Great Leader Sprucenuce
Valkyrja
jibers
LeBéninois
futbol
22 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Who will win and who should win (multiple choice, don't mess it up you plebs)

UEFA Best Player in Europe Award  - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%UEFA Best Player in Europe Award  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
UEFA Best Player in Europe Award  - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%UEFA Best Player in Europe Award  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
UEFA Best Player in Europe Award  - Page 2 Vote_lcap48%UEFA Best Player in Europe Award  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 48% 
[ 13 ]
UEFA Best Player in Europe Award  - Page 2 Vote_lcap15%UEFA Best Player in Europe Award  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 4 ]
UEFA Best Player in Europe Award  - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%UEFA Best Player in Europe Award  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
UEFA Best Player in Europe Award  - Page 2 Vote_lcap29%UEFA Best Player in Europe Award  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 27

Poll closed

UEFA Best Player in Europe Award  - Page 2 Empty Re: UEFA Best Player in Europe Award

Post by M99 Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:20 pm

Smh at Nerman being 5th.

M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

UEFA Best Player in Europe Award  - Page 2 Empty Re: UEFA Best Player in Europe Award

Post by Casciavit Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:22 pm

jibers wrote:
Casciavit wrote:I'm surprised that Neytap didn't make the top 3. Didn't he score a goal in every knockout game except for against Man City?

Anyway, Messi should and will win it.

Really? Neytap is the CR of Barcelona. Most of his goals were tap in and set up on a plate for him. Messi, CR, Suarez isn't a bad shout tbh.

I don't disagree with the selection, but considering the state of individual football awards nowadays a top scorer not making it into the top 3 is pretty surprising tbh.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:39 pm

Ronaldo deserves to be there. As much as messi fanboys try to throw him out of the loop.

Messi deserves to win it though.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:44 pm

jibers wrote:
Casciavit wrote:I'm surprised that Neytap didn't make the top 3. Didn't he score a goal in every knockout game except for against Man City?

Really? Neytap is the CR of Barcelona. Most of his goals were tap in and set up on a plate for him. Messi, CR, Suarez isn't a bad shout tbh.

He also created the 2nd most chances on the team outside of Messi. Also what you say his nonsense lol.

Replace Neymar with anyone else in the world and guarantee the don't score the same amount except maybe Ronaldo himself. If it was so easy how comes only he is doing it and no one else was before him?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:47 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
jibers wrote:

He also created the 2nd most chances on the team outside of Messi. Also what you say his nonsense lol.

Replace Neymar with anyone else in the world and guarantee the don't score the same amount except maybe Ronaldo himself. If it was so easy how comes only he is doing it and no one else was before him?

I never said it was easy...

My point is that people are praising Neymar for his goals and tap in and use that to criticise The Kaptain Kommander CR. CR would have reached 50+ goals at Barcelona because Neymar was missing sitter after sitter. The goals against Bayern. That's why I said he is the CR of Barcelona and so CR is still better than him. And hat did I say that was nonsense? Go and rewatch his 39 goals and you would see over half of them were tap ins. Nothing wrong with it I just thing CR is better at doing that that him and was better at converted the chances he was given.

Messi is in his own league as we all know.

Last edited by jibers on Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:48 pm

Can't believe people still pay attention to these awards lmao, I think individual awards like this are stupid in a sport like football.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:48 pm

I agree with that but the thing is Neymar was better than Suarez last season and it's not close lol.

Also sitter after sitter? again an extreme exaggeration, considering his team mates missed even more....

Last edited by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:49 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Can't believe people still pay attention to these awards lmao, I think individual awards like this are stupid in a sport like football.

I agree.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:51 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I agree with that but the thing is Neymar was better than Suarez last season and it's not close lol.

Also sitter after sitter? again an extreme exaggeration, considering his team mates missed even more....

Meh, I think Suarez was better tbh. He also scored the CL winner and set up 2 tap ins for Neymar against PSG and scored the vital classico winner that basically gave Barcelona the edge.

Irrelevant, I was comparing him to CR which is why I said CR should be there instead of him...
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:57 pm

Also it's a myth that Ronaldo is some sort of fantastic finisher.

