windkick
M99
Myesyats
37 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Arda Turan - Page 4 Empty Re: Arda Turan

Post by Donuts Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:29 pm

the last thing we need is a youngster to have the added pressure of succeeding someone like xavi.

Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:33 pm

Donuts wrote:the last thing we need is a youngster to have the added pressure of succeeding someone like xavi.

What pressure? Please... That is some myth. Don't tell me he'd be running around thinking 'Oh no, I've got the #6 on my back!!! Can't mess up!!!'..... If anything, it makes a player feel more important, wearing one of the "main" numbers. He won't get bashed for not playing like Xavi while wearing his number. Pls

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:40 pm

the pressure of living up to the hype of what the media thinks of you.
samper is already hyped out to be something when he's still unproven, giving him the 6 just provokes the hype
give the 6 to turan a already developed player and well no one is going to expect more from him.

it's one thing to be an underdog and whenever you play good you get high praise than to get compared nonstop to whoever people compare samper to these days.. xavi or buscuit idk.
these "the next messi" or "the next xavi" comparisons doesn't help anyone 99% of the time they don't live up to those expectations.

if anyone deserves the 6 in this team it'd be iniesta.. if he even wants it, if not then who cares give it to whomever replaces xavi... this case it's turan.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:46 pm

99% of the time they don't live up to the hype because they're not good enough or poorly managed, not because they're named the next Messi or Xavi.

Don't think any media name Samper as the next Xavi. He resembles Busquets scarily tbh. I can't understand how a number could influence anyone, negatively at least.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:12 pm

The real problem I have with this signing is that it resigns us to become a primarily counter attacking team. Imagine we play Rakitic-Turan in midfield, how could we retain possession? Signing Turan also means that we will not sign another midfield, even if they have another profile, not that I want anyone else for that matter.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:43 pm

Donuts wrote:you all are over reacting over a shirt number lmao
it's not even a fact yet and you guys are going crazy about it he wont get a number 24 shirt or someshit he is literally here to replace a bench xavi not a starter and legend xavi we had two or three years ago

i guess the stereotype that majority of barca fans are huge pessimistic and complainers isn't far from true.

Who is going crazy lol

All I read is people stating he shouldnt get the number. Whats the problem?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:12 pm

linetty wrote:Xavi should point at the successor himself, just like Puyi.

I like that. Eric Abidal's shirt number was taken by Dani Alves. Carles Puyol's shirt number was taken by Sergio Busquets. Similarly Xavi should choose someone who wants to take his shirt number.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:16 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:The real problem I have with this signing is that it resigns us to become a primarily counter attacking team. Imagine we play Rakitic-Turan in midfield, how could we retain possession? Signing Turan also means that we will not sign another midfield, even if they have another profile, not that I want anyone else for that matter.

Yes but that seems to be the intention. Having achieved great success already Lucho would probably want to impose his style even more on the team next season. Hence maybe Arda is indeed Lucho's handpick.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:52 pm

Xavi's legendary will not die simply because a scrub have worn it. you cant always ensure a Xavi will wear it. this shirt no. is a clear hype. Because a legend makes the number legendary. the number does not choose a legend. no matter what kind of talent you buy and offer him the number, it will help ZERO TO HIS PERFORMANCE. you want to give it to Pogba. But pogba can be another Ibrahamovich or Chegy (whom people compared with puyol) , a super flop. Xavi's legendary will not spiritually be transferred to him. If he is another legend he will make no. 22 better than 6.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:55 pm

For me, Arda is another indication that we will move further away from our long lasted style. last season we had been a counter attacking team. this season probably we will see some game where we are going into the save the game mode. counter score early and apply physicality and save the game. for me we we are walking towards Chelsea and At. Madrid under lucho. i though think we might be successful interms of trophy

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:59 pm

neuro11 wrote:For me, Arda is another indication that we will move further away from our long lasted style. last season we had been a counter attacking team. this season probably we will see some game where we are going into the save the game mode. counter score early and apply physicality and save the game. for me we we are walking towards Chelsea and At. Madrid under lucho. i though think we might be successful interms of trophy

Couldn't be further from the truth.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:26 pm

Sounds like a really great guy

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:29 pm

He can really be deadly if he's allowed to unveil his true potential without parking the bus or having to play like a thug.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:51 am

Fußball wrote:
neuro11 wrote:For me, Arda is another indication that we will move further away from our long lasted style. last season we had been a counter attacking team. this season probably we will see some game where we are going into the save the game mode. counter score early and apply physicality and save the game. for me we we are walking towards Chelsea and At. Madrid under lucho. i though think we might be successful interms of trophy

Couldn't be further from the truth.

i wholeheartedly wish you are right

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:04 am

Press conference earlier today

Why Barça? First of all there was many offers, but if there was a proposal from Barça, you have to reject everything else. It will be difficult for six months, but it will go quickly and I will soon be wearing the Barça shirt, which is a dream for me.

