Who are those young talented coaches coming up?

+18
McAgger
El Gunner
Jay29
Casciavit
RealGunner
titosantill
Glory
DeviAngel
Curtinho
Cruijf
The Franchise
Raptorgunner
zigra
free_cat
Winter is Coming
Lucifer
rwo power
junkyard
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Who are those young talented coaches coming up?  Empty Who are those young talented coaches coming up?

Post by junkyard Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:25 pm

Since I started watching football I have seen the emergence of Arsene Wenger, VDB and Rafa Benitez as good young energetic talented coach who came with fresh ideas. Then came Jose Mourinho and Pep Guardiola and Klopp. Then there were some above average coach like Conte, Blanc and Mancini. In the meantime we have also seen frauds like AVB and Brendan Rogers. But where are those next generation of top coaches who will dominate European football for next decade?

Please tell me of those coaches and their tactics.
junkyard
junkyard
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Who are those young talented coaches coming up?  Empty Re: Who are those young talented coaches coming up?

Post by rwo power Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:26 pm

Thomas Tuchel might be the next... Tactics etc - just look at Borussia Dortmund. Okay, he messed up against Bayern, but there are few coaches who don't mess up against Bayern.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Who are those young talented coaches coming up?  Empty Re: Who are those young talented coaches coming up?

Post by Lucifer Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:30 pm

I second that Thomas Tuchel it is :coffee:

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:45 pm

Depends what age were speaking about. Pep himself is quite young still, but Tuchel, de Boer, Simeone, Lopetegui. I'm going to keep an eye on Sousa seems to be good and Montella (tho sacked by Fiorentina) I didn't think he was all that bad.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:46 pm

I'm very fond of Ernesto Valverde, but it's not like he is unknown.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:07 pm

De Boer is great. Some big club really should get him. Fast. Please.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyard Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:15 pm

Winter is Coming wrote:Depends what age were speaking about. Pep himself is quite young still, but Tuchel, de Boer, Simeone, Lopetegui. I'm going to keep an eye on Sousa seems to be good and Montella (tho sacked by Fiorentina) I didn't think he was all that bad.

Sousa who? confused
junkyard
junkyard
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyard Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:21 pm

Oups! I forgot to mention Simione. And I really like de Boer. But I haven't seen enough of Tuchel. The only time I have seen his team play they were completely demolished by Pep's Bayern. Laughing

Anyway do you think Lopetegui or Valverde will ever win CL?
junkyard
junkyard
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:26 pm

brendan rodgers.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:55 pm

Roberto Martinez impresses me alot. He has his own way and seems to believe alot in it.

Eduardo Berizzo has done a tremendous job with Celta. I didnt even know who the coach was untill they beat us, but they play great football. Only been in European football since the start of this season, so its very early to say he is so great, but they are very well coached and he has to get credit for that.

Similar thread list this a year or so ago, I named Slaven Bilic and I guess its only right to mention him again.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:09 pm

Very impressed with Sarri, surprised he hasn't been mentioned yet. He's not particularly young or new to management, but Empoli was his first top division side and he did very well, now doing a great job at Napoli.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:26 pm

Tuchel is looking quite likely, but I also like Cocu (though he is relatively untested...he's been quite impressive with what he has).

Winter is Coming wrote:Depends what age were speaking about. Pep himself is quite young still, but Tuchel, de Boer, Simeone, Lopetegui. I'm going to keep an eye on Sousa seems to be good and Montella (tho sacked by Fiorentina) I didn't think he was all that bad.
Laughing
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:56 pm

From Serie A - Sarri, Eusebio Di Francesco, Allegri, Montella, Ventura (even thou he and Sarri aren't young).
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:02 pm

rwo power wrote:Thomas Tuchel might be the next... Tactics etc - just look at Borussia Dortmund. Okay, he messed up against Bayern, but there are few coaches who don't mess up against Bayern.

rwo is it true that his style is also possession based ? If so he can be our next manager when Lvg retires and if Pep indeed goes to city as per the reports.

But of course we will go for Giggsy instead i know lol

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:12 pm

junkyard wrote:Sousa who? confused
Paolo Sousa, formerly at FC Basel. I have to admit I wasn't so convinced by him during his Basel tenure.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:15 pm

rwo power wrote:
junkyard wrote:Sousa who? confused
Paolo Sousa, formerly at FC Basel. I have to admit I wasn't so convinced by him during his Basel tenure.

hey hey hey he is Juve legend -.-

Spoiler:
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:22 pm

@Glory

Thomas Tuchel is a great admirer of Pep Guardiola. He prefers a pro-active style of play and fast transitions. Just like Jürgen Klopp, he emphasises fast play and fitness, while one of his main features is his tactical flexibility. He likes to optimize his system according to the system of his opponent, even though this blew up last weekend against BAyern.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:36 pm

junkyard wrote:
Anyway do you think Lopetegui or Valverde will ever win CL?
depends on a lot of factors, especially what teams they end up at and what talents join their teams. a coach is extremely important , but sometimes they get too much props. at the end of the day, they need players who can play, execute, and sometimes even mask faults of said coaches and make them appear greater than they are. if they don't win the ucl it doesn't make them any less great. if they end up in a team with massive talent and depth, then yes they'll most likely win it, but we have to remember 11 players were out on the pitch. and if they end up on a not so good team and don't win, it doesn't necessarily mean that a coach on a team with all the stars is miles ahead of them....in footy rating of coaches or managers can be quite complicated
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:39 pm

Garry Monk has been a lot better than most expected. Still early days but he is showing promise with Swansea. Made the right signings (mostly) and seems tactically sensible.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:31 pm

rwo power wrote:
@Glory

Thomas Tuchel is a great admirer of Pep Guardiola. He prefers a pro-active style of play and fast transitions. Just like Jürgen Klopp, he emphasises fast play and fitness, while one of his main features is his tactical flexibility. He likes to optimize his system according to the system of his opponent, even though this blew up last weekend against BAyern.

oh i see. Someone had me believe he uses possession football but with better and more clinical transitioning from possession to attack than say a Pep or a LvG system. He is tactically flexible which is a great thing nonetheless. Thanks man Thumbs up

May be the Frank de Boer is our man in that case who knows. .

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:34 pm

Schmidt, Tuchel and Sarri.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:43 pm

You need to qualify which Schmidt - Roger or Martin Wink
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:50 pm

I'm going to throw in Emery's name. He's not a new name, and frustrates a lot, but I think he could do well at a big club soon. He's not too dissimilar to Benitez.

Berizzo at Celta as well looks very promising, as was already said. I've been impressed with his Celta every time I've seen them (last season as well as this season).

Marcelino at Villareal is another.

In the Premier League you've got Gary Monk and Eddie Howe, but I'm not entirely convinced by them yet. I went a bit cold on Martinez last season but it seems he's got Everton playing as well as they did in 13/14 and he remains one to watch.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:54 pm

Martinez is confusing

Whenever I watch his interviews, or see him talk about football, he sounds like the next Cruyff. But some of his transfer decisions and management leaves me baffled at times.

So hot and cold.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:59 pm

In Germany we have a couple of young coaches who are given a chance at the moment:
- Dortmund's Thomas Tuchel (42)
- Schalke's André Breitenreiter (42)
- Gladbach's interim coach André Schubert (44)
- Hertha's Pál Dárdai (39)
- Augsburg's Markus Weinzierl (40)

Leverkusen's Roger Schmidt (48) and Mainz's Martin Schmidt (48) actually aren't that young anymore.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next