Kaladin
Freeza
Firenze
63 posters

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

USA gun violence thread - Page 33 Empty Re: USA gun violence thread

Post by Firenze Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:26 am

Allow him back after his ban but only allow him to post in the general football section. Guy is a complete dunce in general but becomes a toxic one outside of the football section.

Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:31 am

let's hope over time we'll help him to understand another perspective to all of this. life works in mysterious ways sometimes.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:42 am

I fully believe he is a normal nice guy like most but simply doesn't know how to talk. Reminds of my father who uses every unrelated opportunity to blame everything on refugees.

"I did not get a free prescription for a massage because my back hurts after working more than 30 years but the refugees come here and get free healthcare."

"I had to pay taxes on my compensation payment but the refugees come here and get everything for free, they get a free house with 3 wives and 7 children. I've seen it on TV."

"Driver slower, futbol. They put speed cameras everywhere so they can collect money to feed refugees."

He talks like that all the time but his actions are different. I bought a used, old car for my wife to learn driving after she got her driver's license. After 1 year we sold it again but I wasn't in the country when the buyer came along so my father sold it for me. The buyer happened to be a refugee who was working in a pharmacy and needed a car to get to work. My father felt sorry for him and reduced the price. Laughing

I think there are many people like that who talk shit without meaning it like that in heart.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:13 am

futbol wrote:I bought a used, old car for my wife to learn driving after she got her driver's license. After 1 year we sold it again but I wasn't in the country when the buyer came along so my father sold it for me. The buyer happened to be a refugee who was working in a pharmacy and needed a car to get to work. My father felt sorry for him and reduced the price. Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing

I bet that was the last time you asked your dad to sell anything for you.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:24 am

Nah, he gave me the difference of my asking price from his own pocket. Though, I would have done the same anyway. Made a huge profit on that car anyway because a clown drove back with his SUV from an entrance without looking and touched us slightly. Result was 1,700 Euros from the insurance for a little dent, almost the car's entire worth. Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:41 pm

Police Are One of the Leading Causes of Death for Young Men in the US

https://www.inverse.com/article/58332-police-use-of-force-homicides-study

Police use-of-force is the 6th leading cause of death among men age 25-29 in the US. Researchers used data compiled by the National Vital Statistic System’s mortality files and Fatal Encounters to create one of the few comprehensive baseline estimates for how often Americans are killed by police.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:25 pm

I somewhat understand Unique.

I dislike all religion. Which can be easily misunderstood... I don't hate a single person in the world, and as for religious people, I truly believe that faith is a wonderful thing. And most of all, despite my opinion regarding religion, I respect everyone's religion. If that is what you believe, I fully support you and genuinely admire your faith.

However, religion is simply the most vile and corrupted thing I've ever witnessed. It is literally the source of immense evil, now and thoughout history. Maybe not religion itself though, but the way people interpret it and use it as a reason or justification.

It is no longer, if it ever was, something that brings people together and closer to God or whatever you want to call it. It is a tool for spreading hatred and mass control and division. It is the exact opposite of what it represents itself to be.

I am technically a Christian. Why? Because I was born into a Christian family. Why? Because they were born in Serbia, a Christian country. Why? Because some king decided so 739 years ago. And then people argue over religion, and kill over it, and hate over it, because one is theirs, and the other is not. Diabolical.

I was baptised before I was mature enough to understand it, which is why I spiritualy renounce my baptism.

I have my own relegion, which is IMO, the only right religion. I don't believe in Christ, I don't believe in Allah, I don't believe in Buddha. I don't exclude the possibility of them either. I actually like reading about them.

I don't believe in God, I believe in good. The force of good, whether it is called whatever any religion calls it, maybe it's a supreme being, maybe it's more of a entity, maybe it is nothing, whatever.

