Casciavit
Tomwin Lannister
RealGunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
M99
20 posters

Page 3 of 42 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22 ... 42  Next

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 22 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 22

Post by Onyx Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:21 pm

Nah, I think we just have a different definition of what personality is. To me personality in wrestling is about being unique and standing out. A gimmick/character in itself is a personality. Mick Foley had multiple personalities where he acted in a certain way, dressed differently etc. That's what a personality is in wrestling.

I can understand how Rollins 'shows' personality by being cocky or arrogant, but that isn't enough, it's what a generic/default heel does. What he needs is something to make him stand out.

In terms of Bray Wyatt, he does run away when faces chase him down, so he is cowardly on occasions.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 22 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 22

Post by RealGunner Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:17 pm

Actually some posts in this thread after a long time hmm

Problem with Bray was that WWE had no idea how to deal with him. They made a terrible decision to have him feud with Cena. Because there is no way Cena was ever going to change or be influenced by Bray. Their 2nd biggest mistake was the Daniel Bryan fiasco. Have him fake join the wyatts to just do a double swerve might have been great for himself, but it did nothing for wyatts. Same thing happened with Kane. Wyatts in the end managed to brainwash no one. Their gimmick became useless and then they parted Bray with Rowen and Harper.

WWE don't seem to trust his gimmick at all. It's been like 2 years since he has been delivering the promos and yet they have no affect on anyone in the locker room Laughing

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:05 pm

Commentary instructions leaked. More here: https://imgur.com/a/NW1WG

The Official WWE Thread - Part 22 - Page 3 YgAp820

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:19 pm

"Keep comments and observations believable and plausible"

Lol

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:48 pm

- As noted earlier, Jamie Noble had to get stitches in his back in addition to the broken arm he suffered in the RAW attack from Brock Lesnar. Noble received 12 stitches after being cut by windshield glass. Joey Mercury suffered a bruised spleen and aggravated a prior, serious neck injury due to the suplex on the hood of the Cadillac.

WWE reported that both Mercury and Noble are out of action indefinitely.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:04 pm

Really hope that's kayfabe. I think it is too. Pretty sure Brock will take out Kane next week leaving Seth all alone for Battleground.

Brock is inhuman, jumps over the rope like he's a cruiserweight lol http://gfycat.com/GlassVigorousCrane
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:10 am

Rumours that they are going to let Rollins win clean against Lesnar.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:14 am

Lol he is no way winning clean. I'm expecting Rollins to pin him and not get DQ'd after something like a sledgehammer shot.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:12 pm

https://instagram.com/p/48Vm28L9xR/

https://instagram.com/p/48f2xRL9-0/
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:19 pm

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooool rofl
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:13 pm

Rollins bad for business imo.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

According to The Wrestling Observer, sources at the USA Network indicate that officials there believe pro wrestling's popularity is cycling downward, which is indicated by the decline in ratings.

Regarding disappointing numbers for WWE Tough Enough, it was noted by The Observer that USA feels the format of Tough Enough, with how it's taped and live, isn't working because it doesn't give the Tough Enough judges enough time to make fair decisions, and the fans are only given a few minutes instead of a whole day or a whole week to vote. They feel this turns off the audience and leads to a poor word of mouth buzz

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:48 pm

Wrestling News Observer did not say a single word about USA Network thinking wrestling popularity is declining because of ratings. They are extremely disappointed by Tough Enough ratings and think the show is terrible (which it is according to everyone who watches).
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:12 pm

Tough enough rofl rofl

Rather watch total divas
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:41 pm

as if wwe think people will watch tough enough lol
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:23 pm

:bow:

WWE NXT Women’s Champion Sasha Banks and Charlotte are scheduled for Monday’s WWE RAW in Atlanta.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:05 pm

I don't want Charlotte and Sasha Banks on the main roster. They will not be able to give the same quality of matches they give on NXT because of the stupid main roster writers. I really hope I'm wrong though.

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:50 pm

Punk was a fraud imo. Took 6 years to get over by cutting a shoot promo, eventually ran out of material and quit. Legit entertainers like Dwayne don't need to break kayfabe to entertain. Da biggest vanilla indy midget quieter eva! Hop3 he gets reked in da UFC.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:51 pm

He was entertaining long before the pipe bomb lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:57 pm

Pretty sure MT is being sarcastic hmm
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:57 pm

Was never over though. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:18 pm

Also Punk did not need 6 years to get over any way.

Triple H: "No, I am, Punk. That's today, and that's where you've changed my opinion. You see, it's the first six years that you bitch about incessantly, where you didn't get that reaction, but you thought for some reason you were being held back. You see, it's not about my opinion, it's about theirs. You wanna be a star? All you have to do is get over with them. Those people, when you get them on your side, will come in droves to see you, Punk, and when they do, you'll get everything you ever wanted out of this business. You won't have to go and make phone calls and beg and plead to be on the cup at 7-Eleven, 7-Eleven will call us and demand that you're on it."

CM Punk: "So, we're listening to the audience today, just today, is that right? We're listening to what they want? Then where, oh where, are my WWE ice cream bars? And spare me the imaginary brass ring speech, because I've heard dozens and dozens of them over the years. I remember fondly my first brass ring speech, let me take you back if I can be afforded to tell you a little bit of a story, it was 2006, Philadelphia. The night before my first WWE Pay-Per-View, Survivor Series. I was on a tag team captained by D-Generation X. And the funny thing about that night is, 18,000 people in Philadelphia weren't chanting DX, they weren't chanting HBK, they certainly weren't chanting Triple H, they were chanting: crowd chants CM Punk.

He was not lying.

He was over as soon as he debuted. People watched freakin ECW because of him. With his Straight Edge Society heel gimmick, he had nuclear heat. And that's no exaggeration. Live crowd reports indicate people would have beat him up if they got near him. No one since then got so hated as a charaacter.

Punk himself called out WWE for it. He was always over, he was the best all round performer but they were fixated on having Super Cena and Triple H be the main stays on main event. His popularity only made him a sporadic main eventer in their guys so they could capitalize on a few merchandise sales and have his championship reign transfigure to their chosen ones who had a bigger body than him. Once Punk turned real life into storyline, said these kayfabe breaking true things, his popularity sky rocketed to the summit and they had to make him the biggest man if they had any business sense. Even then they managed to screw up in some aspects, trading titles with Del Rio and Cena, not letting him beat Cena clean ONCE and having Triple H bury him for no reason and then KEVIN NASH OUTTA NOWHERE.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:23 pm

Meh. Fandango was over for a night 3 years ago. Could say it's hard to get over as a heel, but Austin, Rock, Orton, Bryan all managed it without breaking kayfabe. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:28 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Meh. Fandango was over for a night 3 years ago. Could say it's hard to get over as a heel, but Austin, Rock, Orton, Bryan all managed it without breaking kayfabe. hmm

SES Punk was fully kayfabe lol. And he was not that over for one night only. He always got cheered until he started acting heelish with everyone's favorite Jeff Hardy and then eventually turned full heel.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:31 pm

from my memories of ECW, Punk was always liked for his wrestling. Not many people gave him a chance to be CM Punk we saw in RAW. There was always talent but it was used Far far too late.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:42 pm

Punk was never over enough with the SES and never over enough to warrant a proper push until 2011. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:25 am

https://i.imgur.com/7GBe8oh.gif

Laughing
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 42 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22 ... 42  Next