Michel Platini- HERO

3 posters

Go down

Michel Platini- HERO Empty Michel Platini- HERO

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:14 pm

When Platini got reign to UEFA, he made some decisions that made the big boys mad.

Changing the CL qualification route (allowing countries of smaller nations to have the champions route), and then expanding Euros. Both these decisions were met by hostility of many people, even on here...but many years on, it has transformed European international footy.

10 years ago or so, every European internationals night had loads of 6-0, 5-0, 8-0, drubbings in it. It no longer is the case (Unless for San Marino, Gibraltar, and Andorra). No game is a guaranteed 3 points. This change in format, this extra attention and hope given to smaller nations has not only blossomed some of them to a whole new level (Iceland, Northern Ireland, Wales, Albania, etc) , but even the likes of Lichtenstein, Luxamburg, Faroe Islands, Kazakhstan, Malta etc now give every team a hard game and come up with shocks a lot more than before.

European football at international stage is a lot stronger than before. And it's all thanks to Platini for ignoring the hierarchy of gangasters and mafia, and pushing for a change to make football more competitive in Europe across all nations.

You're a hero Michel. Iceland made history tonight....tears of joy from my friend in Reykjavik...that's what football is about and made most of us fall in love with the game.

See you in France next June...I'll be there. It'll be an amazing tournament and experience.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Michel Platini- HERO Empty Re: Michel Platini- HERO

Post by sportsczy Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:17 pm

Big thing is that he's trying to get rid of friendlies altogether... the ultimate concept is for a year round NT european competition that directly impact qualification to the Euros and has massive financial implications depending on results for the NTs.

The preliminary concept is already approved for this. The final implementation has yet to be publicized. I assume it will happen after or during Euro 2016.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:32 pm

He'll be an effing hero in my eyes if he gets rid of international friendlies.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down