Just do good. You can't be wrong, ever. It is literally as simple as that. Whoever or whatever God is, a supreme being will understand. If it is there at all... Because you did good. You didn't hate, you didn't hurt, you helped. If there is nothing at all... You were a good person which is enough of a reward in itself. Though the idea of a supreme reward is wrong in itself, because you should be good just because, not for a reaching a goal.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:05 pm

Been seeing the 'videogames are to blame' narrative from some murikan politicians recently

IGN: Every Country Has Video Games, Only One Has A Mass Shooter Problem

USA gun violence thread - Page 33 Shootings
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:26 pm

Blaming video games has always been a pathetic excuse. I remember the pearl-clutching when Mortal Kombat came out. I was just a kid and probably had no business playing a game that violent at the time, but even then I knew that argument was bullshit.

The same people pushing that narrative are the same ones decrying the "lack of God, faith, and/or prayer" in society while lamenting that LGBTQ+ folks have risen to prominence. They are regressive people who would prefer we return to times of oppression.

The ease of access to guns is as much the cause of this problem as the staggeringly poor mental health infrastructure in this country. The results are predictable.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:40 pm

Vibe wrote:I am technically a Christian. Why? Because I was born into a Christian family. Why? Because they were born in Serbia, a Christian country. Why? Because some king decided so 739 years ago. And then people argue over religion, and kill over it, and hate over it, because one is theirs, and the other is not. Diabolical.

Agree with everything you wrote.

Dude... Srbija is very religious.... Similar to my country, Poland. I'm kinda envious of the Czech rep. 72% irreligious, thats insane! Why can't we be like our neighbors. Sad

USA gun violence thread - Page 33 67559155_2519058838137849_4946579822680735744_o.png?_nc_cat=110&_nc_oc=AQlQoBm2IEV2NNpkoG7mGTlmVtX3BVZ0uCXiZzg_TzAizi_u8LvJIbYEXVMnYr3SeWA&_nc_ht=scontent-waw1-1

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:45 pm

26% only in Denmark?

Can I get a source. Legit don’t know a single religious person.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:50 pm

It’s 48% according to this article:
http://nyheder.tv2.dk/samfund/2017-10-31-danskerne-dropper-religion-antallet-af-ikke-troende-i-staerk-vaekst

Makes sense, considering almost no one in this country goes to church for religious purposes.

They do it on Christmas and weddings. Nothing else. And that’s because it’s “hyggeligt” and tradition
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:53 pm

Yeah, I checked now and the dude who made it seems to have guessed most of the numbers since he listed sources for only like half of the countries: https://www.reddit.com/r/europe/comments/bg5mwt/percentage_of_irreligious_people_in_europe/elihyev/

This map may be wildly inaccurate indeed, but I think the number for Czech Rep. is actually correct.

Now I'm reading it should be about 40% for Poland since the guy just took into consideration the amount of people who were baptised but that doesn't mean they're religious.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:55 pm

Freeza wrote:It’s 48% according to this article:
http://nyheder.tv2.dk/samfund/2017-10-31-danskerne-dropper-religion-antallet-af-ikke-troende-i-staerk-vaekst

Makes sense, considering almost no one in this country goes to church for religious purposes.

They do it on Christmas and weddings. Nothing else. And that’s because it’s “hyggeligt” and tradition

Yep, the guy didn't even link a source for Denmark. This map is worthless after a quick check. lol

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:51 pm

I don't know how they sourced the other countries, but I can explain the 37% for Germany, because I came across that number a lot at university in social studies (used to be a political science / sociology major), it's from census data of people who are not registered with any religious group. You can mentally add a LOT of people who are agnostic/atheist but never bother to file the paperwork to unregister from their religion, or stay nominally members of a church to not piss off their grandparents.

I reckon it's similar for other countries. Also a lot of people in small towns don't believe in god, but also don't want to miss the church parties. Admittedly, I assume a lot of "spiritual" people believe in something like a god, but aren't counted as religious in any statistic because they're not affiliated.

Anyway, depending how you fudge those numbers they fall between 33 and 39%.

Actual polling data for Germany, (speaking absolutely from memory, on my to bed, not going to find a source, feel free to disbelieve me) puts people who describe themselves as "religious" to like 35% max. Remind me tomorrow if you guys are interested and I might google a bit if I find the statistics I'm half-remembering ATM.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:48 am

Alright, 65% irreligious seems reasonable.

