Soul
mr-r34
El Gunner
Jonathan28
BarrileteCosmico
45 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 6 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 3 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 6 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:01 am

Umm... m99 that's what people have been saying about the show from the beginning. DuringTheWar kept predicting the show is really about killing the good guys and he was proved right time and time again. The show hasn't changed.

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 6 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 3 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 6 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by M99 Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:06 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Umm... m99 that's what people have been saying about the show from the beginning. DuringTheWar kept predicting the show is really about killing the good guys and he was proved right time and time again. The show hasn't changed.

You misunderstand me. Killing of good guys is what made the show quite unique and great for me. They never had plot armor or anything and I loved it. Now it's the bad guys who have ridiculous plot armor (tbh it's just Ramsay and Sons Of The Harzoos) to kill of others. This quote explains it better.

The reason bad things happen on GoT has changed. GoT has gone from being a show that wouldn't cheat to help the good guys to a show that will cheat to help the bad guys.

When I complain about GoT lately people respond with "That's what the show has always been, this is what you signed up for, if you think this has a happy ending you haven't been paying attention." but I think this episode has solidified why I have a problem with the show recently.

The tragedy on the show used to be organic. People would die because GoT wasn't willing to give characters the 1 in a million lucky breaks that other shows give their protagonist.

Now the show doesn't just not give the protagonists freebies, it bends over backwards to *bleep* them over. Honestly, every military conflict in the last two and a half seasons has seen the wrong side winning.

Yara and "The 50 best swordsmen in the Iron Isles" lose a fight to a shirtless guy with a knife and 3 dogs, which is roughly what you would encounter on your average domestic disturbance call. The 50 best swordsmen in the Iron Isles couldn't survive half an episode of "Cops"

The Unsullied and Baristan Selmy lose a fight against unarmored aristocrats with knives.

"20 good men" infiltrate the camp of the greatest military tactician alive.

The Unsullied lose another fight against unarmored aristocrats with spears, who honestly also make a pretty good showing against a dragon.

The Boltons, despite not being supported by most of the north, and seemingly not having any massive source of money, raise an army of tens of thousands and overwhelm Stannis.

Add to that the fact that the nigh omniscient Littlefinger was apparently unaware that the Boltons were fcked up weirdos and the show seems to be bending over backwards for tragedy.

Last edited by M99 on Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:07 am; edited 1 time in total
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:07 am

Many in this thread actually want the good guys to keep dying and bad things to keep happening so I guess they are catering to some of the audience.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:11 am

Many in this thread have deep psychological issues as well.

Am I imagining things or was there a point during the scene in Mereen when Jorah told everyone to stop the banter?
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:13 am

elitedam wrote:Many in this thread have deep psychological issues as well.

Am I imagining things or was there a point during the scene in Mereen when Jorah told everyone to stop the banter?

You don't have to sympathize with a character. You have to be fascinated by a character.

We're not fascinated by watching boring people, therefor we want the interesting characters to live.

But yeah psychological issues.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:35 am

You take things way too seriously. That's just my usual response to all the Ramsay fans out there.

Besides, this show has killed off great characters like Mance, The Hound, Tywin, Ygritte, and others so I don't think they're catering to anyone.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:41 am

My psychological issues are GOAT but even I am not in favour of all the random killing in random ways. After all the show is built around the characters (obviously) so good or bad, when the GOAT cast is cut down mercilessly, the show is going to suffer.

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:45 am

elitedam wrote:You take things way too seriously. That's just my usual response to all the Ramsay fans out there.

Besides, this show has killed off great characters like Mance, The Hound, Tywin, Ygritte, and others so I don't think they're catering to anyone.

So Jake Gyllenhaal in Nightcrawler, Gone Girl, Hannibal Lector, Charlize in Monster etc. are only loved characters by crazy people hmm

Enjoying a great character is understandable. There's something fascinating in watching Ramsey because he's unlike a lot we've seen so far. A lot of what made the first four seasons so great was the incredible heel factor Joffrey had.

Pretty sure everyone is mad when bad characters have plot armor and great characters die all the time.

