Why doesn't Ronaldo get the respect he deserves? - Page 5 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Why doesn't Ronaldo get the respect he deserves?

+51
M99
McAgger
Hapless_Hans
FennecFox7
Doc
futbol
Curtinho
chad4401
Myesyats
Dnmac4
Claudio84
Winter is Coming
Kaladin
Collblanc
Valkyrja
Freeza
The Franchise
jontsu
Onyx
jibers
zenmaster
Pedram
free_cat
Mr Nick09
titosantill
EarlyPrototype
Thimmy
Be/\/ceCALI
Gil
B-Mac
Kick
Tomwin Lannister
zigra
Donuts
farfan
Casciavit
BarrileteCosmico
zizzle
Firenze
sportsczy
Lucifer
LeSwagg James
rwo power
El Gunner
Lex
futbol_bill
Jack Daniels
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Harmonica
izzy
RealGunner
55 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Why doesn't Ronaldo get the respect he deserves? - Page 5 Empty Re: Why doesn't Ronaldo get the respect he deserves?

Post by free_cat Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:37 am

He is in clear decline. Last season, although he was a scoring machine, was obvious. This season, it's even more obvious as he has only scored in 3 games.

free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Why doesn't Ronaldo get the respect he deserves? - Page 5 Empty Re: Why doesn't Ronaldo get the respect he deserves?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:07 am

Depends how you define decline tbh, in terms of general play i agree but he's still a great goalscorer and will prove it as the season progresses.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:13 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Depends how you define decline tbh, in terms of general play i agree but he's still a great goalscorer and will prove it as the season progresses.

i will never understand how cr is a great scorer, yet he can't score unless the team provides at least 10 good chances, all he does just padding his stats, when the team back is really against the wall, he does nothing to change the situation, how many players you know scoring 50-60 goals every season and that team can't win a title? you know why? cause madrid puts ego golden boots above actual trophies, the team spends more time trying to get cr a goal than actually winning the match, that best player on the planet :bow:.

can't shower a guy with praise who demands so much from the team and still manage to look average in a lot of games.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Pseudo Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:15 pm

http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2015/10/5/9450987/cristiano-ronaldo-real-madrid-atletico-madrid-analysis-big-games
Pseudo
Pseudo
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:56 am

Bankz wrote:I dont believe people dislike ronaldo for his general personality (see maradona), we seem to mostly disrespect him because of his on pitch limitations and on pitch attitude. How can a guy not use his abilities to the maximum if the team is built around you without question? (on pitch limitation), how do u not celebrate with team mates when they score goals? How do u constantly throw a tantrum when a team mate doesnt pass u the ball once in a while? how can u continue to monopolize freekicks when you're not even remotely good at them? (on pitch attitude).
So, while what fox said is mostly correct, i tend to also agree with GLS more. Cr7 was never a really good dribbler, he was more of an average dribbler with just an above average technique & a below average ball control in tight spaces. Nothing too otherwordly. Hence, he doesnt look like the best when he plays (eye test and they are all on pitch problems).
I mean, after what casciavit, thimmy and franchise said, this threads question is pretty much answered.

The team isn't built around CR. He just poaches chances in the final third. Last game, he had 25 attempted passes in the whole game. That does not sound to me like a team whos been built to accommodate a player.

He's in probably his worst patch of form as a madrid player and all of a sudden he's declined, etc. I don't buy it. It's the same with messi, benzema, etc on here. All of a sudden a player lost a leg or something is what GL would have you believe Laughing
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:11 am

Ronaldo: "I always give the best for my club and the national team. There is not a day where my knee does not hurt, I've learned to live with it."

Honestly he should take some time off to heal his knee. Unfortunately he is too competitive to make the rational decision.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nivash Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:38 pm

Simply put, he requires the team to be built almost exclusively to suit him, but doesn't produce sufficient results to carry the team in the manner that someone with a team built around them should, notwithstanding the glut of goals he scores that don't win titles.

Nivash
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5