Rebaño Sagrado
iftikhar
Mr_Puyol
24 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Gold Cup 2015 - Page 6 Empty Re: Gold Cup 2015

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:49 am

Well, first I should say congrats to Jamaica cause they won their game fair & square and have shown to be competitive as a team. Their Copa America performance was defo, while not glorious but not shameful either, was not a fluke, IMO. Klinsmann needs to get out of USMNT, tho. How can you not put Gonzalez as the undisputed CB starter of this US team. Clearly, Brooks isn't the answer and Alvardo should be an RB or Stopper on a 3 CB system. Guzan made a mistake and payed for it. Donovan vindicated now, for sure. This is Klinsmann's 2nd F-up in a major tourney and I still don't see a reason to change my opinion of him.

Now, for Mexico. First thing I want to get out of the way is that I wanted Mexico to win. However, I didn't like the way things went down against Costa Rica who also experienced mistakes by the refs. Still, I wanted them to win here against Panama. After the events that happened yesterday , tho, all I can say is that I felt great shame in wanting Mex to win. The decisions made here took me back to Chelsea Vs Barca 2009 & Korea Vs Italy & Spain 2002.

After the chaos with the Panamanian bench occurred & right before Guardado took the pen I thought to myself (in Spanish) at that moment, "The judgement of Mexico NT's character is being tested here. If Guardado does the honorable thing and misses on purpose, Mex lose but can hold their heads held high. If he makes it, then Mex will have tarnished any good reputation the referee had and have assured a stain on their own success."

Guardado scores. The damage is done. I expect consequences to the ref that Mex decided not to spare.

Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:05 pm

Please stop this he should have missed crap Laughing He's a football player not an honorable knight. His job is to score and he did it. He didn't make that bad call and we have seen millions of dives where bad penalties get called, but does everyone ask them to miss? No, the players celebrate successfully fooling the ref.
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:12 am

Agree with Rebs. To intentionally miss a penalty, regardless of what one thinks of the situation, is unprofessional.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:07 am

This Gold Cup has become a ridiculous farce, both in terms of US performances and in terms of officiating, organizing, and (lack of) professionalism from all involved parties.

Think Panama had the right idea and they should have replaced the final and third place match with a couple of games of kickball.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:30 am

Well, it doesn't matter now. One can't expect to pull a Puyol all the time. Still tho, to me it doesn't excuse Mex for being benefited by the ref. They took the easy way out of it. Too ashamed to celebrate if they win the final. Only the shameless can stomach this pill.

The only positive I can take from this tourney is the sudden rise in competitiveness from the Caribbean teams. It's always a delight to have more competition in these tourneys. It makes everything much more interesting and a rise in level is always a plus for quality matches in the future.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:38 am

Which penalty are you guys talking about? I don't have a problem with either one.. The Panamanian defender is an idiot for jumping on the ball, he already stopped the attack prior to that.. The second was a clear penalty
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:22 am

LeSwagg James wrote:Which penalty are you guys talking about? I don't have a problem with either one.. The Panamanian defender is an idiot for jumping on the ball, he already stopped the attack prior to that.. The second was a clear penalty

i probably wouldn't ever in my life call that penalty even seeing it in slow motion
the defender fell naturally onto the ball, only reason his elbow touched it was because it was either he falls on his arm or head first into the field after jumping
the ref was odd for giving a penalty so late in the game for a small thing like that, and that is the controversy.

the second penalty i agree it was nothing but a penalty.. the two defenders never touched the ball lol
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:54 pm

It looked to me like jumped on the ball purposely though.. Looks like he wanted to trap it with his back but ended up *bleep* it up
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:43 am

Tecatito went into the tournament not known by the casual, and will leave as the next bonafide Mexican super star.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:51 am

congrats Rebz Proud
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:12 am

2nd penalty was offside before the actual pen. Wasn't an easy call but......
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:45 am

Making CONCACAF Gold Cup 16-team competition when there's hardly eight competitive teams. Razz
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:24 pm

Mexico wins, as expected. :coffee:
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite