Glory
free_cat
Sri
Hapless_Hans
57 posters

Page 5 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Go down

What will Pep do next?

What's next for Pep Guardiola? - Page 5 Vote_lcap11%What's next for Pep Guardiola? - Page 5 Voting_bar 11% 
[ 2 ]
What's next for Pep Guardiola? - Page 5 Vote_lcap21%What's next for Pep Guardiola? - Page 5 Voting_bar 21% 
[ 4 ]
What's next for Pep Guardiola? - Page 5 Vote_lcap0%What's next for Pep Guardiola? - Page 5 Voting_bar 0% 
[ 0 ]
What's next for Pep Guardiola? - Page 5 Vote_lcap21%What's next for Pep Guardiola? - Page 5 Voting_bar 21% 
[ 4 ]
What's next for Pep Guardiola? - Page 5 Vote_lcap32%What's next for Pep Guardiola? - Page 5 Voting_bar 32% 
[ 6 ]
What's next for Pep Guardiola? - Page 5 Vote_lcap15%What's next for Pep Guardiola? - Page 5 Voting_bar 15% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 19

Poll closed

What's next for Pep Guardiola? - Page 5 Empty Re: What's next for Pep Guardiola?

Post by El Gunner Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:16 am

lol @srigooner, I can't see how you hold anything against Pep for that. It's not like he spearheaded the media campaign to get Fabregas back to Barcelona.

A lot of petty feelings are locked away by some Arsenal fans I have come to see that stem from that time when players ditched on us, and I understand some feelings of dislike or general disgust towards some of those players, because of the way they went about their business and some of the bad things they said about the club (Arsenal) afterwards. But the way I saw it is that Cesc always made it vocal from an early time that one day he wished to return to Barcelona, and can you blame him for doing so when he just hit his prime and when Barca were dominating European football? And don't talk about loyalty, we have seen how disloyal football players can be, it's not restricted to our club.

I've moved on. I still laugh when Fabregas, Nasri, Adebayor, etc cock up, but I don't feel any sort of ill feelings towards any of them anymore it's not worth it. Even less so towards other people involved in a poverty media bullshit campaign.

El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

What's next for Pep Guardiola? - Page 5 Empty Re: What's next for Pep Guardiola?

Post by Sri Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:26 am

El Gunner wrote:lol @srigooner, I can't see how you hold anything against Pep for that. It's not like he spearheaded the media campaign to get Fabregas back to Barcelona.

A lot of petty feelings are locked away by some Arsenal fans I have come to see that stem from that time when players ditched on us, and I understand some feelings of dislike or general disgust towards some of those players, because of the way they went about their business and some of the bad things they said about the club (Arsenal) afterwards. But the way I saw it is that Cesc always made it vocal from an early time that one day he wished to return to Barcelona, and can you blame him for doing so when he just hit his prime and when Barca were dominating European football? And don't talk about loyalty, we have seen how disloyal football players can be, it's not restricted to our club.

I've moved on. I still laugh when Fabregas, Nasri, Adebayor, etc cock up, but I don't feel any sort of ill feelings towards any of them anymore it's not worth it. Even less so towards other people involved in a poverty media bullshit campaign.

We are different people. I don't hold anything against them today, but that's not the same thing. As an influential person, it would not have taken much for Pep or Xavi to put an end to the media circus, instead of fanning the flames. For not doing that, I do no respect them as individuals.

You asked me why I dislike Pep. I gave you my personal reasons. I don't understand why that puts my reasons up for debate or scrutiny. That would only be meritted if I created a thread bashing said people based on my reasons. I also don't see how anyone has the judgmental right to call my reasons petty or not. I am done with this topic.

Feel free to return to the actual topic, which is: 'what is next for Pep' and not 'how can srigooner possibly be petty enough to hate Pep after Barcelona did absolutely nothing wrong ever and Arsenal are a bunch of thieving *bleep*'.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:47 am

srigooner wrote:
free_cat wrote:

Arsenal stole Cesc, Toral, Bellerin, Fran Merida from our youth ranks trying not to pay compensation, while we paid hundreds of milions for your players that in most cases weren't required.