Everyone wants Olly to die, not because he's good or bad. But because he's piss uninteresting, ugly and a bad actor.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:47 am

Here's hoping Brienne of house testosterone gets killed off, finally a shock death i'd mark out for like a fanboy.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:52 am

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Here's hoping Brienne of house testosterone gets killed off, finally a shock death i'd mark out for like a fanboy.

Hope she keeps her mask on in Star Wars and never speaks tbh.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:55 am

Christ, it was just a joke. Ramsay was just completely evil and sadistic with no redeeming qualities that I wrote you'd have to have psychological problems to like him. You think I really judge people on who their favorite fictional characters are?

I have no idea about what you're arguing in the rest of your post because I agree with you.

Though I thought Ramsay's character was a little silly and one dimensional at the beginning I'm beginning to appreciate it a little more now (maybe it's the acting though).
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:55 am

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Here's hoping Brienne of house testosterone gets killed off, finally a shock death i'd mark out for like a fanboy.

lmfaooooooooooooooooooooooooo

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:58 am

elitedam wrote:Christ, it was just a joke. Ramsay was just completely evil and sadistic with no redeeming qualities that I wrote you'd have to have psychological problems to like him. You think I really judge people on who their favorite fictional characters are?

I have no idea about what you're arguing in the rest of your post because I agree with you.

Though I thought Ramsay's character was a little silly and one dimensional at the beginning I'm beginning to appreciate it a little more now (maybe it's the acting though).

My bad hmm Don't know you well enough to see what is a joke and what is not.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:59 am

That's what we're left with. Brienne, Dorne, religious clowns in King's Landing, and the never ending Mereen occupation.

I'm seriously hoping for the ultimate troll with the White Walker general sitting on the iron throne.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:00 am

Freeza wrote:
elitedam wrote:Christ, it was just a joke. Ramsay was just completely evil and sadistic with no redeeming qualities that I wrote you'd have to have psychological problems to like him. You think I really judge people on who their favorite fictional characters are?

No worries.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:04 am

Freeza wrote:

You need to calm the f down m7

it's getting out of hands
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:06 am

RealGunner wrote:
Freeza wrote:

You need to calm the f down m7

it's getting out of hands

GAME OF THRONES - PART 6 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 3 CHU2IKgWgAAMQGp
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:07 am

Back in my day, real men settled issues man to man, 1 to 1

With a first to 20 kills quickscoping match on rust ffs

And yeah even if 1 or 2 of the 'dead' people from last ep pull through, they're obliterated so much of the main cast and for every Oberyn you can get that waltzes in to the show and instantly becomes a GOAT, you have 20 sparrow type plebs that do not even remotely make up for it.

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:09 am

Killing Birgitte Hjort Sørensen's character off after 10 minutes was awful...
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:03 am

Freeza wrote:Killing Birgitte Hjort Sørensen's character off after 10 minutes was awful...

Eventhough she's dead as a person, her role's not over in the show. She is alive as a wight. So technically they didnt. There's a remote chance of her having something or the other to do in the coming seasons despite the fact that zombies have zero acting scope.

But then I am totally with you. She was superb in that brief part and they cut her down. :facepalm:

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:36 am

Like I said, she did better acting in 10 minutes than Daenerys all season.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:02 am

Freeza wrote:Killing Birgitte Hjort Sørensen's character off after 10 minutes was awful...
Didn't even know she was danish lmao.

Shame they killed her cause I liked her..
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:41 am

lol'd so hard at elite's and freeza's back and forth even though I knew elite was half serious/half joking.

Freeza has the biggest psychological issues here rofl

Me and Tom follow second for being hardcore Ramsay fans rofl
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:15 pm

GAME OF THRONES - PART 6 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 3 11401419_10153408984698896_690955389826564719_n
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:18 pm

Burlington Bar reactions finally out ! Very Happy

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:27 pm

Btw guys have any of you noticed the music change just before the screen cuts to black ?
That familiar sombre track ends and a more of a mysterious sort replaces it.
If it was a typical death sequence with all the sadness and stuff around why they bother to change the track in the middle of the scene ? And instead keeping the 1st track till the end would have made more sense (to further the feel, sort of)

So I mean, Clearly theres something else happening as the blood is spreading through the snow.

Just a humble observation from the scene. Not a theory or anything like that.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next