He just takes a higher volume of shots, if you combine Suarez shots per game and Neymar's shots per game it's still less than Ronaldo's Laughing

Also it's funny how you say Neymar misses sitters, when that was all Suarez did for 3 months, ofc it doesn't matter though.

People only remember April and May, what ever happened before that doesn't count as i found out all too well during that Sneijder for Balon D'or farce Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:01 pm

Ronaldo is a great finisher. He takes a lot of shots, but when he's close to goals he's usually great.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:02 pm

He is one of the best finishers in the world lol

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:02 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Also it's a myth that Ronaldo is some sort of fantastic finisher.

He just takes a higher volume of shots, if you combine Suarez shots per game and Neymar's shots per game it's still less than Ronaldo's Laughing

Also it's funny how you say Neymar misses sitters, when that was all Suarez did for 3 months, ofc it doesn't matter though.

People only remember April and May, what ever happened before that doesn't count as i found out all too well during that Sneijder for Balon D'or farce Laughing

Laughing

I have argued that same point for years but this season he has been pretty clinical. His finishing this season has been very good. Neymar was missing one on ones (Like Suarez) while CR shooting from everywhere is more to do with his decision making not his actual finishing ability. In similar positions his shooting was nowhere near as awful as Neymar or Suarez. I have criticised him for his volume shooting but he wasn't that bad this year tbh (relative to his former years which were just something else...).

Suarez missed most of those after he hadn't played for like months. Also it's the last few months that really decide the season.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:05 pm

jibers wrote:
jibers wrote:

My point is that people are praising Neymar for his goals and tap in and use that to criticise The Kaptain Kommander CR. CR would have reached 50+ goals at Barcelona because Neymar was missing sitter after sitter. The goals against Bayern. That's why I said he is the CR of Barcelona and so CR is still better than him. And hat did I say that was nonsense? Go and rewatch his 39 goals and you would see over half of them were tap ins. Nothing wrong with it I just thing CR is better at doing that that him and was better at converted the chances he was given.

Ronaldo scored 48 goals without pens in 4637 minutes of football = 0.93 goals per 90 minutes.

Neymar scored 38 goals without pens in 4088 minutes of football = 0.84 goals per 90 minutes.

So the difference is actually small. Ronaldo just plays every game, has no defensive or tactical responsibilites and gets more than a dozen penalties every season to pad his stats so Redcafe members can boast: "Hurp da durp, 61 goals, second bestest eva!".

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:05 pm

Did you see Sneijder play that season? He deserved to be up there.

Suarez hater. :coffee:
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:07 pm

futbol wrote:
jibers wrote:

Ronaldo scored 48 goals without pens in 4637 minutes of football = 0.93 goals per 90 minutes.

Neymar scored 38 goals without pens in 4088 minutes of football = 0.84 goals per 90 minutes.

So the difference is actually small. Ronaldo just plays every game, has no defensive or tactical responsibilites and gets more than a dozen penalties every season to pad his stats so Redcafe members can boast: "Hurp da durp, 61 goals, second bestest eva!".

Laughing

That's because he is the main man. As I siad put Neymar in CRs postion and he wouldn't get the same number of goals because CR can score from a variety of different passes and is simply a better finisher.

I don't really care about the award tbh. Everyone knows Messi is the best. CR will probably not even attend Laughing

jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:10 pm

RealGunner wrote:He is one of the best finishers in the world lol

No he just takes a lot of shots, same with Messi.

It's funny how Ronaldo scoring 60+ goals on 7 shots a game is elite finishing and Benzema scoring nearly 30 on 2 shots a game is wasteful....
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:11 pm

It's funny how Ronaldo scoring 60+ goals on 7 shots a game is elite finishing and Benzema scoring nearly 30 on 2 shots a game is wasteful....

So he's a bad finisher because he can't score on his 4 50 yard attempts every game? Finishing is only in the box imho. Unless there's an open goal.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:13 pm

Never said he was bad, but he scores the goals he does ( same with Messi ) because of volume of shots.

Give Suarez, Neymar, Benzema, Lewandowski etc etc that volume of shots and they would score a similar amount.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:13 pm

How many times does Ronaldo miss inside the box? Who is an elite finisher if Ronaldo isn't?