It's prolly nearly impossible to find a whole map of Europe where all or at least most of the information is accurate. However looking at every country separately is a pain in the ass.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:27 pm

A shooter opened fire in Odessa, Texas this past weekend, killing 7 people.

- It started as a traffic stop, where he shot at the cops who pulled him over.

- He sped away and shot at people (both on foot and in cars) randomly before ditching his car and hijacking a postal truck. He then led cops on a 20 miles until he arrived in Odessa. Police eventually trapped the mail truck at a movie theater and gunned the shooter down.

- 7 people between the ages of 15 and 57 were killed when the shooter randomly shot at pedestrians and other motorists. He wounded 22 others, with the youngest a 17-month old baby that was shot in the face.

- He had just been fired from his job hours and had called both 911 and the FBI to complain about it. This was hours before the shootings took place.

- He also applied to buy a gun and was denied, failing the background check. No one knows how he got the AR-15 that he used in the shootings.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:32 pm

McLewis wrote:
- He also applied to buy a gun and was denied, failing the background check. No one knows how he got the AR-15 that he used in the shootings.

Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:33 pm

The ironic thing is that he tweeted that as defense of gun rights and existing gun laws.

AOC is 100% right. Guys like this Odessa shooter probably got their guns illegally from guys like Crenshaw.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:21 pm

And this is how it so often happens when they fail background checks. There should be no way of circumventing it. If you fail, you don't get to have a gun. Period.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:03 pm

What does that even mean?
Gun sales are regulated when you go to a store, but it's legal to just sell a gun to a guy on the street, or a friend, or on eBay, privately?

It's like, pharmacies aren't allowed to sell heroin, but it's ok to privately sell it lol.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:08 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:What does that even mean?
Gun sales are regulated when you go to a store, but it's legal to just sell a gun to a guy on the street, or a friend, or on eBay, privately?

It's like, pharmacies aren't allowed to sell heroin, but it's ok to privately sell it lol.

A transaction between a private citizen and another private citizen is considered a private sale here. The reason this is so murky is down to the fact that it varies state to state.

Here's how that law breaks down in Texas:

- No law requiring a background check on the purchaser of a firearm when the seller is not a licensed dealer. So basically, this allows private citizens to sell guns to each other without a background check. That's how this guy got a gun.

Caveats to this law are that seller can be charged with a class A misdemeanor if:

- Knowingly sell a gun to someone who intends to use it unlawfully

- Knowingly sells the gun to a minor (18 or younger) without parental consent (it's legal if the parent or guardian provides written permission or if the transfer was something other than a sale (I'm guessing a gift?).

- Knowingly sells the gun to a private citizen who is intoxicated.

- Knowingly sells the gun to a person they know has been convicted of a felony 5 years before release from prison or jail or before release from supervision like parole.

- Knowingly sells gun to someone who is the subject of a directed active protective order or is the person placed under the active protective order. (So if you take a restraining order on someone, the seller can't sell you a gun and if you're the person the order is against, the seller also can't sell you a gun.)

Source: Giffords Law Center
----------------

And this is just for Texas. All other states have their own variations of these laws. The red states generally tend to resemble the above much closer, but Texas' are the loosest.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:44 pm

with the youngest a 17-month old baby that was shot in the face.
Sad

Good lord, I was about to vomit after reading this.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:28 pm

Smh all this time we were told about the American Dream

Europe >

When I was a kid I was all about going and living in the US, now I want to be as far as possible tbh

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:10 pm

Myesyats wrote:Well if his mother is Asian than he's half Asian which means he's Asian-American which means he's Asian.

Or am I missing something?
if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck then its probably a duck as they say Very Happy
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:20 pm

I don't know if you guys have seen this video, but it's a horrific reality for kids in this country:

This video is immediately what I thought about when I heard about this shooting, the latest in a long line of so many.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next