 2 months, Xavi was on his way out. Give Mou Xavi and Iniesta do you think they would have been as good.

And was Simeones style ever good on the eyes? Imagine what Pep would do with someone such as Oliver Torres. He is respected because of the way his team played and he did revolutionise the game, this obsession with possession and stats is a direct result of Barcelonas dominance.

Using a half back, bringing La Volpes spread CB technique, using postional play and consistent numerical superiority in mf. He brought all these things together.

I never said he is the best manager in the world, in fact I think his 'management' is questinable. Coahcing wise, in term of the playing style he implements, I think his style is one of if not the best. The only ones that I can compare are Tuchels, Schmidt and Sarri.

Are we going to ignore the work Simeone has done, Atleti hadn't seen CL for yrs, now he's totally changed the landscape of the club making them a top 8 if not top 5 with a modest budget , Winn liga in the process which was unthinkable some yrs ago
Atlético is one of the toughest teams to face today.Are we going to ignore all this and criticize him bcoz he is not able to get the best out of Oliver Torres ?
Just because his team doesn't play an overwhelmingly attractive game like Barça, that doesn't make him inferior.
Football is about winning and he has developed ways to win with inferior resources.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu 17 Dec - 7:12

I mean I find this more praiseworthy
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu 17 Dec - 7:18

I am not disputing Pep's work tbh
I just have a problem with this 'best manager' term

There is just no concrete basis to rank managers like we do with players
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu 17 Dec - 7:21

Pep is a fraud and will be exposed wherever he goes next unless he goes to PSG. Even at City he will get exposed.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu 17 Dec - 7:28

Is it just me who thinks Pep is much more likely to sign for United , than City ?
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu 17 Dec - 7:35

S wrote:I am not disputing Pep's work tbh
I just have a problem with this 'best manager' term

There is just no concrete basis to rank managers like we do with players

Never called him the best manager. I think he is one of the best coaches because of the way he gets his team to play. Style matters as well. His teams will go down in history because of his style, like all the other GOAT teams, 70s Ajax being the reference.

What Simeone did is commendable but even if you gave him Barcelonas team, they would probably not have played that way, because his philosophy is similar to Mous.

jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu 17 Dec - 7:36

Dante wrote:Is it just me who thinks Pep is much more likely to sign for United , than City ?

Doubt it. United are incompetent from the management to the cleaners. Doubt he would want to go to a club where he would have to be massively involved in the restructuring. Idiotic for him to join imo.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu 17 Dec - 7:42

Dante wrote:Is it just me who thinks Pep is much more likely to sign for United , than City ?

If he did that he would at least show some balls. Because with his current 1-dimensional "possession at all cost in each and every game and pinning the opponent into their own half with an extreme highline" approach he will most certainly fail with players like washed up Schweinsteiger, Blind, Rojo, Mata, Rooney, Depay, Young, Fellaini, Darmian etc. in a competitive league.

United vs. City, United vs. Chelsea, United vs. Arsenal, United vs. Spurs, United vs. Liverpool ... these games won't be as lopsided as Bayern vs. Darmstadt, Bayern vs. Hamburg, Bayern vs. Ingolstadt.

He'd most definitely have to come up with a different approach which he hasn't shown so far.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu 17 Dec - 7:43

Both are good options, he'd get plenty of cash at both clubs, both as salary and as transfer budget.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu 17 Dec - 7:48

S wrote:I used the 'fine-tune' term for the work he's doing at Bayern

But anyway I will continue to rate him as the best even when Bayern inevitably bump into one of the Spanish clubs and become their punching bag (:

That's fair enough, should have said that from the beginning lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu 17 Dec - 8:06

jibers wrote:
Imagine what Pep would do with someone such as Oliver Torres.

He would ostracize him on the bench and sell him some seasons later because he kinda sucks.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu 17 Dec - 8:07

free_cat wrote:
jibers wrote:
Imagine what Pep would do with someone such as Oliver Torres.

He would ostracize him on the bench and sell him some seasons later because he kinda sucks.

Been good everytime I've seen him tbh. BTW how good is Inaki Pena? Is he a playmaking GK?
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu 17 Dec - 8:21

jibers wrote:

Doubt it. United are incompetent from the management to the cleaners. Doubt he would want to go to a club where he would have to be massively involved in the restructuring. Idiotic for him to join imo.

Maybe so , but why idiotic ? Seems to me Pep always brings massive change wherever he goes , if anything , he will do that anyway , required or not. And pls , Milan is incompetent on all fronts Laughing , not United ; United need and can , actually get someone like Pep and they'll be scary af again .