Yet we are the bad guys and Pep has to be hated because some of his players were vocal in wanting Cesc and they pulled a prank with a Barça jersey on Cesc.

Get a grip.

Exactly the condescending, self-righteous attitude that put me off. Arsenal and other clubs 'stole' players because of Spanish regulations giving that loophole/business opportunity. Maybe your anger is better directed there, instead of disrespecting other clubs.

And if you bothered reading my posts, I repeatedly reiterated that I do not HATE anyone, I DISLIKE the way the said individuals handled themselves.

If one rational poster here points to any of my posts on this matter as proof that I was being disrespectful or trolling or uncouth in my behaviour in any way, I will offer my apologies without a moment's hesitation. I believe that is hardly the case.

If you can't accept that people on online forums have the right to have a different opinion and express it, then you should stop getting your panties in a bunch and jog along, instead of asking me to get a grip.

Nope, Arsenal stole those players and tried not to pay for them. Courts made then pay, and after Merida, they paid what they had to pay for Bellerin and Toral. Inform yourself.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:56 am

free_cat wrote:

Nope, Arsenal stole those players and tried not to pay for them. Courts made then pay, and after Merida, they paid what they had to pay for Bellerin and Toral. Inform yourself.

Why don't you post evidence that Arsenal 'stole' those players instead of telling us to inform ourselves.
I guess it can't have been that big of a deal, else Arsenal would have gotten a, err, transfer ban or something.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:02 am

You only get a transfer ban when Real Madrid hates you because of courruption hmm
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:06 am

Would love to see some evidence for this aswell hmm

Better come clean and not dishwash your statement when it's crunch time mate.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:17 am

this thread has turned into personal agendas/hatred thread Laughing but I am enjoying it !

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:24 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
free_cat wrote:

Why don't you post evidence that Arsenal 'stole' those players instead of telling us to inform ourselves.
I guess it can't have been that big of a deal, else Arsenal would have gotten a, err, transfer ban or something.

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20071102/la-sentencia-merida-al-descubierto_53408356926.html

Courts forced Arsenal to pay 3 milion € for Fran Merida.

A similar thing happened with Cesc, although for a much lower price.

Being rigorous, Arsenal only stole Cesc and Merida, while they did properly with Toral and Bellerin, although taking advantadge of a shitty regulation that is not the same in England.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:28 am

So Arsenal didn't steal Toral and Bellerin then? hmm

The Merida case was years before those two..
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:30 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:So Arsenal didn't steal Toral and Bellerin then? hmm

free_cat wrote:[

Arsenal stole Cesc, Toral, Bellerin, Fran Merida from our youth ranks trying not to pay compensation

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:31 am

Helmer wrote:this thread has turned into personal agendas/hatred thread Laughing but I am enjoying it !

In view of this comment, I would once again like to bring it to the attention of the mods/admins that I am a victim and not a perptrator here.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:32 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:So Arsenal didn't steal Toral and Bellerin then? hmm

The Merida case was years before those two..

As said, they only took an unfair advantadge. Perfectly legal, not very nice anyway. Worse than making statements about Cesc and pulling a prank on him, which are both legal and OK.

And still, although Arsenal stole Cesc and Merida, you don't see me forever disliking Arsenal and Wenger (who was much more responsible for their stealings than Pep's inexistent "poaching", whatever that means).
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:42 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:This may be a shitty thing of me, but I feel a small amount of satisfaction that Pep is making Bayern fans also go through his prima donna act.

And I will feel it when he does it at his next club Laughing
That's not shitty, only natural.

Anyway, did he pull this EVERY year at Barca or just in the year he eventually left? Because if it's the latter, it doesn't bode well for an extension.

Last edited by Hapless_Hans on Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:00 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:This may be a shitty thing of me, but I feel a small amount of satisfaction that Pep is making Bayern fans also go through his prima donna act.