Replacing Xavi? Nobody can replace Xavi because he is great, not only for Barça, but he was an idol all over the world. I'm a different player, I will try my best but I won't be Xavi. I will contribute with my way for working, but Xavi will always be a symbol for Barça.

Barça, because there was too much running at Atletico? Barça is a team that plays a lot with the ball, they won the Champions League. I want to win every title and I know Barça are used to that. I want to make a contribution to that. To answer these questions [if Diego Simeone makes you run more than Luis Enrique], I have to start working with Luis Enrique. It was actually fun with Diego Simeone. I know it'll be fun here, too. Luis Enrique is one of the best coaches in the world and we have to work to win as many titles as possible.

That boot throw: Throwing the boot was a mistake!

Looking forward to living in Barcelona? All my life has been a success, because I have had the fun I was looking for. Barcelona is a great city, it has the sea, it's a great city to live. But it's about success, so I can achieve success here it will be a great city for me, too, like Madrid was.

Shirt number? The number is not important for me, I am just here to play for Barça. I will talk to the players and the team and I will choose an available number. Arda Turanism? That's my philosophy, my culture, my way of thinking.

On Atletico's treatment of Neymar: That was a great game, a big game and that tension can happen. Things that happen on the pitch stay on the pitch. Neymar is a very special player and I don't even remember that dispute.

Having to wait to play: Even when I am at home I want to play in the garden. When I was putting on the shirt I was already anxious. I know I have to wait, I just hope the six months will go past really soon and I can get on the pitch and complete my dream.

Going on loan to play? There's no thought about a loan. I want to adapt here to Barcelona, to the best team in the world.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:35 am

Arda Turan - Page 4 CJiwfk5WsAEghlr
Arda Turan - Page 4 CJiwZjlWEAAys8W

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:00 pm

With the Arda money, Atletico have officilaly purchased Vietto from Villarreal and Ferreira Carrisco from Monaco

Not a bad bit of business for them. Got rid of an aging player, that has limited skills, and replaced him with 2 younger guys with high potential and didn't have to spend a dime over what they sold Arda for.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:03 pm

For what it's worth, he seems to really love the club
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:05 pm

windkick wrote:With the Arda money, Atletico have officilaly purchased Vietto from Villarreal and Ferreira Carrisco from Monaco

Not a bad bit of business for them. Got rid of an aging player, that has limited skills, and replaced him with 2 younger guys with high potential and didn't have to spend a dime over what they sold Arda for.

Valencia have bought Mustafi and Otamendi for the Mathieu money last season. Barca. Proud DAT generousness towards the league. Proud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:19 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:For what it's worth, he seems to really love the club

If there's one thing I like, is his love for our club. The guys over the moon, can tell he is a legit cule. Geeking out so hard right now, can't help but to feel happy for the guy for living his dream.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:21 pm

Fußball wrote:
windkick wrote:With the Arda money, Atletico have officilaly purchased Vietto from Villarreal and Ferreira Carrisco from Monaco

Valencia have bought Mustafi and Otamendi for the Mathieu money last season. Barca. Proud DAT generousness towards the league. Proud

My question is

Would you guys be happy with Ferreira Carrisco, Vietto, Otamendi, and Mustafi over Turan and Mathieu? lol
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:26 pm

“Hopefully I will play play alongside Iniesta, Messi, Neymar and Luis Suarez," he stated. "I think you can see that picture of the five of us playing together.''

Already thinks he will bench Rakitic. The lulz if Pogba arrives Proud
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:02 pm

Turan offers about nothing in offense. Would rather him come on to do dirty work when we have a lead. But if we NEED a goal, why in the world would we bring him on? Imagine if Lucho ever plays Turan and Mascherano in midfield? lol
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:11 pm

Casciavit wrote:“Hopefully I will play play alongside Iniesta, Messi, Neymar and Luis Suarez," he stated. "I think you can see that picture of the five of us playing together.''

Already thinks he will bench Rakitic. The lulz if Pogba arrives Proud

That moment we find out we could of got Gundogan, Reus and Pogba but Lucho shot the deals down because they have never played in the GOATleague Proud
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:25 pm

windkick wrote:Turan offers about nothing in offense. Would rather him come on to do dirty work when we have a lead. But if we NEED a goal, why in the world would we bring him on? Imagine if Lucho ever plays Turan and Mascherano in midfield? lol

he's good in offense lol. can dribble, pass, shoot. not a world-class player but way better than dat scrub Pedro.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:56 pm

Yeah, Turan seems to be over the moon in joining us he's been so happy and talking a lot about the club. I'm not going to say this is good business, as it isn't we all know, but I have to say I'm happy for him and who knows he may prove us wrong and offer something we need this season and may win another treble or at least CL (one can hope).
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next