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Never said he was bad, but he scores the goals he does ( same with Messi ) because of volume of shots.

Give Suarez, Neymar, Benzema, Lewandowski etc etc that volume of shots and they would score a similar amount.

If that was the case then Ronaldo wouldn't be one of a kind nor an all time great. Lewandowski can barely score tap ins nevermind scoring as many as Ronaldo Laughing
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:15 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Never said he was bad, but he scores the goals he does ( same with Messi ) because of volume of shots.

A lot of CRs goals where one on ones...something Neymar was missing in the regular. Neymar is simply not a better finisher. CR taking more shots is more of hs decision making than his finishing, in the box CR is far deadlier than Neymar. I don't get what you are arguing about here really...

RealGunner wrote:

How many times does Ronaldo miss inside the box? Who is an elite finisher if Ronaldo isn't?

If that was the case then Ronaldo wouldn't be one of a kind nor an all time great. Lewandowski can barely score tap ins nevermind scoring as many as Ronaldo Laughing

This Laughing
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:17 pm

Just like Messi does, he misses a lot more in the box than people think he does.

But because he has the goals to his name over many years nobody brings it up, but if Benzema or Neymar misses in the box they are missing sitters regularly when it really isn't the case.

The world would be a lot better off if everyone was consistent like me (:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:18 pm

These days I'd say Ronaldo's finishing inside the box is better than Messi's IMO.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:18 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Just like Messi does, he misses a lot more in the box than people think he does.

But because he has the goals to his name over many years nobody brings it up, but if Benzema or Neymar misses in the box they are missing sitters regularly when it really isn't the case.

The world would be a lot better off if everyone was consistent like me (:

Nope. As I said this season was an exception for CR, he was unusually clinical and most of his goals where from one touch finishes. Add to the fact that he is the best goal scorer from headers as well, Neymar can't match up. One on ones in the box this season CR has been a monster.

Messi's finishing was awful at the start and he too was missing asy chances but that decreased as the season went on. Neymar was still missing easy chances.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:19 pm

jibers wrote:

That's because he is the main man. As I siad put Neymar in CRs postion and he wouldn't get the same number of goals because CR can score from a variety of different passes and is simply a better finisher.

I don't really care about the award tbh. Everyone knows Messi is the best. CR will probably not even attend Laughing

Ronaldo is a better finisher right now but only slightly. If player A scores 0.93 goals per 90 minutes but wins nothing and player B scores 0.84 but wins a treble and scores in both quarter finals, both semi finals and the final, something that was done more than 50 years ago the last time, then player A's slightly better goalscoring prowess can't be the argument to place him above player B for such an award.

In general I don't believe Neymar wouldn't be able to reach the same number of goals if he were the main man at Madrid and took freekicks and penalties. 40 goals easily. His constant movement into goalscoring positions is way too good and Madrid create too many chances. He isn't as good in the air? Then Madrid will play more on the ground instead of crossing. Bale scored 17 goals in the worst season ever where Madrid fans want to stone him. Add Ronaldo's 13 penalty goals to his tally and he's at 30. Laughing Let's say his penalty conversion is worse than Ronaldo's and he misses a couple of the 13 that Ronaldo scored and it's still close to 30. Laughing

Last edited by futbol on Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:21 pm

futbol wrote:
jibers wrote:

Ronaldo is a better finisher right now but only slightly. If player A scores 0.93 goals per 90 minutes but wins nothing and player B scores 0.84 but wins a treble and scores in both quarter finals, both semi finals and the final, something that was done more than 50 years ago the last time, then player A's slightly better goalscoring prowess can't be the argument to place him above player B for such an award.

In general I don't believe Neymar wouldn't be able to reach the same number of goals if he were the main man at Madrid and took freekicks and penalties. 40 goals easily. His constant movement into goalscoring positions is way too good and Madrid create too many chances. He isn't as good in the air? Then Madrid will play more on the ground instead of crossing. Bale scored 17 goals in the worst season ever where Madrid fans want to stone him. Laughing

It's not slightly. Using shots to goal ratio is a bit daft. CR takes more shots form everywhere but one on ones its no competition. I would back CR to score most one on ones, Neymar, I would be wary.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next