And I will feel it when he does it at his next club Laughing

Anyway, did he pull this EVERY year at Barca or just in the year he eventually left? Because if it's the latter, it doesn't bode well for an extension.

Every year. He signed for 2 years, and then pulled this shitty extension thing twice, and left after his fourth year.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:00 pm

Did he sign for 2 years or 1 year every year?
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:02 pm

Winter is Coming wrote:Did he sign for 2 years or 1 year every year?

First time 2 years, afterwards year by year.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudio84 Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:07 pm

He should take City in Premier League or go for a National team, i don't know if he's willing to coach Spain though

Claudio84
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:17 pm

If I remember correctly he pulled the same "don't know if I will extend" number in 10/11 right up until the CL final. I remember that because I remember that at the time I felt it was like a confidence boost right before the CL final. So he can still extend.

Don't know what this prima donna act is all about though. Dude's one hell of a strange guy.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:07 pm

as far as stealing is concerned, i don't think arsenal stole anyone, most of those players might never have gotten a fighting chance at barcelona. barcelona have had something of a reputation of promoting youth, but that doesn't mean every youth player will be a messi, xavi, puyol. not even fabregas would have gotten a chance when he was 19, not even as a back up. and when they made all the fuss and finally got him, he was too crap for them especially after xmas breaks. young players these days can be impatient, they want to either play, or know they'll get multiple chances, whether they are ready or not. and arsene has had a history of providing that. its as much the decision of the young players and their parents to have them leave as it is, arsenal signing them...its a two way street
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:13 pm

futbol wrote:If I remember correctly he pulled the same "don't know if I will extend" number in 10/11 right up until the CL final. I remember that because I remember that at the time I felt it was like a confidence boost right before the CL final. So he can still extend.

Don't know what this prima donna act is all about though. Dude's one hell of a strange guy.

Liverpool mate, i also share the same feeling !

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:16 pm

Should coach spanish NT. It will ideal for him with all them midgets.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:51 pm

srigooner wrote:
El Gunner wrote:lol @srigooner, I can't see how you hold anything against Pep for that. It's not like he spearheaded the media campaign to get Fabregas back to Barcelona.

We are different people. I don't hold anything against them today, but that's not the same thing. As an influential person, it would not have taken much for Pep or Xavi to put an end to the media circus, instead of fanning the flames. For not doing that, I do no respect them as individuals.

You asked me why I dislike Pep. I gave you my personal reasons. I don't understand why that puts my reasons up for debate or scrutiny. That would only be meritted if I created a thread bashing said people based on my reasons. I also don't see how anyone has the judgmental right to call my reasons petty or not. I am done with this topic.

Feel free to return to the actual topic, which is: 'what is next for Pep' and not 'how can srigooner possibly be petty enough to hate Pep after Barcelona did absolutely nothing wrong ever and Arsenal are a bunch of thieving *bleep*'.

Fair enough.
It's not that I singled you out anyway, I said some Arsenal fans
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:03 pm

Pirloisjesus wrote:Should coach spanish NT.

Agree Molenation

Would be amazing
Myesyats
Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:17 pm

He's a Catalan nationalist lmao.

Not sure how you can conceive him becoming Spain NT coach.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:59 pm

Couple of outlets, such as Mirror, Independent, Eurosport, FOXSport, Evening Standard are saying there is a 2 year contract from Bayern handed to him and some even say which he may have even signed or at least confident he's going to sign.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:02 pm

the source for this is an article in Sport, apparently, from a guy named Casanovas.
No idea how seriously this is to be taken.

That he would have been offered a 2 year extension is no news.

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/josep-maria-casanovas/guardiola-muy-cerca-renovar-con-bayern-4630352

can't be bothered to try to read it but the headline seems to say it's very certain he'll sign. Why that guy would know I cannot say.
Also apparetnly

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/planeta-barca/bayern-acepta-condiciones-guardiola-4601912

If someone could give a brief synopsis of those, would be appreciated.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next