Having said that , i get what you mean . I still think that Pep would be wise to sign for United , for many valid reasons . Even City's biggest allure , the money/budget , it's nothing United can't match. Maybe they won't match the surreal budget of City's , but sure as hell United can buy anyone that can be bought . And Pep at United? Players will literally line up and agents will be offering their players all day long. United must be out of their minds not to go madly after him , and Pep .. always made a thing about history , tradition , the heavy shirt.. the allure of Old Trafford; pretty sure Pep would love to be United's coach .

futbol wrote:
If he did that he would at least show some balls. Because with his current 1-dimensional "possession at all cost in each and every game and pinning the opponent into their own half with an extreme highline" approach he will most certainly fail with players like washed up Schweinsteiger, Blind, Rojo, Mata, Rooney, Depay, Young, Fellaini, Darmian etc. in a competitive league.

United vs. City, United vs. Chelsea, United vs. Arsenal, United vs. Spurs, United vs. Liverpool ... these games won't be as lopsided as Bayern vs. Darmstadt, Bayern vs. Hamburg, Bayern vs. Ingolstadt.

He'd most definitely have to come up with a different approach which he hasn't shown so far.

Well , i don't agree , i think his approach with Bayern , compared to his Barcelona days is noticeably different . Maybe the core is the same , keep the ball more and deny it the opponent , but how they manage that feels like night and day to me . Imo always , he has clearly demonstrated adaptability and variety , flexibility , lots of new things , things i never thought he would do actually .

And he would be playing scrub games in PL too , what an unfair analogy you're giving there. Compare apples with apples , Bayern vs. Ingolstadt. reads the same to me as United vs Watford , Bayern vs Darmstandt = United vs West Bromwich and the like , not United vs Tottenham . And in any case , i don't think he would mind the competition , not one bit.Let alone scare him off , do you realise what you're implying right ? What can possibly scare Pep in football today , certainly not the teams you mentioned , even week in week out. Maybe watching Chelsea play lately would scare him some Laughing

Art Morte wrote:

Both are good options, he'd get plenty of cash at both clubs, both as salary and as transfer budget.

Certainly. So why would he choose City (:

But seriously , he won't lack money at United by any stretch of the imagination and i reiterate once more , he always had a thing about the history of a club and all dat ; seems to me he would be much more willing to work for United than City . Especially seeing how Van Gaal is heavily questioned and criticized , timing would be just about right , this summer. Unless Van Gaal does miracles with United till May , i seriously doubt they will keep him when they can have a chance of getting Guardiola.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu 17 Dec - 13:16

SAF has gone on record saying he talked to Guardiola about the United job before he retired. But he was already set to take over Bayern.

wouldn't be surprised if we tried again.

B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Thu 17 Dec - 15:23

Did he say that?

From what I remember he met with Pep and they spoke, but all he said was let me know when you have/get offers or something, which in his case was kind of dumb to say. I mean what did he expect...

Bayern: We have your contract ready just need you to sign.
Pep: ok....wait I need to call Fergie first
*phone ring*
Fergie: Hello Pep
Pep: Hello Fergie, I just wanted to let you know that I'm about to sign with BM.
Fergie: Wait...I wanted to offer you a job at United.
Pep: Hmmm I've already agreed with terms with them.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu 17 Dec - 15:32

United fans thinking SAF is still relevant Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu 17 Dec - 18:06

Don't call me James wrote:United fans thinking SAF is still relevant Laughing

wtf are you on about? all i said was he met with Pep before he retired about the United job..implying maybe ownership will try to lure Pep again considering there was interest before.

and SAF himself was more relevant then Liverpool for 27 years Laughing
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Fri 18 Dec - 4:55

Weinzierl come home cheers
BAYERN_MUNICH
BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri 18 Dec - 6:03

Sabbatical and then Arsenal.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri 18 Dec - 7:19

I was reading rumours from EL Pais , a Spanish source that Roman has apparently offered Pep an open/blank cheque to join Chelsea.
Don't know how reliable this source is tho.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 18 Dec - 7:21

3 of the usual top 4 will go for him obviously, Arsenal are the only ones that won't and only reason is because i don't see Wenger leaving. hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri 18 Dec - 7:23

I read from a reliable source that LVG will be replaced by Pep at the end of the season and that Pep wants to be come the Cruijff of Carrington.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri 18 Dec - 7:25

S wrote:I was reading rumours from EL Pais , a Spanish source that Roman has apparently offered Pep an open/blank cheque to join Chelsea.
Don't know how reliable this source is tho.

Would be a very surprising if Roman didn't try everything to get Pep, and with the sporting situation that everything is mostly money.
That's like saying heard the earth revolves around the sun, not sure how reliable the source.
Whether they can get him is another matter. Lack of CL football might be the stumbling block, assuming Pep hasn't already committed anywhere else yet (don't think he has).
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri 18 Dec - 7:28

Ok
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next