Myesyats
RealGunner
Adit
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Hiroshima and Nagasaki  - Page 3 Empty Re: Hiroshima and Nagasaki

Post by Guest Tue May 31, 2016 7:02 pm

DuringTheWar wrote:Every time I see him speak I simply can't make it past his body language, intonation and stresses.
He comes across as having the most blatant 'as if personality' I've ever seen. He's just perfect for people with no discernment whatsoever.
Honestly I'd rather listen to Dan Quayle talk for 20 minutes, at least he was funny.

He comes across as worldly, which is exactly what i want in a president.

Does he have the boy next door charm of bush? No, but that isn't what you want in a leader. You want the best your nation can offer, and Obama fits that to a tee.

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Tue May 31, 2016 7:14 pm

Betty La Fea wrote:
DuringTheWar wrote:Every time I see him speak I simply can't make it past his body language, intonation and stresses.
He comes across as having the most blatant 'as if personality' I've ever seen. He's just perfect for people with no discernment whatsoever.
Honestly I'd rather listen to Dan Quayle talk for 20 minutes, at least he was funny.

Does he have the boy next door charm of bush? No, but that isn't what you want in a leader. You want the best your nation can offer, and Obama fits that to a tee.

Stressing your words constantly to make it sound as if each sentence you utter is the most profound string of words ever to escape the lips of any human being in history is not worldly, it's pretentious. It's designed simply to satisfy people's desire for a messiah and BHO's own messiah complex. To me it's just infuriating to listen to.
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 31, 2016 8:27 pm

DuringTheWar wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:

Stressing your words constantly to make it sound as if each sentence you utter is the most profound string of words ever to escape the lips of any human being in history is not worldly, it's pretentious. It's designed simply to satisfy people's desire for a messiah and BHO's own messiah complex. To me it's just infuriating to listen to.

Infuriating to listen to, or infuriating because of who he is?

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:11 am

Betty La Fea wrote:
DuringTheWar wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:

Who he is and how he speaks aren't two isolated things. His messiah complex is a part of who he is and it seeps into his rhetoric.
But no what you're implying is not correct, his rhetorical style is what makes my ears hurt, not his message.
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:23 am

DuringTheWar wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:
DuringTheWar wrote:

Who he is and how he speaks aren't two isolated things. His messiah complex is a part of who he is and it seeps into his rhetoric.
But no what you're implying is not correct, his rhetorical style is what makes my ears hurt, not his message.

So, his speaking style aside, you are an Obama fan if his message isn't displeasing.

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:42 am

Betty La Fea wrote:
DuringTheWar wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:

So, his speaking style aside, you are an Obama fan if his message isn't displeasing.

His message displeases my stomach not my ears.

It is possible to disagree with someone and not be put off by their rhetoric.
I disagree with Noam Chomsky and it doesn't mean I dislike like the way he communicates.
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:09 am

DuringTheWar wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:
DuringTheWar wrote:

His message displeases my stomach not my ears.

It is possible to disagree with someone and not be put off by their rhetoric.
I disagree with Noam Chomsky and it doesn't mean I dislike like the way he communicates.

Well then that is merely cultural. Chomsky probably speaks in a way in which you use to, thus you can listen to him comfortably.

Obama very much has adopted the speaking pattern of southern preachers, which have played a big part in leading discourse in this country. His speech cadence is very much in the mold of Dr.King.

What, in his speech at the Hiroshima war memorial, did you disagree with? I felt it was very safe in expressing concern with avoiding Nuclear warfare, and the need for peace in the modern age. He was respectful, thoughtful, stern, and sympathetic without being apologetic. It was a great speech, and even American-hating family members and associates from Japan felt positive towards it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum